Verified:

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2015, 13:22:44

Please discuss rule ideas only.
Keep the insults/opinions of a person on another thread. It would be great if Tella could delete all unrelated posts on this thread.

I'll begin with this idea:
A larger clan cannot FS a smaller clan. (Larger / smaller meaning # of players)
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2015, 13:26:47

Of course if your clan has 1hit>kill policies then that's OK; but, if you're smaller, and you don't hit anyone, you should be protected from getting gang-banged by a larger clan. This would help new players come to the server.

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 20th 2015, 13:40:48

Marshal Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 13:44:54

decent idea otherwise but 5 countries can kill 1 country somewhat quickly if defender isn't online and even if mods delete attackers defender won't get restored and if defender restarts he/she doesn't have same resources as original country had.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

mrford Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 14:09:18

Originally posted by Celphi:
Of course if your clan has 1hit>kill policies then that's OK; but, if you're smaller, and you don't hit anyone, you should be protected from getting gang-banged by a larger clan. This would help new players come to the server.

Or you should get more members. What you are suggesting would give a safe haven to douches. Rewarding and/or protecting tags for not recruting? Giving smaller tags a wall to hide behind till they choose to hit a larger clan? Is that really a precedent you want to set?

You need to think of the potential abuses of any suggestions you make. People who play this game will use them.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

archaic Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 14:17:01

So wait, we have 5 members, xDoucHx has 4 members, they topfeed one of our members a few times and we can't war them?

How about this, eliminate all of the artificial non-coded rules from the server and return things to the way they were.

A mod ought to close this redundant thread.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Dissident Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 15:53:50

Ya... that rule wont work for me.

How can we make a rule to stop suiciders before they start?

tellarion Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 16:32:02

Yeah, not gonna happen.

Here are the two things I want suggestions on:

1) LGing someone at war. How would you like that handled? As it stands, it's a case by case basis, with no hard limits set. Policing is allowed, though, so that's a way to enforce it without mods.

2) Is Demo considered a 'harmful spyop'?

Reckless Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 16:59:20

Originally posted by Dissident:
Ya... that rule wont work for me.

Teams not creating a fluffty atmosphere to play in

Reckless Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 17:06:51

Originally posted by tellarion:
Yeah, not gonna happen.

1) LGing someone at war. How would you like that handled? As it stands, it's a case by case basis, with no hard limits set. Policing is allowed, though, so that's a way to enforce it without mods.

A Mod retal policy for non policing Teams at war. Policing is the mode of choice but not all Teams may have that luxury.

I'm split on demos

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2015, 17:19:47

I appreciate the different questions to the suggestion. I just wanted to make one futher point on it why I suggested it.

Archaic's concern:
So wait, we have 5 members, xDoucHx has 4 members, they topfeed one of our members a few times and we can't war them?

Response:
You can still have 1>:kill retal policies. So if they topfed you, the FS protection would no longer be in effect.

Dissident's concern:

Response:
I personally don't think it's possible to prevent suiciding; because, how can you distiguish a one-man tag looking to war clans?

MrFord's concern:
Or you should get more members. What you are suggesting would give a safe haven to douches. Rewarding and/or protecting tags for not recruting? Giving smaller tags a wall to hide behind till they choose to hit a larger clan? Is that really a precedent you want to set?

Response:
The hardest part for new members is recruiting 5 players all at one time to play on TEAM. The point of giving them FS protection is to give them safehaven from larger clans, not clans of same size or smaller. It's much easier to start off with 3 and build each set with more members; however, those 3 players are not going to stick around when they're just going to get gangbanged by a 5-player tag every set.

As a new player to TEAM, I believe on the current path it's on TEAM will eventually be just 5 tags only. Don't you think that's going to get boring, having xBaDx, DS, Villianz, Villians, & Weedylar the only players on server? Yes,. at first it would seem annoying that you couldn't attack them with first strike but the population of the server would at least be growing. At some point they'd get larger adding to the # of 5 player clans. As stated in Archaic's response, they'd only be protected from FS only.

