Verified:

Frybert Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 0:05:34

Originally posted by Helmut:
Bring back the old turn bonus system, rewarding players for not logging in for 8-10 hrs or some such. It was originally intended too even out server load, but now could be used reward those players that have lives to live & can't babysit their countries 24 hrs a day.

Last set I didn't log in for 12 hours and got 3 bonus turns. It only happened once (I only didn't play for 12 hours once).

now im nothing Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 0:20:55

Originally posted by braden:
i very strongly urge you not to slow down the game or remove the 360(360)

we might as well let xin play our turns for us, he's sure determining how we play them ourselves.

haha... The only change I support is deletion for leechin :)
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

blid

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2013, 1:08:49

Bring back the old turn bonus system, rewarding players for not logging in for 8-10 hrs or some such. It was originally intended too even out server load, but now could be used reward those players that have lives to live & can't babysit their countries 24 hrs a day.
12 hours = 3 turns, 18 hours = 6 turns! This is already around unless you mean something different
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

now im nothing Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 1:17:06

Maybe a higher bonus in express? cause really, how much are 12-18 turns going to help you. Really I have no big complaints about the server(s) or recommendations for changes other than the leeching.

Edited By: now im nothing on Dec 17th 2013, 1:21:13
See Original Post
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

Alin Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 1:24:23

1. O-allies are already removed, so the only leeching that remains is tech leeching. Tech allies can be fixed such that the TECHING player gets a TPT boost (10% of tech allies' TPT). So basically, a 991]player needs to actively tech his turns to get any extra tech from his allies. ALTERNATIVELY, tech allies can also be fixed by multiplying the current gain from tech allies (when the allies tech their turns) by your (labs/land) ratio. This one is much much easier to implement, it is a 1-line code change.

2. Slow down the Express turn rate by half (and everything time-related by half). Have 2-week long resets instead. This means cheating players have a much larger window of time to be caught, and moderators have enough time to delete them before they can cause too much harm. The pace is simply TOO quick, innocent players suicided by multies or whatever can do TOO much harm. On Alliance or Primary or other servers, the pace is slow enough that if it takes 24 hours for a moderator to respond to a report, the damage is minimal. Not so on Express. Otherwise, you really need to have 4 or 5 moderators on Express covering all time zones.

3. Another reason why Express is broken is because of the qz/pang policy that a player should be able to be absent from the game for 2 days and still come back without having lost any turns. This leads to the 360(360) stored turn scenario, which is very unhealthy for the server. Change this to 240(240) or 240(160). Anybody playing Express should know that they are expected to log on to the server twice a day. Otherwise don't play it. Or implement suggestion (2) above.

4. Change the DR reset to something reasonable like 2 hours instead of 24 hours. DR-abuse is rampant. There is a lot of talk/discussion on how to combat DR-abuse. See http://www.earthempires.com/...omment-15332?t=1376854014 and guess what happened? Absolutely nothing, for 1.8 years. So Tellarion, I am very dubious when you say that you "CAN guarantee that they will be discussed in detail, with the end result being some worthy changes." I mean, yes, changes will be discussed in detail. But the end result is that nothing happens. Look, we've been discussing for years. Martian started the thread, Warster's posted in it, iZarcon even. Here is a related thread, around the same time: http://www.earthempires.com/...rs-should-be-...--16867/1 where again, Warster was seen posting in it, and defending qz/pang that they were busy.

5. There needs to be feedback from the mods if a cheating report is "in progress" or "resolved". I've heard Palemoon posted (see http://www.earthempires.com/forum/post/514628/perm) that reporting cheaters using the in-game tool doesn't work sometimes, where he had to contact a mod on IRC, and the mod said they never received the in-game report. What then? Is the reporting tool broken? Maybe the field that says to put in country numbers separated by commas doesn't work? Does it matter if I type in "1,2" in the box or "1, 2" with a space, or "#1, #2"? Or what?

