Verified:

Rocky79 Game profile

Oct 22nd 2022, 12:51:15

Originally posted by AndrewMose:
Never underestimate TMac. #74 has great chances too. At these prices of tech and military, cashers should be able to grow by 5 grabs a day. 4 turrets per turn production is only $400 right now. Cashers are 50% higher production per turn.

#74 is me, and I can tell you with certainty that I’m not going to win :)

I’ve been unable to receive the Top 100 Arena List bonus for the majority of the round, I’m not sure why but it just doesn’t register in-game when I click that one

As a result I am only @ half of the expense bonus % that I should be at and I considered just self deleting my country and likely will quit the game again next round because it is such a huge disadvantage that makes it impossible to win and not fun to play the late game

Rocky79 Game profile

Oct 22nd 2022, 12:51:50

Also, the food and oil prices have been crazy high

It’s likely that the big commie built rigs while the big reps did not

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Oct 22nd 2022, 13:25:43

Who is that big commie? Good to see a rotation of players winning the round.. otherwise its gonna be tmac most of the time lol

LightBringer Game profile

Oct 22nd 2022, 13:35:21

With super expensive food and dirt cheap mil and tech prices, the main winners are the farmers…. they should win this round…
Hello

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Oct 22nd 2022, 14:08:47

Food price will crash anyway later on.. look at how much food are getting sold this few days.. destocking will be massive later on

Rocky79 Game profile

Oct 22nd 2022, 16:10:31

Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:
Food price will crash anyway later on.. look at how much food are getting sold this few days.. destocking will be massive later on

This is something that has never made sense to me, why would anyone stockpile $70 food and sell it later at $40?

If I was a stockpiling techer I’d be starting to jump now selling my food at $70 and buying $100 turrets and jets

I’t would have to be more efficient than buying $70 food now to stockpile and sell the food later at a huge loss to buy more expensive $150 jets/turrets late game

AndrewMose Game profile

Oct 22nd 2022, 16:12:31

Originally posted by Rocky79:
I’t would have to be more efficient than buying $70 food now to stockpile and sell the food later at a huge loss to buy more expensive $150 jets/turrets late game

I'm #4 and I approve this message.

Edited By: AndrewMose on Oct 22nd 2022, 16:15:46
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 22nd 2022, 16:33:36

Originally posted by AndrewMose:
Never underestimate TMac. #74 has great chances too. At these prices of tech and military, cashers should be able to grow by 5 grabs a day. 4 turrets per turn production is only $400 right now. Cashers are 50% higher production per turn.

#74 is me, and I can tell you with certainty that I’m not going to win :)

I’ve been unable to receive the Top 100 Arena List bonus for the majority of the round, I’m not sure why but it just doesn’t register in-game when I click that one

As a result I am only @ half of the expense bonus % that I should be at and I considered just self deleting my country and likely will quit the game again next round because it is such a huge disadvantage that makes it impossible to win and not fun to play the late game

Yeah not paying premium is a big disadvantage with the bonuses glitching every couple days, there's an idiot complaining about the humanitarian range claiming it is unfair over at bugs n suggestions all while the true unfair disadvantage is that pay for perks bullfluff......
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Aturan Game profile

Patron

Oct 22nd 2022, 16:34:52

Rocky, since I'm the one selling the food I think I can explain some of it. Most techers are not actively stockpiling food at 70. Most sales I am making are for 500k bushels or less each. People are buying to play turns.

I could just pull my stock off the market and then food would be much higher. I personally am well into corruption as it is right now.

I'm a man who likes to jump early, but it's a little early yet even for me.

The only thing I don't know, is where are all the bushels from the farmers. I have orders out under my stock and not much is filling.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 22nd 2022, 16:42:12

Good, keep food expensive lol, are we the only big farmers? I haven't spied anyone up there this round, i know there's a couple mid size oilers.....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 22nd 2022, 18:52:55

Where were these prices when I was a farmer two sets ago? *cries*

I think it'll be a pretty competitive top 10 this set, though maybe not quite as high top 3 as we've seen.

Rocky79 Game profile

Oct 22nd 2022, 22:01:58

KoHearts

You are right, I basically have to make a decision if I want to pay for premium or just quit the game because the bonuses make such a huge difference in the last week or so

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Oct 23rd 2022, 10:32:32

There's still like 17 days or so before end of round.. those techers who stocked early may choose to sell all their food now, but they might risk buying more expensive food in the next few days before food price start to drop.. by making the jump and mass buy military units early, expenses will rise and they could effectively not be playing any turns for the remaining 2 weeks since tech price could be too low to generate enough net income due to the expenses..

there are those stockers of food who will be hoping to be able to destock fast enough before selling their food at 40+ or less when they stock at 70.. probably these group of ppl might also have run out of targets to hit without making risks

There are also ppl who can choose not to stock pile in food but in cash, but they will face all the corruption going on (unless they have the bonus)..