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 20th 2015, 18:42:19

Untagged Hunter

Aug 20th 2015, 18:06:40

This is stupid, just get rid of all these rules

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2015, 18:25:31

The issue I have with policing is that it creates an alliance type atmosphere. I could see Elders policing xBaDx, but not Elders policing Rybka. It creates unbalance. That's exactly what happened last set. Villianz were policing xBaDx's suiciders & Rybka was policing their own suiciders during war. Policing wouldn't be necessary with active mods. Active mods can prevent multi clans vs one tag.

Since the server requires Qzjul to code in changes for making tags mandatory, why not just treat all untags as individual tags?

I don't see why demos would NOT be considered as negative spy ops. If we decide that it is not, then you're saying it's ok to spend an unlimited # of demos on a clan that is in war. Yes, demos are easier to recover from, but they still require you to use a turn to recover readiness. Regular spying(be it market, alliance) does nothing determentally, so imo that should be the only exception.

Reckless Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 18:53:32

Collusion is a problem. No point in regulating it especially if a Team reaches out politically for policing anyway. Give Teams 1 announced DP. If this server wants war lets do it big.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 19:28:37

reka: wars are meant to be 1 team vs 1 team not 5 teams vs <5 teams.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

mrford Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 19:32:35

Originally posted by Celphi:
The issue I have with policing is that it creates an alliance type atmosphere. I could see Elders policing xBaDx, but not Elders policing Rybka. It creates unbalance. That's exactly what happened last set. Villianz were policing xBaDx's suiciders & Rybka was policing their own suiciders during war. Policing wouldn't be necessary with active mods. Active mods can prevent multi clans vs one tag.

That problem is rectified by not being an asshole. Every alliance server is like that. Clans that do dumb fluff get dumb fluff done to them. Clan with loud mouths have to back it up or stfu.

You are trying to add rules to keep your clan from being killed because people don't like you.

How about getting people to like you. That is called foreign affairs.

Edited By: mrford on Aug 20th 2015, 19:34:36
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2015, 21:17:18

My suggestion isn't to protect me. It's to protect new clans. There are plenty of new clans that came & left. Why didn't they stay? It wasn't because of inactive mods. It's because of the envirnoment of TEAM. You can make rules to change the envirnoment or keep it status quo and play with the same 25 people forever.

I can list 15 people who would play TEAM if it wasn't a gangbang server. Strictly enforcing the current rules doesn't help new clans on TEAM. If you continue having 5 players FS 1-4 player teams on this server, it will never grow.

I'm giving feedback as a new player on TEAM. My feedback is a combonation of my opinion as well as other players who tried TEAM one time and swore never to return. If that aspect of TEAM doesn't change you're going to have a 0 retention rate.

One final note: Whenever a 5-player TEAMs decide to FS those smaller clans, the only thing you'll see an increase in are the # of suiciders. Each time you do it, I get an email from someone expressing their fusteration and their plan to either quit the server all together or to act some sort of revenge the next set in a form of suiciding. Just because they're not voicing their opinions on these boards doesn't mean I'm the only one who feels this way. They just prefer to avoid the drama.

@Ford:
Most of the new clans that have quit TEAM weren't 'disliked' or 'act as an asshole'. Yet they got destroyed.

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 20th 2015, 21:47:31

bstrong86 Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 22:18:23

As a team player. You either play by server politics or you don't. Most..don't.

I'll never back saying one team cant hit another whether they are smaller or not.

Not up to the staff to do PR work
The Death Knights

XI

Uncle James Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 22:32:04

What about clan XPLO attacking the SPY clan and starting a war. Now that SPY has started hitting back VILLAINZ has joined the XPLO tag and are gang banging the tag SPY. That is a rules violation so why have they not been deleted they are running two tags and attacking one tag> I guess I should call all my friends in FFA and have them make 5> 5 man teams and we can just kill every clan we do not like.

elvesrus

Aug 20th 2015, 22:34:33

lots of ABs say villainz can hit spy
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

braden Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 22:49:20

TEAM RULES; ALL OTHER SERVERS DROOL !!

bstrong86 Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 23:38:48

Originally posted by Uncle James:
What about clan XPLO attacking the SPY clan and starting a war. Now that SPY has started hitting back VILLAINZ has joined the XPLO tag and are gang banging the tag SPY. That is a rules violation so why have they not been deleted they are running two tags and attacking one tag> I guess I should call all my friends in FFA and have them make 5> 5 man teams and we can just kill every clan we do not like.