6. Owners of deleted countries should be exposed at the end of a reset. Maybe not during a set because there is a possibility that the deleted country could be undeleted after an appeal. In fact, I think profiles of all countries should be public after a reset is over. There also needs to be more repercussions for cheating. Again, there has been a bunch of discussion on the B&S forums about it in the last 2 weeks, and again there hasn't been any result or actual action, or planned changes announced.

7.This is yet another problem, being unable to access pass reset data. Another reason that being such a fast paced server contributes to (see suggestion 2 and 3). Moderators need to be able to access past data of at least the previous 1 or 2 resets, if only to also be able to check for online behaviors, login patterns that could indicate multies across multiple resets, and the like. Moderators should also be able to access/view all ingame messages sent between COUNTRIES on that server (not forum PMs) in past resets as well as present ones (otherwise, how do you deal with reports of countries sending spam/advertisements?) if this isn't already the case.

1. Strongly agree. I however understood there are some coding problems.
2. Strongly disagree. It is a server called "express" after all.
3. I agree. It is a server called "express" after all.
4. DR abuse is close to 0 now. It might happen a little, but that pure DR where country A would have GSed 5 to 10 times country B just after topfeeds on C,D and E, is not happening anymore. Furthermore, almost all the good players play in GDI now, thus DR cheat is easy to spot - otherwise if you are top 10 and non GDI, looking for free DRs, there will surely exist someone with enough missiles or tanks to put you into another type of DR.
All attacks kill production nowadays(GSs too) - lots of DHs will surely attract attention, therefore DR abuse is kind of history.
5. needs to be developed even more. I don`t know what`s with all this secrecy about who`s who. I would allow every player in this server to request "once / set" info to link a particular country with a forum user, and get that info free from the system. That would give all of us a good picture about some players. For example, i am sure that the last reset leecher is a well known person over the forums. I would personally never ally or be involved in any kind of cooperation with those type of users that try to push the rules and abuse them in order to win. I already have a "fluff-list" for this server, persons i would never ally or cooperate much with. This way there will be some sort of natural selection, and people will realize that pushing and manipulating rules in order to win, will gain them nothing in the future therefore many of them will deliberately quit doing fluff.
6. I agree. Furthermore i would sanction a proven cheater with a ban for and "x" number of resets from the server. Sever punishment works good in this game. On the alliance server, when the leaders of one alliance were caught cheating and the admins deleted only the leaders, making no other correction, nothing really happen in order to fix it. Latter on, they took the most sever actions against other cheating leaders, many innocents were caught at the middle however, a point was made and i suppose all the leaders there understood once for all that
"cheating might totally hurt your alliance". Using that example, i would apply severe actions against cheating here - it will eventually work - long therm.
7. If i would trust someone enough to give him/her the modding of a server than i will surely trust that person to be given all sort of access he requests on that server. Another thing I don`t really understand is why the mods of one server are not allowed to play on that server.
I mean really Pang/Qz/martian if you trust those persons and will stand behind their actions, you can also trust them to play the server clean without using the mod tools to gain some sort of advantage in-game. A chosen mod should be mature enough to not even think at fluff.

Originally posted by raz:
Remove Alin from express, should solve 95% of the cheaters problems - what a fluff.

Fixed that for you.
I wonder if there are any serious players of express server thinking that about me - for real.

P.S: excuse my english and general spelling tonight, i just returned from a winter BBQ with lots of hot alcohol. Will try it to correct tomorrow when i will be more sober.

Edited By: Alin on Dec 17th 2013, 1:28:33

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2013, 1:27:16

not me, Alin.

