... what would the world be like today? :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Fooglmog Game profile

Dec 30th 2011, 3:46:19

I assume you mean, if Al Gore had won the court battle... right? Because he won the election.

*Stirs the pot*

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

hanlong Game profile

Dec 30th 2011, 3:51:40

i'd be poorer personally but the USA wouldn't be broke :D
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

mrford Game profile

Dec 30th 2011, 4:05:22

manbearpig would of gone extinct
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 30th 2011, 4:14:26

He wouldn't have made millions on global warming fraud?

archaic Game profile

Dec 30th 2011, 4:18:34

OK, for the record Al Gore lost and he deserved to lose. I ranted about this on AT a long time ago, but I'll revisit for fluffs and giggles.

Al Gore committed an unforgivable political sin for which he was banished to obscurity. He did something that not even Walter Mondale, Mike Dukkakis, Jimmy Carter, or anybody else that ever got blown out in an election did. He lost his home state. He was born, raised, drafted into Vietnam, and served as senator of Tennessee and still lost it. The interstate highways in Tennessee are fluffing named after his dad, and he still lost his home state - badly. He did not even try to dance with who brought him to the party, he just wrote his homeland off.

If he had picked up the 11 electoral votes in his home state, Florida would not have mattered - but he could not be bothered. So the election gods smite him down and cast him into a purgatory of book signings and guest hosting and decreed that his name would never appear on a ballot again.

So shall it be written, so shall it be done.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

mrford Game profile

Dec 30th 2011, 4:24:58

but.....manbearpig
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Cabrito Game profile

Dec 30th 2011, 5:03:42

then Bin Laden would still be alive and the US would be missing more then just the twin towers
When the white man discovered this country,
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.
White man thought he could improve on a system like this. - Cherokee proverb

braden Game profile

Dec 30th 2011, 5:54:18

well, as president he would have invented the internet 2.0, you know, the far better one than he created his first go at it.

.... its kind of like a half man, half bear and half pig

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 30th 2011, 10:05:21

would've been the 7th sign of the apocalypse.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

KingKaosKnows

Dec 30th 2011, 14:26:47

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
I assume you mean, if Al Gore had won the court battle... right? Because he won the election.

*Stirs the pot*

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

He did win it.

Also I fail to see the conection to Al Gore = destroyed US.

What exactly did Bush? He was a mediocre leader, others guided him all the way to uber failture, Gore would had similar people to guide him with the contrast of not being a complete moron.

He may had done worse than bush, or he might had done better than him, maybe he would have fought the war on terror on the best possible way with is to isolate the extremist by capitalizing on the whole victimized thing, and not waste the golden chance of changing the world views of the US in a single clean sweep.

Not like the US needs the world for anything, you guys can clearly sustain yourselves infinitely.

Bush took some of the worse decisions a president has taken in decades, so I hardly thing Al would had done it that much worse.

Cabrito Game profile

Dec 30th 2011, 22:06:18

This was sent to me a few years back.

Does Anyone remember this??

It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"

Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir."

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, "Isn't that just a little excessive?"

"No, sir," continued Ollie.

"No? And why not?" the senator asked.

"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir."

"Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned.

"By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.

"Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

"His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.

"Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered.
http://img.photobucket.com/...ms/v429/Cabrito/emp-1.jpg
"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator.

"Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth."

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.
http://img.photobucket.com/...ms/v429/Cabrito/emp-2.jpg

By the way, that senator was Al Gore

Also:

Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners."

However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released.
http://img.photobucket.com/...ms/v429/Cabrito/emp-3.jpg
Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the US from all later reports.
http://img.photobucket.com/...ms/v429/Cabrito/emp-4.jpg

I put links to the pictures that came with the email.

Edited By: Cabrito on Dec 30th 2011, 22:24:14
See Original Post
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

Dec 30th 2011, 22:22:52

$60k for a home security system? i'd just move out of the dang house and let them blow it up.

Sifos Game profile

Dec 30th 2011, 23:15:00

Originally posted by Pang:
... what would the world be like today? :p

Girls would have 4 boobies?
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

Dec 31st 2011, 0:07:15

BBC!!!