Looks like your team started it
The Death Knights

XI

Colo Game profile

Aug 20th 2015, 23:44:01

Yeah, not gonna happen.

It honestly depends on how the demos are used. Are they used to bring your target to ONLY the 70% min? If so, then it's just cost saving.

Demos by themselves are not actually harmful. They do not take away ANY military/buildings/tech etc. The defending country wont lose a single asset, thus they literally do absolutely no damage to the country.

I am a fighter, I run with high spal countries. How is it ok for you to tell me how I can and can't grab my targets? The only point celphi could have is if we deliberately dropped ebert to 0%. We didn't. We dropped him to the optimum readiness and took our land back. Take a look at all my countries on any server. Demo all my targets. I have the spal, why not use it?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2015, 0:03:02

Bstrong- since the rules are so clear,

What have you had done with last set situation with Drunksex? Because half the community still doesn't know what the rules would have done. Would you have deleted or sent a warning or done nothing?

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 21st 2015, 0:11:29

Colo Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 0:11:01

You shouldn't have tried baiting us into deletion when you knew exactly what was going to happen. Lets get real, that's the only reason you are actually mad and still trying to push this. If it were malicious, we would have dropped him under the optimum...we didn't. Just took our land back that you took in OUR war.

Lol I can't believe I have to keep explaining why you don't want to cross paths with drunk men.

Colo Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 0:11:43

Yeah I would have edited that post also celphi, made no fluffing sense.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2015, 0:15:52

How was it baiting though? The attacks were made earlier in the set, not while at war. And 6 days later while we were at war, your clan did the demos + 4PS.

The whole scenario- I'm not trying to get justification, I just want a mod to tell me if it's legal. Because if it is, then I know what we can do in the future.

Colo Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 0:18:14

How is DR camping our targets in our war and making war hits on them not baiting us??

Colo Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 0:19:12

I guess I can understand why you would ask that. Seeing as how you thought a 7k (or close to it) bad target was of equal value to a garbage 29k acre scrub country.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2015, 0:24:59

This was taking your land:
2015-07-18 06:17:19 SS FluidFlatulence (#69) DrunkSEX Jackson (#86) WDO 292A (440A)
2015-07-14 02:01:45 PS theres a potato in your urethra (#7) xBaDx Jackson (#86) WDO 259A (558A)
2015-07-12 09:40:56 SS FluidFlatulence (#69) DrunkSEX Jackson (#86) WDO 19A (23A)

Nothing happened to xBaDx.

But somehow you say:
2015-07-19 07:50:20 GS Donny (#18) DrunkSEX Jackson (#86) WDO 1033C 0 F
2015-07-19 07:50:18 GS Donny (#18) DrunkSEX Jackson (#86) WDO 1057C 0 F
2015-07-19 01:23:27 PS Black Knight (#48) rybka Jackson (#86) WDO 374A (592A)
2015-07-19 01:23:18 PS Black Knight (#48) rybka Jackson (#86) WDO 376A (658A)
2015-07-18 14:28:22 EM Donny (#18) DrunkSEX Jackson (#86) WDO 13543MU
2015-07-18 14:28:22 EM Donny (#18) DrunkSEX Jackson (#86) WDO 13680MU
2015-07-18 14:28:18 NM Donny (#18) DrunkSEX Jackson (#86) WDO DH
2015-07-18 14:28:18 NM Donny (#18) DrunkSEX Jackson (#86) WDO 342A
2015-07-18 14:28:18 NM Donny (#18) DrunkSEX Jackson (#86) WDO 360A
2015-07-18 14:28:17 NM Donny (#18) DrunkSEX Jackson (#86) WDO 379A

is... Your clan wasn't even trying to grab land back at that point. Ya'll were missiling him. That's why I don't like the whole policing thing,... because clans don't use their policies evenly. It's selectively based on your alliances. Based on the magic 25 on the server.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2015, 0:28:17

If you're going to LG a country, why nuke them 4 times?

