Verified:

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 12th 2010, 15:14:47

It's almost like everyone is doing their best to avoid it!

Case in point, Let's look at a few of our "larger" alliances,

We'll go in the order of most members for this top group. Since usually, histoircally, the top allinaces are among the top 5 in total membership.

SOL-61 members
SOF-57 members
NA-59
LCN-49
LAF-45

Well, usually one reset a #1 does not make. But this is Maksino's SOL, and SOL is just a different beast when Maksino is putting full energy into this stories allinace.

SOL demolished LAF the assumed #1 going into last reset, and has jumped to the largest numbers of members in the game. Its hard to give an allinace a #1 ranking, based on one good reset, epecially after several "not memorable" ones, but SOL may be doing that exact thing.

SOF- Coming after a multi set war with ICN, who is at 19 members, this reset. So while not looking strong the last few resets, SOF has regrown its members base. Kudos to SOF. Coming out of a situation stronger speaks of a brighter future. Again, SOF has done nothing to earn a #1 status. But, 57 members, its history and heritage, and lots of energy, and superior netting skills compared to SOL...The case can;t be made as of now, but you can see it happening by end of reset if they go and grab it.

NA- 54 members. NA should be better than what they currently are. They should be netting better, and nothing about war stands out at the moment. Still a strong 59 member alliance counts for a lot in today's game. NA with strong netting performances tp to bottom, strong fighting performances, and continued imporvement in the diplomatic area's can make a case for #1 not far down the road. NA has better leadership than many realize, and I do think they can make this jump to the top alliance.

LCN-49 members Here's the deal, Top to bottom, LCN should be stronger than the above alliances. But right now they aren't showing it. Last reset was not a reset of LCN standards. At around 50 members good leadership and good politics, LCN could make the case. But they just aren't coming through right now. 5-10 more members and return to top to bottom excellence and LCN could easily be the top alliance in the game. There's just no urgency. And I freely admit my LCN bias, but even with that no way would I put them #1 right now.

LAF-45 When you net you win TNW. You compete for Ave, which you used to own, and last reset was not a good thing for LAF. LAF in my books was #1 till last resets pasting. I was shocked, I really expected a better performance, and a better fight. LAF lost the case to be called #1.

There are 3 other alliances I want to mention, that have qualities of #1, but aren't big enough.

Omega-31 memebers, best top to bottom alliance in the game in netting and war and politics right now. 45 members you'd be ranked #1.

Evolution- 36 members- won ave net impressively last erset, I admit I don't know how well you fight Nor do I know enough abourt your politics. But your netting skills and 36 members put you into the convo...50 or so members and you'd be making a case for #1.

Collab- I respect Axa. that is why Collab is here. I dno't see them on the same level as Omega/EVo....but if they were at 50 members I'd put them on the same level or better than the larger alliances.

As far as the rest of us? We got work to do. We're at 30 or under, members, which means a FS from any of the above allaiances and we're in very bad shape. I want to see who will make a move.

There's no real clear case for a #1 right now. I expect that to change by end of set. Hint, it'll be a fighting alliance, b/c the netting alliances seem to be stuck on passive. Maybe someone will prove me wrong.

So tell me who's #1, back it up with evidence, no flaming,
I've been an equal opportunist reality checker in this post. All I can say is I've never seen a group of alliances not want to be #1 so bad. It's there for the taking.

Edited By: Servant on Oct 12th 2010, 15:27:07
See Original Post
Z is #1

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 12th 2010, 15:24:35

the game mods:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

sampaul Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 15:38:05

fluff is #1

BobbyATA Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 15:48:48

clearly imag imo...

Sifos Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 17:03:33

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
clearly imag imo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. After all, we always have been.
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 17:24:39

Originally posted by Servant:
Evolution- 36 members- won ave net impressively last erset, I admit I don't know how well you fight Nor do I know enough abourt your politics. But your netting skills and 36 members put you into the convo...50 or so members and you'd be making a case for #1.

Fight? Politics? What nonsense is this?

We're Earth:Empire's retirement home for those in their twilight years. The only politics you'll ever see out of us will be mostly around pacting. If someone needs to take a break from the hacking and slashing of everyday life in a war alliance, that person can apply to our alliance. Tree stand and rope come standard with a new account.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 12th 2010, 18:38:42

I freely admitted I didn't know much:)

So its Monsters Jr:)
impressive netting last reset. very.
Z is #1

Trife Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 18:46:19

LCN is ranked too high.