Cougar Game profile

Dec 31st 2011, 1:05:16

Its amazing what one can find with a google search like "snopes oliver north", or "snopes mohammed atta"

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.asp

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/atta.asp

But seriously, i actually trust the mass email that someone sent you a few years ago. On the internet, there is no higher authority on facts, especially in politics.

Thanks for the pics too! Evoking emotional responses by putting up images of atrocities.... nothing but class! Glad you were able to save those for all this time to share with us, here, now =)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 31st 2011, 1:07:39

That's how I make all my decisions... If it aint emailed to me it aint worth my time!

Cabrito Game profile

Dec 31st 2011, 2:07:45

glad yahoo lets ya keep em for that long lol.
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

Klown Game profile

Dec 31st 2011, 19:16:14

Our economy would be utterly crippled through carbon taxes, the bankruptcy of the oil and coal industries, and twenty dollar gasoline and thousand dollar power bills. But the future of social security would be safely locked in a lock box. Ps fooglmog, presidential elections are won through the electoral college in this country.

ponderer Game profile

Dec 31st 2011, 20:51:26

our economy would be utterly crippled by a recklessly unregulated financial sector, we would have lost thousands of young men to a war that squandered our ability to actually make the word safer for our interests, and we would have spent billions bailing out the folks who killed the economy, while telling the rest of the population that this is an adjustment, and that anyone over 55 to enjoy their involuntary retirement ... oh wait that's what happened with Bush. I have a hard time believing that Gore could have done a worst job.
m0m0rific

aponic Game profile

Jan 1st 2012, 19:59:16

A politician does not win a state so he is a bad politician. That is certainly a fallacy archaic. I would say something more but it is obvious that you dont read. Al Gore might not have been a great president but the argument that his enviornmental policies would have bankrupted the nation is laughable. Deregulation and wars waged by the Bush administration most certainly bankrupted us. The problem with US politics is that we fail to discuss pressing issues and instead debate miniscule issues, burying any chance for liberty.
SOF
Cerevisi

Unsympathetic Game profile

Jan 1st 2012, 22:46:16

If Al Gore had won the election in 2000, you and your friends would have jobs today.

JackalSoC Game profile

Jan 2nd 2012, 1:12:12

lol

Sifos Game profile

Jan 2nd 2012, 2:00:06

Originally posted by Cougar:
Its amazing what one can find with a google search like "snopes oliver north", or "snopes mohammed atta"

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.asp

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/atta.asp

It's amazing what one can find with a google search like "earth empires if al gore"

http://forums.earthempires.com/...f-al-gore-had-won-in-2000
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

Angel1 Game profile

Jan 2nd 2012, 15:36:57

Originally posted by aponic:
A politician does not win a state so he is a bad politician. That is certainly a fallacy archaic. I would say something more but it is obvious that you dont read.

A candidate winning their home state is a given in any election. Al Gore did not try to win Tennessee. He gave the state up without a fight. If you know you can't win your home state, then you have no business running for President. People are tested in their home state's for political careers. It's not about winning just one state, it's about winning the only state that matters. Yes, every state is important, but a candidate's home state is the one that knows them best. They can put on a front for everyone else, but the home state buys only what they already know. The home state is the one that's put them into position for a presidential run, so it's natural that by that point the state is very likely to vote for them. but if they don't, then they have seen something they just don't like.

Archaic is right, Gore couldn't win his own proving grounds, so he didn't deserve the presidency. Furthermore, the hoopla around Florida could have impacted voting in other parts of the nation where voting was ongoing at the time. If someone has already won, why vote?

For the record, the US Supreme Court only held that the state of Florida had to use the same standards for recounting in all parts of the state and that they had to abide by the deadline. Florida decided that they could not recount the votes in an acceptable manner in the time they had remaining.
-Angel1

trumper Game profile

Jan 2nd 2012, 15:51:30

Eh, it depends on the standards used in Florida to determine who actually won after the recount or so said the NORC in the review of the ballots. The moral taken from Florida was that states needed uniform counting/recounting rules. I say moral because the USSC's decision was per curiam and not a standard opinion therefore (attorneys correct me if I am misstaken) it's not considered a precedent-worthy opinion.

