Verified:

Sir Balin Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 15:45:29

Originally posted by Chevs:
i just like to add that i like you guys but you cant just play to your "PDM" style only when it suits you and then act like martyrs when it doesn't.

I agree with this.

I think it's fair to say that historically, SoF has enjoyed throwing its muscle around, and the tone of SoF/PDM relations has been either fairweather neutrality or outright aggressiveness / fluffishness. In light of this history, you didn't get called in to any wars this set and the likelihood of you finishing the set "netting" with your fully warprepped country was very low.

Looking at the potential targets SoF had open, and given SoF's history of poking at PDM out of boredom or whatever your reasons are, PDM had to play defensively even though we had no reason to war you and wanted to net. We were on turnsaving for weeks on end and you still hadn't found yourselves a war.

We tried to get you to sign a pact, but you insisted on one that basically said, if you keep grabbing like you're grabbing, the pact is void. Obviously not something we could sign. Pact discussions went nowhere despite our efforts to keep the peace.

Then you grabbed three of our fattest guys on the same day. I have no problem with the grabs themselves, but it seemed pretty clear you were trying to start something. At that point we had to change course to warprep because you had tech/spies/missiles and we had nothing.

Ivan's mouth ran pretty consistently on AT and in IRC, making thinly-veiled threats about what would happen to landtraders, etc. It became apparent you wanted us to pull the first punch, and given our history, I'm sure you would have found more ways to provoke that. I know speculation, however accurate, will be discounted, but I'm sure those three grabs wouldn't have been the last since you didn't find a war to appease your members. Since your countries were so landthin and highly defended, we would obviously lose big on every exchange. In that past you've grabbed us late set just to be douches, and there was every reason to think that would be the case this set.

Looking back now, we gave you exactly what you wanted. We banked on more war activity to give you a run for your money, which sadly has not materialized.

Of course I don't owe anyone an explanation for why we defused your missiles before you declared war on us, but I do agree with what Chevs said about coming across as martyrs... I think that's fair and I like to lay everything out on the table.

Anyway, nothing resolved here. PDM failed to beat you, so you'll continue to feel like you can be fluffs to us.

Edited By: Sir Balin on Mar 13th 2012, 18:20:04. Reason: apparently pointless
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit