Verified:

En4cer Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 2:20:31

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
LOL GOT EEM.

I dunno. He was like 5m break. We had to lose like 20m on it right? It feels like that many die in a kill run...

There ain't 20m troops on your side of the conflict anymore :P - nor was there the ability to buy them.

#stilltrolling:P

Suicidal Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 2:21:02

Had I known the details, I would be a $100m NW country.

Had me and weezy done it to gain advantage, we would both be over $100m nw and there would be no more military on the market

En4cer Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 2:21:14

For what its worth i'm all for reinstating the deleted guys and rolling back the game if it can be done.

En4cer Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 2:22:27

Originally posted by Snoopdawg:
if noone else exploited the glitch how did oil sell out bots don't buy oil

not sure brother - but i was asleep and woke up to all this.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2023, 2:25:01

Man I've only ever seen them try to roll the game back 1 time and it seriously effed everything up. I doubt they do that lol. Wouldn't be the first time everyone was for it and it doesn't get done anyways. Something about the tables galleri mentioned but I think when they roll it back all goods on market disappear and many other things. You can rebuild the countries but it's near impossible to rebuild the market.

SuperFly Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 2:25:43

Food also got bought out. Wonder who profited from that one as well….

s Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 2:25:57

As the owner of #34, I'd like to clarify some things.

As the attackers, I do not deny that you spent resources in the form of turns, cash, troops, oil, and food to kill me a second time.

However, as the defender, I was not able to log into my country as the initial reinstatement was only partial (probably because the country and account were not re-linked). All I saw on the portal page was the option to "create a country" and no option to "play your country", even though in game, I was alive and well.

The admins were made aware of this before your second KR attempt and were trying to address it. In this period is when your second run began, the issue was still being worked on. And during this period, I had no way of accessing my country, and all I could do was listen to my highlights and watch the news in the IRC feeds.

By the time the access issue was resolved, I was able to log into a country that was already dead again.

So, take from this what you must.

(bonus)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2023, 2:26:08

Out of curiosity, did s have any market goods disappear?

Suicidal Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 2:26:20

Man I've only ever seen them try to roll the game back 1 time and it seriously effed everything up. I doubt they do that lol. Wouldn't be the first time everyone was for it and it doesn't get done anyways. Something about the tables galleri mentioned but I think when they roll it back all goods on market disappear and many other things. You can rebuild the countries but it's near impossible to rebuild the market.

LaF would want to roll it back to screw up Tmac as he is about to set a new record

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2023, 2:36:08

Now I've got myself fully curious how they reinstated your market goods, and where all the oil and food on the market has gone lol. Guesstimation on s country or did they reduce?

Edited By: DerrickICN on Mar 16th 2023, 2:38:54
See Original Post

Snoopdawg Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 2:40:17

some should be purpled for exploiting the market

mdevol Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 2:41:47

yeah, if we are purpling countries for exploiting hitting glitch (which i agree with), we need to purple them for exploiting the market too. it was clearly done. I dont care who did it, which side they were on, or if it was neutral netting tags, but they need to be purpled.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2023, 2:42:45

Yeah. Over 2 billion bushels sold in a 30 minute window. Whoever has them needs the axe. What's the nw change on a bushel again? Suppose we could find who did it manually checking eestats scores list and report them.

Snoopdawg Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 2:44:13

when you can buy out the market for free someone told me it was "manna from heaven" and then he told me bots woke up and bought it which is BS bots do not buy oil but fluff gets covered when BIAS is involved

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 16th 2023, 2:45:40

We will purple the bots tomorrow.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

allbymyself87 Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 2:45:56

Originally posted by s:

As the attackers, I do not deny that you spent resources in the form of turns, cash, troops, oil, and food to kill me a second time.

However, as the defender, I was not able to log into my country as the initial reinstatement was only partial (probably because the country and account were not re-linked). All I saw on the portal page was the option to "create a country" and no option to "play your country", even though in game, I was alive and well.

The admins were made aware of this before your second KR attempt and were trying to address it. In this period is when your second run began, the issue was still being worked on. And during this period, I had no way of accessing my country, and all I could do was listen to my highlights and watch the news in the IRC feeds.

By the time the access issue was resolved, I was able to log into a country that was already dead again.

(bonus)

So, the admins are aware of the issue and yet make no attempts to alert/inform/stop us from spending turns/resources on killing #34.

And after we have spent turns/resources, the admins quietly reinstate #34 and do not bother at all to restore nor compensate on the turns/resources that the players spent on killing #34.

It's like #34 is the VVIP of the game and his country is the priority for admins to save/reinstate.
And we, the players that spent legit turns/resources on killing #34 means nothing at all to the admins.

If this is really the case, then please, might as well change Alliance server to force everyone to tag up as LaF.
Since, we, the non LaF means nothing to the admins.

Please purple us all OR force us all to tag up as LaF if LaF means the most to the admins and others means nothing to the admins.

Edited By: allbymyself87 on Mar 16th 2023, 2:50:27. Reason: typo

Snoopdawg Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 2:48:13

Originally posted by galleri:

just make sure you include the ones buying oil

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2023, 2:51:15

The bots bought a hundred trillion dollars in bushels and a 120m units of oil which they dont buy? Lol. They better have some nice oil destocks incoming.

mdevol Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 2:51:31

so the stance of the mods is that nobody exploited the market and it was only the bots that bought out the market of goods that the bots dont buy during the glitch period?

Edited By: mdevol on Mar 16th 2023, 2:53:31. Reason: clarification
See Original Post
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2023, 2:52:50

Originally posted by mdevol:

so the stance of the mods is that nobody exploited the market and it was only the bots that bought out the market during the glitch period?

Yes but it's not possible because $15b in oil sold....

Real Man

Mar 16th 2023, 2:55:57

everyone take a deep breath its going to be ok.

your best friend real man has the bushels, and the oil, and im going to break $2b networth this set

also dont forget to touch grass

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2023, 2:56:19

Was anyone in the market channel in IRC? Maybe we can get a timestamp of when they sold and try to match it to a 2-3m NW change. Kinda grabbing at straws but it should help us locate the missing goods.

mdevol Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 2:57:48

the only reasonable explanation would be that they fixed the techer bots from just storing cash to be exploited by netters and had them buy goods (oil). I would assume though, that if they did that, they would have made a post to let the community know that 1.) the bots were being modified mid set and 2) bots are now going to buy goods they have not been programed to buy thus far. neither of which happened, so that seems unlikely.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2023, 2:59:49

Yeah not to mention that a full hundred trillion dollars in bushels sold and seriously don't seem to be in the bots countries...

s Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 3:00:04

Originally posted by allbymyself87:
Originally posted by s:

(bonus)

So, the admins are aware of the issue and yet make no attempts to alert/inform/stop us from spending turns/resources on killing #34.

And after we have spent turns/resources, the admins quietly reinstate #34 and do not bother at all to restore nor compensate on the turns/resources that the players spent on killing #34.

It's like #34 is the VVIP of the game and his country is the priority for admins to save/reinstate.
And we, the players that spent legit turns/resources on killing #34 means nothing at all to the admins.

If this is really the case, then please, might as well change Alliance server to force everyone to tag up as LaF.

Please purple us all OR force us all to tag up as LaF if LaF means the most to the admins and others means nothing to the admins.

I am a VVIP, at least I'd like to think so.

SuperFly Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 3:01:45

Deleting all of the broken bots that laf exploits in the war would change the dynamic drastically

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 16th 2023, 3:22:12

Grasping at straws here but what could have happened is this:

Normally the bots play like 15-40 turns at a time and spend cash spread out over the day. Players sell them food, tech military that sells over the course of the day. Then those players might sometimes stock a little of that cash as bushels/oil and they will buy it and put it on market.

So when the casher bots farmer bots and indy bots all came on to play at once it created a buyout of sorts of the tech market, and the military market, plus a bunch of food was bought at the same time. The food purchases of the bots are NOT close to what we saw here(unless the code switched to the express code again), and the bots don't buy oil at all.
Every player who started comming in had more cash than they usually had, because everything that normally sells over a day sold all at once. Now those players have to buy food and oil to sell to the market, and once they did the market was bought out.

Casher and farmer bots normally spend 500-800m cash on techs and military at this time of the round multiply that by 100 and add the indy bots and assume we dont have all daily turns its still probably ~50B cash spent at once at by the bots. then players have to stock that. The bots alone explain fully the tech market and most of the stuff on the military market. But then those players who sold that 50B cash worth of tech/military will want to stock at this stage, depending who it is.

Again, I'm not sure this is actually what happened but it's my best theory.

Tl;DR - Everything sold at once and players stocking that cash as bushels/oil at once.

Now if we inadvertently switched to express bot code again... as was the case back a couple months ago after a game outage, then all these bushels could have easily been bought by bots alone, and then theres really nothing to explain.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2023, 9:01:21

Im just here wondering why people who deliberately exploit problems with the code do not get banned at least temporarily, why is there only a deletion? If they managed to kill countries that are better than theirs, it gives them an incentive to do it again when possible.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2023, 10:06:28

Originally posted by SuperFly:
Deleting all of the broken bots that laf exploits in the war would change the dynamic drastically

SuperCry, you are so cute with the salty tears. Do you want cheese with the whine?

Edited By: Mr Gainsboro on Mar 16th 2023, 10:40:23
Don of LaF

BlackHole Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 10:18:50

Originally posted by allbymyself87:
Originally posted by s:

(bonus)

I find it absolutely HILARIOUS that one side wants to cry foul, and talk about how everything is unfair, after they cheated.

It's really simple.

Blatant cheating occurred. The admins saw this, and sought to rectify it as best they could. It obviously wasn't easy to fix, and it took some time. In the middle of them rectifying it, the side that cheated decided to start playing the game fair again. And they attacked someone who was entirely unable to do anything about it, DUE TO THE PREVIOUS CHEATING.

The circumstances at the time of your legitimate attacked only occurred, and were only possible to have occurred, due to your sides cheating.

Does it suck that you wasted resources? Of course. Did you think that kill was legitimate? Maybe. Is the only reason that you wasted resources and wasted turns on a kill you thought might have been legitimate because your side cheated? Absolutely.

Maybe the mods didn't realize you were about to kill him again. You want to complain about not being warned to not kill a country that you just cheated to kill. OK, how about instead, your side doesn't cheat and cause massive problems for the admins. If that cheating doesn't happen, then we would have never been in this situation to begin with.

Now that the cheaters have been punished and your side has been inadvertently hurt by the cheating, you want to roll the whole game back. That might not be possible, and the risks of that sound pretty significant anyway. Why should we roll the game back to absolve your team from this inadvertent penalty?

To me it sounds like natural consequences. Don't like it? Maybe don't let your team cheat next time in the future.

Or maybe if they do cheat, and you realize it, you should come out publicly, right away, and say sorry. Rather than attempting to defend it, like i saw so many do.

You can't claim you were against the cheating when you guys never actually come on here and said 'hold up hold up, our guys cheated, we are sorry... we are going to pause our attacks and try to find a way to fix this situation'.

Instead, you have players from your alliance try to defend or explain away the cheating, acting like it's not a big deal. Or worse, accusing others of cheating, without evidence.

Ya'll are the bad guys here, and you're trying to act like the victims.

Link Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 10:56:17

What a fluff show this is... I got the strange desire to go outside and sit in the grass all of a sudden.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 16th 2023, 11:18:54

You all took the bot comment and ran with it ๐Ÿ™„

A. It was a half joke.
B. I am only going off what qzjul said about Snoopdog asking him who bought all the bushels. He said something about the bot code going crazy and they went angry and bought them. I have no idea what that means. I don't understand code. So I can't speculate further on how it went down.
C. I will try to get qzjul to post an answer today.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Link Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 11:27:19

The bots are angry?.... my God.. what have we done..
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Rasp Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 12:01:13

Originally posted by Gerdler:

It said "create a new country" on his portal ...
S was online hearing highlights and browsing EE but unable to log in ...

A similar situation happened a few years back when the game's ssl certificate expired and folks had difficulty logging in to wall. My country was killed due to this "bug" even though I was online and around to wall. I'm not saying it's apples to apples but definitely similar.

My country was not reinstated, but I also did not go complaining to qz or mods.

[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

Suicidal Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 12:28:34

Take advantage of a glitch when the game is up and running is one thing. F*cking around with buttons when half the sh*t wouldn't even work is another.
Watching all the comments from folks who have no idea what happened proves my point that this game has become real life for most.

galleri, if the glitch caused "s" to not log in and the glitch allowed the attack button to work when nothing else did, then erry buddy should be reinstated. Yeah, it was funny that I was able to solo kill Gerdler not even knowing it was actually going through. The funniest part was how folks reacted to broken game. Once it was realized that countries actually died, we quit.
If we were going for advantage we would have killed everybody. I am sure LaF wouldn't mind if we killed Tmac hahaha

Just curious who, without knowing the facts, made the decision to delete me without reading me my rights and allowing me one phone call. Why didn't anyone ask me how this happened before deleting me. This whole real life thing is out of control. Ask qz to review the ReAL facts intead of someone's opinions.

P.S. galleri, if you take this game with you to make poo poo, we need to talk.

SuperFly Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 12:46:10

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:

SuperCry, you are so cute with the salty tears. Do you want cheese with the whine?

Last time I checked the biggest whiners are LaF. Hence why they went and cried “QZ daddy, S can’t login reinstate him now or will throw a tantrum and not pay patron status going forward for our free turns”

goes with what I have posted for years and on my original war dec. LaF/Netters are the biggest whiners and cry babies in the game. So don’t go twisting the facts….

mdevol Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 14:17:54

Yeah. My original died because I couldn't login in time to wall because I got forced to captcha upon login. Idk if that is a bug or not, I just assume it's part of a free 1990s canadian text based game.

BlackHole Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 14:36:53

Yeah. My original died because I couldn't login in time to wall because I got forced to captcha upon login. Idk if that is a bug or not, I just assume it's part of a free 1990s canadian text based game.

Do you think that's the same level of bug as 'i can't login because cheaters killed my country, the admins reinstated it, but it's not fully working yet'?

Cause if you do, you're an idiot.

If you don't, then you're just out here making dishonest arguments.

Which is it? Idiot or dishonest interlocutor?

Suicidal Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 15:11:36

Originally posted by BlackHole:

Do you think that's the same level of bug as 'i can't login because cheaters killed my country, the admins reinstated it, but it's not fully working yet'?

The only idiot is you and you continue to prove it

Originally posted by Suicidal:

Suicidal Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 15:14:11

The only idiot is you and you continue to prove it

ร„she Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 15:49:57

Since this is a LaF friendly server, this is the correct way to deal with them getting mod/admin favoritism ......

Turns: 120 Money: $422,147,118 Food: 10,888 Bushels Networth: $1,833,766
Your country was destroyed because it self deleted.

Captain Control Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 15:52:44

[F] for respect
Look for the Greek Mythology references and bring a beer! ๐Ÿบ

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2023, 15:59:27

Last time I checked the biggest whiners are LaF. Hence why they went and cried “QZ daddy, S can’t login reinstate him now or will throw a tantrum and not pay patron status going forward for our free turns”

goes with what I have posted for years and on my original war dec. LaF/Netters are the biggest whiners and cry babies in the game. So don’t go twisting the facts….

SuperCry, look above. The only one i see that is crying in this and every other thread is you. Do mommy hold your hand while you cry yourself to sleep?
Don of LaF

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2023, 16:05:18

Yeah honestly it seems like this was handled properly to me. That's one guys opinion. People who exploit or cheat should get punished, and those that were wronged should get righted. That being said, whenever someone cheated or the game went down and I was killed as a result, I never got this treatment. Perhaps it's usually because generally only a mod is involved and not papa QZ himself who tends to be way nicer about that stuff than like Prime telling me to eat dirt and f off. There's just no precedent for a country being reinstated because of cheating at all, however, I like the idea and hope going forward, people do get reinstated for even things like ratski and his neighbor getting purple for colluding to kill you on a solo, or macdaddy making multies to kill, etc. Anytime someone cheats to ruin you, you should be reinstated. We've all said that for a long time and this only proves it's possible, and frankly not even hard to do to get his whole market back...

Is it possible to guarantee the next time someone cheats to kill me, that I'll get the same treatment? Because honestly I think it would be good for the game...

Edited By: DerrickICN on Mar 16th 2023, 16:12:16
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2023, 16:09:20

Also, in order for me to believe the angry bots hypothesis, I feel like someone has to explain about $15b in oil selling over $500

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2023, 18:12:42

I pay money to play this game. If S is being restored, I am okay with that, but I want my turns and resources back.

It was no fault that the game was restarted with countries improperly set up – I'm not mad, but if he gets restored, give me my stuff back.

How are you going to make all parties involved whole again Qz/Pang/Slag? Or should I request a refund?

Real Man

Mar 16th 2023, 18:29:24

Originally posted by Requiem:
I pay money to play this game. If S is being restored, I am okay with that, but I want my turns and resources back.

It was no fault that the game was restarted with countries improperly set up – I'm not mad, but if he gets restored, give me my stuff back.

How are you going to make all parties involved whole again Qz/Pang/Slag? Or should I request a refund?

You all get a gift of 1 pang coin, but to receive it you have to post proof of you touching grass

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 16th 2023, 18:35:18

Just a quick FYI: the servers cannot be rolled back.

A few bots bought out two techs and a pile of turrets. Both live players and bots benefited from the sales. This will explain how lots of bushels and oil were purchased as a result. Other bots bought out bushels and some techs and players had to spend on oil. Cash generated from stage 1 of the glitch was close to $100B

Edited By: Primeval on Mar 16th 2023, 19:50:56

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 16th 2023, 18:38:12

Also, in order for me to believe the angry bots hypothesis, I feel like someone has to explain about $15b in oil selling over $500

12b was spent on oil in total, not at $500, the average price was just over $200

As i've explained 12b is nothing in the grand scheme of things... if a couple players log in to their tech/food sold, and food/tech is way too high to consider purchasing but stocking needs to be done then those players will most certainly buy oil.

12b worth is nothing at this stage, I'm surprised the market is even that thin.

Edited By: Gerdler on Mar 16th 2023, 18:52:41

Snoopdawg Game profile

Mar 16th 2023, 19:04:25

wrong thread

Edited By: Snoopdawg on Mar 16th 2023, 19:09:19