Mar 11th 2012, 15:05:13

seriously hungover aswell lol

anoniem Game profile

Mar 11th 2012, 15:32:03

i thought you retired murf?
re(ally)tired

Eric171 Game profile

Mar 11th 2012, 15:34:16

heh, never thought you were keeping track of who actually was dying, bolty. sorry. :P

Murf Game profile

Mar 11th 2012, 15:51:29

retired as a head lol

TNTroXxor Game profile

Mar 11th 2012, 16:03:10

Murf stopped giving Head cause tongue ulser's a b1tch
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Boltar Game profile

Mar 11th 2012, 16:33:09

Mag not keeping track curious on size of countries is all

Boltar Game profile

Mar 11th 2012, 16:34:07

Mag = nah. Dumb auto correct

Eric171 Game profile

Mar 11th 2012, 20:58:01

you can edit your posts, you know? :D

Chevs

Mar 12th 2012, 3:25:15

did you seriously try to kill me on a sunday?

thats against the code, u made me late for my deet
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

CeyLonTEa Game profile

Mar 12th 2012, 4:19:05

bang the maid!!!

Boltar Game profile

Mar 12th 2012, 5:07:07

hard to edit from my phone eric ;)

Drow Game profile

Mar 12th 2012, 12:48:11

wait we failed to kill murf? sounds about right :p

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Chevs

Mar 13th 2012, 3:06:59

how did PDM go from 56 HPC to 70 HPC in 4 days? Impressive
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

Cougar Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 4:35:27

Same way they went from +80M NW to -96M NW.

Who knows?

cypress Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 4:58:19

trollfest!

Thore Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 7:06:16

Yawn.
Sof.earthgraphs.com

Sir Balin Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 11:50:05

sorry thore. our members wanted to net, they weren't thrilled with having to drop another netting set to stand up in principle against sof's blind aggression, so activity has been lacking. we'll get ours in the end though.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 13th 2012, 12:35:48

We need to stonewall better, for shizzle.

Ivan Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 12:44:48

Guess we arent doing so bad for an alliance on the decline then balin ;)

Eric171 Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 13:03:43

It is not sof`s blind aggression. It is plain old open eye aggression!

Ivan Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 13:19:57

Yeah unfortunately we saw them disabling our missiles but its funny how they act like we were the aggressors

Sir Balin Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 13:20:39

Can't tell if stupid or trolling.

Chevs

Mar 13th 2012, 13:42:07

Originally posted by Sir Balin:
sorry thore. our members wanted to net, they weren't thrilled with having to drop another netting set to stand up in principle against sof's blind aggression, so activity has been lacking. we'll get ours in the end though.

Actually if you look back for like 8 sets (i could be wrong), PDM either FS's someone because PDM "plays its own way and never backs down"

or they net.

I don't think you guys have eaten a FS in god knows how long. You bring this crap on yourselves by acting like punks sometimes.

The fact is we werent going to hit you this set, all we did was do some landgrabs according to YOUR retal policy. then you pouted, called us bullies and FS'd us.
SOF Head Of Poop

Detmer Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 14:35:19

Originally posted by Chevs:
Actually if you look back for like 8 sets (i could be wrong), PDM either FS's someone because PDM "plays its own way and never backs down"

or they net.

Why make up a number if you are going to admit you didn't verify it? You are wrong. We don't FS someone because we don't back down. We FS someone because things have come to war and we don't want to eat an FS. You don't understand the cause and effect. Or you do and are bad at spin.

I don't think you guys have eaten a FS in god knows how long. You bring this crap on yourselves by acting like punks sometimes.

How do we act like punks? How do we bring constant bullying down upon ourselves? We don't. All we have done is accommodate you for rounds so you keep pushing us. fluff that.

The fact is we werent going to hit you this set, all we did was do some landgrabs according to YOUR retal policy. then you pouted, called us bullies and FS'd us.

The fact is you push us every round and the only way to verify you aren't going to hit us is let us sit and be held hostage, waiting for the shoe to drop. You weren't going to hit us this round, until you were. We did not war you because of your terrible countries grabbing our big countries. Your own president acknowledged this was a war over chronic issues. You guys need to get your story straight.

Fact of the matter is you are bullies, everyone in Earth knows that, and you're just unhappy we called you out on it. We are not scared of you and no one in Earth should have any reason to be.

Sir Balin Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 14:35:41

Who were you going to war this set?

Helmet Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 14:49:34

I personally don't plan specific wars. I like to be prepared and take what comes. Ideally I'd like every fight to be to help an ally or defend our land, pride, etc.

So to answer your question. We didn't know.

Chevs

Mar 13th 2012, 15:00:58

Detmer why would we hit you knowing that RD would come to your defense?

its not like we singled out PDM.

we made grabs on all landtrading countries, neofed, RD etc.

you guys pouted afterwards and said we were bullies. but what exactly did we do? we made grabs on your landtraders, so what?

