Verified:

Rocky79 Game profile

Feb 1st 2022, 2:15:02

It looks like we've got some organic non-gmo bushels for sale for a steal of a deal at $77 a bushel just like last round

What a deal, I bet they will even decay at the same rate as the cheap bushels do!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2022, 2:51:21

Yum!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

SuperFly Game profile

Feb 1st 2022, 3:14:34

I bought them $77 bushels. At first I thought they were pricy but than i remembered I also sell turrets for $220 so I guess I can afford them.

Rocky79 Game profile

Feb 1st 2022, 3:45:27

Originally posted by SuperFly:
I bought them $77 bushels. At first I thought they were pricy but than i remembered I also sell turrets for $220 so I guess I can afford them.

Thanks for your purchase

PS. who pays $220 for turrets? Turrets are cheaper than that on the private market with no 6% tax

Bushels on the other hand are outrageously priced on the private market

g0nz0 Game profile

Feb 1st 2022, 3:57:53

Originally posted by Rocky79:
Originally posted by SuperFly:

Thanks for your purchase

PS. who pays $220 for turrets? Turrets are cheaper than that on the private market with no 6% tax

Bushels on the other hand are outrageously priced on the private market

The only people buying public market at such cost have emptied their Private market. They are scared and desperate.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2022, 4:00:54

I haven't paid over $39/bushel yet...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

LightBringer Game profile

Feb 1st 2022, 6:08:49

Please don't tell me we're going to have another set of $80 bushels. I thought we had enough people that were going farmer.
Hello

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2022, 6:10:52

We have too many techers :-(
(•_•)

Cumorah Game profile

Feb 1st 2022, 11:01:24

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
We have too many techers :-(

No the number of techers is good. Prices are fair :)

Rocky79 Game profile

Feb 1st 2022, 13:31:49

Originally posted by LightBringer:
Please don't tell me we're going to have another set of $80 bushels. I thought we had enough people that were going farmer.

We definitely have more farmers than last round, although one just got double tapped and responded with missiles, and another just got AB'd 20+ times

Last set we only had one farmer above 10k acres, and I think we will have at least three this round

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Feb 1st 2022, 15:46:35

LB don't worry, I'm here to set it straight lol.. thats the reason why I didn't choose commie but go for farmer.. probably we might still see 50+ bucks during the stocking phase, but at least won't be that bad.. I haven't sell bushels in public market for the past week

Rocky79 Game profile

Feb 1st 2022, 16:40:24

Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:

LB don't worry, I'm here to set it straight lol.. thats the reason why I didn't choose commie but go for farmer.. probably we might still see 50+ bucks during the stocking phase, but at least won't be that bad.. I haven't sell bushels in public market for the past week

Delphinus if I see you selling food on the public market below $50 it will be considered an act of war!!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2022, 17:29:30

Delphinus if I see you selling food on the public market below $50 it will be considered an act of war!!

If we don't get his food for reasonable price....we take his farms!
(•_•)

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Feb 2nd 2022, 13:02:06

Delp always assured their customers get the best quality food at reasonable prices!

Rocky79 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2022, 18:30:58

Delp always assured their customers get the best quality food at reasonable prices!

Delp -

I think $50+ is very reasonable!

Always remember - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPMJ3AueOmk

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2022, 21:17:13

Delp -

I'll take your lands too!!
(•_•)

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Feb 3rd 2022, 13:20:26

Delp -

I'll take your lands too!!

My lands producing low value goods.. go for the higher value added lands!

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Feb 3rd 2022, 13:26:15

Delp -

I would be swatting flies in my store if I put my price tag at 50+ lol.. I hope I can sell it higher as well.. maybe I should do better marketing for my food, like hiring Gordon Ramsay to sit in front of my store 🤔

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2022, 16:05:51

What's with these idiots doing big grabs? And by big I mean hitting top ranked well built countries that can and will retal, stupid.
(•_•)

g0nz0 Game profile

Feb 5th 2022, 21:42:33

What's with these idiots doing big grabs? And by big I mean hitting top ranked well built countries that can and will retal, stupid.

Well I was already built for attacking and you would have to buy more defense AND lots of new offense. There go your expenses, food consumption, not to mention all the turns not spent teching... Is it worth anything other than a missile?

