Verified:

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 4:12:27

Okay, so I'm probably going to lose my access to iMagNum's site for revealing secret information... but I thought everyone deserved to know the real reason that iMagNum hit ICN this reset.

It's retribution.

You see, in the Spring of 2001 iMagNum was in a war with Horizon. We got the FS and had 35 countries to their 30. They had a solid NW advantage. We thought this was a fair fight, though after our FS, we were clearly in control of the war... in many ways, much like ICN was in their war with SoF.

Then, a few days in, ICN (70 members) and SoL (120 members) decided they needed to intrude on an otherwise fair war and both FSed us. We kept fighting but, obviously, we lost. Instead of whining though, we chose to get even.

This war is our way of doing that.

Okay, that's not really why we did this but that war raises a valid point. Why is ICN so worked up over iMagNum jumping into this war? Every alliance with a decent amount of history behind it (except, maybe, Omega) has done the same thing at some point in their history. I just gave an example of when ICN and iMagNum were on opposite sides of this stick.

Of course, there was a difference in the war. iMagNum didn't complain. We didn't whine. We fought the war and gave ICN the respect it deserved for a really solid performance. Because of that respect, ICN and iMagNum became solid friends for a long time.

I wish that ICN would just relax and enjoy this war. Fight it as well as you can, and win or lose on its merits. That done, respect can be given where it's due and maybe ICN and iMagNum can go another 8 years without fighting.

The alternative is to keep telling yourselves that iMagNum is horrible for not playing fair -- or whatever else makes you feel better. But I'd hope that an alliance with as great a history as you guys have wouldn't ruin its legacy with stupid fluff like that.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

iXenomorph Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 5:20:52

There is win, and there is epic win.

This is epic win.
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

locket Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 6:16:55

the real reason is simply because you enjoy forcing your style of gameplay on others and laugh and say they should enjoy dying etc etc

iXenomorph Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 7:20:24

Originally posted by locket:
the real reason is simply because you enjoy forcing your style of gameplay on others and laugh and say they should enjoy dying etc etc

Yep.
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 1st 2010, 8:18:19

"Every alliance with a decent amount of history behind it (except, maybe, Omega) has done the same thing at some point in their history."

i think u might want to include Monsters in that lol
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 8:29:27

Originally posted by locket:
the real reason is simply because you enjoy forcing your style of gameplay on others

Yes. Within the confines of the game's rules we've established our goals and are willing to achieve those goals at the expense of others.

This is different from netgaining, how?

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Scarto Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 9:15:33

Interesting speech :-)
And indeed epic win for the fun factor

Now go read your own signature :-)
Ex-ICN VP, HC, HT, HoS, HoSec, FA, IA and general go around guy

Ex-Earth2025 player
Ex-EarthEmpires player

R.I.P. to a great game!

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 9:20:28

I don't need to read my sig... I've typed it, literally, thousands of times over the years. I know what it says.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Drow Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 9:23:02

thread has merit.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

dixiechick Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 9:55:12

Someone told me this week they did not like me this week because I did not have enough drama on these forums. That it took all the fun out of it.

Oh well. Still don't see the need to feed you trolls.

Sifos Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 10:27:49

Originally posted by dixiechick:
Oh well. Still don't see the need to feed you trolls.

But you did before... Did we make you change your mind about that? Cool.
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

dixiechick Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 10:32:58

We didn't feed you dear. we refused to acknowledge your existance on this planet. :)

Now go away you are being a nuisance. :) we have better things to do.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 1st 2010, 10:36:32

you forgot to add No Nonsense(NoN) in there as well, Fooglmog.

but, yes.. epic win!
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Sifos Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 10:58:54

Originally posted by dixiechick:
We didn't feed you dear.

