Verified:

hanlong Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 2:51:06

Originally posted by highrock:
without at least 4 or 5 other clanmates helping you out.

that's why this is the alliance game, not primary ;P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

highrock Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 2:52:04

Originally posted by hanlong:
without at least 4 or 5 other clanmates helping you out.

that's why this is the alliance game, not primary ;P

LOL that's what people who can't net and have to rely on FA to the top say! you know better than that hanlong :P
formerly Viola MD

Autocorrect Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 2:52:43

What are these profiles you mention?

You know this game has been around much longer than that right? It (many years ago) was actually challenging to place top 10?

Jut saying, and the fact that you have over such a short period managed to place well is great, but it really means nothing.

highrock Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 2:54:18

Originally posted by Autocorrect:

You know this game has been around much longer than that right? It (many years ago) was actually challenging to place top 10?

Jut saying, and the fact that you have over such a short period managed to place well is great, but it really means nothing.

http://alliance.www.earthempires.com/serverprofile?id=3440

Well I played 10 years ago but came back recently, so I can't really control what happened in the ten years in between.
formerly Viola MD

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 2:54:20

Yet somehow only 3 or 4 of Laffers can consistently finish in the top 10? If it were so easy, why doesn't everybody do it. I'm pretty sure if I were gifted land the way Laf is most resets, I can hang with/beat any one of you most of the time. I don't understand why that's so hard to believe. You, Xin, Hanlong, bakku, and eug are elite netgainers, some of the best of the best, but I've beaten you before (and you've beaten me too). I've beaten bakku and eug before as well. I taught bakku how to destock the first time he won. The only person who I think might be better than me is hanlong, but I think we're very close. In any given reset, depending on land and politics, any one of us can win, but I think my track record is way more consistent than any one of you so I don't know why you think I don't have a grasp on reality...

#1 There are about 30-40? laffers with t10's currently active in laf -_-
#2 You've never beaten me.
#3 Give me an example of when i have ever received free land.

You have 5 t10's from 8 attempts, I have 4 top 10's (including the current nw record for the server) from 4 attempts.

If you want a netgaining competition with me im game, but your "track record" doesnt show much more than an average t10 guy that can win if laf dont netgain. Similar to lenshark, for example (i know, that's harsh, lens if far worse than you)

hanlong Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 2:55:43

what i meant by that highrock is midfeeding with your tech ring/d allies.

it requires coordination with your allies, which is what makes this not a solo server.

i'm not talking about FA here =)

and yes you can solo midfeed also, that's what you would normally do in solo servers anyways.. and yes your personal netgaining skill will help you fend off for yourself
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 2:55:58

This is the alliance server. There is nothing wrong in leveraging what your clan has to offer.

highrock Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:00:10

Originally posted by SolidSnake:

Yet somehow only 3 or 4 of Laffers can consistently finish in the top 10? If it were so easy, why doesn't everybody do it. I'm pretty sure if I were gifted land the way Laf is most resets, I can hang with/beat any one of you most of the time. I don't understand why that's so hard to believe. You, Xin, Hanlong, bakku, and eug are elite netgainers, some of the best of the best, but I've beaten you before (and you've beaten me too). I've beaten bakku and eug before as well. I taught bakku how to destock the first time he won. The only person who I think might be better than me is hanlong, but I think we're very close. In any given reset, depending on land and politics, any one of us can win, but I think my track record is way more consistent than any one of you so I don't know why you think I don't have a grasp on reality...

#1 There are about 30-40? laffers with t10's currently active in laf -_-
#2 You've never beaten me.
#3 Give me an example of when i have ever received free land.

You have 5 t10's from 8 attempts, I have 4 top 10's (including the current nw record for the server) from 4 attempts.

If you want a netgaining competition with me im game, but your "track record" doesnt show much more than an average t10 guy that can win if laf dont netgain. Similar to lenshark, for example (i know, that's harsh, lens if far worse than you)

which 4 countries have you been? maybe i haven't beaten you, but i've definitely beaten bakku and eug on even ground.
formerly Viola MD

highrock Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:01:39

it requires coordination with your allies, which is what makes this not a solo server.

and yes you can solo midfeed also, that's what you would normally do in solo servers anyways.. and yes your personal netgaining skill will help you fend off for yourself

yes but in solo servers, you don't have alliance mates to help you retal. i wanna see you try to midfeed by yourself on alliance (in the middle of the reset, not late grabs)!
formerly Viola MD

hanlong Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:03:41

i've midfed by myself before in alliance.

