Verified:

Twain Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 1:03:17

Note: Considerations to understand where I'm coming from:
1) I'm first and foremost a netgainer. I appreciate the effort and the time it takes to being a good war clan, but generally, I'm just more impressed by winning TNW than winning a war.
2) These are my views on both where the clan is now, but also where the clan is going. Clans that have been around for a long time, like TKO and NBK, get a bit more credit than clans that haven't been around.
3) I've only been semi-present for about 3 sets now, watching the boards because I like to keep up with what's going on, but I haven't played a country since probably the last set of 2013 due to time constraints. Due to this, my attention towards the smaller clans hasn't been terribly great, so if you're in one of the 3rd tier clans and think my rankings suck, you might just have a point.

Top Tier

ICD – Their clan listing reminds me of the clan listings PANLV has had in recent memory. Not as much emphasis on t10s, but dominant in the t100. Given their numbers vs. TKO’s, it’s definitely a sign of ICD’s higher level of activity this set. Normally I don’t give newer clans on the server as much credit, but these guys were the main core of FoCuS, which was a solid clan every set, and of course, there’s the ICD history going back to the E2025 servers.

CC – Got FS’ed by NBK and won anyway. That deserves some respect. I do wish we could’ve seen what would’ve happened without those tagjumpers, though. Even with them being dropped shortly thereafter, that was clearly a turning point. Was it a turning point because CC finally got a chance to catch up after being FSed or did those countries turn the tide?

TKO – TKO and ICD could (and would, by me) be swapped based on the TNW rankings. They’ve been a battle with PANLV for most TNW wins, and if I remember correctly, a win this set would put them back in the lead (I know I figured this out awhile back, I could be slightly off though). They tend to dominate the t10 when they get a chance to netgain, and this set is no different, as when I write this, they have 8 of the t10 spots. Also, in the ICD/TKO matchup for best

NBK – They’re the only war clan to exist from set 1 until now, which is impressive, but it just seems like they’re undergoing a bit of a dip in activity, despite the fact that they still put up a respectable war effort. As stated in the CC comments, I’d have loved to see what would’ve happened without the tagjumper. That one guy being in CC for a couple days might just be the difference between NBK and CC being swapped.

2nd tier
HS – I don’t know much about these guys, but it seems like they had a pretty solid war effort against SOTA (I’m forgetting, were they the first clan in or was it Dominion first, then HS jumped in?). I know they’ve been around for awhile, and 170 countries is a nice clan size, but they haven’t been a force long enough to merit consideration with the top 4. Given my lack of memory (that’s what I get for not actively playing, I only pay attention to the threads that amuse me on FFAT), I’d probably rank them lower since HS + Dom vs. SOTA isn’t a terribly difficult war, but I’m not sure who I’d move ahead of them, given their size advantage on Ares and the poor showing of…..

PANLV – Historically in the argument for best netgaining clan, depending on what metrics you prefer, but this set was terrible. It’s not a good sign for a clan to be dismantled by one guy and not be able to fight back, but because of apathy and very effective hitting by YOLO, that’s what’s happened this set. This ranking is because of the history of PANLV, and the fact that, if the core players of Angryjesus, Bigwiggle, and Juusto all have strong sets and high activity, I wouldn’t want to take on PANLV in either warring or netting. So the question is: can they/will they come back next set with higher activity?

Ares - Good guys who like to war, but have never displayed the skill of NBK or CC.

3rd tier
TITS – No idea who these guys are, but they deserve mention, being 3rd in TNW (wow, what a drop off from 2nd to 3rd). One guy in their clan seems to be a pretty solid netter, with around 100M anw, but the other two guys either must’ve started late or aren’t terribly good netters. It’ll be interesting to see if this group is a one-set tag or if they’re sticking around. Either way, they were quiet and stayed out of the politics, which is probably a wise choice on their part.

SOTA – Obviously a clan with some problems right now. Stryke seemingly had them on the right path before this set, but had a disastrous set where she was with them, quit, joined the other side, then seemed to come back? Maybe I have it wrong, but something like that. The clan was completely wiped out in war, and has shown in back to back sets that warring is not something they’re equipped for.

YOLO – I wouldn’t really consider them a clan, since I doubt llaar will be tagged that way next set. This is his vendetta tag for coming after PAN this set.

DoMStyle – looks like a 3-man tag with countries all under 4M networth, but they fought in a war and ended up on the winning side, so I guess that’s something for them. I’d still say that their overall performance this set doesn’t look terribly impressive given that they basically got blasted for one day by SOTA before SOTA had to turn their attention to HS.

Chaos – mob keeps bringing them up like they existed, so even though I’m pretty sure they didn’t this last set, I’m gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. Mob causes chaos, so if that’s his goal, he’s doing it well. However, he did make the point that he thought he was better than some other players because he’s led a clan, but ultimately, every time Chaos or some other iteration of that comes into the game, they cause a bit of chaos, get wiped out, and aren’t heard from for a few sets, so for the most part, other than potentially ruining someone’s netting set, or giving a war clan a target, I’m not sure they’ve really accomplished much.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 3rd 2014, 1:08:25

I could agree with your rankings
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Twain Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 1:17:55

Now that I look at them again, apparently I was going to say more on TKO's description.