That post about you "deciding" we had pacted you certainly was a real tasty bait.
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 1st 2010, 12:16:52

u like to eat it as well, sifos.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

Beltshumeltz Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 16:42:27

What you did not mention is how we actually had planned for ICN to hit us just so we could get revenge on them later! Nice post!

llaar Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 17:06:16

how many members in ICN and imag were in ICN and imag in 2001?

just curious how many oldies are still in your clans. that was before i even played... :P

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 17:47:55

It depends who you count as being in our clan... there's quite a few with site access who were around back then. I'll break it down for you though.

Members active this reset who fought in the ICN war in 2001 (5+1):
Zarcon, Fooglmog, Want To Kill, Frost Cat, Black Seifer, *Beltshumeltz

*Beltz didn't fight during this war, but he was a member prior to this war.

Members active in the last 12 months who maintain high level site access and fought in ICN war (6):
Blitzkrieg, BloodAngel86, iMe, OhYeah!, Stavros, CrazyGuy

Members who maintain accounts onsite (logged in in last 12 months) and fought in ICN war (4+2):
Jon316, Alphaniner, Scode, Reptile, Suni*, Krue*

*I believe both Suni and Krue joined in 2001 and fought in this war, but I'm not sure of either fact. They're on the list because I think they were, but I'm adding this caveat for the sake of transparancy.

Add those numbers up any way you see appropriate to decide how many "oldies are still in [our] clan".

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

gwagers Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 17:58:49

Just wondering, Foog, do you still have site access?
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 18:03:26

To iMagNum?

Yes.

I do some site admin work, occasionally run a country and offer my thoughts on whatever issues iMagNum's leadership is discussing. I have no leadership function or authority though. I don't even run warchats.

Why do you ask?

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

dixiechick Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 18:17:38

llaar to answer your question from ICN side. maybe one or two are still here. not sure. I can ask Nole or The Watcher. I was not here then and I know most in ICN were not here then. I just made 6 years here this month. TBH I never knew ICN fought Imag back then.

I do know that the ICN/SOF war dates back to what happened in EC about a year and 1/2 ago. I could always post that i guess. we had about 40 members then. They decided we had hugged trees long enough. they farmed us for over 100k land. we asked them to stop. they said they would. but that did not happen. we lost about 1/2 of our netters and the game lost players (whom have no desire to return I am told) and so then we warred SOF over it. Relations have not been the same since. There were/possibly still are some good people in SOF and I don't hold against them what their leaders did. but if you want to look at old sores like Imag posted and call it getting even then I guess I can relate because that is why we war SOF. *shrugs*

Beltshumeltz Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 19:41:17

Suni wasn't there in 2001, she joined around 2004 I think.

Patience Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 19:51:55

lmao... Oh, the good old days.

(For the record, a 'fair' fight would have been you giving us a heads up instead of prepping all reset to blindside us. But I won't spank you too hard - I think my friends spanked you hard enough back then. *chuckle*)
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

dixiechick Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 20:05:08

See that whole war is lost on me. I never even knew where you played Patience.

But if ICN warred everyone who ever blindsided them we would be some busy people. :)

NoleICN Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 20:36:46

*sigh* really? 9 year vendetta? heh well atleast i now know im not the only one with problems letting grudges go....

and as far to my knowledge only myself, TheWatcher and Perkster are the only actives (Perk is semiactive) left from 2001
Nole

Retired

Shinigami Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 21:10:48

I remember that war. I remember that I was curious to see what Horizon was going to do in return.

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 21:32:58

Originally posted by Beltshumeltz:
Suni wasn't there in 2001, she joined around 2004 I think.

Okay, Krue probably wasn't either than. They joined pretty close together.

Originally posted by Patience:

(For the record, a 'fair' fight would have been you giving us a heads up instead of prepping all reset to blindside us. But I won't spank you too hard - I think my friends spanked you hard enough back then. *chuckle*)

Well... "fair" is certainly a relative term in iMagNum. We picked an alliance which was more or less evenly matched, then took every advantage we could.

If it makes you feel better, that war came close to detroying iMagNum. Fang (our President) and Cannibal Q (hWar) both went AWOL a couple days after ICN and SoL jumped in without leaving any leadership to replace them. Zarcon and Stavros both stepped up in a big way and saved us, but without them we'd have been dead with less than a year in game and probably not even be a footnote in its history.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

dixiechick Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 21:41:43

so since we are almost tag killed by Imag, who is your next target. I see you name other clans in your grievence post.