Imagine if xBaDx LG'd & demo'd Villianz for killing their suiciders that same set...

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 21st 2015, 0:31:10

Colo Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 0:30:48

Bullfluff, thats why you cutoff the part of me farming him right before when your news "suddenly ends". Why show the truth?

Really, a 7k country compared to 28 or 29k and you still don't get the picture? You are absolutely a work of art.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2015, 0:33:33

So, you nuke countries 4x that you plan to LG?

http://www.eestats.com/team/oldcountry/887/86

Which part did I cut off?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2015, 0:34:38

The nukes occured after your LGs. You don't nuke countries that you are still LG'ing.

Colo Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 0:36:51

so now I am donny? I didn't nuke fluff, but it does not give you the right to target our enemies and make war hits on them during OUR war. What the fluff can't you understand about that?? Really it's baffling you haven't forgotten how to breathe yet.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2015, 0:37:25

It doesn't matter- I don't want to break my own rule of this thread. The main thing is - I just want to knw from a mod what they would do if the exact situation occurs again in future.

Colo Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 0:40:11

It really wont matter if a mod tells you. It will still go right over your head.

Colo Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 0:41:38

You are trying to force your BS solo netting server rules down our throats where it's ok to jump people in war and take fluff from them. It doesn't fly on servers like this. You should have stayed out of our war... why ask to dance if you don't know how?

bstrong86 Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 1:11:56

Unless i have the parameters of the situation in whole. Idk. I ran multi sweeps. Not once did anyone message me about a 2on 1 war. Granted. I wasnt logged in much on this account. I playd hidden last set in alliance. But i never got any pms none the less
The Death Knights

XI

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2015, 1:28:54

This is the situation in a nutshell:

4 tags in all.

While Drunksex is at war with WDO, Rybka LGs WDO x2.
Later in the set....
While Ryka is at war with xBaDx, Drunksex demos Rybka x10 & LGs x2.
24 hrs later...
While Rybka is still at war with xBaDx, Drunksex demos Rybka x10 & LGs Rybka x2 again.

What would you have done Bstrong with those clear rules?

mrford Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 1:33:04

i would have deleted everyone for being jackases, then deleted your restart for being extra jackass.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

tellarion Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 2:36:37

Originally posted by Uncle James:

Ummm....what? Did you look at what #19 did?

Also, you just reported it like 5-6 hours ago. Stop your fluffing.

tellarion Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 2:43:02

Originally posted by Colo:
so now I am donny? I didn't nuke fluff, but it does not give you the right to target our enemies and make war hits on them during OUR war. What the fluff can't you understand about that?? Really it's baffling you haven't forgotten how to breathe yet.

Landgrabs aren't war hits.

tellarion Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 2:44:01

Can we get back on topic please? I don't give a fluff about your interpersonal drama.

As for demos, if it's used to landgrab someone, I don't personally think that should be considered a 'war attack'. If someone is just sending demos at another tag that is at war, that's definitely deletable, because it does impact their war performance.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Demos should be allowed for grabbing, but not if the target is in a war, because that interferes with their warring ability. Any thoughts?

Edited By: tellarion on Aug 21st 2015, 2:46:51
See Original Post

Colo Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 2:47:33

Oh right, I forgot you can't kill someone with LG's. Good point.

Colo Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 2:48:42

Jesus fluffing christ this community is something else...

tellarion Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 2:54:35

Oh right, I forgot you can't kill someone with LG's. Good point.

Not once they get past about 1k acres, you can't.

In any case, someone grabbing YOUR ENEMY during war doesn't mean they are declaring war on YOU. Claiming that you are justified in taking retals on someone in that case is fluffing nuts. If anything, they were HELPING YOU.

Colo Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 2:57:27

So I guess we were returning the favor by putting them in SPY DR and increasing their spals. Quid pro quo.

Colo Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 2:58:50

Now tags can't even police their own wars..Why bother with this server? Just shut it down already.

mrford Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 3:09:08

Swagger of a Chupacabra

Colo Game profile

Aug 21st 2015, 3:16:40

Of course tella just up and leaves.

Got cat turd collector written all over him.