Sep 25th 2012, 14:53:22

^ what archaic said.

Assassin Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 17:35:07

Originally posted by TAN:
Originally posted by Trife:
Originally posted by wari:
Originally posted by Trife:

if this was done by a person maliciously i'm going to have to seriously reconsider even playing a country next set

it's silly to have all of your hard work and efforts knocked out by some fartknocker.

Oh, our hard work and efforts were knocked out by "fartknockers" a week or two ago.

At least irony never ceases to be quite ironic.

Whine on, wayward fluff.

how do you consider what i said whining? lol, dumbass

And anyway Wari, Trife had nothing to do with LCN warring us - he left a full week before they FSed us.

amazingly, trife had 3 kills in the war even though he left a week before it happened!

LadyGrizz Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 17:41:23

This all is just so sad =(

dLpLow Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 18:11:45

Originally posted by locket:
Originally posted by dLpLow:
this sucks mean my 5k post are gone.....kinda upset about that worked hard for those :/ and those medals ....damn u

i blame Lostmonk....and Canada

Canada is proud of any destruction we cause.. but we are sorry.

On a side note.. it is a new race for post count! Use it for activity :P

im not pdm anymore :/
poor laf
10:36 ee: GS pLow is HERE (#422) [SoF] --> Oslo 1952 (#201) [LaF] -- 2C/81F
And for you freaks.
http://www.mediafire.com/...7cfyj1ley48a/IMG_0973.m4v
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h1tcgo1

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 20:11:07

are there any Senate level members from PDM who are on vacation in Mexico getting drunk off their arse?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Purposeful1 Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 20:27:52

Some hacking went on. One of the senate-level accounts was compromised, and deleted all user accounts before deleting itself. Pang is investigating.

Some accounts have been restored, but many members will need to reapply, which means all their previous info, post counts...etc are lost.

It doesn't seem that any site content was deleted.

Jesus. That's still terrible. Hopefully you guys can find the culprit. Those kind of moves have no place in our community.
Purposeful1

Sep 25th 2012, 20:50:26

from what i've heard so far, i don't see how it's actually an issue with Earth Empire's or with Boxcar's security. well, maybe it it was possible to brute-force the password to the account. evil people live in the world, are you going to move out and run away every time one of them moves into the neighborhood? how many frigging times has this happened on boxcar anyway? i'm a bit out of touch.

locket Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 20:52:10

Originally posted by Drow:
Sam and Locket: we get your points, but for me personally, this is simply a symptom of how badly this game has degeenerated. It reflects the prevailing "win at all costs and by any means neccessary" that too many people and alliances in this game have. Basically it's a spill over from the ingame bullfluff. The politics have degenerated from subtle machinations to petty grudge wars and he said she said name calling bs, and there's no sense of honour, decency or fair play anymore.

Considering the newish direction of most of those involved in the grudge wars and the lack of wars(Sof and sol even doing a friendly) I think you should stick around.

Oh and KJ. We are not into you. I am sorry. We do not feel the same way you do. You seem like overly obsessive boyfriend but we aren't dating.. leave us be.

anoniem Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 20:59:29

Originally posted by BattleKJ:
I'd bet my tatties on this being something to do with LaF or SoF.

i'd bet all the tats in ireland that locket was the mastermind behind it all.
re(ally)tired

Sep 25th 2012, 21:04:21

Originally posted by anoniem:

locket only hacks accounts that use the same password as his, which happens to be "God", btw.

locket Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 21:06:39

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
Originally posted by anoniem:

locket only hacks accounts that use the same password as his, which happens to be "God", btw.

haha.. I've been found out!

Boltar Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 21:07:36

i think i figured out why.. just not whom.. but could be any # of people on here.. i believe its someone with an asian fetish.. they hacked the PDM site in hopes of finding Tisya's nudes uploaded to the DB, and when they came up short handed.. they nerd rage deleted things.. thats my take on it

Devestation Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 21:10:55

They aren't there. We've been looking, trust me.

Boltar Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 21:13:06

yes but ur in PDM.. therefore u know.. outsiders dont know..

archaic Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 22:50:41

Actually, I was figuring that it was one of the heads trying to do IA after downing a bottle of crown, but that appears to not be the case. That's a pretty good argument for why I never got ia perms.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

prank

Sep 26th 2012, 0:02:42

someone from TIE prob hacked it ;)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2012, 0:15:17

Some hacking went on. One of the senate-level accounts was compromised, and deleted all user accounts before deleting itself. Pang is investigating.