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 21:59:12

I doubt it will be in retribution for that war... NoN and Horizon are substandard targets for obvious reasons, and we've fought SoL several times since then -- no need for retribution there.

In all honesty though, I have no clue who iMagNum will fight next. Typically, a grand total of 2 people know who we're warring before the FS. And they only decide about 72 hours before the FS happens. Most of iMagNum's leaders have no more idea who we're going to war than anyone else in the game.

It keeps things interesting :)

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

NukEvil Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 22:04:21

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
Zarcon and Stavros both stepped up in a big way and saved us, but without them we'd have been dead with less than a year in game and probably not even be a footnote in its history.

That's not true! You would have still ended up on my Tree Chart. Just with a slightly shorter red line under your alliance name.

Here, see for yourself: http://evolution2025.com/gen2.GIF
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

TAN Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 22:06:12

This thread has no merit.

Don't use an example 10 years ago about how iMag didn't whine when they got gangbanged and say everyone should act the same now.

ICN is understandably upset. Whining is what makes AT fun (and infuriating).

The classy thing to do is to wish them good luck and avoid making irritating suggestions, such as ICN roll over and die without protest.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

gwagers Game profile

Sep 2nd 2010, 0:23:07

Give the guy some credit, at least he said he was joking in the first post...

Wait, why am I defending him? DEATH TO IMAG!
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

KeSSie Game profile

Sep 2nd 2010, 1:29:55

I know Suni and I differ on this subject...but I could SWEAR that we joined iMag the same set; which was May of 2004.
EL YAY!

Angel1 Game profile

Sep 2nd 2010, 2:10:35

Originally posted by NoleICN:
*sigh* really? 9 year vendetta? heh well atleast i now know im not the only one with problems letting grudges go....

and as far to my knowledge only myself, TheWatcher and Perkster are the only actives (Perk is semiactive) left from 2001

Grudges can be deeply ingrained and some are only satisfied by the complete and total vanquishing of the enemy alliance. This has happened a time or two.
-Angel1

dixiechick Game profile

Sep 2nd 2010, 2:14:25

so you are saying they want ICN to pack up and leave the game?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 2nd 2010, 5:49:26

I am eating the kittens!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 2nd 2010, 8:37:10

Originally posted by Patience:

Heh. They spanked us hard... But not hard enough.

NoN got their own back a few times from us. Have warred SoL countless times. And horizon, your clan, didn't last long enough to get retribution.

We were marked as farm land from that set on by all the big alliances, but we didn't whine. We worked our tails off to build our tag protection by any means necessary(and, yes admins, top feeding and dropping land worked for us.). Took us a good few years and we got down to about 7 playing members for a set or two, but we've never quit.

I had nothing to do with the decision to war ICN this set, but it does make me happy. ... The one that got away.

:-)
-iZarcon
EE Developer

dixiechick Game profile

Sep 2nd 2010, 10:13:00

Well good. Now that you all feel so great you can go cancel all your therapy appointents if you have held a grudge that many years, through that many game owners. he he.

It did floor me to read the top post. I have been in ICN for 6 years and I have heard through the ages about certain wars, but never you guys.

I just wish someone was still in ICN that fought that war so I could defend but tbh no one really remembers. All old archieves died with ES and Earth 2025 (where is my bud Super Todd when you need him) :)

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 2nd 2010, 15:45:22

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
Okay, that's not really why we did this but that war raises a valid point.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

foog did say that wasn't our reason. our reason is clearly stated in Tavi's declaration of war. refer to the thread titled "Dear ICN"

tho, i love the fact that there are at least 5 iMag current members that remember this war.

i will never forget it. the reset i became prez of iMag b/c Fang left without saying a thing.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 2nd 2010, 18:59:28

batman on an elephant, this thread is invalid!
*wanders off*
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Sep 2nd 2010, 19:43:22

is this really better then just saying:

ICN iMag declars war because...
... We are iMag!
???
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 2nd 2010, 19:53:35

Originally posted by SakitSaPuwit:
is this really better then just saying:

ICN iMag declars war because...
... We are iMag!
???

http://forums.earthempires.com/...1283367128&z=dear-icn

that's our declaration of war.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

iXenomorph Game profile

Sep 2nd 2010, 19:54:40

It helps people keep their balls intaact, SsP.

A necessary pussification of war dec.

archaic Game profile

Sep 3rd 2010, 1:37:14

Meh, I could care less about iMag FSing us - its what they do and thats fine. What pissed me off was that Sov flat out lied to me about a uNap.

I used to have a pretty good relation with Soviet, but he has changed since the old line iMag leaders have left. IMO it has not been a good change.

As for Sof, we hate them and they hate us. We knew it was coming last set and they knew we were coming this set. I am sure that now that Sof has the upper hand and allies, they will be back next set to try to drive us out again. I am also pretty sure we are not leaving.

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Soviet Game profile

Sep 3rd 2010, 3:06:47

I think archaic is still a little sore from his beating.

It's ok little man. Take a 3 day break now that you're dead and recollect your thoughts. :)
Imaginary Numbers

ViLSE Game profile

Sep 3rd 2010, 8:48:24

Bwahahahahah! (Oh my this thread really made me laugh!)

This is so funny, I have to say that if you are using a reason from back in 2001 then you are quite sad. There is almost not a single player in ICN still from back in those old days. Maybe 2-3 at the most.

Sorry to have to say this but it was my decision to smack iMag around back in 2001 and my decision alone. I seem to recall that we smacked iMag around more than once too but I am not entirely 100% about it I would have to go dig up my old databases to verify that. And yes we were very friendly for quite a while afterwards, didnt ICN actually come to your aid as well in a war at a later date?

If you want to do some payback for the stuff that happened in 2001 then you might want to find my country and kill that one instead it would be far more valid than attacking ICN over it. :-)

But nevermind I am sure you dont mean it quite that way and are just doing your same old iMag fun-stuff.

Enjoy your wars guys, just try and keep things in perspective ok?

Cheers,
ViLSE
(Currently playing in Monsters)

KeSSie Game profile

Sep 3rd 2010, 9:06:03

/me wishes ppl were capable of comprehending Foog's original post..
EL YAY!

Martin-l Game profile

Sep 3rd 2010, 9:32:20

Originally posted by NoleICN:

*waves to Nole* I'm still around, though not in ICN anymore =D

dixiechick Game profile

Sep 3rd 2010, 10:54:14

*waves to VILSE*. Thanks for clearing that up. TBH, I never figured the 9 year vendetta had anything to do with it. You know this server has little birds talking all the time. We had been told we pissed off a clan who was building to war us when we hit SOF and they had to wait until they could use a "reason" to come in. We were not given a name but it was clear once Imag hit us. Also knowing Imag's love to war and other clans actively warring others they probaly figured it was our time on their docket.

Though no one will admitt it now we did a solid strike on SOF and the numbers were only 6 different at the time and untags had names that looked like the ones SOF had used so we figured it was pretty even. Without going into "old reasons" Ivan knows why this war really happened.

What is done is done but had Imag not stepped in SOF would have been toast. Nuff said. carry on "trolls"

ViLSE Game profile

Sep 3rd 2010, 10:59:45

Yes indeed dixie, iMag are just doing their same old fun-stuff and I quite like it to be honest. They love their wars and thats perfectly fine and how it should be in a game like this.

The fact that ICN were about to hit SOF this reset I thought was very obvious. Same as it is now very likely SOF will return the favour next reset. Perhaps you should just sign youself an FDP (or whatever they are called these days) with iMagnum and then do the reverse next set when SoF hits you. Now that would be hilarious. :-)

Anywho, have fun everyone.