Verified:

Icemanxicd Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 22:27:47

Nothing every really changes around here does it.

Point the finger, blame him, he did this, 5 sets ago he did this, 10 years ago he did this, yesterday you looked at my girlfriend wrong, my tampon is itchy today, blah blah blah. Bunch of assumptions about what people think one is going to do based on NO actual information.

All a bunch of lame ass chicken fluff excuses from folks with no balls or integrity. If thats all this game is, why the fluff does anyone even play it anymore, to me it seems worthless as fluff.

Back in the old days there was respect among clans to at least allow wars to happen on some level instead of this chicken fluff.

Absolutly fluffing worthless game and individuals

Nuff Said
Iceman

Rosco Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 22:33:57

lol you mad bro?
FFA- Ares VP
Alliance- SOF
Team- MKR

Icemanxicd Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 22:39:46

I have sat and read all this BS thats in the forums, and all it is is garbage so that someone can feel good about themselves for jumping into a war and have some sort of excuse for doing it instead of having the integrity to actually call someone out.

Mad and sad, yea, i came back for this set hoping things would be different cause thats the reason i moved on many years ago was the petty stupidity, and I can guarantee I won't even be finishing this set due to the same garbage.

I don't care to fight in wars that someone feels the need to be a part of because they don't like something that someone did to them 12 years ago.

I have not seen ONE post with Integrity, just a lot of BS talk to make people feel good about their actions.

Damn Shame

Icemanxicd Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 22:42:29

There used to be legitimate call outs, wars for certain number of days, actually fighting to see who was a better clan. All this is is a pissing contest because someone got their bowl of cereal peed in. YEA lets fight for the next five weeks for what, nothing so that we can do it all over again next set for absolutely no reason except to fluff about it in the forums.

What a damn joke.

Rosco Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 22:46:35

It's a game Ice. I play because I enjoy it. fluff talking is part of the game. I have stuck with Ares because we all enjoy the game. Win or Lose it makes no nevermind. We are a tight group that has been playing in Ares since 2001. (core members). It's a game.
FFA- Ares VP
Alliance- SOF
Team- MKR

Icemanxicd Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 22:52:48

I don't care about the winning and losing part. I have won way more fights than i have lost over the years.
I just think the antics are absolutely stupid. I am a baseball, football and wrestling coach in my spare time, and i am sorry if i ever had anyone act even remotely this way in my presence (IE i slammed the kid because last year he did X) that kid would be off the team and suspended for life.

Just because its a game doesnt mean it has to have ZERO integrity amongst its players.

Rosco Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 23:12:29

Preach on brother Ice......Glad I could be a avenue of venting for ya.
FFA- Ares VP
Alliance- SOF
Team- MKR

Colo Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 23:22:32

You would really suspend a kid for life and not use that to light a fire under his ass? Sad what we teach kids these days but that's the difference between state champs and teams who play for the participation award. How much longer are you subbing in for the coaches??

Edited By: Colo on Feb 16th 2014, 23:28:36

Icemanxicd Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 23:38:28

Slamming is illegal, and i have literally watched a kid get slammed illegally and broke a kids neck. He is now paralyzed from the neck down. Don't ever question my coaching you fluff, i have been a coach for 25 years and have multiple state championships under my belt with many college scholarships. You don't use illegal actions to light fires under kids butts, especially when they do it with intent to harm.

Twain Game profile

Feb 16th 2014, 23:49:30

Yeah, generally I think you've got a very selective memory of E2025. There is far more integrity in the game now than there ever was then. If for no other reason, remember this: Many of us were the same players back then, except many of us were punk kids who didn't understand what integrity was.

You may not like how this played out, and if you want to question the integrity behind how things are happening right now, I don't care enough to argue about that, but ultimately, you've been back a short enough span of time to where you haven't seen the way the politics of the server have been about trying to foster a much more positive relationship than we ever used to. Even though obviously you're battling PAN and NBK now, ask Crippler or any of the others that have been here awhile what he thinks of us/them over the course of time in EE.