one of my alliance wins during ~2004 was by midfeeding when the trend for techers was to go tyranny bottomfeeding and no one else did it with me.

nothing can be ruled out really. you just do whatever is best based on the conditions/environment/etc.

that specific case my bottomfeeding phase let me be 3.5k fatter than the next fattest guy in alliance, and as a techer i felt that no one could retal me (and it held true), so i quickly grabbed to 20k and stocked and won off that.

i don't know what i'm going to do until i see and analyze everything out there in front of me ;P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Autocorrect Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:03:59

Wait a second you have only warred once. o_O
LaF appears to have warred 3 times, with SolidSnake pushing almost 7k attacks in that time. It seems to me that overall NW stat is somewhat flawed.

There are at least 7 names I recognize as LaF in the top 10 of the most top 10s list. But only 1 from MD. Seems kind of laarish.

highrock Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:06:51

Wait a second you have only warred once. o_O
LaF appears to have warred 3 times, with SolidSnake pushing almost 7k attacks in that time. It seems to me that overall NW stat is somewhat flawed.

There are at least 7 names I recognize in the top 10 of the most top 10s list. But only 1 from MD. Seems kind of laarish.

I've actually warred three resets, including one set where I was involved in two wars. Also, none of my finishes have involved any FA or alliance buyout or anything. Even Laf should be able to admit that I'm one of the cleanest top netgainers.
formerly Viola MD

Autocorrect Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:13:31

For 3 wars 1500 hits is terrible.

The point is that MD is harboring 1 or 2 top ten netters while LaF and to a lesser extent Evo are harboring many.

Means more land requirements, more protection, more chance of war.

Free land? what do you mean? You keep talking about free land.

hanlong Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:13:32

anyways this thread is stupid really.

in the modern era, highrock is one of the most consistent netgainers. he has netgained more resets than most of the rest of us (started earlier) and fought less true wars.

he is also one of the staples of a t10 spot since EE began.

if you look at the total networth leaderboards the top is mostly omega/evo (with highrock in there, but also because he was originally in omega).

MD (outside of highrock) obviously won't be in there because they came to EE relatively late, just like a lot of the LaFfers mentioned. you can't possibly think netgaining for 4 resets will match nw in 8 resets for the leaderboards.

i told highrock this before, his biggest strength in netgaining is his demo destocking, while his biggest weakness is landgaining. in this era where land is scarce, it helps him out tremendously and the results obviously show this.

i'll freely admit highrock probably knows about demo destocking more than i do, but i'm very confident i'll out landgrab him anyday of the week (even before midfeeding phases these past few resets i was consistently fatter than highrock during pure bottomfeeding phase)

back when land was plentiful i don't recall highrock ever placing t50 even let alone t10 (i actively talked to most of the top netgainers back then, and t50 was considered good back then cuz of the sheer player size...)

this current environment defniitely focuses more on the technical skills of stocking/destocking more than landgrabbing ability... and highrock is clearly showing his abilities there and using them to achieve top spots.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:17:37

The point is that MD is harboring 1 or 2 top ten netters while LaF and to a lesser extent Evo are harboring many.

Evo are harbouring many t10 capable netgainers? you're lying. I can name 1? diez... other than that im at a loss...

Autocorrect Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:18:07

Consistent isn't best.

Instead KJ wins. This is what he wanted.

Isn't Lenshark from evo? Osso too?

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:18:38

no autocorrect, this game has been around about 2 years

the game it was copied from was around for many many years :)
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

highrock Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:18:45

The hit counts for Laf are probably skewed from last reset because they warred all set. I'll freely admit I'm not the best warrer, but i was fully participating in every single war.

What alliance are you in? You don't seem to know much about the netgaining environment these days. I won't rehash stuff from past resets, but the idea that it's easier to net in Omega or MD than Laf or Evo is ridiculous. I'm sure Laf or Evo will freely admit this.
formerly Viola MD

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:20:50

Consistent isn't best.

Instead KJ wins. This is what he wanted.

Isn't Lenshark from evo? Osso too?

Calling someone lenshark is my uber troll... it just means they are really really bad at netgaining.

edit: and really wars effect netgaining differently, 500 breaker hits vs 1000 finisher hits, early war vs late war, techer vs casher/farmer while warring etc. Its not so easily quantifiable how a war effects a finishing nw. Sometimes they can improve finishing nw's, sometimes they ruin them, and you may have put the same amount of hits out in both and won in the same amount of time.