Helmut Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 2:14:18

Originally posted by blid:
12 hours = 3 turns, 18 hours = 6 turns! This is already around unless you mean something different

I guess i never waited 12 hrs between log ins.....but yea... shorten the time & increase the turns to make it worthwhile.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 2:45:17

Originally posted by Alin:
7. If i would trust someone enough to give him/her the modding of a server than i will surely trust that person to be given all sort of access he requests on that server. Another thing I don`t really understand is why the mods of one server are not allowed to play on that server.
I mean really Pang/Qz/martian if you trust those persons and will stand behind their actions, you can also trust them to play the server clean without using the mod tools to gain some sort of advantage in-game. A chosen mod should be mature enough to not even think at fluff.

There are some ethical concerns, because no matter how mature a mod is, there will always be some inevitable data known to the mod that he couldn't otherwise have known, which would improve his play at a subconscious level.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 2:45:59

i very strongly urge you not to slow down the game or remove the 360(360)

we might as well let xin play our turns for us, he's sure determining how we play them ourselves.

Damn it, you discovered my nefarious plot to take over the world!

Vic Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 2:59:08

Originally posted by now im nothing:
Maybe a higher bonus in express? cause really, how much are 12-18 turns going to help you. Really I have no big complaints about the server(s) or recommendations for changes other than the leeching.

18 turns could help SIGNIFICANTLY in express. that could be another million NW or more for a good commie with maxed tech

blid

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2013, 4:15:42

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Originally posted by Alin:

There are some ethical concerns, because no matter how mature a mod is, there will always be some inevitable data known to the mod that he couldn't otherwise have known, which would improve his play at a subconscious level.
Bobby had an interesting proposal a few sets back in Primary. He offered to mod every other round, and play the rounds he didn't mod. Would have been nice to have a moderator that was familiar with the current state of the game he was modding.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

h2orich Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 4:39:15

if you are afraid of people retalling you, dont hit people that are storing turns. simple

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 5:36:12

Originally posted by Vic:
Originally posted by now im nothing:

18 turns could help SIGNIFICANTLY in express. that could be another million NW or more for a good commie with maxed tech

Yeah, but logging in every 18 hours for 3 days? You definitely won't be grabbing, so it has to be mostly explored land, and it cannot be a commie indy since you can't run 18x15 = 240 turns without running out of cash every 50 turns.

TDA101 Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 6:51:25

I think the PS timer is slightly too fast. It's too snowbally and it's way too abusive from suiciders. Just check out the damages from a suicider last set.

Compared to Primary which is 20 hours which is 1 attack per 40 turns.

Alliance is 1 attack per 60 turns.

Express is 1 attack per 30 turns. Maybe a 3 hour timer? (45 turns).

TDA101 Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 7:03:31

Originally posted by Getafix:
Don't slow Express down. We would have to be up 24/7 for two weeks instead of 4 days

Not really. Instead of grabbing every 2 hours optimally, you want to be grabbing every 4 hours instead. This means that if you are like any normal human being and sleep an uninterrupted 6-8 hours a day, you would be missing only 1 grabbing session instead of 3 grabbing sessions during your sleeping hours. This results in a better country for everyone, instead of the current system that rewards the players that opted to go sleepless.

This is also the only server where the 12/18-hour logout bonus turns is literally worse than staying logged in the entire time.

And because of how fast the server is, the server even had to make a special rule for Commies to be able to sell 60% of their units instead of 35% like all the other servers. The other servers are balanced around the fact that you maybe have to make a full 1/4 sale once a day (single sell) or twice (double sell), which works out to roughly one commie sale every 30-50 turns. This doesn't translate so well to Express for players that don't login frequently (say 4 times a day only). You go to sleep for 8 hours, you login with 100 turns, oh fluff, now I have to sell every 30 min to get rid of all my excess NW! That's why the 60% Commie Indy rule came in. A Commie cannot run turns if their units don't sell once your expenses catches up to you, and the 35% just doesn't work when a sale that small only allows you to run your next 30 turns before you have to sell again.

Edit: As a side-effect, this makes the Commie cash-out destock much stronger than intended. The Commie can store 60% of his entire army on the market so as not to incur food upkeep on that much more military units. This is one of the partial reasons why Commies are very strong on this server, coupled with the ability to switch between almost all-turrets to all-jets within 2 hours (2 max sales are you are down to ~16% of your original units of the type you are switching from). It is borderline overpowered.

