Verified:

Fatty Game profile

Apr 4th 2011, 19:44:01

Gdi is not fair to countries smaller than the GDI goon. They can get a free PS on someone with zero fear factor. None.

Pushes the little man that much further down, discouraging new players.

That is why god made earth with missiles and the ability to something harmful when hit by a larger country.

There has to be a fear factor / repercussion for a decision to hit someone.

GDI is not right.

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 4th 2011, 20:42:32

elaborate
Finally did the signature thing.

aponic Game profile

Apr 4th 2011, 20:58:55

he needs to huff more glue, please be patient
SOF
Cerevisi

llaar Game profile

Apr 4th 2011, 21:08:47

you can declare war to retal though, no?

Fatty Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 0:03:09

qzjul,

A GDI country can attack a smaller country with either an SS or PS freely without any repercussion or fear of a retal.

So what you get is a large country hiding behind GDI for a free attack.

Smaller countries unable to retal against the larger one are sitting ducks.

If the GDI was massaged in some format that would allow a smaller country to retaliate in some way then that would even up the playing field.

Perhaps a 1:1 ratio for a smaller country to send a missile at them for attacking them.

GDI clearly posts an unfair advantage against a weaker opponent or new player.

Thanks for listening.

~Fatty~

Rockman Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 5:07:26

I think he's talking about the GDI in primary. There if someone hits you one time, all you can do is harmful spy ops and SS/PS back at them, you can't missile them or AB them unless they hit you more than once.

I think its really silly that his complaint is about people attacking him one time, but he doesn't have a problem with the people who have their countries wrecked by suiciders.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 5th 2011, 5:12:48

Players like Fatty are why modified GDI is a necessary evil.

Kingme Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 17:32:49

I think he's actually complaining about Express...

In express you should always be able to retal eventually.

Fatty Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 17:50:02

Slagpit,

Explain your post.

And yes I was talking about Express as it's the only server I choose to play on.

~Fatty~

Spaced Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 20:34:34

I cant missle people.... That was usually the only reason why people wouldnt hit me. The fact i have to carry jets now to be nice. And youve eliminated the oppourtunity to attempt a solo kill. Just saying.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 5th 2011, 22:39:55

With GDI wasn't there a limit on the size of a country that u could hit. I found it weird that my 4 mil GDI country got hit by a 15 mil country that was also in gdi

This was in primary
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 7th 2011, 2:05:47

An environment of pure chaos is fun for about 5-10% of players. It's not fun for the rest of them.

Spaced Game profile

Apr 7th 2011, 6:29:21

Originally posted by Slagpit:
An environment of pure chaos is fun for about 5-10% of players. It's not fun for the rest of them.

um i havent been able to get more than 13k land... unmm. My average is over 16-18k. how is this GDI helping me... wait its not... oh and i cant leave.

Make a system where i can viably run an all explore without getting fluffed thank you slagpit. Oh wait no... fluff you . you have never helped me.

in the mean time i will fluff with people as much as i can from GDI until next set...

Spaced Game profile

Apr 7th 2011, 6:40:23

all im saying is claiming that 90% cant deal with being suicided... maybe those 90% deserve it,.. all im saying

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Apr 7th 2011, 8:08:21

of course GDI hasnt helped u in all the other resets, this is the first reset this new GDI system has been in place on the primary server
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Drinks Game profile

Apr 7th 2011, 9:25:47

Im saying 1 hit is nothing. Get the hell over being grabbed once.

1 grab is not worth sending a missile at someone. If you have moderate defence in express as an all explore then maybe 5 people will hit you during the set. So yes you can play all explore and i have come 3rd with all explore

Secondly. grabbing is beneficial. So instead of them grabbing you for 500 acres and 500 ghost acres. Then you nuking them for 1k acres. No one gains!. How about you retal for 500a and 500 ghost acres = a benefit for both players.

So either retal with SS/PS like you should over 1 hit. Or if your all explore accept 1 hit from maybe 5 people in a set. If you get hit more then 5 times, then u dont have enough def for the server. Get more or retal legitimately. Missiles arent deserving.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Drinks Game profile

Apr 7th 2011, 9:25:56

/end rant
<Drinks> going to bed

spawn Game profile

Apr 7th 2011, 12:37:18

the modified GDI does favor CI extremely. you hit the Rep Casher once and he cant do sh*t...

and Drinks, not all the players care about land, but about the hit, a 1 nuke retal can be satisfiable. after all, the guy probably wouldnt hit you again and you dont have to spend lots of cash on jets for a few acres.

1 missile should be allowed imo, even if you're in the GDIv2

/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Drinks Game profile

Apr 7th 2011, 17:02:42

Cause thats fun. No one ever gaining anything

Lets make single severs retal police, you hit we nuke.

So basically no one gains at all.