Rocky79 Game profile

Feb 5th 2022, 22:02:38

Originally posted by g0nz0:

Well I was already built for attacking and you would have to buy more defense AND lots of new offense. There go your expenses, food consumption, not to mention all the turns not spent teching... Is it worth anything other than a missile?

Not a big deal to buy jets, make the retaliation and then resell the jets before playing a lot of turns at high expense. It is also worth it to take the turns away from teching, because when you retal and rebuild you will then have a higher tech per turn for the remaining 30 days worth of turns.

Anyone who is good at this game will always retaliate against your grab and take their land back sooner or later.

If you want to finish in the top I think you need to be more strategic with your landgrab and make it a goal to keep all of the acres you gain by attacking those who can't retal you. That way you don't trade acres back and forth with people because it is really very expensive to trade land grabs because you build, then get hit back and have to rebuild, plus rebuild cs plus grab someone again to regain those lost acres

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2022, 0:23:42

Originally posted by g0nz0:

Not a big deal to buy jets, make the retaliation and then resell the jets before playing a lot of turns at high expense. It is also worth it to take the turns away from teching, because when you retal and rebuild you will then have a higher tech per turn for the remaining 30 days worth of turns.

Anyone who is good at this game will always retaliate against your grab and take their land back sooner or later.

If you want to finish in the top I think you need to be more strategic with your landgrab and make it a goal to keep all of the acres you gain by attacking those who can't retal you. That way you don't trade acres back and forth with people because it is really very expensive to trade land grabs because you build, then get hit back and have to rebuild, plus rebuild cs plus grab someone again to regain those lost acres

This, nobody ever won doing big grabs alone.
(•_•)

Cumorah Game profile

Feb 7th 2022, 14:03:56

#66 served as a cautionary tale - some strats just never work, especially when you leave yourself so exposed for the land grab.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2022, 16:55:09

Originally posted by Cumorah:
#66 served as a cautionary tale - some strats just never work, especially when you leave yourself so exposed for the land grab.

66 was someone I know, found out after I multi tapped him after I messaged him following his spy assault, and he was casually playing, we're talking about #70, the latest retal on him is exhibit A, why you don't top feed.

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Feb 7th 2022, 16:57:28
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 7th 2022, 16:57:07

I think he(#66) was just inactive one weekend and it was enough to never be able to climb back in this server.

It's part of the charm of the server I guess but its kinda brutal. Just hope he is back next set. I'm certain he wouldn't get farmed like that if he logged in every day another week or two. Not a strategic error on his part in other words.

What #70 is doing IS a strategic error on his part as you rightly called.

Rocky79 Game profile

Feb 7th 2022, 17:22:17

I'm excited about these bushel prices

$60 means my income per turn is competitive with these top cashers again :)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2022, 17:34:27

I'm still buying $39 and under, I even have some stocked lol
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Feb 7th 2022, 18:25:45

I'm still buying $39 and under, I even have some stocked lol

Yeah that was me likely selling you those, I thought I could try to drive the price down by selling some batches at 38-37 for a few days which I thought would then cause other farmers to sell privately and decrease the market supply and then we could get the price to spike up

My plan didn't work because the demand is actually a lot greater the last few days and I basically just cost myself money selling bushels to stockpiling techers, whoops!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 7th 2022, 20:24:21

$60 is about as high as bushels should ever go on primary since Commies will benefit from gettng farms for own use and ag tech to 200% or so if it goes any higher.

What rationally should happen is that in order to avoid that commie buy the Agri tech to higher prices and build out their food production, both of which are bad for all farmers, is that farmers avoid the price going that high.

Same principle as when OPEC liked to control the world market price of oil so that it wasnt worth it to massively build out shale oil/oil sands in Canada and other marginal oil sources that would hamper OPECs long term earnings.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2022, 20:35:07

Originally posted by Gerdler:
$60 is about as high as bushels should ever go on primary since Commies will benefit from gettng farms for own use and ag tech to 200% or so if it goes any higher.

What rationally should happen is that in order to avoid that commie buy the Agri tech to higher prices and build out their food production, both of which are bad for all farmers, is that farmers avoid the price going that high.

Same principle as when OPEC liked to control the world market price of oil so that it wasnt worth it to massively build out shale oil/oil sands in Canada and other marginal oil sources that would hamper OPECs long term earnings.