Trife
LCN HFA

Shinigami Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 18:52:03

Confirmed, Omega works hard to avoid the drudgery of being number one.

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 23:40:47

monsters and rage merge into #1!

cypress Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 1:52:58

xKITCHENSINKx will make a comeback!

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 13th 2010, 2:25:44

I do think its safe to sa these are the top 8 alliances,

sanct rage PDM and maybe 1-2 others could argue who'd round out the top 10.

I was hoping for more intellectual converstaion than this:)
Z is #1

Junky Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 2:57:45

Sol... because we're the gift that keeps on Giving.. and Just like Fruitcake, people love to hate us.

I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

archaic Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 4:23:59

i'm not sure what you expected, you stated the obvious and seem surprised to not get much arguement.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Mr AntiqueWhite

Oct 13th 2010, 8:57:07

Omega are perpetually ranked outside the top tier of alliances, why would this ever change?

LCN get stomped every 3rd or 4th reset.

You need to be able to beat every alliance 1v1 to be the top dog and there is only probably 2 alliances that could legitimately come into that equation.

ZIP Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 11:33:56

We almost doubled our size

honorable mention?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 12:05:21

i can only see 1 alliance that can beat every other alliance 1 v 1 and that is SoL so i guess they are #1 right now.

before they beat laf it was sol and laf..

aponic Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 14:00:49

servant always makes good alliance rankings
SOF
Cerevisi

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 13th 2010, 15:24:50

This was more of an analysis than a rankings persay.

Usually things are a little more clear cut,
I was hoping an argument would break out on who should be #1, or who would get there.

Z is #1

ponderer Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 16:34:16

Originally posted by Dragonlance:
i can only see 1 alliance that can beat every other alliance 1 v 1 and that is SoL so i guess they are #1 right now.

before they beat laf it was sol and laf..

I don't understand why everyone is knocking LaF, or underating rating them to the extent I'm seeing here. If LaF had gotten in the FS, they win that war, probably more convincingly than SOL did. If LaF had full turns saved when they got FS'd the war would've been a lot closer. If the war had started a couple of weeks later and LaF had turns saved, they might have won despite absorbing a FS.

LaF got caught with their pants down last reset, but in my opinion, that makes them stronger - it makes it less likely to happen again.

This is not a knock on SOL - they fought brilliantly, and took down an alliance with better players that was half again their size. I don't know if any alliance could've done a better job fighting that war.
m0m0rific

Murf Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 17:16:02

question is will we see anything to prove who is #1, sol vs laf was a pretty significant war last set, which let Sol stake it's claim at being the potential #1

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 13th 2010, 19:57:13

None of the fighting alliances can be considered to be #1 until such a time that they fight other fighting alliances of similar or equal size. SoL vs SoF would be a good start. Collab vs Imag as well.

None of the netting alliances can be considered #1 until they get either more members, better war departments, or both.

The idea that fighters won't fight other fighters (when they present any level of challenge) is one of the core reasons the politics on this server absolutely suck.

Fighting alliances should take that "we're not signing pacts" attitude and apply it to people who can challenge them fighting (and whose focus and goal is to fight), not just to alliances who are looking to avoid war and net.

Edited By: Pang on Oct 13th 2010, 20:06:52
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

de1i Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 20:19:16

#1 EEVIL

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 13th 2010, 22:17:15

Originally posted by Pang:
None of the fighting alliances can be considered to be #1 until such a time that they fight other fighting alliances of similar or equal size. SoL vs SoF would be a good start. Collab vs Imag as well.

None of the netting alliances can be considered #1 until they get either more members, better war departments, or both.

The idea that fighters won't fight other fighters (when they present any level of challenge) is one of the core reasons the politics on this server absolutely suck.

Fighting alliances should take that "we're not signing pacts" attitude and apply it to people who can challenge them fighting (and whose focus and goal is to fight), not just to alliances who are looking to avoid war and net.

