Verified:

Dissidenticn

Sep 23rd 2012, 19:29:22

and i don't like it.

Klown Game profile

Sep 23rd 2012, 19:30:56

By contrast, 36% of American power comes from coal. Per capita, Saskatchewan is one of the single biggest destroyers of the environment on earth. I hope you feel bad for the polar bears every time you flip on your light switch. By the way, since you are so ignorant about coal, you should know that there are other uses for coal beyond simply electricity generation. Producing steel, for example. Obama has helped destroy that industry as well.

Dissidenticn

Sep 23rd 2012, 19:40:35

Per capita doesn't mean anything, by the way. Our net usage is still very much below what America uses. I don't condone my government's every decision, but I have to give credit where credit is due, Saskatchewan GREW during the world economic recession.

Finally, it CANNOT be denied that coal is a dirty source of power. My original premise. You can deflect all you like, coal is a dirty power source. Maybe I'll say it again, coal is a dirty power source. I wonder if you'll admit that...

Edited By: Dissidenticn on Sep 23rd 2012, 19:43:12
See Original Post

locket Game profile

Sep 23rd 2012, 19:49:46

Klown.. you do realize that out of the entirety of Canada, Saskatchewan is a small deal in terms of population or production of any sort...

thesaint Game profile

Sep 23rd 2012, 20:03:36

I agree with archaic
TheSaintofVenus

Unsympathetic Game profile

Sep 24th 2012, 3:08:39

Not sure what the point is regarding coal on this thread, Klown, because Obama and McCain have/had exactly the same view regarding cap-and-trade both now and during the 08 election. Yep, 100% the same.. they both are all-in on that. But hey, keep repeating the talking points.

And make no mistake - the reason demand is down is because of Wall Street's fraud in the inducement in the housing crisis, which is not specific to either party.

I've never been sure why "environmentalists" rally against nuclear power when coal is dirtier by any/every measure. The only way for the US to truly be energy independent is a combination of coal and thorium.. a radioactive element which had a legitimately safe plant design quashed in the 60's by GE so they could sell their uranium designs.

Dissidenticn

Sep 24th 2012, 4:28:34

wind and solar are good too... but im not against nuclear power either.

Alin Game profile

Sep 24th 2012, 8:28:50

Originally posted by Cabrito:
locket you do know war is actually good for an economy. However on a side note, the US has not been in a war since 1945. Congress is the only ones in this country that can declare war and the last time they did so was December 8 1941.

And actually for all of 2008 and into most of 2009 I was working tons of hours. It has been basically since 2010 and 2011 that work has slowed. Not thats more then a month in to Obamas term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/...volving_the_United_States

Scroll down under the WWII war and you`ll find a couple. War is vital for USA economy since 1950. Therefore, from an "outsider point of view" Obama respected his promises by reducing the participation/retiring from conflicts initiated and fueled by Bush administration.

So for the other part of the world - Obama did what he said he`ll do. And he pretty much tired everything possible to avoid war in the Israel ws Iran fluff ( Bush would have already parked 30% of USA Aircraft Carriers deep into Iran by now ).

arthog Game profile

Sep 24th 2012, 11:24:38

yaaay political fluff