Verified:

Trife Game profile

Sep 20th 2012, 14:23:12

I don't want a person who abuses animals to become my president.

http://en.wikipedia.org/.../Mitt_Romney_dog_incident

CKHustler

Sep 20th 2012, 20:02:33

sure locket, without the insult. How many people who oppose his politics did he call racist in that statement? It is on the same level and fact you are giving Obama a pass just proves my point that it doesn't matter if they aren't voting for you.

It is not, as junky said, how many are voters. It is how many were thinking of voting for him. If Romney insulted 100% of those who were registered democrats, should he care? They are all voters, only none will be voting for him.

So, again, how many of those insulted, including all of you here, were thinking of voting for Romney?

ZIP Game profile

Sep 20th 2012, 20:28:38

i am not in the 47% and i am not voting for romney
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

locket Game profile

Sep 20th 2012, 20:36:52

Originally posted by CKHustler:
sure locket, without the insult. How many people who oppose his politics did he call racist in that statement? It is on the same level and fact you are giving Obama a pass just proves my point that it doesn't matter if they aren't voting for you.

It is not, as junky said, how many are voters. It is how many were thinking of voting for him. If Romney insulted 100% of those who were registered democrats, should he care? They are all voters, only none will be voting for him.

So, again, how many of those insulted, including all of you here, were thinking of voting for Romney?

Obama didn't call everyone racist in that statement dude -_- He said that some people wont vote for him because he is black but that they are also less likely to vote for him because of politics.

Romney's statement is a blanket statement of an entire subsection of what he believes is 47% of the population and he insults all of them -_- How do you not see a difference there?

Both Romney and Obama acknowledge that there are people that wont vote for them. Correct.

Romney insults those people. Obama doesn't.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Sep 20th 2012, 20:39:35

i am not in the 47% and i won't be voting for Osama.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

CKHustler

Sep 20th 2012, 22:51:19

ZIP, were you thinking about it before he made that statement? If not, then he didn't lose a vote and it doesn't matter.

"Are some voters not going to vote for me because I’m African American? Those are the same voters who probably wouldn’t vote for me because of my politics."

Lets restate what he said in simpler terms..

are there some racist people who won't vote for me? Well, they are same people who probably don't agree with my politics(aka conservatives/republicans/libertarians).

Simplify it again...there are some racist people that won't vote for me and they are probably conservatives/republicans/libertarians.

again...there are racists and they are probably conservatives/republicans/libertarians.

Need it get simpler locket? Either way you spin it he called conservatives/republicans/libertarians racist.

Regardless, because it's so obvious I'm not going over that topic again, the question is whether anyone who was insulted was actually thinking about voting for Romney. Not to mention the votes he gains from working Americans who are tired of paying for other peoples welfare checks(etc) and were on the fence.

locket Game profile

Sep 21st 2012, 0:02:27

First off, link me to this quote since I am unable to find it.

Secondly, you can interpret that quite differently than you did. Judging based only on what is shown there it appears to me as if he was asked that question. It seems to me that he is saying that people who wont vote for him are people who don't believe in his policies. He also uses the word probably which to me acknowledges that maybe there are some who will simply vote against him because he is black.

IMO Romney flat out says all of those things. I don't disagree that there are people that Romney can't worry about when you consider whether they will vote for him or not. That is an obvious choice he has to make. It is how he characterizes 47% of the population as one pathetic group.

Oh... and another point.

fluff you. That simple enough for you?

CKHustler

Sep 21st 2012, 0:23:07

ill link it, but im not going over it again.

http://articles.latimes.com/.../dec/11/nation/na-obama11

I'll sit around and wait for these people that were thinking of voting for Romney, but now won't because of this statement.

Twain Game profile

Sep 21st 2012, 0:59:28

One thing I'm going to point out. It was asked how many of that 47% were actually considering voting for Romney.