Edited By: SolidSnake on Feb 3rd 2012, 3:23:21
See Original Post

highrock Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:21:07

anyways this thread is stupid really.

in the modern era, highrock is one of the most consistent netgainers. he has netgained more resets than most of the rest of us (started earlier) and fought less true wars.

he is also one of the staples of a t10 spot since EE began.

if you look at the total networth leaderboards the top is mostly omega/evo (with highrock in there, but also because he was originally in omega).

MD (outside of highrock) obviously won't be in there because they came to EE relatively late, just like a lot of the LaFfers mentioned. you can't possibly think netgaining for 4 resets will match nw in 8 resets for the leaderboards.

i told highrock this before, his biggest strength in netgaining is his demo destocking, while his biggest weakness is landgaining. in this era where land is scarce, it helps him out tremendously and the results obviously show this.

i'll freely admit highrock probably knows about demo destocking more than i do, but i'm very confident i'll out landgrab him anyday of the week (even before midfeeding phases these past few resets i was consistently fatter than highrock during pure bottomfeeding phase)

back when land was plentiful i don't recall highrock ever placing t50 even let alone t10 (i actively talked to most of the top netgainers back then, and t50 was considered good back then cuz of the sheer player size...)

this current environment defniitely focuses more on the technical skills of stocking/destocking more than landgrabbing ability... and highrock is clearly showing his abilities there and using them to achieve top spots.

yep this sums it up properly. i'm not as good getting land as the elite laffers, and hanlong perfectly places laffers in a position to get land almost every set. i'll admit hanlong and other laffers will outgrab me any day (even dazedboy does!), but i do more with less land than most people.
formerly Viola MD

hanlong Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:23:52

Evo are harbouring many t10 capable netgainers? you're lying. I can name 1? diez... other than that im at a loss...

heh ss, evo has lenshark/osso/florian/aranruth that i saw make t10 after i got back.

osso especially had one impressive bottomfeeding reset from what i recall that forced me to take a gambit and switch to casher mid reset (cuz he was farmer and fatter than me) that paid off in order to beat him.

i believe florian was that t10 commie that was impressive to me.

Edited By: hanlong on Feb 3rd 2012, 3:26:18
See Original Post
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

highrock Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:25:39

i think anybody who plays a t10 commie is impressive. that is my next goal.

heh ss, evo has lenshark/osso/florian/aranruth that i saw make t10 after i got back.

osso especially had one impressive bottomfeeding reset from what i recall that forced me to take a gambit and switch to casher mid reset (cuz he was farmer and fatter than me) that paid off in order to beat him.

i think anybody who plays a t10 commie is impressive.
formerly Viola MD

Autocorrect Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:25:57

Originally posted by Warster:

Okay technically true but being most if not all players are from that game, so transferred was the history.

I have played in both Evo, LaF, Monsters, and Omega. I would say while you can get away with more in both Evo and LaF in both cases unless you know someone you aren't getting the support from foreign affairs to pull off anything. The old netters are going to get more fight for them.

highrock Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:28:52

Originally posted by Warster:

Okay technically true but being most if not all players are from that game, so transferred was the history.

I have played in both Evo, LaF, Monsters, and Omega. I would say while you can get away with more in both Evo and LaF in both cases unless you know someone you aren't getting the support from foreign affairs to pull off anything. The old netters are going to get more fight for them.

That's the thing. Most alliances (MD and Omega included) don't really pull off anything. The only alliance that does is really Laf when they midfeed. But it is much easier to net in Evo or Laf because of their netgaining tools, better tech allies, leaders who are focused on/know how to position their alliances for netting. Of all the ridiculous claims I've made tonight, the one that is absolutely true is that being in Evo or Laf during a netting set gives you a significant advantage over any other alliance.
formerly Viola MD

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:33:48

much easier to make top 10 on a server with 800 players then when you have a server with 15000- 20000 players

hence why its easier to get in the top 10 now
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

archaic Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:38:56

here's a thought, how about Laf and Evo dont war next set, then we shall see some genuine netgaining and then HR can prove if he's really as good as he says he is.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:40:34

Gawd Hlw, such a killjoy, im here trying to rile up emotion for a netgaining competition and you're talking about how great everyone is. Such a fairy.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:45:14

I'm backing off since Highrock has admitted most of his claims in this thread are ridiculous. :)

Although technically, I would also say netgaining isn't a fair competition unless both countries are in the same alliance. So I'm with Highrock regarding his "join 3rd alliance and net it out" idea.

