Verified:

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 21:09:08

According to the formula in the wiki, the private market should not decrease at all if you don't log off. I've been logged in and watching my private market drop with every new turn that I get. Is the formula not accurate or is there something else I don't know?

units_on_private_market = (units_on_logoff*(0.985)^TGAL)+bonus*unit_rate*Land*TGAL

http://wiki.earthempires.com/...x.php/Talk:Private_market

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 21:28:10

I wonder if it's using my turns on hand to calculate "TGAL" instead of using actual turns gained...and it does it every turn not only after logouts/logins it seems.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 21:35:25

your priv mkt loses units as you play or gain turns if you haven't bought it out. gets reduced to normal amount of units.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 21:45:57

this thread has been done over and over and over....

YAY i'm marshall now!
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2016, 21:51:41

@ssj4:

You have it backwords. You must have 0 units when you sign off. If you don't, the amount you gain per turn will gradually get smaller.
One other important note.

Whenever you sign in-- you want to ensure you buy those units before the next turn hits, otherwise it all resets. So make note of the time when you sign off.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Qfwfq

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2016, 21:51:59

The game doesn't make a special distinction for people sitting there with the window open. It can't tell the difference between that and me logging out and back in every 4 minutes. The result is that every time you refresh and a turn has passed, that formula is processed, with the TGAL being equal to 1.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 21:51:59

But according to the formula, and the note in the wiki, if I don't logout then the value of TGAL should be 0. Any number to the power 0 is 1, so my private market should not deplete at all while I'm logged on.

Basically you're saying the formula given is wrong?

This quote is impossible is what you're saying, except PM be 0?
"If a country logs out with X troops and logs in before a new turn arrives, there will be no new troops and no decay on the old troops."

Edited By: ssj4goku17 on Aug 14th 2016, 22:46:54

Qfwfq

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2016, 21:54:41

Let me be more clear: There's no such thing as not logging out as far as the game is concerned.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 21:55:56

Originally posted by Qfwfq:
Let me be more clear: There's no such thing as "not logging out" as far as the game is concerned.

Well that's good to know, but it's not what the wiki says. Perhaps the wiki should be made more clear(or correct) if what you say is true. Thanks though.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 22:00:54

Originally posted by Celphi:
@ssj4:

You have it backwords. You must have 0 units when you sign off. If you don't, the amount you gain per turn will gradually get smaller.
One other important note.

Whenever you sign in-- you want to ensure you buy those units before the next turn hits, otherwise it all resets. So make note of the time when you sign off.

I get what you're saying, but the formula and wiki doesn't say that. You're saying TGAL can never be <1. But the wiki makes clear distinction between logout/logon(which as someone said the game doesn't do), and it also states it's possible to have no reduction in private market which would mean TGAL = 0, ("If a country logs out with X troops and logs in before a new turn arrives, there will be no new troops and no decay on the old troops."), which apparently isn't true.

My key point being 0.985^0 would = 1 and not 0.985, so there would be no deduction. This must have been the intent for the quote above to have been mentioned in the wiki.

If reality isn't matched up with the wiki, it's no wonder this gets asked a lot, per drkprinc

Edited By: ssj4goku17 on Aug 14th 2016, 22:11:12

Qfwfq

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2016, 22:13:03

It's not that the formula is wrong; it's only that it doesn't elaborate as to how the game handles log-ins. If anything, that would probably be a separate article.

In reality, you're always logged out. You can log into the game (as an action) but there is no such thing as being logged in (as a state of being). The log-in is a single moment in time. Try getting your head around that one.
https://giant.gfycat.com/...carceAfricanporcupine.gif

I'll provide you a concrete example to illustrate this apparent paradox more simply. Consider other servers where turns don't come so fast. For example, it could be 5:55pm and your Primary country is currently open in another tab, but the game portal will still say "Last played: 0.4h ago." I'm sure you've noticed this.

You didn't log out, but all the game knows is you had a log-in during that turn. If the clock ticks to 6:00pm, it will say your last play is 0.5h ago, even if the window is still open. That's because you're not logged in, as there is no such thing! But the moment you refresh the window, open a new page, or process an action, the portal will say your last play is 0.0h ago. You just logged in and gained a turn after log off!

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 22:16:16

I get what you're saying, I really do. I'm just saying this quote on the wiki is not true, and so it's misleading: "If a country logs out with X troops and logs in before a new turn arrives, there will be no new troops and no decay on the old troops."

Key being 'no decay'(excluding PM of 0), which is impossible if TGAL is always > 0. Does that make sense??

Edited By: ssj4goku17 on Aug 14th 2016, 22:47:14

Qfwfq

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2016, 22:20:03

Originally posted by ssj4goku17:
I get what you're saying, I really do. I'm just saying this quote on the wiki is not true, and so it's misleading: "If a country logs out with X troops and logs in before a new turn arrives, there will be no new troops and no decay on the old troops."

It is true, read it again!