To that, I'd say a good number. The 47% that doesn't pay taxes includes retirees, who don't pay taxes. There are many retirees that definitely lean Republican, but now they're being told they rely on government handouts. While there is some truth in this, most retirees probably see it that they've spent approximately 40 years paying payroll taxes to fund Social Security and are now receiving what they paid in.

Or rather, I should say from a breakdown I saw, it would have to include people like retirees and people under the age of 18. Perhaps those numbers were wrong, but if not, I think citing a number like that is potentially very damaging because of the 65+ demographic.

Kinnin Game profile

Sep 21st 2012, 1:06:08

Rawr! Post done for the week. Romney is screwed.

Twain Game profile

Sep 21st 2012, 1:10:17

And CK: I would take that statement the other way.

"Racists are more often than not conservatives" and "Conservatives are more often than not racists" aren't at all the same statement (Of course, with the racists in this case being racist against African Americans).

I think it's fairly clear that Obama was saying the former, and you're inferring the latter.

CKHustler

Sep 21st 2012, 2:00:04

No the question was not how many of the 47%, it was how many of the insulted. Now, my grandfather doesn't pay taxes now that he is retired, but he is not in the least bit insulted by those remarks. Those that aren't intentionally taking it the wrong way know he is talking about those who don't take care of themselves. Why would someone who has worked for 50 years and retired take offense?

It is funny that liberals took it to mean those who were extorted for money by the government for a social security fund.

On Obama's statement, he is pairing conservatives with racists...is anymore discussion really needed? Whether the first or the last he is insulting conservatives as the racists or he would have said something like this:

"Are some voters not going to vote for me because I’m African American? It's a shame because those are the same voters who probably would vote for me because of my politics."

or this:

"Are some voters not going to vote for me because I’m African American? There may be some votes I will lose."

Dissidenticn

Sep 21st 2012, 4:26:21

Buch... I simply can't believe that you're saying these things seriously. You MUST be joking.

Have you ever worked on a pig farm? $11 an hour is not enough to work with pigs. You say it like it's a walk in the park. I won't deny that this generation of Americans is filled with entitlement, but that doesn't make $11 an hour on a hog farm acceptable. $20 an hour, minimum for that job.

I believe that you have no idea what you're talking about and are part of that 47% Romney intends to do nothing for. Not that you'll vote for Obama... but that you don't make $250k+ and therefore he will stomp on your grapes until they bleed. But... you will ask for more.

Did you vote for bush the second time around too?

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Sep 21st 2012, 4:55:43

Dissi, I think you'd be hard pressed to find many unskilled jobs that pay upwards of $20 per hour as a starting rate. Whether the job sucks or not, if you've been unemployed for months or years and are capable of doing it, it's time to take it while you look for something better, IMO.

And BTW, the example I cited in my post was for a much less fluffty (pardon the pun) job at a vineyard. Even they can't find locals to work.

Personally, I think the govt should get out of the unemployment insurance business. That's a niche that could be much more effectively filled by the private sector, and to a certain extent it already exists. When I bought my house, I took mortgage insurance. Since I own a small business that is not guaranteed to survive, it was just the common sense thing to do. If I lose my company, I have some time to find other sources of income.

There's no reason the same thing couldn't be done with employment in general. But then of course, it wouldn't be possible to make the mean old employer pay for it (which the employee pays for in the end, but just doesn't see)

dex Game profile

Sep 21st 2012, 5:28:50

Romney is completely spineless. He would have made a pretty good Republican during H.W. Bush's presidency (Bush #1) when Republicans still stood for free enterprise AND actually governing for the country, not just for the few elites, because that's what privileged white dudes who grow up in estbalished families and go to Harvard, Princeton or Yale or whatever do after they make their fortune. They go into public service to serve the country.

I have no doubt he said what he said in that video because he thought it was safe to do so and he was in a room of millionares and that is what they wanted to hear (lower taxes, fluff everyone else)

Romney's problem however is he already had a reputation for being a flip flopper, and worse, a slithering salesman who will say what you want to hear to get a sale.