Good point 👍
(•_•)

Cumorah Game profile

Feb 7th 2022, 20:44:48

66 was someone I know, found out after I multi tapped him after I messaged him following his spy assault, and he was casually playing, we're talking about #70, the latest retal on him is exhibit A, why you don't top feed.

I think he(#66) was just inactive one weekend and it was enough to never be able to climb back in this server.

It's part of the charm of the server I guess but its kinda brutal. Just hope he is back next set. I'm certain he wouldn't get farmed like that if he logged in every day another week or two. Not a strategic error on his part in other words.

What #70 is doing IS a strategic error on his part as you rightly called.

I would never recommend going heavy on jets and extremely light on defence, with no missiles. It attracts a multi tap.

Rocky79 Game profile

Feb 7th 2022, 21:26:12

Is it legal for all the farmers to message one another ingame and set a sell price at say $59 or so?

Monopolistic corporate practices and price fixing are practically legal in 2022 anyways

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2022, 21:49:57

Coordination is deleteable offense, yes
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 7th 2022, 22:25:01

Apart from being gray/coordination ts dumb as well because if you are 3 farmers doing that and theres 2 other farmers in the game they will learn very quickly that 58 sells and 59 doesn't, or sells very slow, and so they will all sell at 58. Also if one of you 3 farmers decide to go against your fixed price and sells at 58 he benefits at your loss, since his food will sell for sure and your food will sell slower.

As any seller of anything you want your competition to do one of two things:
1. Sell too low. This is because they will take less resources to buy through for the buyers of this game, leaving more money to buy your goods. Example; Koh logs in with 400m cash to store food, I have 5m bushels on sale at $60, and rocky has 5m bushels on sale. What is best for me? that rocky stupidly sold at 40? or that he sold at 59? Well Koh will buy more of my bushels if rocky sold at 40. So the lower he prices his bushels the better for me.
2. Sell too high. If rocky instead sold at 61 or higher, All my food at $60 will sell to KoH. So great for me.

So not only is it potentially deletable, it's also a bad idea to try and collude that way. Because it is an ineffective way to break the rules tho, it has not come up much in the past.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2022, 22:33:20

Apart from being gray/coordination ts dumb as well because if you are 3 farmers doing that and theres 2 other farmers in the game they will learn very quickly that 58 sells and 59 doesn't, or sells very slow, and so they will all sell at 58. Also if one of you 3 farmers decide to go against your fixed price and sells at 58 he benefits at your loss, since his food will sell for sure and your food will sell slower.

As any seller of anything you want your competition to do one of two things:
1. Sell too low. This is because they will take less resources to buy through for the buyers of this game, leaving more money to buy your goods. Example; Koh logs in with 400m cash to store food, I have 5m bushels on sale at $60, and rocky has 5m bushels on sale. What is best for me? that rocky stupidly sold at 40? or that he sold at 59? Well Koh will buy more of my bushels if rocky sold at 40. So the lower he prices his bushels the better for me.
2. Sell too high. If rocky instead sold at 61 or higher, All my food at $60 will sell to KoH. So great for me.

So not only is it potentially deletable, it's also a bad idea to try and collude that way. Because it is an ineffective way to break the rules tho, it has not come up much in the past.

This made me chuckle lol, coincidentally I logged in to over $400m and bought up all the food available til 0 was left, nothing over $59, it's all on its way to market at over $100ea lol, too funny!
(•_•)

Tmac Game profile

Feb 7th 2022, 22:54:26

I don't really understand the idea of indies building their own farms and buying agri tech.

If bushels are at $60 and I get 200% agri, I'm at 11×60=$660 per farm. That's good for sure compared to 4 jets×$150=$600, but agri tech might cost close to a bil not to mention those farms won't be good the last 7-10 days.

It just seems like once you start down that path you're hoping for prices to stay high, but your actions are working against that.

I've seen alot of good players do it so maybe I'm missing something.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 7th 2022, 23:25:45

I dont really suggest getting excess food and selling it, but I see your point about pushing the food price down by doing this yet at the same time this is the same thing you are doing to jets/turrets with keeping 100% ICs. You are dropping the jet/turret price by doing that. And while food crashes last 5 days you also know jets/turrets have a dip usually at 18-3 days out where you almost never get $150 for them, since almost no one grabs and those who started jumping will buy troops and tanks from their private market way cheaper than this.