Back to the orignial point of the thread. The more I have worked in politics either for an elected official or closely enough in the system, the more I have come to recognize that the differences in executive's is not nearly as large as people believe the difference to be. The bureaucracy is it's own beast and lingering judges lose often lose their loyalties resulting in a patchwork system that sometimes defies political winners. In other words, big changes are very hard to come by and what you're arguing over is more priorities of the day than it is changing directions.

An Al Gore Presidency probably means we're further in debt today than we would be before. Not that GWB didn't increase the debt by huge margins, he did, but that Gore would have used the situations to increase the debt more. I think we have tougher environmental laws and our energy prices are probably nearly twice as high. I suspect we don't fight Iraq, but instead we would have ended up in a series of smaller conflicts or in Iran (and we may still end up in all of the above). I think the housing crisis is deeper because GWB's compassion conservatism everyone should own a home is multipled in Al Gore's mind by 10, but simultaneously his stimulus is 10x bigger. I think he would have tried to nationalize the big banks. And I think the 2006 sweeps would have been huge for Rs and then 08 even bigger. But would it have changed much? That, I'm not so sure on.

aponic Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 5:44:52

Originally posted by Angel1:
A politician does not win a state so he is a bad politician. That is certainly a fallacy archaic. I would say something more but it is obvious that you dont read.

A candidate winning their home state is a given in any election.

Another fallacy. Presidential elections are not about winning one state, regardless of how you categorize that one state. James Knox Polk, Woodrow Wilson and Richard Nixon all won the Presidency without winning their home state. Al Gore successfully won the popular vote and arguably won the election. My point was valid. Archaic's statement was fallacious and so was yours mate.
SOF
Cerevisi

Revolver Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 19:37:15

Canada would have invaded US!

trumper Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 21:31:01

Originally posted by Angel1:

A candidate winning their home state is a given in any election.

Another fallacy. Presidential elections are not about winning one state, regardless of how you categorize that one state. James Knox Polk, Woodrow Wilson and Richard Nixon all won the Presidency without winning their home state. Al Gore successfully won the popular vote and arguably won the election. My point was valid. Archaic's statement was fallacious and so was yours mate.

Actually, Nixon carried California in all three elections (one he lost and the two he won). You're counting it as NY and those are the only three who lost the state they resided in. With that said, winning your home state doesn't mean you will win the election--just ask John Kerry about that one.

Gore won the popular vote, but speculation as to whether the Florida and other exit polling dissuaded people in mountain and western states from turning out is a fair question. Shoot, it's a question even for the electoral college. For instance, Gore won Oregon by 4/10ths of a point (slightly less than 7,000 total votes of 1.5 mil or so cast). Bush lost New Mexico by 354 votes (statistical tie).

But, the future is yet be to written.

aponic Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 23:25:09

Good points Trumper. Thanks for the clarification on Nixon too.
SOF
Cerevisi

sigma Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 4:32:04

Al Gore requested recounts in several counties in Florida. His fault was not requesting recounts in the entire state.

dsquintz Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 16:52:28

al gore would have wont the election.

until he took an arrow to the knee

Chaoswind Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 20:29:31

^ lame
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Newworld Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 1:34:50

Originally posted by dsquintz:

until he took an arrow to the knee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSDfxde8fSg

Bonus!!!
pew pew pew

Oceana Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 10:55:10

not much different the economy would still be screwed as he wouldn't have re-installed the regulations that Clinton allowed to go back to pre-Depression, especially since he would have had the same congress Bush had.
We would still be in Afganistan, probably Saddam would still be in power in Iraq., which might mean so would Guddafi and Mubarak, as I really expected that a democratic wave would come over the arab lands once it began, and we started that that wave in Iraq.
We would already have delt with some of his pro-enviro issue so our trade deficit might be smaller the dollar might be stronger, but again the economy would probably still suck, no better no worse. though deficit would clearly be smaller... Senate might be in Pub control right now and Obummer would probably never have been heard of... I doubt he would have ever been in federal office...he be still living in Chicago