Here's him infront of a latino crowd the day after the whole 47% thing blew up. Notice the tan, and tanlines around his eyes and neck. That's right folks, he browns himself for the ethnics.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/...900183.html?utm_hp_ref=uk
Totally unfit to be president.

Edited By: dex on Sep 21st 2012, 5:33:14
See Original Post

Buch Game profile

Sep 21st 2012, 13:54:45

Haha oh dessi 20 an hour for a hog farm tell me where and sign me up do they give health insurance to?? Have you ever been outside a city? Oh and by the way obamas never done any thing for me either so I could give a f*** less who gets elected because nothing will change nothing ever gets done any ways oh and I have worked with hog what's bad about it? You get s*** on you and its hard work? They make showers and washing machines and mabe every one could use a little hard work wouldn't have so many obese people

Edited By: Buch on Sep 21st 2012, 14:16:40
See Original Post

Atryn Game profile

Sep 21st 2012, 18:16:34

LOL...

Saying that a racist is likely to be a conservative is not the same as saying a conservative is likely to be a racist.

A pregnant human being is likely to be a woman. That doesn't mean all women are pregnant human beings.

Sigh...

Logic 101.

Cabrito Game profile

Sep 21st 2012, 19:38:25

I agree with Buch. fluff Osama. He is proving that the black man is just as bad as the white man at running a country, only he is doing a worse job then Bush did.

Since he took office, I cant count how many times the shop I work at has had to give us fridays off because theres no fluffing work. After 3 days of being home I am bored fluffless. I personally would rather work 10 hour days monday - thursday 8 hours on friday and half a day on saturday so I can go watch college football saturday night with my wife and kids.

Only way Mitt can do worse is shut down every job in the US.
When the white man discovered this country,
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.
White man thought he could improve on a system like this. - Cherokee proverb

CKHustler

Sep 21st 2012, 20:23:34

Atryn:

Romney doesn't bring up all Obama supporters either.

Look I could care less about what Obama says, that isn't the issue, but it stands that he says things eerily similar that get overlooked and yet Romney gets crucified on something that apparently a majority of Americans agree with(poll cited earlier in discussion).

It still stands that those insulted weren't voting for Romney in the first place, so I don't see what all the hubbub is about.

Dissidenticn

Sep 21st 2012, 22:56:01

Where I come from people who work for pig farmers make mad stacks of gluten free cash. If the owner of that pig farm isn't paying 20 then you're getting jacked.

As for the assumption that I've never been out of the city... Again, where I come from there is nothing close to the size of city you are talking about. I grew up in a town of 500 and moved to a city of 200000 when I was 18. Now I'm in construction making 24$ an hour with tons of overtime. So I guess you'd better move.

locket Game profile

Sep 21st 2012, 23:25:22

Originally posted by Cabrito:
I agree with Buch. fluff Osama. He is proving that the black man is just as bad as the white man at running a country, only he is doing a worse job then Bush did.

Since he took office, I cant count how many times the shop I work at has had to give us fridays off because theres no fluffing work. After 3 days of being home I am bored fluffless. I personally would rather work 10 hour days monday - thursday 8 hours on friday and half a day on saturday so I can go watch college football saturday night with my wife and kids.

Cabrito... use your head dude. You are blaming Obama for how your country is? Bush had you in multiple wars, lowered taxes, and did all sorts of other things. The fluffing crash happened a month into Obama's term. No one would have been able to completely turn around the USA, especially with all the fighting between the two retarded parties who don't like to get along. I wont say whether every choice of Obama's was good or bad but you really need a reality check -_-

Buch Game profile

Sep 21st 2012, 23:29:24

Lol nice I live in a town of 700 never would go to a city as big as you live in now and I want one of them hog jobs

Cabrito Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 1:23:47

locket you do know war is actually good for an economy. However on a side note, the US has not been in a war since 1945. Congress is the only ones in this country that can declare war and the last time they did so was December 8 1941.

And actually for all of 2008 and into most of 2009 I was working tons of hours. It has been basically since 2010 and 2011 that work has slowed. Not thats more then a month in to Obamas term.

Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

ZIP Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 2:22:20

no i wasn't going to vote for romney anyway.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Dissidenticn

Sep 22nd 2012, 3:23:45

Cabrito... don't be obtuse. You moan about the deficit yet you like spending trillions of dollars on the war? You've got to be kidding me.

As for your work hours being cut, that's not Obama's fault either. Your economy fell apart due to the Clinton/Bush financial deregulation measures. Obama is just picking up the pieces... or at least trying to with a Congress who's ONLY goal is to make sure Obama doesn't get a second term. The Republicans SAID they wouldn't cooperate with him... and you want to vote for them? Children...

Buch Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 3:43:11

Oh and construction dessi your welcome for your winter unemployment :D

locket Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 4:51:44

Cab... do you really think that all of these problems which originate from before Obama are Obama's fault? Stop blaming him for everything and use your head. I have seen your smarts :P Again.. I am not saying to vote Obama or that he has been perfect. What I am saying is that most of the problems of today originate from before him and it would have been a lot easier for the problems to be fixed if congress wasn't full of people that are only there to stop the other side from doing anything productive.

Cabrito Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 5:00:18

You got to realize when your the prez you take the blame for everything. Actually I am one of the only ones I know that understands the prez has very little actual power in this country.

I know none of the idiots running will do half of what they say they will due to the fact they cant because they lack the power to do so.
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

locket Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 5:54:19

True enough :P Probably why Obama's hair went grey so fast lol

Dissidenticn

Sep 22nd 2012, 12:58:48

Its true. At a certain point obama has responsibility for the country. He inherited a lot of problems which are now his. He tried to do a lot... And most of was blocked by congress... So if you want to say that he's done nothing, now you know why.

And there goes buch with his assumptions again. I haven't been laid off for 6 years for the winter. -40 degrees, blizzards, whatever, work through it. The hours get shortened during the winter to a mere 8 hours a day down from 12 a day during the summer and spring... But that's still full time. Anything else?

Buch Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 15:50:02

Yes you haven't given me the info on that 20 dollar an hour farm job

TY Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 16:18:18

I just read the first few post's so this may not be on the topic the thread is on now. It amazes me that people that can afford internet access, a cellphone, video game consoles, a car, go out drinking on the weekends and then have time to play internet games have the nerve to consider themselves poor.
There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together.
Josh Billings

Klown Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 16:57:22

Originally posted by locket:

Cabrito... use your head dude. You are blaming Obama for how your country is? Bush had you in multiple wars, lowered taxes, and did all sorts of other things. The fluffing crash happened a month into Obama's term. No one would have been able to completely turn around the USA, especially with all the fighting between the two retarded parties who don't like to get along. I wont say whether every choice of Obama's was good or bad but you really need a reality check -_-

Good lord... where are you from that you think lowering taxes is screwing the country?

Dissidenticn

Sep 22nd 2012, 17:12:58

You'll need to move to a place that ignored the global recession, the only place in north america that saw economic growth, saskatchewan, canada. Where the fields go on forever, the potash industry is exploding (24 dollars an hour starting wage), and the dollar is worth more than the american dollar. Say what you want about canada being the little brother of the states... But here we get it done.

Buch Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 17:31:55

Ooooo potash I spread that every spring and summer never paid attention to where it came from

Edited By: Buch on Sep 22nd 2012, 17:34:43
See Original Post

Dissidenticn

Sep 22nd 2012, 19:53:52

It's a billion dollar industry for fertilizer. Saskatchewan can mine it for 2000 years and not run out. The higher wages are $40/hour... of course these are all before your benefits. Health, pension, and company stocks. That's a union job, btw... so i doubt you want it.

Buch Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 20:07:01

I would rather spread it and stay at my current job

locket Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 20:11:33

Originally posted by Klown:

Good lord... where are you from that you think lowering taxes is screwing the country?