PDM doesn't recognize top feeds I thought? can you be more specific as to what exactly we did that caused you to FS us? more than random generalities like "you were going to hit us" and "you have been mean to us for x # of sets" ?
SOF Head Of Poop

Chevs

Mar 13th 2012, 15:03:10

i just like to add that i like you guys but you cant just play to your "PDM" style only when it suits you and then act like martyrs when it doesn't.
SOF Head Of Poop

Sov Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 15:24:55

Originally posted by Chevs:
Detmer why would we hit you knowing that RD would come to your defense?

You make it sound like that was the reason we didn't go for PDM ;)

To be honest we had no solid war plans for the set. We were really ready for allies in case we were needed, but we were not needed.

Sir Balin Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 15:45:29

see detmer's post

Edited By: Sir Balin on Mar 13th 2012, 18:20:04. Reason: apparently pointless
See Original Post

Chevs

Mar 13th 2012, 16:01:52

like we've all said (sof leaders), we had no plans to FS you or start a war, but we did want to take a stance against landtrading by doing those grabs. why wouldn't we war prep incase we had to back them up?

i can't speak to what ivan was ranting about i dind't read it or see it. but really was it anything out of the norm :P?

I am really sorry that you guys felt that we have been douches to you over the past X sets, unfortunately we do have rogue members who get bored after wars and see big fat countries that are unpacted. we realize that these members do sometimes make us look like douches, but outside of those 3 grabs this set on your fat landtraders nothing has been authed in previous sets. Normally i am the first one to offer my country up as reps to be farmed or whatever when that happens.

with regards to this set
outside of refusing to agree on a pact with pang, i dont see us being too big of fluffs. i agree those grabs albeit within the rules, especially since PDM doesn't recognize topfeeds were somewhat douchey. But at the same time, a lot of poeple on the server feel that land trading is douchey as well. you say that we were being fluffs by doing those grabs, and from your point of view thats valid. but from our point of view, why cant you doing those land trades equate to you being fluffs?
SOF Head Of Poop

Sov Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 16:08:49

There is a deep disagreement regarding land-trading, I won't lie. SoF believes organized land-trading (specifically land exchanges between 2 countries back and forth within a short time frame) is not good for the game and we are against it. I do not feel as strongly about land-trading than others do, but I do not like it either.

Had it not been for that we would have come to an agreement on a pact and we wouldn't be having these issues now. Maybe we could have fine tuned that certain pact clause more, but as far as PDM was concerned the clause itself was totally non-negotiable. We could have for example reduced the time on it from 72 hours to 48 hours. But PDM feels very strongly about land-trading in it's own way and I accept that, it is just we do not agree with it.

There have been a lot of changes this set in SoF so we were really taking things as it comes and we are not really finished yet. While most of the leadership team is established I am new and I have changed a lot myself, and Helmet is now active and we are changing even more. Most of our changes are internal and apart from our much improved war performance most of the results cannot be seen as yet.

We do have diverse leadership team, there is no doubt in that. We are starting to become a lot more cohesive now and things are falling into place. If you are having disagreements with one SoF leader then my door is open and so is Helmet's. This set I was still finding my way with SoF's FA standing.

Where we go from here is not yet defined, but as in any case when negotiations are heated both sides need to compromise if you want to make ground.

Flamey Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 16:21:03

Originally posted by Sov:
We could have for example reduced the time on it from 72 hours to 48 hours. But PDM feels very strongly about land-trading in it's own way and I accept that, it is just we do not agree with it.

I even offered to reduce it to 24 hours, but it didn't even justify a response apparently.

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 16:27:55

It's sad and simultaneously hilarious that Earth Empire's "baddest war alliance" (SoF) is trying so hard to be just like their daddies, Earth Empires's "wiliest netting alliance" (LaF). Has your near-defeat with Evolution taught you guys nothing?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Helmet Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 16:33:34

Sir Balin: A couple of things in your post were just not true.

1) We didn't have to have a war. We just wanted one. We could have easily finished this set without a war. It wouldn't be the first time we dressed up and then decided not to go to the party.

2) I did try to get a pact signed without the clause.

Sov Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 16:37:52

Originally posted by NukEvil:
It's sad and simultaneously hilarious that Earth Empire's "baddest war alliance" (SoF) is trying so hard to be just like their daddies, Earth Empires's "wiliest netting alliance" (LaF). Has your near-defeat with Evolution taught you guys nothing?

I guarantee you the SoF of this set is not even remotely similar internally to the SoF of last set.

As far as LAF goes, I do not pay much attention to what LAF does. I worry about what SoF does. The elements I bring to SoF are no different to the elements I have brought to the 2 previous Alliances I played for MX and IX.