And Colo: Really? Let's keep it about the game.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Feb 17th 2014, 0:22:01

you gotta remember the last time this iceman played was 2000-2001ish, I wouldnt call his memory selective, lol it is what it is over 10+ years.

that being said I still <3 him :)
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Colo Game profile

Feb 17th 2014, 0:22:19

Reread his post Twain, I didn't bring up him being a coach, I just trolled his post. I was really just waiting for his reply to hear how many state championships he has.

RaTS FYA Game profile

Feb 17th 2014, 3:58:13

Ares was around for 13 years? In what game because it certianly wasn't earth
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

JJosh Game profile

Feb 17th 2014, 5:52:21

Originally posted by Rosco:
It's a game Ice. I play because I enjoy it. fluff talking is part of the game. I have stuck with Ares because we all enjoy the game. Win or Lose it makes no nevermind. We are a tight group that has been playing in Ares since 2001. (core members). It's a game.

*tear*tear*

many fun years
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

JJosh Game profile

Feb 17th 2014, 5:52:23

*tear*tear*

many fun years
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

RLintz Game profile

Feb 17th 2014, 6:20:24

Originally posted by RaTS FYA:
Ares was around for 13 years? In what game because it certianly wasn't earth

I used to play BRE in the 90's. Even hosted it on my own BBS.
When the internet came, BBS activity dropped quickly.
I started working for a new company in 2000, where a co-worker started talking about a game that sounded much like BRE. So, I visited Swirve and started playing in Primary. Because a few of us were playing, we moved over to FFA in early 2001. We changed our clan name to Ares in late 2001.

Rosco Game profile

Feb 17th 2014, 8:08:50

I did not join Ares until mid 2004.....Rob is the last of the Ares Original.

* I was in MKR in 1A which is where Rob and I were introduced. Been with Ares in FFA since. Played in NA a few sets with llaar and in Paradigm during inactivity.

Edited By: Rosco on Feb 17th 2014, 8:15:51
See Original Post
FFA- Ares VP
Alliance- SOF
Team- MKR

PrinceDBO Game profile

Feb 17th 2014, 8:23:35

New here feeling my way around

RaTS FYA Game profile

Feb 17th 2014, 10:31:36

I don't remember any ares tag
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

Badger13 Game profile

Feb 17th 2014, 11:41:27

Nothing ever changes in here at all .

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 17th 2014, 13:07:38

I did not join Ares until mid 2004.....Rob is the last of the Ares Original.

* I was in MKR in 1A which is where Rob and I were introduced. Been with Ares in FFA since. Played in NA a few sets with llaar and in Paradigm during inactivity.

I left in 02/03, I for the life of me do not recall ARES, in GPA we had about 7 people, I know some kept playing after I left and I still don't remember an Ares tag :/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Desperado Game profile

Feb 17th 2014, 13:11:31

most won't remember ares because it was small and went relatively unnoticed in the swirve days

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

General TwizTid

Feb 18th 2014, 1:24:43

fluff off.

And I mean fluff off with the saying there was more "loyalty or honor" back in your days. The only reason it seems like that now is because back then there were 100's of clan, now we have 10ish. The scale is much different.

You also base this off one event, meanwhile there were "dishonourable" events every set back in the day. I remember because I was there as well.
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!

RLintz Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 16:20:14

* I was in MKR in 1A which is where Rob and I were introduced. Been with Ares in FFA since. Played in NA a few sets with llaar and in Paradigm during inactivity. [/quote]

I left in 02/03, I for the life of me do not recall ARES, in GPA we had about 7 people, I know some kept playing after I left and I still don't remember an Ares tag :/ [/quote]

Our first couple years, we had 3 members (Including myself), and running a total of maybe 25 to 30 countries (Out of the 25,000 countries on FFA at the time).
We didn't start to grow until about the time Rosco, JJ, Raven, Serendipity, and all the other guys started joining around 04 to 05.
In the early days, I got excited when my countries reached 1M net worth.