Not everyone believes that lowering taxes is a good thing. Many economists have differing views there, especially when you are increasing spending due to wars etc.

Cabrito Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 21:22:34

I never said lowering taxes was a bad thing. However I have yet to see lower taxes. And yes I understand he inherited problems from Bush. Like Bush inherited problems from Clinton. And so on and so on. But once a person becomes president they get the blame for everything.
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

locket Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 22:02:37

I never said lowering taxes was a bad thing. However I have yet to see lower taxes. And yes I understand he inherited problems from Bush. Like Bush inherited problems from Clinton. And so on and so on. But once a person becomes president they get the blame for everything.

I was replying to Klown, not you :P It is always fun getting all the blame... that's why I would never run for Prime Minister of President of a country

Sep 22nd 2012, 23:19:33

i avoid running for President because if i actually won, then i'd have nuclear weapons to play with.

Cabrito Game profile

Sep 22nd 2012, 23:53:25

I was replying to Klown, not you :P It is always fun getting all the blame... that's why I would never run for Prime Minister of President of a country

as was I

and Dibs I agree. I like things that go bang boom or KABOOM!!!!!! and nukes do just that lol
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

Sep 23rd 2012, 0:42:31

i'd probably just want to make sure that they work properly, plus get rid of a couple of billion people who think they can stuff their religion down my throat.

Atryn Game profile

Sep 23rd 2012, 3:39:52

I never said lowering taxes was a bad thing. However I have yet to see lower taxes.

How could you possibly have "yet to see lower taxes"???

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...-do-on-taxes-in-one-post/

Read up.

For example, from that post:

"Of the stimulus bill, $289.6 billion or 36 percent, was devoted to tax cuts, of which the biggest by far was the Making Work Pay tax credit, which was a refundable tax credit of $400 for individuals and $800 for married couples filing jointly implemented by reducing tax withholding. That structure meant that a fair number of people didn’t even notice their taxes were being cut, even though the credit cost a total of $116.2 billion."

You would probably be in that category of people who "didn't even notice"?

The graphs therein will help you find your tax decreases by income bracket.

Klown Game profile

Sep 23rd 2012, 11:03:12

Obama has killed business for my company and in fact has decimated my entire region through his policies on coal. He said back in 2008 that he was going to bankrupt the coal industry and he meant it. As if this area wasn't depressed enough... mines are shutting down left and right because of crippling EPA regulations that make it impossible to operate.

Dissidenticn

Sep 23rd 2012, 15:26:18

People still use coal? Mother of god that's dirty energy... Do you live in China or something?

locket Game profile

Sep 23rd 2012, 15:47:47

Originally posted by Dissidenticn:
People still use coal? Mother of god that's dirty energy... Do you live in China or something?

OBAMA DESTROYING CHINA'S ECONOMY? FIND OUT NEXT TIME AT EARTHEMPIRES.COM!

Klown Game profile

Sep 23rd 2012, 17:16:22

Originally posted by Dissidenticn:

You're pretty ignorant...

http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/sources/1205

63% of Saskatchewan's energy comes from coal.

Edited By: Klown on Sep 23rd 2012, 17:22:23
See Original Post

Dissidenticn

Sep 23rd 2012, 19:09:07

we've only got 3 coal power stations out of 20, the largest producer, "Boundary Dam Power Station" integrated Carbon Capture and Storage Demonstration Project is a $1.4 billion project to retrofit the coal-fired unit 3 with carbon capture and an enhanced oil recovery system. The project when complete is expected to result in 1 million tonnes/year reduction in CO2 emissions.

Something else that must be kept in mind is that Saskatchewan has just barely over 1 million people in it... negligible in terms of power usage.

While it's true that coal is still a really dirty fuel source, at least Saskatchewan is doing something to limit the carbon footprint.

Anything else you fluffing Klown?

Edited By: Dissidenticn on Sep 23rd 2012, 19:14:45
See Original Post

Klown Game profile

Sep 23rd 2012, 19:26:25

I repeat, 63% of your electricity comes from coal.