Raging Budda Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 1:33:21

Really good writing, maybe a bit more focus on the past few set than just the last one. Then again, CC barely existed last set...so ha. Though I am impressessed by TKO's domination of the top 10 this set...good work guys.
Your base is mine!

Desperado Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 3:14:17

I'll allow it :)

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

issactan Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 14:53:48

Originally posted by Twain:
Note: Considerations to understand where I'm coming from:
2nd tier
HS – I don’t know much about these guys, but it seems like they had a pretty solid war effort against SOTA (I’m forgetting, were they the first clan in or was it Dominion first, then HS jumped in?). I know they’ve been around for awhile, and 170 countries is a nice clan size, but they haven’t been a force long enough to merit consideration with the top 4. Given my lack of memory (that’s what I get for not actively playing, I only pay attention to the threads that amuse me on FFAT), I’d probably rank them lower since HS + Dom vs. SOTA isn’t a terribly difficult war, but I’m not sure who I’d move ahead of them, given their size advantage on Ares and the poor showing of…..

We hit DoM, HS threaten to hit us, stryke asked us to stop. we stopped for 48hours, then HS FSed us. we would have wiped out DoM if not for stryke.

Stryke Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 17:18:40

What issactan said.
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 3rd 2014, 17:44:42

Lol

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 3rd 2014, 17:45:12

oh yeah, yall would have wiped out a 3 man netting tag. big fluffin whoop
wasn't me...

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 3rd 2014, 17:48:14

Originally posted by Jayr:
oh yeah, yall would have wiped out a 3 man netting tag. big fluffin whoop

Yep I guess a tag that gets themself killed for the past 2 sets needs to pat themselves on the back somehow

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 3rd 2014, 17:50:27

lmao...skulls had MAYBE 100k turrets per country. Idk what lil had, she was pretty small, so yeah gloat about that all you want
wasn't me...

Twain Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 18:07:47

Thanks for the clarification on that. I knew it was something that seemed fairly convoluted, but I couldn't remember how exactly it went down.

llaar Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 18:49:49

So I've killed two different clans in Tier 2 solo, and I have the all time NW records, am 2nd in # of top 10's and have the all time land records, and that makes me a tier 3? Logic fail?

mrford Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 18:51:51

llaar is #1 in my heart
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Stryke Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 18:57:06

Pat ourselves on the back? No. We fluffed up, we paid the price. That simple. And I'm fine with that.
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Desperado Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 19:10:05

Originally posted by llaar:
So I've killed two different clans in Tier 2 solo, and I have the all time NW records, am 2nd in # of top 10's and have the all time land records, and that makes me a tier 3? Logic fail?

as a clan? yes :P

as a player, hell naw

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

llaar Game profile

Jun 3rd 2014, 19:40:33

;)

Twain Game profile

Jun 4th 2014, 0:35:38

What Desperado said.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jun 4th 2014, 3:34:01

Well I will be honest, HS TagKilled LoC this set(a couple strings in that tag self deleted), we also killed suiciders all set and tagkilled SOTA(they had very large breaks and tons of stock) they put up their defenses this set, but not really an offensive factor. We also killed that CC tagjumper which was stocked heavily from the spyops I saw. I think your ranking of HS is pretty accurate, but I feel as though we did excellent this set and proved that we can definately be a force to be reckoned with.
Do as I say, not as I do.

PapaSmurf Game profile

Jun 4th 2014, 4:25:30

Getting a job was great for real life, but not so great for warring/earth. I can't wall during my job, and the few times I could my mobile internet was to slow. And now on top of that my laptop died, for now I can only play from my phone :(

mrford Game profile

Jun 4th 2014, 15:09:57

I fought NBK an entire reset once solely on an ipod touch. Sack up man!

Edited By: mrford on Jun 4th 2014, 18:24:11
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Raging Budda Game profile

Jun 4th 2014, 16:03:41

Originally posted by PapaSmurf:
Getting a job was great for real life, but not so great for warring/earth. I can't wall during my job, and the few times I could my mobile internet was to slow. And now on top of that my laptop died, for now I can only play from my phone :(

I have had very poor expierences on the phone. Maybe chaning my setting to use mobile will help that out when I do use it.
Your base is mine!

slip Game profile

Jun 18th 2014, 19:48:43

Originally posted by mrford:
llaar is #1 in my heart

Boltar Game profile

Jun 19th 2014, 0:59:23

SLIPPER!!!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2014, 8:48:05

Yeah, you gotta give props to llaar, he's one of the best players in the game, hands down.

llaar is ranked too low.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Bigwiggle Game profile

Jun 19th 2014, 15:50:11

IMP is way too high
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -