WOW, r ur legs tired yet?...........................lolololol
Lot/Mars2025
http://cc.ghqnet.com
http://
http://sol.ghqnet.com
http://lot.ghqnet.com

didleoman Game profile

Sep 9th 2011, 20:05:29

most netting clans typically try to not make waves so they can net in peace. rock seems to do the exact opposite, which seems to be why they can never net the set.

ps: bonus

Rockman Game profile

Sep 9th 2011, 20:41:41

Originally posted by didleoman:
most netting clans typically try to not make waves so they can net in peace. rock seems to do the exact opposite, which seems to be why they can never net the set.

ps: bonus

And given the way I've played on FFA, why do you think Mercs is a netting clan? Given that one of our rules is that if we don't pact all war threats, then every country must be a dictator or tyranny. Is that the type of rule a netting clan has? Given the way I talk on FFAT, and the way I acted as a 1 or 2 man tag the last two sets before joining Mercs, or the way I've played in primary, or the way I agitate for war every set in LaF, why would you think I dread going to war?

Pain - according to you, it doesn't matter what Focus knows or doesn't know, that Focus is responsible, even if the alliance FSs without your knowledge or approval. You didn't say Focus will look bad if Mercs FSs IMP with Focus' knowledge and approval. You said Focus will look bad if Mercs FSs Focus, even if its against Focus' wishes.

All the crap you said to us about Focus' responsibilities towards IMP if we FSd them, that same crap applies to your responsibilities towards Mercs if IMP FSs us. It sucks when your words come back to haunt you, doesn't it?

didleoman Game profile

Sep 9th 2011, 21:02:24

still adding words to others' posts i see, but i guess that's how you make your arguments work for you. just because you don't "dread" war doesn't mean all netters have that mentality

Rockman Game profile

Sep 9th 2011, 21:05:06

Originally posted by didleoman:
still adding words to others' posts i see, but i guess that's how you make your arguments work for you. just because you don't "dread" war doesn't mean all netters have that mentality

From the way you wrote your post, it seemed like you were calling mercs a netting clan. I apologize for interpreting your post incorrectly. Your second post still seems to be calling us netters, am I wrong for making that interpretation, too?

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 9th 2011, 21:08:27

Rockman...

FoCuS was right in telling you not to FS IMP. They pacted IMP, a clan they have warred many times and do not like, so they could protect PANLV and MERCS from being FSed. How bad would they look if they let you hit IMP? It would look planned from the start and trust me, the trollers would have had a field day with it.

If you saw Rampage Jackson (The UFC Fighter) walking down the street, would you walk up to him and tell him that he sucked in the "A-Team" Movie? NO... You'd keep your mouth shut, and not point out the truth. Otherwise Rampage would smash your face in just because. That is exactly what happened here. IMP was preparing to fight a UFC Fight against FoCuS, and here you come running your mouth about them, you annoyed them, they were bigger than you, so they beat your face in as a warm up to there fight with FoCuS.

+1 for FoCuS
-1 for Rockman (Not MERCS, none of the rest of you are retarded)
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

Rockman Game profile

Sep 9th 2011, 21:41:48

Dedlysmurf - would IMP have been upset if we FSd them? No, that would have ruined Focus' plans, but IMP would have been happy to beat us in a war where we got the FS (if they would in fact beat us).

Focus is the one who loses if Mercs FSs IMP. Imp doesn't lose, mercs doesn't lose.

You also make the assumption that if Mercs FSd IMP, that we still would have been blown out. I strongly disagree with that assertion, and at a minimum, if we FSd with warready countries, we would probably cut the country deficit by 15-30 after we do our FS and IMP does their CS (depending on how warready IMP is). With that much of a cut into their country count, we would probably be outproducing them right from the start, and we would need to rely on what we believe to be the superior quality of our countries (even IMP won't deny that) and our superior ability to organize a war effort (IMP will dispute that).

You like to assume that Mercs is incompetent at war, but I can assure you, that is not the case. Just because we don't suck at netting, that doesn't mean we suck at war.

KyleCleric Game profile

Sep 9th 2011, 21:49:21

i guess low spy, no sdi, and no missile countries are terrific war countries. :P
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Rockman Game profile

Sep 9th 2011, 21:52:42

Originally posted by KyleCleric:
i guess low spy, no sdi, and no missile countries are terrific war countries. :P

We took Focus' word for it that you weren't going to hit us.

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 9th 2011, 22:01:30

The Timetable as it should have happened:

1. FoCuS pacts IMP to protect PANLV and MERCS from FS by IMP
2. FoCuS and IMP discuss Friendly War
3. IMP launches FS on FoCuS for planned war
4. Everyones Happy.

The Timetable as it Actually happened:

1. FoCuS pacts IMP to protect PANLV and MERCS from FS by IMP
2. Rockman runs his mouth about IMP
3. FoCuS and IMP discuss Friendly War
4. Rockman runs his mouth about IMP
5. Rockman asks FoCuS if they can FS IMP
6. FoCuS tells Rockman no. Friendly War is in the works with IMP.
7. Rockman runs his mouth about IMP.
8. IMP says fluff it and FS's MERCS because Rockman ran his mouth.
9. FoCuS declares on IMP.
10. Everyones Happy.

How exactly is FoCuS at fault for MERCS getting killed again? Because they told you to stay out of there planned war with IMP? If you would have kept your mouth shut, your allies could have had the war they wanted. Instead, you got killed and ruined it for nobody but yourself.

Then you come on FFAT of all places, and try to bash your ally. I doubt MERCS will get another DP as long as your still around. You've proved how well you treat your DP's this set.

(Also, Nobody cares what COULD have happened against IMP. IMP Killed you, because you ran your mouth. FoCuS tried to protect you from that, but you just couldn't do it)

Rico Game profile

Sep 9th 2011, 22:22:48

Originally posted by Rockman:

We took Focus' word for it that you weren't going to hit us.

That doesn't explain the low spies and no missiles. Sure, you sold troops and thought you did not need anymore SDI. But if you planned to hit IMP you know you were going to need better SPAL and some chems.

Rico Game profile

Sep 9th 2011, 22:29:18

What I don't get, why ask Focus for permission in the first place? How does the topic even come up?

If you want to FS an enemy, just do it. You didn't need Focus' permission... unless what you were trying to do was get their help in the FS and then that is when they said no.

CX LaE Game profile

Sep 9th 2011, 22:49:27

Before IMP's FS, I had 250 missiles on low warfare countries. Getcha facts straight please.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

Rockman Game profile

Sep 9th 2011, 23:09:10

Originally posted by Rico:
What I don't get, why ask Focus for permission in the first place? How does the topic even come up?

If you want to FS an enemy, just do it. You didn't need Focus' permission... unless what you were trying to do was get their help in the FS and then that is when they said no.

We knew that Focus had been preparing all set to war you guys. I had this messed up idea that since we knew that Focus was planning to war you, I should ask them before we hit you. Clearly, the honor and respect I had for how you treat allies was not appropriate for FFA. I have rectified this, and I am now treating allies the way you are supposed to treat them.

Our countries had low SPAL because we were growing about 2000 acres a day per country as an alliance. Maintaining a high SPAL with that type of growth is not feasible. The low SDI is easily rectified, especially since most of our countries had cash stockpiles, as is the low troop counts. Missiles are not necessary for a war effort, I'll take a strong economy with good SDI and a good military over warfare tech and missiles.

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 0:24:07

If you knew FoCuS was planning on warring IMP all set why the hell do you ask them if you can FS IMP to begin with?

Rockman Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 0:34:08

Originally posted by DeDLySMuRF:
If you knew FoCuS was planning on warring IMP all set why the hell do you ask them if you can FS IMP to begin with?

We asked them to either FS IMP or let us do it if they weren't going to. We only started suggesting that we FS IMP after Focus repeatedly were dragging their feet about war, insisting that they wanted IMP to FS them rather than them FSing IMP. This also coincided with our countries getting back to decent sizes after the war, as we needed to grow our countries bigger to be able to war against IMP.

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 0:48:16

So what your saying is, you didn't want your DP to have the war they wanted. You didn't want them to let IMP make the FS. You wanted your DP to break there pact with IMP and hit them when they were not expecting it. Sounds about right coming from you...

Rico Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 1:05:23

IMP FSed you 10 days after your war ended with CC. A Tuesday night. We started saving turns about 3 days before the FS. (Saturday)

That means to catch us by surprise you would have needed to FS us on Friday, and you would have needed three days to save up full turns 120 (120). So you would have needed to have made the decision and gotten the word out to save turns on Tuesday the 23rd to catch IMP by surprise. That would be roughly three days after your war ended with CC.

I just don't see you guys being ready to take us on that soon even if Focus had given you the go ahead.

Rockman Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 2:30:44

So what your saying is, you didn't want your DP to have the war they wanted. You didn't want them to let IMP make the FS. You wanted your DP to break there pact with IMP and hit them when they were not expecting it. Sounds about right coming from you...

If we didn't want them to have the war they wanted, why did we give them the courtesy of asking their permission to hit IMP, and abide by their wishes and not hit IMP? Additionally, we were not aware that they had pacted IMP when we first asked them to hit IMP, and they did not give that as their excuse for why they couldn't hit IMP.

You're a fluffing idiot.

Rockman Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 2:31:37

Originally posted by Rico:
IMP FSed you 10 days after your war ended with CC. A Tuesday night. We started saving turns about 3 days before the FS. (Saturday)

That means to catch us by surprise you would have needed to FS us on Friday, and you would have needed three days to save up full turns 120 (120). So you would have needed to have made the decision and gotten the word out to save turns on Tuesday the 23rd to catch IMP by surprise. That would be roughly three days after your war ended with CC.

I just don't see you guys being ready to take us on that soon even if Focus had given you the go ahead.

It looks like you didn't learn from our war with CC about how we war.

Rico Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 2:46:37

It looks like you didn't learn from our war with CC about how we war.

fluffty?

Pain Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 3:00:19

If we didn't want them to have the war they wanted, why did we give them the courtesy of asking their permission to hit IMP, and abide by their wishes and not hit IMP? Additionally, we were not aware that they had pacted IMP when we first asked them to hit IMP, and they did not give that as their excuse for why they couldn't hit IMP.

You're a fluffing idiot.

rockman you should double check your facts before you outright lie. i thought you were "honest"

this log is from aug 22nd, well before you planned to hit IMP.

<Rockman> we need to close the land gap with IMP, and we can declare on em
[14:41] <Rockman> right now we got a lot of restarts and our originals spent a week not growing at all
[14:41] <Rockman> and often being ABd or nuked
[14:42] <Rockman> so did you pact IMP?
[14:45] <Pain> yea
[14:45] <Pain> but dont hit them

Your mother is a nice woman

Pain Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 3:02:22

and in case you want to claim you didnt know we added the clause, this was that same day BEFORE you asked if i actually signed the pact

[14:37] <Pain> basically
[14:37] <Pain> when he asked for a pact i gave him 2 conditions
[14:37] <Rockman> yep, we knew they were aiming for us
[14:37] <Pain> 1 was they pact pan
[14:37] <Rockman> he asked you for a pact?
[14:37] <Pain> the second was they dont hit our DP
[14:38] <Rockman> ah
[14:38] <Pain> because i was told they wanted to kill you

Rockman Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 3:03:58

[quote poster=Pain; 12172; 214429]

You're a fluffing idiot.

rockman you should double check your facts before you outright lie. i thought you were "honest"

this log is from aug 22nd, well before you planned to hit IMP.

<Rockman> we need to close the land gap with IMP, and we can declare on em
[14:41] <Rockman> right now we got a lot of restarts and our originals spent a week not growing at all
[14:41] <Rockman> and often being ABd or nuked
[14:42] <Rockman> so did you pact IMP?
[14:45] <Pain> yea
[14:45] <Pain> but dont hit them

[/quote]

That was not the first time that we had told you that we were worried about IMP hitting us and that we wanted you to take away the possibility of IMP hitting us.

edit: And if that was the first time we had asked you about hitting IMP, I think that shows that we were not aware of that when we first asked you.

Your log proves me right. Thank you for proving that I was indeed telling the truth.

Edited By: Rockman on Sep 10th 2011, 3:07:37
See Original Post

Rockman Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 3:09:54

I don't think I ever thanked you for the other log you posted in this thread, where you stated how Focus would look bad if mercs hit IMP. Every time you post a log of our chats, it proves me right and makes you look bad.

Pain Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 3:12:06

wow you are seriously retarded. that was the 22nd of aug. you CFed on the 19th with CC. you had not mentioned hitting IMP prior to that. i have logs of EVERY ONE of our conversations dating back to the middle of last set. the 22nd was the FIRST time you mentioned it and i told you that very day we pacted IMP, added the clause, and told you not to hit them.

you can try to twist it hoever you want rockman the proof is there for everyone to see.

Rockman Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 3:22:08

Originally posted by Pain:
wow you are seriously retarded. that was the 22nd of aug. you CFed on the 19th with CC. you had not mentioned hitting IMP prior to that. i have logs of EVERY ONE of our conversations dating back to the middle of last set. the 22nd was the FIRST time you mentioned it and i told you that very day we pacted IMP, added the clause, and told you not to hit them.

you can try to twist it hoever you want rockman the proof is there for everyone to see.

I know that before we even went to war with CC, I talked with someone from Focus about how IMP wanted a piece of us. We also knew that CC wanted to hit us. I remember someone telling me that CC wanting a piece of us was keeping IMP from hitting us. I thought that was you, but maybe that was Crippler who I had that conversation with. Additionally, we knew even before our war with CC that you were planning on hitting IMP this set.

We had not mentioned Mercs hitting IMP before that, but we had mentioned IMP hitting Mercs before that.

Pain Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 3:26:47

no, you didnt. i went through the entire log. crippler can confirm whether he talked to you or not.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 3:31:19

Originally posted by vern:
and the beat goes on...da da da da da

^^^
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Rockman Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 3:33:17

I just checked my messages on boxcar. Guess what Azz Kikr sent me....

Azz Kikr told you on August 11th that it was pretty obvious that IMP was planning on hitting us. And he shared that conversation with me.

[22:31] <Pain> ok well imp was planning on hitting you
[22:31] <AzzKikr> yeah that was pretty obvious :P
[22:32] <Pain> but
[22:32] <AzzKikr> i wouldn't be too surprised if ford put 'em up to it
[22:32] <Pain> nope
[22:32] <Pain> he threatened to kill IMP if they hit you
[22:32] <Pain> but not because he wants to protect you

Rockman Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 3:40:51

I just found a message I sent to Azz Kikr onsite on boxcar from July 20th, where I told him that I knew he was friends with people in Focus, and that I wanted IMP to be occupied by Focus next set so that they couldn't interfere with our plans. And Azz Kikr replied that he would talk with Crippler about it.

So assuming that Azz Kikr did indeed talk to Crippler about it, that means that before the set even started, we had already contacted you about keeping IMP off of us.

Pain Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 4:02:03

i signed the pact on the 11th so whats your point.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Sep 10th 2011, 4:16:20

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but we arent your lap dogs, an LDP means we can choose to defend you if you are declared upon, it certainly doesnt mean we will "occupy" someone for you.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 10th 2011, 4:22:49

Moderately-random comment: Crippler and I have both played a long, long time and I have never known him to need a good reason to piss in IMP's cornflakes. If your main reason for pacting them was to occupy us, I doubt it was necessary.

da_bears Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 13:04:49

FoCUS bonus post

also good war IMp

Desperado Game profile

Sep 13th 2011, 2:56:17

Couple observations here...

is rockman really hellrush?

and... is imp and focus really agreeing with eachother?!

*checks the temp in hell*

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

JanPaul

Sep 13th 2011, 15:30:27

bonus point.bonus point

Chaoswind Game profile

Sep 13th 2011, 16:26:10

Plz Ban Jan Paul for being a terrorist
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

JanPaul

Sep 13th 2011, 18:40:41

define terrorist? define terrorism? :)

Desperado Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 7:42:27

/me kicks jp

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 8:38:44

note to self - don't open this thread anymore

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 9:00:18

Wrong... We just need to make it to page 4...

Crippler ICD Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 12:38:53

then page 5?
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

underachiever Game profile