I think most of the expenses come from Spies. Instead of letting Commies run rediculous amounts of spies, there might need to be a smaller % to goods sold. Instead of letting Commies lazily set spies to 5-10% and just spam away the turns for 30+ SPAL, with the faster pace of turns isn't a good thing if players have to think and readjust their % of miltiary produced? Also the % increase is rediculous for end of set Tech selling at 1k too @_@.

Techers and Commies crush pretty much anything on this server by a wide margin due to prices being very stable for 3/5 or close to 4/5 days before crashing. Hell there isn't that much of a Military crash if ever. The only set that a farmer has was for about a year was mine when there was some miracle Miltiary for <120k and tech <2k.

Though what I am discussing is kinda balance atm. :S.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 8:46:57

Originally posted by TDA101:
I think most of the expenses come from Spies. Instead of letting Commies run rediculous amounts of spies, there might need to be a smaller % to goods sold. Instead of letting Commies lazily set spies to 5-10% and just spam away the turns for 30+ SPAL, with the faster pace of turns isn't a good thing if players have to think and readjust their % of miltiary produced? Also the % increase is rediculous for end of set Tech selling at 1k too @_@.

Do you know I run 30 SPAL on most of my countres? Even cashers, farmers and techers. Commies aren't "ridiculous" with their spies. They just have it super easy to produce if they need to, but even I don't go too high as a Commie.

TDA101 Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 9:32:55

TIL I learnt 30 was standard on Cashers.

How do you pump 30 SPAL on cashers and having a decent % of buildings as Ent/Res?

Alin Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 9:41:01

Pals let`s focus on really important matters. IF we go non-sense, or subjects that are just some sort of forum chat, mods won`t go through all that.

P.S: Tella i will be really disappointed if after a thread like this your mod/admins team will not implement at least 1 single change into express.

I had also seen some discussion about removing all allies. I am fine with that but i also think that we should not degenerate this game to much. What makes this game running is getting to ally people, which might become friends after endless talks about the game etc. IF you remove the allies, you will remove a lot more than just those spots. For example i am in good relations with a lot of players from this server due to the ally slots. I even got friendly with 2 or 3 neofed members(alliance server) thing that would never happen ( if you know me good enough), if there weren`t those alliance spots, followed by ingame chat and fluffcetera.

Edited By: Alin on Dec 17th 2013, 12:06:14

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 17th 2013, 9:55:56

alin dont include mods in the statement we have no say or control over what the admins choose to do.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Nasdaqs Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 10:02:10

k

Alin Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 10:19:11

Originally posted by Warster:
alin dont include mods in the statement we have no say or control over what the admins choose to do.

Hmm ... Well i tought you guys work as a team. Like mods will select the good points out of this and eventually pass it to Qz and see what shall or can be done, with mods having a little to say also about it.

That`s why i also have the opinion a mod should be allowed to play this solo servers and take contact with the game. That way he will know a lot better what is wrong and what is right.

Originally posted by Nasdaqs:
k

You trying to impersonate me? I never had another forum account than this one. Any mod can confirm that if they want to ...

IXNeo Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 10:58:09

1. O-allies are already removed, so the only leeching that remains is tech leeching. Tech allies can be fixed such that the TECHING player gets a TPT boost (10% of tech allies' TPT). So basically, a player needs to actively tech his turns to get any extra tech from his allies. ALTERNATIVELY, tech allies can also be fixed by multiplying the current gain from tech allies (when the allies tech their turns) by your (labs/land) ratio. This one is much much easier to implement, it is a 1-line code change.