Son Goku Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:52:58

Yet somehow only 3 or 4 of Laffers can consistently finish in the top 10?

What?

Chewi Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 3:53:10

Should have kept at the flamming so SS puts effort into a netting set.

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 4:12:58

Originally posted by Chewi:

Exactly! only reason I netgained last time was slagpit said I hadnt won ee. -_-

archaic Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 4:21:12

allow me to formally invite you guys to PDM to have your netting battle. I'm getting sick of Balin winning all the time
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Chewi Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 4:34:08

Well to be fair to slagpit you are worse than lenshark.

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 4:35:10

Well to be fair to slagpit you are worse than lenshark.

Dont forget to sell buy oil chewi, its go time :P

Chewi Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 4:38:31

I almost beat that country this set with like 1300 less turns used.

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 4:51:00

Hmm, I wrote dont forget to sell buy oil... I should be going to bed -_-

Chaoswind Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 5:14:35

yes but in solo servers, you don't have alliance mates to help you retal. i wanna see you try to midfeed by yourself on alliance (in the middle of the reset, not late grabs)!

you mean without Offense allies?

easy enough, I did it all set long... or you mean without any kind of allies?

because that is just utter nonsense, there is NO reason for anyone to fail a Retal, if they can't do it on their own they can just get 3 Off allies + 50% PS, as thus is uter nonsense to try to outrun retals, you will just end wasting a fluffton of military and losing the land anyways.

If you try to outrun midfeeds you may get away with it once maybe twice, but after that everyone is going to be ready to retal/rape you, not to mention the likehood of getting suicided goes to the roof.
time to sleep....
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

trep Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 5:51:08

*huggles everyone*

hanlong Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 6:06:27

Chewi: you are the only t10 player i've seen who also played 4k turns (aka the whole reset) during a netgaining reset and finish like 30M nw.

FAIL
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Mr.Silver

Feb 3rd 2012, 7:00:10

This thread started as a congratulatory thread for the little alliances and has managed to turn into a who's the best... Thread

I find it funny that 10 years ago these threads would come up " who's the Best netgainer" usually it was the same 9 or 10 names over and over.

Only difference is back then none of those would say " I'm better than so and so" instead would all claim to be at about the same level... And that any of them could win based on how a reset played out ( wars, suiciders, strat picked) and if you asked any player who they thought was the best all would say Ronnie.

Fast forward to now where we get the same sort if thread but its mainly posted on by players in that caliber insttead of those that admire them and players who are among the elite in the game ARE actually saying "I'm better than you"

So far the most useful post I've seen wss hanlong where he said his and highrocks strengths and that each has an area of the game they excel.

The rest of this thread is goofy

Edited By: Mr.Silver on Feb 3rd 2012, 7:09:41
See Original Post

locket Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 7:11:02

Highrock, come join Laf next time we net it out and have the competition here ;)

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2012, 8:04:16

Originally posted by Mr.Silver:
This thread started as a congratulatory thread for the little alliances and has managed to turn into a who's the best... Thread
Maybe there's not really that much to talk about in the little alliances' finishes with the exception of Oden and the MD countries who are being talked about.

No one cares where RD or PDM finish after all the landtrading and internal landfarming, especially if they still get beat by people like highrock.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

iScode Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 11:05:18

man you netters are a bunch of fluffes...

real females.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 12:04:29

Talking about unorthodox top 10s, there is a dead RD in there...

ArsenalMD Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 12:22:00

What the hell is all this?!

Sir Balin Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 12:53:46

peen measuring

LaFinglolrik Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 13:19:41

i have won EE once by beating SG with like 4 M! I R THE LEET!! see Even i made number 1. i are the best netgainer and i do best grabbing and i do best everything cuz i r so best in the world on earth empires and there is no one who can make better rep casher than me bacuse im elite rep casher!

Sir Balin Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 13:30:33

i beat all of laf while they were netgaining shortly before E:2025 closed. no FA or aid of any kind, just DR camping and farming untaggeds for land, then market camping.

LaFinglolrik Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 13:35:38

Oo. I think that can be the weakest point in LaF History. Because i the leetest netgainer was not playing then i would probably make chipotle dip sauce of u with my all x rainbow spy nation.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2012, 13:54:22

i thought you had made a list of the top 10 landtraders selffarmers buyouts and FA chains or something

sad face