And here I have been being open-minded with Evo pursuing positive relations. Maybe I should think harder about this considering the derogatory light you picture my Alliance in.

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 16:44:08

Originally posted by Sov:
And here I have been being open-minded with Evo pursuing positive relations. Maybe I should think harder about this considering the derogatory light you picture my Alliance in.

See? Just like hanshlong's been saying over and over! I swear, you two may as well be the same person!

Oh, and please think harder when it comes to relations with Evo. I'd like to see just what SoF can do when they aren't backed by the mountains of FA they got from LaF last reset (and were still losing when everyone cf'ed for the holidays lol). Probably still getting FAed by LaF this reset, but I won't make a definitive assertion on that, being I haven't played a country on this server, nor logged into any alliance sites since end of last set.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Sov Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 16:51:03

You sound mad. SoF made you that mad hey? Keep telling me how mad you are and I promise to pretend to care.

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 17:02:43

I'm not mad.

I was just pointing out an observation, adding my opinion to it, then adding more facts (with a slight biased spin for troll effect) as this conversation warrants.

Speaking of facts, here's one for you:

http://www.earthgraphs.com/...eb=SoF&warreport=Show

I have even more facts that point to the assertion that SoF has very little chance of defeating Evo in an even war, but that's all historical data, and no one wants that these days for some reason.

But in all seriousness, SoF is not a "new" or "reformed" alliance just because you joined it. To mostly everyone else, it's still the same SoF, still desperately clinging to the last vestiges of rapidly-fading glory, of what was once a great alliance turned into a group of has-beens long ago.

davidoss Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 17:06:06

Hahahahaha what a comeback. +1 Sov

Helmet Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 17:23:50

NukEvil: You guys defeated SoF at one of it's lowest moments. I find it laughable that you think you can repeat those results at will and I hope you are stupid enough to try it. I'll thoroughly enjoy making you eat those words.

Ivan Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 17:25:55

Balin

SOF sent PDM several different pact offers through out the set and historically SoF and PDM has warred what? twice since earth started? and the one before this was a friendly war, not to mention that if SoF ususally wants someone dead we dont tip them off by doing LGs in advance we would have straight out blind sided you if we thought that SoF/PDM relations were that bad and wasnt fixable

So i dont see how SoF has poked PDM historically or bullied you, in fact I dont recall bullying any alliance ive seen detmer toss plenty of crap around about SoF on these boards without actually being able to back it up so cant say that im suprised that his members are doing it as well.

Ivan
Survival of the Fittest

Boltar Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 17:31:01

As I read this from my command center at work (guys bathroom) I cant help but reply. Stop talking fluff. Kill each other more. Especially sof u guys need to kill #92 so I can undeclare already.

Eric171 Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 17:48:14

Originally posted by Boltar:
As I read this from my command center at work (guys bathroom) I cant help but reply. Stop talking fluff. Kill each other more. Especially sof u guys need to kill #92 so I can undeclare already.

pfft Bolty, this ain`t SOL. Part of the SOF culture is freedom to troll people around in the game forums.

And it is not like we aren`t already killing each other ingame. :D

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 17:57:11

Originally posted by Helmet:
NukEvil: You guys defeated SoF at one of it's lowest moments. I find it laughable that you think you can repeat those results at will and I hope you are stupid enough to try it. I'll thoroughly enjoy making you eat those words.

Lowest moments?

You (when I say 'You', I mostly mean SoF) helped LaF defeat SOL and whoever else you were called against the reset before. You FSed Evo OOP the reset afterwards. We didn't make you do that; you did it yourselves. I won't even go into all the times that SoF picked on netting alliances and got slapped for it.

On second thought, yes I will. On most of them, anyways.

Dec 2011-Feb 2012 SoF FSed EVO OOP, ostensibly for the lopsided ECM war almost a year before (wow, talk about holding a grudge, lol). With a declining TNW, SoF has to resort to getting FA from LaF before both parties cf for the holidays.

ECM war--Yeah, yeah, we know what happened there.

NaturalS <--- That always gives me a chuckle whenever I think about it.

End of Earth:2025 reset: That crunching noise was the sound of 5 netting alliances crushing 5 war alliances into dust (SoF being among the losers), with the war alliances ending up around 1% TNW of the netter alliances.

2 sets before End of Earth:2025 reset: It took Evo 2 days for SoF to cry uncle, and this was after Evo had been defeated by LaF and bested TIE in the same reset.

Before that, it was a straight year of EVO winning ANW crowns, and before that, it was mainly training and wars with smaller tags.

Given all that, I can say with some measure of confidence that SoF will find it hard to defeat EVO in a good war. But don't let historical data and statistical inferences get in the way!