There would also be ppl who is not going to stockpile cash or food, but continue to hit for land, until the time where food prices become reasonable..

Rocky79 Game profile

Oct 23rd 2022, 16:46:10

Delphi,

I’m asking about the logic behind stockpiling food at $70 to resell later for much less

If I was a techer who has been stockpiling food for the past 12-13 days and I’ve got 2 billion in cash and lots of food because I’ve been stockpiling food bushels for the past 12-13 days I would likely sell some of my food now because it is at a premium and buy up some of these super cheap jets and turrets.

I don’t see an argument for continuing to stockpile bushels when they are $70 a bushel, and I also don’t thing it would be a good idea to stock oil. So the question is what do you do in that situation.

Personally I would be selling some of my food stockpile and growing my military with super cheap jets now. Sure my expenses will go up, but I don’t see how that is worse than taking a big hit in a couple weeks and losing money trying to sell bushels that I bought at an ultra premium.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Oct 24th 2022, 11:26:56

Delphi,

I’m asking about the logic behind stockpiling food at $70 to resell later for much less

If I was a techer who has been stockpiling food for the past 12-13 days and I’ve got 2 billion in cash and lots of food because I’ve been stockpiling food bushels for the past 12-13 days I would likely sell some of my food now because it is at a premium and buy up some of these super cheap jets and turrets.

I don’t see an argument for continuing to stockpile bushels when they are $70 a bushel, and I also don’t thing it would be a good idea to stock oil. So the question is what do you do in that situation.

Personally I would be selling some of my food stockpile and growing my military with super cheap jets now. Sure my expenses will go up, but I don’t see how that is worse than taking a big hit in a couple weeks and losing money trying to sell bushels that I bought at an ultra premium.

I don't think those techers who stocked early will be stocking at 70 as u said.. u see the large amount of food that got transacted this few days and those huge supply are probably coming from techers and cant be coming from those few farmers.. so those new buyers are probably new stockers who are just starting to stock, and thinking that in the next few days or so, food prices might continue to go strong before they start de-stock.. if a lot of ppl are thinking in this way, then there u have ur demand

The techers who sold their massive food will need to calculate how much expenses they will incur after making the jump and buying all the cheap goods.. the expenses might be so huge that they would not be generating a net positive income and would just be sitting there for next 16 days doing almost nth at all

Tmac Game profile

Oct 24th 2022, 19:16:59

Another thing you might not have thought about is someone might buy their own bushels. Last time I ran a demo tech I remember doing that a couple times. Maybe I realized my $75 bushels were next in line after my $70 ones so I just buy all the $70.

Aturan Game profile

Patron

Oct 24th 2022, 19:39:32

Originally posted by Tmac:
Another thing you might not have thought about is someone might buy their own bushels. Last time I ran a demo tech I remember doing that a couple times. Maybe I realized my $75 bushels were next in line after my $70 ones so I just buy all the $70.

Exactly. I've done this multiple times last number of days.

Rocky79 Game profile

Oct 24th 2022, 21:37:06

I screwed up so bad today, hah

No targets so I figured I’d smoke the guy that broke gdi on me earlier in the round and then jump out of his range

I had a typo in my first PS and failed, and then I got upset with myself and oversent on PS #2 meaning I was unable to send a third PS

Then I had at least 4 but I think 6 or 7 food shortages when I launched my missiles.. which is terrible for a casher

I guess it’s karma for trying to stomp a player when he’s already been knocked down, lol

Whoops :)

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Oct 25th 2022, 10:52:08

I have a bad day as well.. My food couldn't sell and I can't pump up my defence.. ended up I took a retal.. there are so many ppl to retal easily but that guy chose to go for risky retal and keep pumping up jets till he is able to break me.. if it was a properly executed retal done, I would have taken it and forget abt it, but the way he is executing the retal makes me wonder if I shld ROR

AndrewMose Game profile

Oct 25th 2022, 11:32:47

That's a tough retal to take Delphinus, they jumped $5M NW. I will say it was his first retal so maybe they are working from newest to oldest...Let's see if #38 is next. This is why grabbing is do difficult because it's hard to tell which countries can jump up so quickly to take those retals.

Edited By: AndrewMose on Oct 25th 2022, 11:36:02
See Original Post

Tmac Game profile

Oct 25th 2022, 12:53:23

I think it looks like he isn't going after those month old little grabs. I'd imagine he's going to retal #38 too, but that's it. That's purely speculation on my part because I haven't talked with him at all.