Your just condoning destroying peoples sets as a threat for a single grab which has no intention of harm.

I play all explore like 90% of the time. And its annoying getting grabbed. But missile retalling is just fluff for the above reasons plus more.
<Drinks> going to bed

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 7th 2011, 18:17:20

I am aware that it's not perfect. I called it a "necessary evil". I asked for other suggestions but no one really came through with anything better.

Detmer Game profile

Apr 7th 2011, 18:22:41

Originally posted by Drinks:
Cause thats fun. No one ever gaining anything

Lets make single severs retal police, you hit we nuke.

So basically no one gains at all.

Your just condoning destroying peoples sets as a threat for a single grab which has no intention of harm.

I play all explore like 90% of the time. And its annoying getting grabbed. But missile retalling is just fluff for the above reasons plus more.

Get some SDI?

spawn Game profile

Apr 7th 2011, 23:11:27

make it that you cant be farmed instead of not being suicided. so basically limit the amount of hits, not the kind. that should help both sides
/slap iZarcon

Drinks Game profile

Apr 8th 2011, 1:38:53

/begin Rant

Dont care what you change, just dont allow them to nuke. This is a game and if you look at almost any other game it rewards the winner or who is best at it.

Eg, Call of Duty. The winner or person on the long streak gets the cool rewards. While the game helps people with death streaks such as more health (equivalant to diminishing returns). You dont see the game going, oh that person isnt good enough to defend themselves. Ill give them a helipcopter to defend them so they can run around like a douche.

Or if you look at sports. Pick any sport. There is no built in mechanism for the losing team to benefit. The other team worked harder so deserves the glory and win. Nuking would be like attempting to break the opposites leg cause you cant handle getting beat.

Look at other web based games, such as travian. When you get attacked by someone bigger, they take your entire town, It would be like a country on 6k acres getting grabbed 1k*6, if your not defended well you can die in a day (and its not like EE kills where to do it you waste a fluff load of turns, they get the kill while gaining resources). This game already babies small countries (DR, and nw used in acres gain calculation). Defend yourself with military not missiles.

/end Rant
<Drinks> going to bed

Drinks Game profile

Apr 8th 2011, 1:39:45

And to get missiles comment. Sure you can get 50% missiles. But before the GDI change i saw many countries running around with 2.5% warfare tech just so they could missiles retal. If they shot a nuke and it was def held. They shot another.
<Drinks> going to bed

spawn Game profile

Apr 8th 2011, 11:30:05

unlike you, some ppl think about the (few) new players that dont have a chance in this game since they get farmed into oblivion.

and dont give me BS like "then they just have to learn how to play better", they just leave the game. after all there are more web2.0 like games than EE, so why should they keep playing this game if they dont have a chance in the first place.

think about that for a second before you come back with your survival of the fittest ideology (didnt mean the alliance). in solo servers new players should have a slim chance at having fun after all
/slap iZarcon

lauyee Game profile

Apr 8th 2011, 15:25:07

seriously spawn, how would allowing them to nuke the other player helps keep them in the game?
I'm only posting for the weekly bonus, feel free to ignore the content of the post. Thank you.

spawn Game profile

Apr 8th 2011, 15:51:22

1 grab 1 nuke. if the grabber didnt gain any land why would he hit again? unless he's a tard who cant accept a "retal" of course
/slap iZarcon

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 9th 2011, 1:22:24

It would be nice if the new GDI allowed missile retals, but just limit the number. Sometimes missiles are the only way smaller players can retal. I appreciate the fact that express GDI is a suicide prevention, especially considering how easy and often players ruin the netting sets of random players or those successful players at the top.

Drinks Game profile

Apr 9th 2011, 12:32:31

Originally posted by spawn:
unlike you, some ppl think about the (few) new players that dont have a chance in this game since they get farmed into oblivion.

Lol. What do you think 1 hit GDI is doing. its making it so people will only hit the new kid once. Go for your free nuking policy or remove GDI and ill hit a country 5 times. Atleast then their 1 missile they have saved up will do nothing in comparison

Your points are arguing the complete opposite way to what your saying.
<Drinks> going to bed

spawn Game profile

Apr 9th 2011, 14:30:39

dude, i never said anything about a free nuking policy, get your facts straight at least
/slap iZarcon

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 9th 2011, 17:59:06

The newer version of GDI provides a strong incentive not to attack players more than once. That helps new players. The problem with preventing farming is that it allows jetters to cause more havoc and it's extremely heavy handed.

Obviously there will be a lot of grabbing in Express because a full length reset is compressed into a five day period, but it was my understanding that there isn't a lot of grabbing or farming in Primary or Tourney. Is that no longer true?

