anoniem Game profile

Feb 5th 2012, 18:28:05

yes, that's exactly what i meant :)
re(ally)tired

mike Game profile

Feb 5th 2012, 18:43:53

Originally posted by archaic:
aw fluff it

good luck EVO, you're going to need it if you keep letting the bittermint twins be your mouthpieces

even i, one who plays for like 5 minutes a day gladly for LaF know that Slagpit essentially quit evo a while ago. why is it that those who argue for the LaF side are "of their own opinion" but the second there is anti-LaF it must be from Evo? i don't think it's only slagpit who has to grow up. its 100% of the trollers on either side, it got old like 6 months ago and it's still not any fun to read.
Carpe Cerevisi

Chevs

Feb 5th 2012, 20:43:18

slagpit you care too much
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

yank Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 6:00:57

No real comment on this thread since I find it to be more a clearing house for individual bad feelings between certain individuals, rather than a discourse representing the majority opinions/observations of ANY alliance.

However, I would like to put the facts straight, in regards to slagpit. Slagpit officially left EVO last set and definitely had not been an EVO spokesperson, for quite some time, before that. His postings are strictly his own personal observations and certainly do not speak for EVO leadership or its members.

There is no denying that there are some major bad feelings between LAF and EVO, atm. A number of things all contributed to this and led to the recent heavier conflict, in the last couple of resets. But, the rehashing of each sides accusations and complaints just "throws gas on the fire", so to speak. The issues are between LAF and EVO and will be solved by dealing with each other directly, not thru AT. A FEW individuals, from each alliance, just can't understand that and so we perpetuate this inane "pissing contest". Their actions only allow the vicious cycle, of AT trolling, to continue on.

EVO has no OFFICIAL interest in keeping this thread running. We will pursue solutions thru meaningful interaction with LAF and its leadership, in private...minus the distractions.

Yank
EVO President

Jiman Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 6:25:29

Smartest post on this thread thus far Yank.

bRainwashED Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 8:39:24

bns

Sov Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 13:32:53

<3 Slagpit

CC Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 8:27:47

Evo is destroyed. You are right. We are demotivated, dejected from the countless meaningless wars and gangbangs. It sucks if you get killed in day 05. Oh well. Such is life. It is worst now. We have lost most of our top players...e.g. slagpit have left us for the greener pasture of pdm. Most of evo treehuggers don't even believe we will ever net again, let alone survive another sets of distarous half-ass warring.

What's left of this great netting clan? I don't know. Perhaps Laf can now net in peace with omega and Md...and win some ANW for a change.
Canterbury Crusader (CC)
Evolution

H Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 16:57:12

troll alert!

I'll take a nibble at your bait, just to say that evo has proven its self in wars, as long as theyre somewhat even.

You cant call someone a fluff just because they dont find enjoyment in mashing an attack button.

Oh, and although theyre rare, ive seen HUGE preteen asian girls that could prolly kick your ass :P lol

Chin up CC.

Bikerman Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 18:34:45

This is just a bonus post, thought I would put it in some pointless thread :)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 7th 2012, 19:54:53

Evo are like the little fluff talkers that can't fight

I assume you missed our war with SoF this set then?

I admit, we're not very good at coming back from a gangbang, but I defy you to do better.
Finally did the signature thing.

davidoss Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 20:30:42

I'm certain Evo will rebuild and be the powerhouse it was a few sets ago. But I do think this whole LaF and Evo thing has gone too far. I've always maintained that the majority of the Evo/LaF folks just want to netgain in peace, but there was a lot of anger and fire being thrown back and forth which eventually led to the past 2-3 rests of war. I think it really has to stop now. Needless to say, the leaderships from both alliances need to star working together to achieve a more positive long-term outcome. I guess that will involve a certain degree of trust and transparency between them too. It's good to see that things are at least slowly starting to mend. I have faith that Evo will slowly return to become a netgaining powerhouse, just like it was a few sets ago.

En4cer85

Feb 8th 2012, 21:30:45

i believe if Evo have shrunk at all that they will win avg nw anyways... Laf at twice their size doesnt stand a chance.