2. Slow down the Express turn rate by half (and everything time-related by half). Have 2-week long resets instead. This means cheating players have a much larger window of time to be caught, and moderators have enough time to delete them before they can cause too much harm. The pace is simply TOO quick, innocent players suicided by multies or whatever can do TOO much harm. On Alliance or Primary or other servers, the pace is slow enough that if it takes 24 hours for a moderator to respond to a report, the damage is minimal. Not so on Express. Otherwise, you really need to have 4 or 5 moderators on Express covering all time zones.

3. Another reason why Express is broken is because of the qz/pang policy that a player should be able to be absent from the game for 2 days and still come back without having lost any turns. This leads to the 360(360) stored turn scenario, which is very unhealthy for the server. Change this to 240(240) or 240(160). Anybody playing Express should know that they are expected to log on to the server twice a day. Otherwise don't play it. Or implement suggestion (2) above.

4. Change the DR reset to something reasonable like 2 hours instead of 24 hours. DR-abuse is rampant. There is a lot of talk/discussion on how to combat DR-abuse. See http://www.earthempires.com/...omment-15332?t=1376854014 and guess what happened? Absolutely nothing, for 1.8 years. So Tellarion, I am very dubious when you say that you "CAN guarantee that they will be discussed in detail, with the end result being some worthy changes." I mean, yes, changes will be discussed in detail. But the end result is that nothing happens. Look, we've been discussing for years. Martian started the thread, Warster's posted in it, iZarcon even. Here is a related thread, around the same time: http://www.earthempires.com/...rs-should-be-...--16867/1 where again, Warster was seen posting in it, and defending qz/pang that they were busy.

5. There needs to be feedback from the mods if a cheating report is "in progress" or "resolved". I've heard Palemoon posted (see http://www.earthempires.com/forum/post/514628/perm) that reporting cheaters using the in-game tool doesn't work sometimes, where he had to contact a mod on IRC, and the mod said they never received the in-game report. What then? Is the reporting tool broken? Maybe the field that says to put in country numbers separated by commas doesn't work? Does it matter if I type in "1,2" in the box or "1, 2" with a space, or "#1, #2"? Or what?

6. Owners of deleted countries should be exposed at the end of a reset. Maybe not during a set because there is a possibility that the deleted country could be undeleted after an appeal. In fact, I think profiles of all countries should be public after a reset is over. There also needs to be more repercussions for cheating. Again, there has been a bunch of discussion on the B&S forums about it in the last 2 weeks, and again there hasn't been any result or actual action, or planned changes announced.

Edit:
Originally posted by tellarion:
Just so you all know, I can't go back and check specifics after a set has ended. Unless I'm online at the very end and someone passes me the info VERY quickly, there's not much I can do about that. Not to mention the sets always end when I'm asleep :/

This is yet another problem, being unable to access pass reset data. Another reason that being such a fast paced server contributes to (see suggestion 2 and 3). Moderators need to be able to access past data of at least the previous 1 or 2 resets, if only to also be able to check for online behaviors, login patterns that could indicate multies across multiple resets, and the like. Moderators should also be able to access/view all ingame messages sent between COUNTRIES on that server (not forum PMs) in past resets as well as present ones (otherwise, how do you deal with reports of countries sending spam/advertisements?) if this isn't already the case.

IMHO

1.Agree, change tech gained- tech gained from allies should be based on labs built. No labs built=No tech gain.

2. Disagree - 366(360) is perfect. An all explore strat can get a player around 15-18M (or more?) net. (rep cashier/commi indy)e.g. (John Birch Country)(will i retal country). To prevent suiciders= Join GDI and avoid double tapping.

3. Disagree -Anybody playing Express should know that they are expected to log on to the server twice a day. Otherwise don't play it. Or implement suggestion (2) above. --- It depends on the strat you are playing . As pointed in number 2.