"If a country logs out with X troops and logs in before a new turn arrives, there will be no new troops and no decay on the old troops."
Key part:
and logs in before a new turn arrives

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 22:23:43

Excluding PM of 0, it's impossible to not have any decay if TGAL can never be less than 1....just look at the formula. If you argue that there can be no decay in that, you're not understanding the formula.

Edited By: ssj4goku17 on Aug 14th 2016, 22:47:31

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 22:28:14

look at it in a quantum way its either decaying or not you won't know until you observe it :P
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Qfwfq

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2016, 22:29:11

TGAL can be <1 if no new turns have been created though... Just because there's no such thing as being logged in, and every refresh is a log-in, does not mean a turn has always been created at every refresh. The implications of that would be game breaking! ;)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2016, 22:31:41

The formula is flawed.

Look at it this way.

units_on_private_market = (((( units_on_logoff*(0.985)^TGAL ))))+((( unit_rate*Land*TGAL )))
units_on_private_market = (% of units lost) + (units gained).

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 22:32:03

units_on_private_market = (units_on_logoff*(0.985)^TGAL)+bonus*unit_rate*Land*TGAL

This part of the formula calculates decay:
(units_on_logoff*(0.985)^TGAL)

If TGAL can never be less than 1 (i.e. 0), then you HAVE decay. The quote from the wiki states it's possible to have NO decay, which is not true from what you all have said and what I've seen in-game, since there's no way to make TGAL = 0.

I don't think it'd be hard to just query for a logged-in state or not, but that doesn't matter. If the game doesn't check that, so be it. I'm just saying the wiki implies that it does...

mrford Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 22:33:10

You always gain the same number of units.

The units you have onhand after a login will decay with every turn that passes.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 22:33:13

Originally posted by Qfwfq:
TGAL can be <1 if no new turns have been created though... Just because there's no such thing as being logged in, and every refresh is a log-in, does not mean a turn has always been created at every refresh. The implications of that would be game breaking! ;)

So you're saying TGAL is 0 so long as you're not getting a turn? Lol that IS true...or else private market would always be 0. But cuteness aside, I think you get my point.

If you can Never be in a 'logged in' state(like updating a table with logged in status TRUE when you login...), why differentiate logged in/out in that way? It needs to be rewritten.

Edited By: ssj4goku17 on Aug 14th 2016, 23:19:34

Qfwfq

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2016, 22:33:53

Of course. But that means the wiki language isn't wrong.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 22:34:06

Yes

Edited By: ssj4goku17 on Aug 14th 2016, 22:36:11

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 22:34:33

Ok I think my point is taken, now trolling is starting so I'm out. Thanks all.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2016, 22:35:52

@ssj4:

The formula is flawed. Read my last comment.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2016, 22:38:01

There's quite a few errors on Wiki & you're one of the few people who actually reads them. Which is good. Don't mind the vets.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 22:38:50

@ssj4:

The formula is flawed. Read my last comment.

Yes I saw it. It looks true, I'm just saying from the wiki language, I was lead to believe TGAL could = 0.

Thanks everyone for the rip-roaring debate.

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 22:43:48

There's quite a few errors on Wiki & you're one of the few people who actually reads them. Which is good. Don't mind the vets.

Yea, well, from where I sit I wouldn't specifically type out in the wiki in a weird way whilst talking about the replenishment formula basically saying, "from second to second before you get a turn nothing changes". That's really unnecessary and so that in conjunction with the wiki distinguishing between logged out/on I thought the quote I referenced was actually a bit of useful information regarding the formula. Not like saying, "if you logout with 10mil net and do nothing and nothing happens when you log in, your net will still be 10mil!"

Thanks all, maybe another newb will stumble upon this and have all their questions answered too...and maybe, perhaps, they will have just made as many new friends I have..

/teh jokes

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2016, 22:47:06

Originally posted by Tin Man:
==Replenishment==

Units are gained on the private market as each new turn passes. The formula for replenishment is:

<pre>units_on_private_market = (units_on_logoff*(0.985)^TGAL)+bonus*unit_rate*Land*TGAL</pre>

*3.0 for troops
*2.5 for jets and turrets
*1.0 for tanks
*2.0 for bushels
|}

Expressed in words, a country always gains military on its private market for each turn passed at the standard rate(3 for troops, etc). However, any military that was sitting on the private market at the time of the last logout may be subject to decay.

If a country logs out with X troops and logs in before a new turn arrives, there will be no new troops and no decay on the old troops.

If a country logs out with X troops and logs in after one turn has passed, it will gain 3 troops per acre. However, the country will lose a small percentage of its old troops (0.015*X is the amount lost).

If a country logs out with X troops and 100 turns pass before it logs back in, it will gain 300 troops per acre. However, the country will lose a large percentage of its old troops (~0.7793*X is the amount lost).

I tend to use: old forum history, wiki & last resort (ask on forums).

References:
http://earthempires.com/...rivate-market-9720#169604

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 14th 2016, 22:48:58

Yea the language in there I disagree with and so I wanted to clarify it, which now I have. I didn't know I'd have to get a new a-hole ripped open to shed light on it though. Forum asking is definitely a last resort lol.