Sir Balin Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 21:36:42

just popping in to pose the question: who is better, Evo or LaF?

Chaoswind Game profile

Feb 8th 2012, 21:45:16

Troll bait
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

weasel Game profile

Feb 9th 2012, 3:43:16

I think EVOs Prez and VP have spoken well enough to end this thread and our involvement in it.

EVO Internal Affairs Department

hanlong Game profile

Feb 9th 2012, 4:02:08

Originally posted by Sir Balin:

Evo are extremely competent and disciplined netgainers... LaF has a few guys who strive for top ranks and a lot of guys who just hang on for social aspect from being in LaF for many years...

apples and oranges =)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

locket Game profile

Feb 9th 2012, 4:44:01

Originally posted by hanlong:
Originally posted by Sir Balin:

Evo are extremely competent and disciplined netgainers... LaF has a few guys who strive for top ranks and a lot of guys who just hang on for social aspect from being in LaF for many years...

apples and oranges =)

Laf is clearly better. We have me!

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 9th 2012, 4:45:56

Originally posted by davidoss:
But I do think this whole LaF and Evo thing has gone too far. I've always maintained that the majority of the Evo/LaF folks just want to netgain in peace, but there was a lot of anger and fire being thrown back and forth which eventually led to the past 2-3 rests of war. I think it really has to stop now. Needless to say, the leaderships from both alliances need to star working together to achieve a more positive long-term outcome.

To be fair, LaF FS'd Evo in all of the war sets while pacted. I'm not sure that the issue is for BOTH sides to work together so much as the one side that keeps blind-siding the other.

@en4cer: I can imagine LaF leadership telling their members (and AT) they were in the right. But the logs have been posted multiple times. In the first war, the terms were convoluted, but SS admitted on AT he wanted to use them to 'void' the pact and hit Evo all along. The issue of whether that was valid or not (and whether SS heard what he wanted to hear from the chat with diez) is not that important. The fact he wanted to purposefully void a clause so that he could blindside FS Evo is pretty personal. That LaF leadership would go along with it speaks poorly for them. Especially since the only reason ever given is that Evo made a theme mocking LaF for dropping players in the last seconds of the set (for 2 or 3 resets straight). And it's pretty hard to believe several people all logged in at the last second and dropped tag unbeknownst to LaF leadership.

The FS this set by LaF was pretty dubious as well. The logs are posted, and Hanlong (I believe it was him) was "joking" that he was angry and was going to use the pact terms to hit Evo, and the Evo FA specifically said, no that's not how these terms work. Hanlong didn't argue, but then a short time later in the set, LaF broke those terms just as he had threatened before and tried to use the logic which he had already been told does not void the pact.

Hanlong promised me a message about all of this earlier on AT, but I'm still kind of waiting. Not about the history of what happened so much as WHY it happened. I have a thread about it floating around somewhere with the exact questions. Hopefully one day Hanlong will get around to it.

Regardless of the politics and leadership, I do like a lot of LaF guys. They are intelligent and honestly seem more interested in netting than grudge matches. But the leadership tends to enjoy the dirty side of politics (see above). They keep their cool and spin their stories and win the public opinion battle.

I like a lot of the Evo guys too. They are intelligent and honestly seem more interested in netting than grudge matches, but they are not into politics at all: the leadership wants to pact out enough to keep the many all-x and the few grabbers happy. In some sense they are naive, and they can wind up getting burned but how often do you see those guys (qz,yank, previously diez before RL took him away from us) make long posts on AT? So then the only thing AT sees are the passionate guys who unfortunately are angry and insulting and Evo loses the public opinion battle.

Sorry for that giant book.

Edited By: Tertius on Feb 9th 2012, 4:49:24. Reason: typo
See Original Post

locket Game profile

Feb 9th 2012, 6:52:00

Originally posted by Tertius:
Originally posted by davidoss:
But I do think this whole LaF and Evo thing has gone too far. I've always maintained that the majority of the Evo/LaF folks just want to netgain in peace, but there was a lot of anger and fire being thrown back and forth which eventually led to the past 2-3 rests of war. I think it really has to stop now. Needless to say, the leaderships from both alliances need to star working together to achieve a more positive long-term outcome.