Drinks Game profile

Apr 10th 2011, 7:18:21

Originally posted by spawn:

and Drinks, not all the players care about land, but about the hit, a 1 nuke retal can be satisfiable. after all, the guy probably wouldnt hit you again and you dont have to spend lots of cash on jets for a few acres.

1 missile should be allowed imo, even if you're in the GDIv2

= a free nuking policy. If they are going to nuke for 1k acres when a grab only gets your 500. Whats the point in doing a single grab. Exactly there is no point. So it would cause farming. Cause they are going to nuke retal either way. So might aswell farm lots to gain lots. Rather than hit once and lose 500 acres.
<Drinks> going to bed

trainboy Game profile

Apr 10th 2011, 16:14:17

The dude moaning about commies being so much better just play a commie then. And the gdi is awesome. I'm a farmer BTW I got 9m jets for retals and retalled a big commie

WH Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 4:03:13

i think i was the commie trainboy retalled :P.

i have to agree with drinks i would farm countries into the ground often in express if i knew i had nothing to gain from them being able to missile me back for one hit. in for a penny in for a pound as they say. missiles involve no skill whatsoever and i would definitely farm other countries already in dr by another country as they would have to then divided their hatred between 2 different countries. i would practically terrorize the bottom half of the score sheet. retalling is an art of the game. its like getting into a fight with a bigger guy. the first time you lose and get your ass kicked. you can either A.) come back next time with more fight in you and give it as good as you take it or B.) you could go grab a gun and shoot him which is essentially what a missile retal is in my opinion. and when you look at it which one of those is the better idea?

in 2-3 months of express my games has improved 270%. look at WINNING (#169) $19,904,572 (not my country) from this round of express he was in dr most of the set and pulled out nearly 20 million. pull yourself up by the bootstraps and just be honest. you want more missiles to be a bigger ass of yourself. im at least honest with myself about it. when i started in express saw i wasn't top 40 material i laid into the first guy from the top not in gdi at the end of the set.. if it changes to the the first guy from the top who only hit me once this week then i'll just go for them waiting to dump my missiles its not rocket science.

on the other side of the coin if you get better at netting and use the same country name you would be surprised how many countries take notice. in the last three weeks i've had at least one random message of someone taking notice to my improvement. even if its just "hey you used to be my land farm now your doing better" i had to turn down offers from 5 or 6 different good countries this week because i had good alliances already. furthermore "walls of stalingrad" messaged me a few weeks ago after i spied him but before i hit him and told me he rettalled all hits every set. i looked at my old news and sure enough he rettalled EVERY hit i had ever done against him. guees what? now i don't land grab him any more. he doesn't hit me i dont hit him. we're not pacted but its just common sense and believe it or not common sense does work on the internet.

and finally Fatty "Pushes the little man that much further down, discouraging new players." you are not the little man. so for you to speak on there behalf i find needs a dash of salt.

just my 2 cents on the subject.

SuperFly Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 5:09:03

I vote to remove GDI. I love how the mods/admin want to protect the netters and farmer but it puts us little guys at a disadvantage

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Apr 11th 2011, 6:01:17

Ummmm if a country hits u twice u can missile them all u like
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

bakku Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 7:13:24

the 1 grab 1 nuke policy makes no sense. what would even be the point of grabbing? everyone would just go all-explore

Edited By: bakku on Apr 11th 2011, 18:27:46
See Original Post

spawn Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 17:40:52

its not like you cant get SDI or defuse missiles...
/slap iZarcon

lincoln

Apr 11th 2011, 19:24:11

slagpit has made two interesting statements which should be explored

1) he is open to changes to the new GDI
2) GDI helps the little guy

speaking only of express, i do not believe that experience has proven that GDI helps the little guy
the little guys no longer get farmed by a single player but now they get hit by a swarm of single hitting GDI members
before he quit, dantzig was very concerned about this problem

if you look at the number of LGs on the bottom fifty, i suspect they are way up
ghost acres mean that it is worthwhile to hit even well defended tiny countries
i ascribe some of the problem to ghost acres rather than GDI

the greatest thing about GDI is that it has stopped clan kill runs
this has ended the main dangers of clan cheating

any change to GDI has to keep that virtue

i would suggest a change to the humanitarian intervention range
coupled with a large dimunition of the topfeed penalty
the wiki says that GDI impacts the yield of LGs
if that is true, it should be dropped
thanks for your consideration
FoG

Helmet Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 21:28:00

Lincoln and Fatty are the only two people I ever see complaining about GDI in express.

Drinks Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 7:27:14

When ever lincoln posts. I stop readin the thread.
<Drinks> going to bed

Drow Game profile

Apr 14th 2011, 23:50:31

There is a buttload of farming going on in primary slagpit. If you are under about 3 mil nw after the first couple of weeks for whatever reason, you may as well give up, as you are going to be a land fluff for the rest of the set.

Paradigm President of failed speeling