7. With regard to market manipulation. I think it can be prevented by setting a ceiling for max price of units during the last 24 hours of the set. e.g. Business tech-- max price should be at 3000. By doing it we prevent players from manipulating the market. :)

Originally posted by Getafix:
Tech allies are the worst thing. Everything else is pretty good. Its good to have some grey areas so people have to make decisions about ethics. Its interesting that Express is so competitive and that people are always looking for an edge. I like the 360/360 because it opens up all sorts of possibilities for how to play the game, and its fun to run 360 turns in a row when you see that its advantageous. Thats what I do with a rep casher sometimes, jumping in the game when a pile of cheap tech is on the market.

Cheers.
IXNeo
Illuminati X
Division: EoS

Alin Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 11:23:25

3000 for tech will be more than enough if the other techers are selling @ 1200. Max prices won`t work anyhow. That is a complex and hard to solve problem.

IXNeo Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 11:42:25

Alin, I know certain players getting an extra1B at end set just for abusing the market with friends?. Express is very competitive that players try to outdo each other just to win, It is one of the loophole right now. Honestly, I don't play always but every time i do, I always notice the same thing at end set.
IXNeo
Illuminati X
Division: EoS

oldman Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 11:46:42

I'll be happy if tech allies are modified as suggested by Xin. Agree with most of his points as well except for the part about slowing it down. I like how the game is just 5 days long but the support staff needs to be well equipped to mod such a server, else there will still be many unhappy people even with all the proposed changes.

Agree that DR abuse doesn't seem so rampant nowadays from the posts on the forum, though I haven't played this server in forever heh. But it was real bad when I was still playing.

I might actually come back and play once in a while if these the changes were to be implemented.

Alin Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 11:52:53

Originally posted by IXNeo:
Alin, I know certain players getting an extra1B at end set just for abusing the market with friends?. Express is very competitive that players try to outdo each other just to win, It is one of the loophole right now. Honestly, I don't play always but every time i do, I always notice the same thing at end set.

I know what you are talking about and i`ve been telling all the people around that the blatant market manipulation is the main abuse nowadays replacing DRs / landfarms that happen a couple of months ago. Tech leeching is not even as cruel as seeing tech or goods being sold at astronomical prices and people acting like : hey, it just sold at X price while the price was all the reset < X - 2000 or whatever.

But that is a nutcase problem and i see no good resolution for it.

Edited By: Alin on Dec 17th 2013, 15:43:28

Alin Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 11:57:56

Originally posted by oldman:
I'll be happy if tech allies are modified as suggested by Xin. Agree with most of his points as well except for the part about slowing it down. I like how the game is just 5 days long but the support staff needs to be well equipped to mod such a server, else there will still be many unhappy people even with all the proposed changes.

Agree that DR abuse doesn't seem so rampant nowadays from the posts on the forum, though I haven't played this server in forever heh. But it was real bad when I was still playing.

I might actually come back and play once in a while if these the changes were to be implemented.

Oldman belive me that the DR abusers were little babies compared with the tech sales @ 9k / pice. Or insignifiant tech ( warfare, SDI or military strategy ) being sold @ 3000 / pice, end of the reset, when the other vital tech is <1200 :).

Edited By: Alin on Dec 17th 2013, 15:44:10
See Original Post

braden Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 14:01:27

why do techers get increased tech at all from their allies? why do techers deserve an unfair boost to its production where none of the other strategies do?

it's fine, you just need to offer me a cashing boost when i casher ally with three republics to form a cashing ring.

braden Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 14:03:34

the only allies that should be kept should be the ones that everybody can use. only techers can use research allies, only landgrabbers can use off allies. leave defense and intel in, for basic player interaction. and fairness, can't forget about the fairness.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 14:22:49

why do techers get increased tech at all from their allies? why do techers deserve an unfair boost to its production where none of the other strategies do?

it's fine, you just need to offer me a cashing boost when i casher ally with three republics to form a cashing ring.

The increased tech generation from tech allies actually helps everyone EXCEPT techers. More tech generated means more supply. More supply means lower prices. So the techer sells more tech points, but at a lower price per tech, works out to be about the same if he had less tech points but sells each tech point at a higher price. But for non-techers, they end up buying cheaper techs.