Rocky79 Game profile

Oct 25th 2022, 13:30:24

I have a bad day as well.. My food couldn't sell and I can't pump up my defence.. ended up I took a retal.. there are so many ppl to retal easily but that guy chose to go for risky retal and keep pumping up jets till he is able to break me.. if it was a properly executed retal done, I would have taken it and forget abt it, but the way he is executing the retal makes me wonder if I shld ROR

I’m always a fan of a good RoR, this is the Wild West of servers after all!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 25th 2022, 18:14:39

You can RoR but be prepared for battle 99% of the time.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 25th 2022, 18:35:30

RoR = RawR
(•_•)

neversilence

Oct 26th 2022, 0:18:07

Originally posted by Requiem:
You can RoR but be prepared for battle 99% of the time.

B O O M

Oct 26th 2022, 1:06:30

Maybe I should have done that with mil when it was under 100....
Hello

Rocky79 Game profile

Oct 26th 2022, 2:39:09

Originally posted by LightBringer:

I think it works a little better for a demo :)

Oct 26th 2022, 3:07:36

Darn that 10% market commission!
Hello

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 26th 2022, 5:16:05

Darn that 10% market commission!

Go Dermo-Commie next round. :P
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Oct 26th 2022, 6:59:54

Democracies suck. Too many turns to attack for my liking. Demo is the one gov I don’t think I’ve ever picked except in express

Cathankins Game profile

Oct 26th 2022, 10:32:22

I tried this with tech with a theo casher hoping to gain advantage over the reps if I could push tech high. Didn’t make top ten, wouldn’t try that again.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 26th 2022, 17:37:52

Democracies suck. Too many turns to attack for my liking. Demo is the one gov I don’t think I’ve ever picked except in express

Market play when done properly is very lucrative.
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Oct 26th 2022, 20:05:02

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Market play when done properly is very lucrative.

Yes I can understand that, however to me that seems more relevant in a server with bots

I don’t know maybe I should try it, typically just stick with rep casher every round here if I play at all

Tmac Game profile

Oct 26th 2022, 20:15:28

The one govt I stay away from here is theo. Lots of great perks, but if I have to war I can't get high tech levels. I'll kick ass with my -10% strength rep better than theo, lol.

TidyTerry Game profile

Oct 27th 2022, 10:56:28

For once this round I was on the happy end of a DH.

TidyTerry Game profile

Oct 27th 2022, 11:13:56

I will try almost any gov, I don't think I ever tried tyranny, but tried everything else. Demo is one of my faves cause the 0 commission grows in value as you grow. Over the course of the round it can be a couple hundred millions saved. The three turns to attack I don't mind much since I tend not to farm countries often, and in the case of a demo farmer, the penalty is minor since you are producing food all the same.

Rocky79 Game profile

Oct 27th 2022, 21:28:53

A couple hundred million isn’t worth 50 extra turns attacking imo

With repub casher at this time of the round if I want two hundred million I can just cash 8 turns

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 27th 2022, 21:52:46

With repub casher at this time of the round if I want two hundred million I can just cash 8 turns

https://youtu.be/LN1Q8u64COc

😜
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Oct 27th 2022, 23:40:30

YUP

Cumorah Game profile

Oct 28th 2022, 3:22:46

Do it.

Rocky79 Game profile

Oct 28th 2022, 13:06:26

Play fast and loose

AndrewMose Game profile

Oct 31st 2022, 10:42:41

I've got an SO for 25M bushels of food out there if anyone wants to unload stock quickly.

TidyTerry Game profile

Nov 1st 2022, 23:35:44

Well you sure made me look foolish with my points. Well played good sir!

Rocky79 Game profile

Nov 2nd 2022, 12:48:34

Earthquakes are annoying

Lost 380 buildings for no reason, I didn’t even build my republic on a fault line

Tmac Game profile

Nov 2nd 2022, 16:10:30

I had a 800 building earthquake a few days ago right after I finished completely building up my land for the set 🤬

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 2nd 2022, 17:28:01

I too had to rebuild 849 buildings today...this is such a pointless part of the game.

Nov 2nd 2022, 23:04:22

It’s to keep you guys humble 😉
Hello

Rocky79 Game profile

Nov 4th 2022, 0:10:10

It’s not everyday you see a successful land grab on an 88mil networth country, wow

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 4th 2022, 0:19:36

His mistake was he hit a country that could retal.

If he had gone all turrets the added expenses would cost more than the grab helped him by far. Thats why you need to avoid grabbing like that.

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 4th 2022, 0:22:59

Thanks Gerdler. Well said.