Verified:

Hessman123

May 1st 2020, 17:04:42

Originally posted by Gerdler:
So #20 and #23 competes for the win because their endgame strategy is superior. I am happy for them but I'm mostly happy for the game. :)

I will continue to preach the gospel of the flying spaghetti monster.. and hope I can edge out #20 :)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 1st 2020, 17:31:02

Congrats on the retal Delphi :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Serpentor Game profile

May 1st 2020, 17:49:29

So #20 and #23 competes for the win because their endgame strategy is superior. I am happy for them but I'm mostly happy for the game. :)

Lol your a knob.

It’s not lack of “end game strategy”. 😂 it’s called having more important things to do. I pretty much do it at the end of every round on the final day. I easily could have cashed away from that hit. But instead , as always, I forget the game exists for a while and focus on work, kids, sports, life, etc. Stocked up over 110 turns until I remembered about the game this morning.

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Finally Delphi!!

I was getting sick of holding turns. Now wasn’t that more fun than the regular boring finish? Congratulations! Now here comes the really fun part, the RoR and declaration of war. 😂

This part was a joke for Delph. Hit me up for an alliance next set D, this way you can be off the list of viable targets. 😉
The EEVIL Empire

Tmac Game profile

May 1st 2020, 18:53:18

Hess and i should have a neck and neck finish =) hopefully i don't miss out on the win by 400k nw like last set, lol.

Great retal delph! Biggest i've seen on this server in the 2 sets i've been back. The military losses were something else, lol. I saw it coming when serp didnt run turns for a while. I think you just put yourself in contention for a top 5 finish!

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

May 1st 2020, 20:40:54

Don't you reckon you'll finish 110m+, Tmac? With zero spy ops done on you all set I would just randomly guess like 120-125.

Edited By: Molotov on May 1st 2020, 20:59:22
See Original Post

Tmac Game profile

May 1st 2020, 21:17:20

I give myself 105m selling at $100 units. I could break 110m, but i don't think 115m+. A 60k acre commie with high nw is uncharted territory for me so we'll just have to wait and see =)

Serpentor Game profile

May 1st 2020, 21:53:10

Originally posted by Tmac:
I give myself 105m selling at $100 units. I could break 110m, but i don't think 115m+. A 60k acre commie with high nw is uncharted territory for me so we'll just have to wait and see =)

Make sure you get more jets than turrets to save expenses. Also if you hide military goods on the market before running turns you save tons of food. Also you can try to not get your military expenses up too big yet by stocking up enough food for the remainder of the set, and keep cash stocked up to 2b until it’s enough to play out the remainder of your turns.
The EEVIL Empire

Serpentor Game profile

May 1st 2020, 21:58:11

Usually with 60k acres at the timing you hit it, I get 115m net. If you check my previous countries you’ll see several 60k 115m finishes. It’s kind of the standard land goal I shoot for now. There just aren’t enough players to hit anymore to try for more these days.
The EEVIL Empire

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 1st 2020, 23:00:16

Lol your a knob.

It’s not lack of “end game strategy”. 😂 it’s called having more important things to do. I pretty much do it at the end of every round on the final day. I easily could have cashed away from that hit. But instead , as always, I forget the game exists for a while and focus on work, kids, sports, life, etc. Stocked up over 110 turns until I remembered about the game this morning.

Incidentally I have used the exact same arguement to not hit you, delph, ponti, tmac, hessman or anyone else this set, and many others other sets.

Logging in whenever I want and playing 5-10 minutes very casually is what I want to do, and so the best part of the set is when exploring, building CS or when cashing all my turns in regards to that. But sure grabbing casually can be pretty chill too.
If I start hitting the t10 on the one hand I wont benefit and on the other hand its more work. I lose time for stuff I like to do more and lose ending NW ingame(not that it matters to me this set).

Tmac Game profile

May 2nd 2020, 2:07:39

Thx for the tips serp. I figured you'd have something to say considering all the top indies you've made.