Removing tech allies completely is actually a buff to techers.

Vic Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 14:26:59

The increased tech generation from tech allies actually helps everyone EXCEPT techers. More tech generated means more supply. More supply means lower prices. So the techer sells more tech points, but at a lower price per tech, works out to be about the same if he had less tech points but sells each tech point at a higher price. But for non-techers, they end up buying cheaper techs.

lol owned :p

TDA101 Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 14:34:52

Only if supply exceeds demand. If demand isn't met then extra tech actually doesn't hurt.

Alin Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 14:36:08

+1. It`s a matter of supply and demand. You`ll have expensive tech market and people runing techless countries thus smaller in NW

TDA101 Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 14:38:15

Supply and demand only works if everyone has perfect information and is acting rationally.

If certain people don't act rationally it doesn't matter.

IE if someone has tech allies or not but always sells their tech at 2k, techs always going to be 2k at X amount.

Alin Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 14:55:03

It`s actually a lot more complicated than that TDA.

Braden is also wrong when talking about republics in his case. Republics have the cash bonus.
Furthermore Commies have the industrial bonus, Fascist have the food + oil bonus and fluffcetera.

Braden thinks inside the box, this needs out of the box thinking. If you take the last reset and remove the tech spots you will notice a domino effect on the whole market depending on a lot factors. However removing the tech spots will just remove techers bonus while other strategies will keep theirs. You will notice that, if implemented it will have the boomerang effect.

But whatever - we are chating now which is irrelevant. Looking forward to see how this brainstorming thread will end.

P.S: Express market could be a subject of an A essay everywhere in this world. I suggest people that have to do such essays in economics to pick this game and develop with all the strategies involved. You will earn a high grade while having fun and playing a game - which is great.

braden Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 15:17:36

"The increased tech generation from tech allies actually helps everyone EXCEPT techers. "

research pacts are a detriment to techers? techers pact out so that they can do the community the selfless service of offering more and cheaper technology for us lay folk?

my, how considerate.

silentwolf Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 15:35:02

My Suggestions

1. Allies - Remove tech allies to avoid tech leeches.
2. DR - Reduce DR to 2 hours in accordance to PS unit returns. Also make DR specific to type of attack. Ie. GS wont efect AB.. not a LG.. and etc. thinking of the formula and codes behind it.. makes me dizzy already. If you ever do it.. kudos and thanks a lot !

Xins suggestion to slow down the game will ruin the essense of express. NO TO SLOWING DOWN. WE DONT NEED ANOTHER PRIMARY !

Completely removing any possiblity of having allies is not going to help the game. IF you want that scenario - go play tourney.

Reporting tool and mod or GM response to it. I am pretty sure to man or manage reports in express alone is a daunting task for those that have a day job. Unless we are paying for it.. which we arent.. we surely asking a lot of this game.

Naming or shaming the people who cheat ? Have you ever thought that the game is getting better maybe because of them. Also where is the privacy if you do so? Might as well post their passwords, gf's name (if the nerds have any), address and their pets name. People are given an option to change or have their country names unique for a reason(if there is any). The option to share if they want to share is made available now.

Silly people.

Alin Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 15:36:03

"The increased tech generation from tech allies actually helps everyone EXCEPT techers. "

research pacts are a detriment to techers? techers pact out so that they can do the community the selfless service of offering more and cheaper technology for us lay folk?

my, how considerate.

sure, NOT lol. I would prefer to have no tech allies and have a better market :).

I do tech ally because otherwise, i will be not be competitive compared with others techers. I don`t need tech allies to play a good techer but to have equal chances with the other techrs. Remove the tech spots and you will see techers beating all sort of records on this server.
Think outside the box braden. Anyway, a good player will play more than 1 strategy good so this is not a techer vs casher or industrial vs farmer war.