RaTS FYA Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 16:51:12

I remember the first time my string hit 1 mil net and I thought I was balling. Had like 100k troops and was ready to lay waste to entire clans lol

Desperado Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 16:57:02

hell, if i recall, it took me like 3 resets to get 1mil

pants antler

RaTS FYA Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 17:00:34

Don't let desp fool you, he stilll can't get above 1 mil net

Desperado Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 17:04:32

Originally posted by RaTS FYA:
Don't let desp fool you, he stilll can't get above 1 mil net

avg net :P

pants antler

RLintz Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 17:25:43

As a new player, I think 1M net is that land mark that says, you might be doing something right.
I think it took me a few sets also to break that 1M barrier.
It took me a while to accept that it was ok to let food or money enter a negative net / turn.

RaTS FYA Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 17:36:06

It was also harder back then cause it was a turn an hour. So it actually took a few weeks if you were going rainbow to know that, and still didn't know what tech did

rebelnbk Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 17:38:04

or you started to tech with 200 labs.

RaTS FYA Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 17:48:08

or what about everyones first commie indy try. You would get to a point where you were actually losing networth to continue playing, and be like fluff this strat sucks.

RLintz Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 18:00:36

My first Commie/Indy was with a few friends also trying it for the first time....

It was terrible, for all of us. We about lost our minds...

Dragon Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 20:58:37

I would say there's no less or no more "honor" now than there was back in the day. You're forgetting ICD history here Iceman. I pointed out what I mean by that in my thread asking if history was repeating itself.

ICD got gang banged by TC for really no good reason back in the day. What's happening now might be the same end result, but the motivations are different.

If you want to believe it's a grudge issue, then the authors of the war against ICD this set are writing a story about a grudge against RaTS. Or it would seem. The only way THAT happens is if there are people carrying forward grudges that are over a decade old. Which doesn't speak highly of "honor back in the day". I mean, yeah, Terry can be abrasive, but you have to have a history with him (IMO) to go where this is now.

MY take is that RaTS' comments and attitudes were just the icing on the cake for some (rightfully) pissed off people to do a little Seek and Destroy on the CC Guys who definitely qualify in your definition of modern lack of honor. Your clan mates broke a unap to hit NBK unexpectedly last set, so before you go trashing NBK and Ares, you should consider that. You're clanned up with people showing the precise "dishonor" you're complaining about, dude.

That leaves PANLV to discuss. Are they piling on here? Sure seems that way, but I know those guys. I played with them for a few sets. They don't do fluff without a reason. And they know as well as the rest of us that the decision they made to jump in has cost them an eternity of netting sets. But despite that, they did what they felt was right. That's Integrity IMO, man. It ain't like 2000 when they had the full weight of TC behind any ignorant thing they decided to do. In 2014, they're a few guys with some countries and know the price of Action that they will pay.

It ain't no secret that PANLV likely won't be netting again anytime soon. They KNEW that, I'm sure. Yet they came on board. Without a safety net. That's actually an example of Integrity that the server didn't have back in the day.

RaTS FYA Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 21:53:36

They have a bigger safety net, as single players can't launch 500+ countries at them at anytime, and their allies and them make up a larger percent of total countries and total clans, then TC ever did.

Icemanxicd Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 22:23:29

Some people just dont get it.

A group of guys (wearing Red) walks down the street (lets say one of them just did something wrong), another group of guys (Wearing Blue) jumps them from the alley, no word or nothing and says its because of one or two in the group. The fight insues, seems pretty equal even though the start was pretty retarded. Then out of the alley for no reason another group of guys (Wearing Tights) jumps in hitting the Guys in the Red. Why, I dont know maybe they are pissed off because they are wearing tights. Sure makes a heck of alot of sense, all in a world where there are no rules or police to govern just like the wild wild west.

Giddy Up, YEEEHAAAAAA