Your opinion is biased and this thread should die anyways. Since I think you are an outsider also you lack info from both sides :P let those in the know figure this set out and let this thread die as the Evo prez surely seems to want.

To be fair, LaF FS'd Evo in all of the war sets while pacted. I'm not sure that the issue is for BOTH sides to work together so much as the one side that keeps blind-siding the other.

@en4cer: I can imagine LaF leadership telling their members (and AT) they were in the right. But the logs have been posted multiple times. In the first war, the terms were convoluted, but SS admitted on AT he wanted to use them to 'void' the pact and hit Evo all along. The issue of whether that was valid or not (and whether SS heard what he wanted to hear from the chat with diez) is not that important. The fact he wanted to purposefully void a clause so that he could blindside FS Evo is pretty personal. That LaF leadership would go along with it speaks poorly for them. Especially since the only reason ever given is that Evo made a theme mocking LaF for dropping players in the last seconds of the set (for 2 or 3 resets straight). And it's pretty hard to believe several people all logged in at the last second and dropped tag unbeknownst to LaF leadership.

The FS this set by LaF was pretty dubious as well. The logs are posted, and Hanlong (I believe it was him) was "joking" that he was angry and was going to use the pact terms to hit Evo, and the Evo FA specifically said, no that's not how these terms work. Hanlong didn't argue, but then a short time later in the set, LaF broke those terms just as he had threatened before and tried to use the logic which he had already been told does not void the pact.

Hanlong promised me a message about all of this earlier on AT, but I'm still kind of waiting. Not about the history of what happened so much as WHY it happened. I have a thread about it floating around somewhere with the exact questions. Hopefully one day Hanlong will get around to it.

Regardless of the politics and leadership, I do like a lot of LaF guys. They are intelligent and honestly seem more interested in netting than grudge matches. But the leadership tends to enjoy the dirty side of politics (see above). They keep their cool and spin their stories and win the public opinion battle.

I like a lot of the Evo guys too. They are intelligent and honestly seem more interested in netting than grudge matches, but they are not into politics at all: the leadership wants to pact out enough to keep the many all-x and the few grabbers happy. In some sense they are naive, and they can wind up getting burned but how often do you see those guys (qz,yank, previously diez before RL took him away from us) make long posts on AT? So then the only thing AT sees are the passionate guys who unfortunately are angry and insulting and Evo loses the public opinion battle.

Sorry for that giant book.

Jofel Game profile

Feb 9th 2012, 11:44:17

Make me mod and these kind of threads wouldn't exist anymore... sheesh guys, be friendly for once. And respectful.

Time to return to the boards of my alliance where we have strict moderating rules and where mods enforce these. And where the members are friendly and respectful towards each other. Even if they disagree.

PS Rather demotivating to read this kind of bullfluff every day on these forums.
Join The Monsters in their struggle for peace, love and understanding:
http://www.boxcarhosting.net

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 9th 2012, 12:23:45

you mean the boards that have 1 or 2 posts a day haha
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Osso Game profile

Feb 9th 2012, 12:34:11

I wish I were destroyed right now (in the drunken sense :P )... Just worked my 7th 12 hour shift in a row with another 3 weeks of them ahead of me. I could really do with a 26 of whiskey right now, haha. It'll sure be a nice invoice at the end though. Then, I surely will get destroyed! =)

In the earth sense though, we aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Endure and grow strong! =D
Evo FA

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 9th 2012, 15:49:58

=D

Have fun on the rigs osso ;)
Finally did the signature thing.

locket Game profile

Feb 9th 2012, 16:08:57

Originally posted by Jofel:
Make me mod and these kind of threads wouldn't exist anymore... sheesh guys, be friendly for once. And respectful.

Time to return to the boards of my alliance where we have strict moderating rules and where mods enforce these. And where the members are friendly and respectful towards each other. Even if they disagree.

PS Rather demotivating to read this kind of bullfluff every day on these forums.

Your alliance has strict moderating rules?! Shocked. Mine has none :P

I can't believe I fail posted on my last post and stuck my reply in his text -_-