Some accounts have been restored, but many members will need to reapply, which means all their previous info, post counts...etc are lost.

It doesn't seem that any site content was deleted.

Who's the p00g in the senate who left their password abc123?

I bet it was Detmer...

Alana Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 0:25:39

such fluffing bullfluff. I hope the person who did this is banned from the game. It is definitely not what this community needs.
Sorry to hear this went on PDM, I hope everything can be restored :(
Alana
LCN Peon

thehiphopdrug Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 2:14:24

Look at this as inspiration for moving the functions of boxcar onto the earthempires site. There's a reason for everything. It's cool. Does this mean all the threads are gone too?
Those midgets are funny. Sometimes I'd like to hold a midget. They always want to sit in the front seat. -Taxi Driver

I did know something that I didn't... But it wasn't that. - Ignignokt

TheMatrix

Sep 26th 2012, 2:45:18

Originally posted by thehiphopdrug:
Look at this as inspiration for moving the functions of boxcar onto the earthempires site. There's a reason for everything. It's cool. Does this mean all the threads are gone too?

Currently it appears only user accounts were removed/deleted. Other site content seems to be intact.

sigma Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 3:55:11

This is terrible.

Nuketon Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 4:10:32

This is horrible, I would urge all alliances to have your members do a quick password change. Passwords should be changed every now and then for security purposes anyhow, but not all people do.

Not saying that frequent changing of passwords would have necessarily helped in this scenario because I don't know the details, but it can't possibly hurt :)

bertz Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 4:59:26

I want Tisya's nude pics! -> To whoever hacked PDM's site.

En4cer85

Sep 26th 2012, 10:06:46

i didn't read to the end... anyone care to pm me to let me know what happened ???

TAN Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 11:13:57

Someone deleted all the user accounts in our site.

We're not 100% sure yet whether we got hacked or whether someone with user manager perms went renegade.

We do know which account it was though - the question was whether it was hacked or whether that person just went batfluff insane.

No site content other than the users seems to have been removed.

Pang restored many of the accounts, but many others had to reapply, and thus all their corresponding data is gone.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

crest23 Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 14:10:11

Why would someone put this much effort into the game? Hacking? Seriously? It has come to that?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

NukEvil Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 14:27:57

People were hacking since the beginning of time.

Remember MacDamon?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

PG Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 14:48:35

Originally posted by NukEvil:

Remember MacDamon?

Some of us still talk daily with MacDamon ;)
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

Marco Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 15:32:44

And that's part of the reason MacS won't return :(

diez Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 15:40:00

this is one f'ed up cr*p... Hopefully anyone responsible for this is being permabanned from boxcar & ee.

deepcode Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 15:45:36

Considering the events of this set and some of the anger on the boards, along with the scant evidence Pang's posted, I suspect an insider going nerdrage mode.

Someone got drunk and said Fuuuuu and started mashing buttons.

TAN Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 15:46:53

Given the information *I* have, I'm 70% sure I know who it is, but won't name names until it's 100% confirmed, which I doubt it ever will be. Waiting on Pang for more info.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Trife Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 15:59:41

Given the information *I* have, I'm 70% sure I know who it is, but won't name names until it's 100% confirmed, which I doubt it ever will be. Waiting on Pang for more info.

I dunno if you'd feel comfortable disclosing this information at this point, but with the information that you have, was who you think it was within PDM or was it external?

If you don't feel like stating or if you feel that it's none of AT's business I can understand that too

Sov Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 16:03:41

I don't think it is appropriate for that question to be answered until they know 100% for sure who the culprit is.

PG Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 16:03:44

he think it external (my bet)
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2012, 17:56:14

Originally posted by NukEvil:

Remember MacDamon?
and Ronnie and countless other saddos. at least MacDamon was somewhat "noble" when it came to hacking (If I recall correctly) instead of doing it to piss people off. not that that makes it much better.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

NukEvil Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 19:00:45

MacDamon wasn't the one hacking...he was hacked by someone in a certain alliance that didn't like the way his server was showing everyone the countries which were deleted. They not only took his server offline, but stuffed it up so his personal stuff was made unreachable.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

grimjoww Game profile

Sep 28th 2012, 5:19:27

atleast most of the database got restored ;D