Edited By: Alin on Dec 17th 2013, 15:38:07

blid

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2013, 15:38:20

I played this country with only 1 tech ally
http://www.earthempires.com/express/201/ranks/92

Realized afterward that I'd deprived myself of like 3m nw. Having to find tech allies is a drag.

braden Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 15:45:34

this solo server, alin. and i hate that idiom.

Alin Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 16:00:18

Naming or shaming the people who cheat ? Have you ever thought that the game is getting better maybe because of them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW37AGZ0Pj0

This game is not scarface pal.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2013, 16:02:06

great discussion

Edited By: Getafix on Dec 17th 2013, 17:07:32
See Original Post

st0ny Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 16:40:10

Originally posted by silentwolf:

Naming or shaming the people who cheat ? Have you ever thought that the game is getting better maybe because of them. Also where is the privacy if you do so? Might as well post their passwords, gf's name (if the nerds have any), address and their pets name. People are given an option to change or have their country names unique for a reason(if there is any). The option to share if they want to share is made available now.

Silly people.

state it clearly that cheaters will be named in the rules section. then this way, its up to the players to protect and respect their own privacy. right? :)
Originally posted by LATC:
"Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

egersh

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2013, 17:10:56

DO NOT SLOW TURNS DOWN! Maybe eliminate stored turns, or have a smaller amount.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 17:22:15

Originally posted by TDA101:
Supply and demand only works if everyone has perfect information and is acting rationally.

If certain people don't act rationally it doesn't matter.

IE if someone has tech allies or not but always sells their tech at 2k, techs always going to be 2k at X amount.

LMFAO! Are you being serious? If your tech doesn't sell at the $2k what do you do? Recall and reprice at $2K? Lol. This is the mentality why every set someone creates yet another thread whining about why XXXX (food, military, tech, oil) is selling at $Y but some 'noob' just put some up at $Z.

If a potential $30 mill player like TDA makes a statement like this, imagine what the noobs think (for all you that will create yet another thread this set to whine).

P.S.
Everyone knows the price of the PS4/XBOX1/whatever sells for $399/$499 (perfect information), and yet come Black Firday or whenever the craziness usually happens you see people shelling out $3000 to be the 1st to get it, rational, right?

@Tella, one thing that can very easily be implemented right now that doesn't need coding is to out the cheats every set. Try and get this done for now so we know there is some semblance of progress as we await the rest.

Edited By: crest23 on Dec 17th 2013, 17:30:41
The Nigerian Nightmare.

TDA101 Game profile

Dec 17th 2013, 17:54:28

Can't tell if ur calling me our what :S.

zydx Game profile

Dec 18th 2013, 2:23:27

Originally posted by raz:
Remove Alin from express, should solve 95% of the problems - what a fluff.

include cable to make it 99.99%.

regarding the research lab/land ratio. i have suggested it before.

peace.

braden Game profile

Dec 18th 2013, 3:25:48

reminds me of Vicky Christina Barcelona, xin is vicky rules are christina and we're all barcelona

but I don't know, maybe I misunderstood the concept

ill go home snd watch it and somehow make it analogous, I'm sure

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 18th 2013, 3:36:47

Naming or shaming the people who cheat ? Have you ever thought that the game is getting better maybe because of them.

I can't believe you said cheaters help the game get better, Silentwolf. Makes me think you have a reason for your countries not to be revealed.

Also where is the privacy if you do so? Might as well post their passwords, gf's name (if the nerds have any), address and their pets name. People are given an option to change or have their country names unique for a reason(if there is any). The option to share if they want to share is made available now.

Silly people.

Privacy? What privacy? Criminals get named and shamed in newspapers and TV all the time. You are massively confusing "personally identifiable data" (PID) to "naming and shaming". A username connected to a country name is not PID, unless you yourself opted to give out your real name/address/contacts in connection to said username.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Dec 18th 2013, 3:38:52
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2013, 4:16:33

Yeah that post was just strange.