I only figured out your tip about storing goods on the market a week or so ago. I would see my food consumption go down randomly(i thought), but eventually realized it was my jets going out on the ps that did it. That helped me realize i could save through the market as well.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 2nd 2020, 2:19:27

If Polk High (#48) wins I will eat my hat. :P
I dont have a hat but I will buy one and eat it, nonetheless!

I hear you tho, I have no clue what stocks either of those have so i might place too much value on NW and land at this point.

i have no clue on their stocks either, but those ppl who stay at lower networth with around same land, are ppl who have a good chance if they play it right.. i would have done my stocking at lower networth to save expenses, and try not to go spies or turrets heavy

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 2nd 2020, 2:23:23

Lol your a knob.

Finally Delphi!!

I was getting sick of holding turns. Now wasn’t that more fun than the regular boring finish? Congratulations! Now here comes the really fun part, the RoR and declaration of war. 😂

This part was a joke for Delph. Hit me up for an alliance next set D, this way you can be off the list of viable targets. 😉

lol serp, i have long term allies with some of the mates here.. maybe spy alliance would be good.. we see how.. who knows i may end up hitting u first next round for a change, and u do the chasing this time lol

u had 1 hour window to use ur cash with ur units just managed to get sold and play ur turns, and i was lucky u didnt come online then with ur busy schedule.. further to some guys massive selling some of their goods, i think we were under-cutting each other during this few days..

Edited By: DeLpHiNuS on May 2nd 2020, 2:30:29

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 2nd 2020, 2:35:08

Hess and i should have a neck and neck finish =) hopefully i don't miss out on the win by 400k nw like last set, lol.

Great retal delph! Biggest i've seen on this server in the 2 sets i've been back. The military losses were something else, lol. I saw it coming when serp didnt run turns for a while. I think you just put yourself in contention for a top 5 finish!

oh u are that guy lol.. erm i dont think i would be able to go top 5 unless im lucky that the rest of the pack didnt finish well.. i was focus in my retal on serp and not on my finishing.. im not ambitious and my target is just a top 10 finish every round to put my name on the list, anything like say a win is a bonus

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 2nd 2020, 2:41:41

Make sure you get more jets than turrets to save expenses. Also if you hide military goods on the market before running turns you save tons of food. Also you can try to not get your military expenses up too big yet by stocking up enough food for the remainder of the set, and keep cash stocked up to 2b until it’s enough to play out the remainder of your turns.

haha that's exactly what i would be doing.. further, spies level do not need to be that high to reduce expenses, but i think ur spies number is ok.. i dont think u need to stock up too much food though (priority is to get to 2bil cash first, any excess then u can stock food enough for the final run), cos food prices always crash to 30+ bucks near the end of the round.. stock some turns cos near the end of the round, military prices will be expensive where u can sell at higher price if needed.. of cos during this time, u have to keep a lookout on any possible retals from the bottom..

Edited By: DeLpHiNuS on May 2nd 2020, 2:57:49

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 2nd 2020, 2:50:41

Thx for the tips serp. I figured you'd have something to say considering all the top indies you've made.

I only figured out your tip about storing goods on the market a week or so ago. I would see my food consumption go down randomly(i thought), but eventually realized it was my jets going out on the ps that did it. That helped me realize i could save through the market as well.

yes, the whole idea is to keep ur units away to save on the food.. in fact it applies to all govt types and not just commies.. before i run my load of turns, i put the units at high price (so that it wont get sold) and then play my turns.. i wouldnt send all my jets out for attack if the gains are not worth it cos the casualty incur could outstrip the food savings had u put ur units hiding in public market instead, rather than killing too much of ur jets by sending out entire fleet of jets

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 2nd 2020, 3:00:18

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Congrats on the retal Delphi :-)

thanks koh! looking forward to next round already

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 2nd 2020, 20:49:31

Is there a way to make a prediction of the t10 now, not post it and then see after the reset who got closest?

Would be a cool competition and it will not promote any grey posting.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 2nd 2020, 20:56:49

Is there a way to make a prediction of the t10 now, not post it and then see after the reset who got closest?