Collab vs. iMag happened last set, and in the end the alliances were fairly similar in terms of final net etc. (if I recall correctly)

Difference was of course that Collab was also fighting PDM, SoF and EEVIL ;)

edit: otherwise agree completely

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 22:20:13

Evolution was fighting Omega for the top spot in ANW and TNW...both alliances had same number of members (except when Omega dropped one at the end), and pretty close networth stats.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 13th 2010, 22:52:44

Originally posted by smikke:

Collab vs. iMag happened last set, and in the end the alliances were fairly similar in terms of final net etc. (if I recall correctly)

Difference was of course that Collab was also fighting PDM, SoF and EEVIL ;)

edit: otherwise agree completely

Well, that wasn't a 1v1 with two war-prepped opponents fighting eachother like we used to see years ago. That was one big alliance smacking several other alliances at war, then CF'ing one, then seeing that CF be dissolved. Now that imag and collab are similar sizes, that would be a good fight to see. Same with SoL and SoF -- similar sizes, similar playstyles.

Same reasoning last set was a good 1v1 netting contest between Evo and Omega. While I like both Omega and Evo, it's obvious that based on last set and many previous sets both Evo and Omega netted that Evo is the netting champ out of those two. The same thing could be said about the wars I mentioned above, if they were to happen.

If a big fighting alliance is able to beat another big fighting alliance 1v1 in a set where both are posturing to fight eachother, that would be a considerable achievement, and pretty much the only way a major fighting alliance could be considered #1. SoL vs SoF for heavyweight, Collab vs iMag for middleweight.

(Note: This post isn't meant to knock Omega -- they're great netters and possibly a better overall alliance, based on war performance and ability to avoid defensive conflict -- but the stats clearly point to Evo winning the netting comparison between the two alliances.)

Edited By: Pang on Oct 13th 2010, 22:56:08
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Ivan Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 22:53:32

eh smikke collab had 58 last set and imag 28 theres a bit of a difference there

Makinso Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 1:38:23

I don't care.

Game mods nr #1
or SOL nr #1

In both ways I win! HAH!

Makinso Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 1:39:08

Oh and servant 61 members?? how about 64 and not done tagging yet :-P

Helmet Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 1:44:12

I'm surprised to see so many familiar names and delighted to see SOF on a top 5 list. :)

Makinso Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 1:54:33

Oh and yeah Servant thanks for the compliment doing all I can but I'm happy I'm not alone there's alot of other people within SOL who have done their share.

And I'm very happy they've done so. No matter how anybody claims you never run an alliance alone. It's just up to the key figures of an alliance to put the right people in the right place.

kemo Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 2:06:19

holy fluff could that be the old helmet ive heard about?
all praised to ra

Makinso Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 2:10:19

likely.

I heard rumors of his being about.

cypress Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 2:37:23

He's been posting on the SoF boards ;-)

aponic Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 2:39:04

Don't believe the rumors until he "begins throwing insults around" as ponderer would say.
SOF
Cerevisi

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 14th 2010, 2:49:10

Now there's an old old friend:)

Z is #1

ponderer Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 2:55:34

I just commented that he was being awfully polite on GT ... you took it to an entire other level ;p
m0m0rific

Alicia Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 3:01:27

Wooooaahhhhh!

Thunder Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 8:26:00

100% +1
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Helmet Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 10:47:05

You can all go )#*$#) yourselves! ;)

I was polite sometimes. I think some people went in to conversations with me ready to battle and they got what they came looking for. I don't think I was unreasonable.

Chump Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 11:59:14

Mut!!! :)

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 14th 2010, 13:39:03

I miss the old old old posts,

Where the old old leaders, RT, Obsidian, Inferno, Fin etc...
would get on here...and start arguing,
and dropping every word in the book.

real words to war over:)

Those were fun reads.
Z is #1

Shinigami Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 15:39:59

Wow, there's a name I never expected to see here again.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 14th 2010, 16:37:23

omg it's helmutt
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

oats Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 17:33:05

People on here now are lax compared to the intenseness that used to exist. The only ones that take it seriously enough to get in a spat are whiney babies and smelly fat gamers.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 14th 2010, 20:18:30

Wow @ the old names:)
Z is #1

Lord Slayer Game profile

Oct 14th 2010, 20:41:23

I figured I'd add another.

Too many new names here, not enough old ones:(

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 14th 2010, 20:48:46