You are also forgetting taxes on your military sales, and taxes on your food purchases. But I also said 60 is the max price, because if it goes higher indies should get agri and farms for thier own production. I agree that the agri investment might not be worth it if you keep buying at 60, depending on how long it persists. But we've seen 65-80 several of the past sets now. Not only should indies build farms at those prices but also that is too high to even stock food as a techer... you should likely just jump or keep the cash/tech if those are the prices. So my point is that these changes should be enough to stop demand at those prices.

Cashers have no choice but to buy food, techers and indies do. And Farmers should always make more food than to support the cashers, so theres no rational reason why food should ever go well above $60 for more than a short time.

A cashing casher with max tech makes about $700/acre, a demo/fasc farmer makes about this at $50 (everyone forgets that non-cashers have tax income when they calculate this). But they make it without even cashing their turns. :)

LightBringer Game profile

Feb 7th 2022, 23:46:52

Originally posted by Tmac:
I don't really understand the idea of indies building their own farms and buying agri tech.

If bushels are at $60 and I get 200% agri, I'm at 11×60=$660 per farm. That's good for sure compared to 4 jets×$150=$600, but agri tech might cost close to a bil not to mention those farms won't be good the last 7-10 days.

It just seems like once you start down that path you're hoping for prices to stay high, but your actions are working against that.

Last set bushels were consistently 70+ or sold out. At those prices it 100% makes more sense. I started building farms relatively early as the prices were ridiculous, and by the end of last set of my 48k acres, 10k were farms, I didn’t by bushes for most of the set, and I still got rank 2.
Hello

Tmac Game profile

Feb 7th 2022, 23:57:55

Good stuff guys. I didn't consider the fact you're saving 10% taxes on the food as well. I just worry about food dropping after I invest in farms/agri, lol. I guess it's a pretty safe bet here for about 3 weeks though.

Cumorah Game profile

Feb 8th 2022, 0:27:14

I would hope such messaging is easily identified and actioned with deletions. However, if we are talking about the deletion of multiple farmers then the price market bushel price should be lowered :)

Cumorah Game profile

Feb 8th 2022, 0:29:40

Good stuff guys. I didn't consider the fact you're saving 10% taxes on the food as well. I just worry about food dropping after I invest in farms/agri, lol. I guess it's a pretty safe bet here for about 3 weeks though.

Last set bushels were consistently 70+ or sold out. At those prices it 100% makes more sense. I started building farms relatively early as the prices were ridiculous, and by the end of last set of my 48k acres, 10k were farms, I didn’t by bushes for most of the set, and I still got rank 2.

Maybe it’s time my country built a little veggie patch and grow some of my own food.

Rocky79 Game profile

Feb 8th 2022, 1:31:27

An earthquake occurred destroying 430 buildings!

Rocky79 Game profile

Feb 8th 2022, 1:34:07

KoH - I suppose you would need two players colluding in this way to make it an offense

Gerdler - Do you know how the market decides which goods sell?

For example if you have 3 countries who each have 3 million bushels for sale at the same price, and then you have a fourth player purchase 2 million bushels, how does the market decide which bushels sell?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 8th 2022, 1:35:14

FIFO - first in first out. Whoever got those bushels to the market first will sell first.

Rocky79 Game profile

Feb 8th 2022, 2:27:04

Cool, thanks

In that case any plan to fix prices is useless as you describe above and the price will be determined by the organic supply and demand

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 8th 2022, 2:29:53

Cool, thanks

In that case any plan to fix prices is useless as you describe above and the price will be determined by the organic supply and demand

Yes and SO (standing orders) are your friends 👍
(•_•)

TwoPodRay Game profile

Feb 8th 2022, 4:08:45

So what about the oil though...ya'll got any more of that??

Rocky79 Game profile

Feb 8th 2022, 4:45:53

Oil rigs, now there is something worth building!

TwoPodRay Game profile

Feb 8th 2022, 5:09:29

I havent priced out when it makes sense to buy oil at high prices vs foregoing attacking vs building my own rigs, but I am sure some folks have!

Rocky79 Game profile

Feb 8th 2022, 14:57:01

I think it depends on your strategy, but if there is no oil for sale at all and 30 days still left in the round it is likely a good idea for a farmer, indy or casher to build some rigs anyways