Would be a cool competition and it will not promote any grey posting.

Yep just have everyone PM me their predictions and I will reveal at the end of the set (being I don't have a country in primary).

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 2nd 2020, 21:56:59

Hmm. What would be the metric of comparison?

I can send you my top 10 prediction with ranks and predicted NW of each player in the top 10 for instance.

Would the ranks matter most?
Or the sum of the difference of Predicted NW to Ending NW?
Or the sum of the square of the difference?

Assassin Game profile

May 3rd 2020, 1:20:47

Oops wrong turn

Tmac Game profile

May 3rd 2020, 2:24:07

Delph-thx for the advice. You're 100% top 10 so target met.

Gerd-only prob with that is some people have intel on alot of the top 10. 2 guys have already given me their expected finish. I already gave every1 my estimate for myself. I could take a solid guess at serp's finish, but if he doesn't run his last days turns i'd end up 10m nw off. I'll make a list just for fun if the others play along.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 3rd 2020, 2:45:22

wait i dont understand.. predicting the top 10 and post here is also a grey area?? i thought it will be fine to post the predictions.. i didnt spy most of the top 10, and it is based on my gut feel estimation based on where they stock at their networth, and the land they have..

Edited By: DeLpHiNuS on May 3rd 2020, 2:51:11

Hessman123

May 3rd 2020, 3:12:05

I've guestimated my own finish, but I've done zero calculations to support my guestimations

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

May 3rd 2020, 3:52:05

I've spied on no one and am pulling these numbers out of my butt so it's fine.

121m It is what it is
101m Flying Spaghetti Monster
98m EEVIL WAR MACHINE
95m Zeal
94m This Is The Way

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 3rd 2020, 4:19:14

i thought zeal would break 100mil nw with ease though given tech price still going strong and food havent crash to 30+ bucks yet.. he has been like stocking for a mth if im not wrong judging from his last land grab.. this set should surely see the top breaking at least 100mil nw.. top 4 could have a chance of breaking 100mil nw.. probably at least 70mil is needed to make top 10

1. It is what it is
2. Zeal
3. This is the Way
4. Flying Spaghetti Monster
5. EEVIL WAR MACHINE

Edited By: DeLpHiNuS on May 3rd 2020, 4:31:35

Hessman123

May 3rd 2020, 4:26:02

I like Molotov's prediction better Delphi

I think Tmac wins it for sure.. but I hope to get top 3

My best finish was 2 sets ago with my third place Jeep Gladiator Rubicon . would be nice to top that

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 3rd 2020, 4:37:15

Originally posted by Hessman123:
I like Molotov's prediction better Delphi

I think Tmac wins it for sure.. but I hope to get top 3

My best finish was 2 sets ago with my third place Jeep Gladiator Rubicon . would be nice to top that

haha i dunno, i always favor ppl who stock and lurks at lower networth with similar land, rather than those who stock at higher networth who incur more expenses.. #54 is a demo, which also means he will not incur commission when he buy goods from public market, which give a slight edge for the jump over other govt types.. i would also think that those at the top would be pressured to be turrets heavy to fend off all the risky hits they had made near the end of the round, which further exacerbate their negative expenses.. i put eevil at 5th cos from the past few rounds, he seems to always miss his last hour login to make a final push.. i won one of the rounds with luck cos of this reason where he didnt login.. this round is crazy strong though, i think the last spot of the top 10 could have been a winner for other set lol

i think the next 5 in no order of merit to round up the top 10 would be Unknown Player, Derndingle, I retal with SARS CoV2, Better Run Through The Jungle, and me

Edited By: DeLpHiNuS on May 3rd 2020, 4:54:23

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 3rd 2020, 4:48:12

Originally posted by Assassin:
Oops wrong turn

assassin where are u? come back next round and take over the commie spot.. i wanna try out dict/farmer next round

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

May 3rd 2020, 4:54:39

I gotta be honest, I still believe Gerdler was Red Redemption.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 3rd 2020, 9:54:41

You don't actually believe that. If you did and I cared enough, I would post a screenshot of my profile.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

May 3rd 2020, 10:50:27

You don't actually believe that. If you did and I cared enough, I would post a screenshot of my profile.

You could just leave it open... its what all the cool kids do ;) - Let the trolls jizz over themselves for a reset or two whilst they get it out of their system, they will tire when they realise that you don't give a fluff about them.

I still maintain that everything should be open (by that I mean profiles linked to countries). I think that this thread is a great example of how much better the game is when everyone knows who is who.

Anyway I've been out of running for a while now, so good luck to everyone else still in it :)

Tmac Game profile

May 3rd 2020, 12:58:47

I took gerdler saying to send a pm with predictions so the last guys who post wouldn't know everyone's prediction for themselves. My estimates are just quick calcs in my head. Turns left•production, added to current nw and estimated stock. Like i said, i have some inside info on some, but here's my educated guess.

1. It is what it is 109m
2. Flying spaghetti monster 103m
3. Zeal 100m
4. Eevil war machine 96m
5. Unknown player 93m
6. I retal with sars cov2 87m
7. Derndingle 85m
8. This is the way 82m
9. Delphinus 78m
10. Better run through the jungle 75m

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 3rd 2020, 14:29:42

1. It is what it is (#20) 115m
2. Flying Spaghetti Monster 106m
3. Zeal (#58) 105m
4. EEVIL WAR MACHINE (#4) 102m
5. This Is The Way (#54) 90m
6. Unknown Player (#31) 89m
7. Derndingle (#73) 88m
8. DeLpHiNuS (#1) 86m
9. I retal with SARS CoV2 (#25) 85m
10. Better Run Through The Jungle (#11) 70m

The main reason for not making predictions in the open was actually just that the predictions would start looking a lot alike and it would maybe be better to make the last prediction. :)
It doesn't really matter tho. :)

Also, we are all predicting really high t10 cutoff, and really high average NWs for the t10. I think that we are not wrong about the potentials, but that several of the finishes will be lower than we have predicted because of ppl messing up or forgetting to play in the end.

Edited By: Gerdler on May 3rd 2020, 14:32:24

Ponti Game profile

May 3rd 2020, 15:01:55

They took:

618 Acres

Your military lost:

1,439,092 Troops

A proper guerrilla strike right there folks but a planned strike instead.
A tyrannical individual is taking over and looking forward to next set.

Good luck and work and job to everyone.

Tmac, Hessman, Zeal, Serp, Rob

Those are my top 5, I shouldn't break top 10 I have 30 missiles I do want to fire off at someone and have some fun for a couple days.

Come on Molotov and Hess I'm rooting for you two above all else. My awesome Allies.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 3rd 2020, 15:11:37

1. It is what it is
2. Zeal
3. This is the Way
4. Flying Spaghetti Monster
5. EEVIL WAR MACHINE
6. Derndingle
7. I retal with SARS CoV2
8. Unknown Player
9. DeLpHiNuS
10. Better Run Through The Jungle

that's my ranking prediction.. i think gerdler flatter me, i will be happy with 70+mil nw

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

May 3rd 2020, 15:14:09

Thanks herbs! Hope you find a good landing spot for all those missiles!

And I think Zeal will finish 100m+ instead of the 95m I said earlier. Rob will also finish lower because he got Beepo'd again. :(

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 3rd 2020, 22:10:46

If I don't forget to login in final day like last set, I should be between 70m-75m :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Hessman123

May 4th 2020, 1:44:08

1. It is what it is (#20) 115m
2. Zeal (#58) 106m
3. Flying Spaghetti Monster 104m
5. This Is The Way (#54) 97m
4. EEVIL WAR MACHINE (#4) 94m
7. Derndingle (#73) 91m
8. DeLpHiNuS (#1) 87m
9. I retal with SARS CoV2 (#25) 86m
6. Unknown Player (#31) 80m
10. Better Run Through The Jungle (#11) 72m

Assassin Game profile

May 4th 2020, 4:04:23

Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:
Originally posted by Assassin:
Oops wrong turn

assassin where are u? come back next round and take over the commie spot.. i wanna try out dict/farmer next round

As you wish

Serpentor Game profile

May 4th 2020, 5:00:15

😂 I’d put me lower too. I’m almost guaranteed to not log in on the last day. End of set is always my least likely time of day to remember to play. Lol. I’m either on my way to a night shift , or on my way home from a day shift, and if it’s my day off, I’m helping get kids ready for dinner or some other fluff. I miss it almost every time. Lol 4:00 -5:00 is always busy.
The EEVIL Empire

Hessman123

May 5th 2020, 2:57:37

😂 I’d put me lower too. I’m almost guaranteed to not log in on the last day. End of set is always my least likely time of day to remember to play. Lol. I’m either on my way to a night shift , or on my way home from a day shift, and if it’s my day off, I’m helping get kids ready for dinner or some other fluff. I miss it almost every time. Lol 4:00 -5:00 is always busy.

Serp.. then don't put anything up for sale on the last day.. lol

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 5th 2020, 22:02:47

I'd agree with putting the stuff on the market if that is needed to play his last turns should he log on then. And Im not going to buy them so thats why Im saying it.
I dont think it matters to him any way, but from a risk-benefit standpoint it makes sense.

On the basis of his posts he thinks its more likely that he will miss his last login, and if $1 NW is always worth the same then he should definatly do as Hessman123 proposes and not risk anything. But for most of us $1 NW extra holds very different value depending on what the total NW is and I believe that is the case for Serp as well.
If I were to venture a guess he doesn't care, nor does most of us, if he/we finish at 70%, 75% or 65% of our personal best NW on a server. But to know what we actually feel about it lets make it a little more extreme.
Lets say Serp or any of us can take a risk that if it pays off we will beat our personal record, if we take the risk we and succeed we get 105% of our personal best, if we risk andfail we get 85%, and if we don't risk anything at all we get 95%. I think that choice is more obvious to most of us. :)
Because all $1 NWs are not of equal value, after all.

Serpentor Game profile

May 5th 2020, 23:12:19

True, I don’t really care. 😂

The EEVIL Empire

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

May 6th 2020, 1:55:07

That would be really bad if the site went down and whoever was in first right now had to be declared the winner!

Tmac Game profile

May 6th 2020, 2:08:27

Originally posted by Molotov:
That would be really bad if the site went down and whoever was in first right now had to be declared the winner!

Haha. Only bad if you're not in 1st already!

Hessman123

May 6th 2020, 2:11:02

Originally posted by Molotov:

That would only be nice for you.. lol

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 8th 2020, 0:53:07

food prices still staying rather strong.. i guess the lack of top farmer is skewing this set a little.. normally at this time food would have been at around 35 bucks or so already

Hessman123

May 8th 2020, 14:45:59

Molotov I think you’re going to beat me

I made some mistakes in the past few days that will cost me a couple million NW

Tmac will likely get past you today and get the win, but unless someone else jumps up other than myself you’ve got 2nd in the bag

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

May 8th 2020, 14:54:34

We shall see about that! You never know, you may surprise yourself.

Meanwhile I sold the wrong amount of military tech. Had like 1.1m points leftover, wish I sold more but people weren't buying it. Still did sell enough to be like 60k tech short of the $36 food private sale price point. So today I sold off turrets on the private just to buy some more mil tech and eat up all the $35 public market food. It took like 100 repetitions of buying $35 and selling $36 to churn through it and the entire time I was afraid I would misclick and sell all my tanks instead. Could've been a 1m net profit but because I had to sell turrets, only 100k net profit, which I already blew by taking a turn at my current expenses.

In conclusion if anyone has food they need to get rid of I'll buy as much as you want for $35. :)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 8th 2020, 15:39:19

I stocked too much oil by accident, had forgotten I had an SO and it got filled few days ago, I haven't been able to sell it yet :-/
(•_•)