Verified:

aponic Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 17:38:43

This war was a lot of fun, but it comes time to admit when you have lost. Many things culminated in this result and I will layout a brief summary of it from the perspective of SOF.
Last reset we felt that NBK disrespected us. I informed NBK of this and that we would either not be playing as a tag on the server or that we would come out to fight them. This is a game of politics, organization, and for us at SOF, respect. We found an ally in DOOM about a week into the reset who was netgaining but they quickly agreed to even the numbers and fight with us. NBK, took the initiative seeing that they were now facing even numbers and beat us to the punch by attacking us first. Both alliances were short of maxed turns but were running on stored turns. I think coming into the war the SOF side was better prepared with better spies and better war techs with total stockpiles probably being very even on both sides.
As for the war itself, we pursued different strategies. SOF’s aim was to kill NBK more or less top down once we realized that killing their middle ranked players would be just as difficult. We leaned heavily on our spy advantage and this probably more than anything accounted for the networth gap that we maintained until the final stages of the conflict. NBK on the other hand pursued a strategy of maximizing kills which eventually proved effective in driving down our moral and restart rates.
I would like to mention, not to take away from NBK’s victory, which was well earned, that we lost several key leaders during this war which really ended our ability to run multiple warchat times. This was Ford, who had a terrible family issue come up and was no longer able to play, Murf, who waits all year for the holidays to drink, haha, and Makinso who had a major work emergency which left me leading the chats alone.
I would like to congratulate NBK on their victory. You guys certainly earned my respect. You kept the war extremely clean and had great activity. I accept that you were simply following your policies last reset and moreover, I feel like we earned your respect as well. I have been criticized for saying that you are the premier war alliance on the server, but I have difficulty believing that any alliance would match up with you given even ground, equal turns stored and war prep time with even numbers.
To the members of SOF who fought, I think with the limited number of countries we had at the end, we did a tremendous job of holding things even in a war that, at the end, was more like 250 vs 100.

SOF
Cerevisi

rebelnbk Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 17:50:13

Another 1 bites the dust.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 2nd 2011, 17:51:45

confirmed

NBK, you did well to hold the line and go forward from there
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Popcom Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:02:36

Good war guys.
minimal fluff talking. walling, and counter walling, good war overall.
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

aponic Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:03:37

Yea, I have to ask, are half of you computers? LOL you wall like CRAZY!@#!@$!@
SOF
Cerevisi

Popcom Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:04:30

not me, i didn't get to wall very much. lost a lot of countries ><
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

synoder Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:05:44

lol we just have a great phone list and a lot of motivated members. I for one almost never walled cause I have no comp access at work and I enjoy my sleep but fortunately my countries were different enough that you didn't notice and kill me off everyday. lol

Gabber_NBK Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:06:36

NBKforever :P
NBK

pslayer Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:06:51

good show gents...bravo.

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:08:01

I have a desktop a laptop and an iphone 4 LOL so as long as some smsed me Or i wasnt drunk and heard my highlights I could wall

up to the holidays and you guys killed all 14 of mine in our top 25 cause i was Hammered lol
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:09:51

And one hell of a great war guys.

just for the record we had no choice but to FS u cause your war prep was Amazing...LOL
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:13:15

Nice job to both sides, was a hell of a war. My walling took a big hit when I went to Portugal, having losing 4 countries on the flight and 2 while sleeping after being awake for 2 days ;)

You fellows got some great wallers too, and you figured out how to speedkill really fast to match our killing strategy, nicely done btw.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

rebelnbk Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:13:26

Tonight is gonna be a good night! ;)
Finally some sleep.

No more Mr Android who follows me everywhere I go.

aponic Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:15:40

On a side note, I hope you guys are celebrating, because we are. SLEEEEP hahahah.
SOF
Cerevisi

synoder Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:27:12

but now how am I going to get 100 kills this set? Needed about 40ish more. ok any war clans I am up for hire!!!

mrford Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:41:59

Well played NBK. Sorry I couldn't stick around for the final week or so of the war.

While I was on a last minute red eye back home I lost 7 of my 11 remaining 6.5 mill nw origs the day after Christmas, not that it mattered anyways because I had stopped running turns before then.

As for SoF starting to speed break, my origs finally got to breaker status and I didn't give a fluff about troops because I had a massive spal (~140 mod per country) so I attempted to spam break.

It was a really fun war from my point of view because every warchat, hit, and walling effort by me was done from my iPod. It was quite a challenge because half the time I would tab over to hit mibbit would refresh and I would have to re-auth and enter back into the war room. Kinda made me worthless for rushes and what not.

Only low point of the war for me was the KA bullfluff. Hopefully in the future we can avoid stupid ass instances like that. It was uncalled for and their character is being further displayed by pounding on another clan that is not fighting back lol. You guys are better than that!

I am suprised NBK that I have 2 origs left. They are the ONLY countries I have left but they are still there none the less. All I have been doing the last week was loving in once a day, cashing turns buying troops and logging out. Once I hit 7 mill troops I was sure you would kill me

I was the military phonic code string FYI #34-50 I think it was.

Either way, easily the bast war in FFA so far, if sof had the activity that nbk did this would still be a deadlocked war. Maybe we can do this again in the future!

And for any who cares, my ma is doing well, made a lap around the recovery ward yesterday, took 2 hours, but it's good progress! Catch you all on the flipside.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

synoder Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:49:07

glad to hear about your mom mr ford :)

Final Warstats in case anyone cares:

tag hits kills hpk
NBK 117465 534 220
SOF 79574 295 270

Total NW:
NBK $335,621,291
SOF $302,098,630

Total Members:
NBK 272
SOF 187

ANW:
NBK $1,233,902
SOF $1,615,501

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 18:51:06

Good to hear your ma's doing well MrFord God bless..

Finally.. i could get a good night sleep.

Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep

Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Helmet Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 19:45:13

Does most of NBK run the full 16? I'm just curious.

synoder Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 19:50:44

yeah most of us run the full 16 during wars.

Pain Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 20:12:27

was a good war for sure. but id just like to qoute something and ask what exactly the point of it was

Originally posted by mdevol:
is that they share a gerbil...

in a more game related note, SoF will win this war

by a lot.

the strategy that is about to be taken (within the next week) will completely make this a lopsided victory.

good luck NBK....good riddance KA, you are fluff

Your mother is a nice woman

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 20:57:25

Great war on both sides - Pretty clean, not too many shenanigans, and some really great stats for both sides.

Congrats NBK

Gmann03 Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 22:38:29

I'm glad to hear that ur mom is doing better mrford.
I don't know u, but, real life supercedes this game.
God bless u and ur family.
Lot/Mars2025
http://cc.ghqnet.com
http://
http://sol.ghqnet.com
http://lot.ghqnet.com

Mathais Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 0:01:23

This is what I like to see in FFA!

Popcom Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 0:09:21

Originally posted by aponic:
We found an ally in DOOM .... they quickly agreed to even the numbers and fight with us.

twiz still gonna QQ that they had no idea you wanted a war when they merged with you?
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

aponic Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 0:31:45

Twiz stopped playing days into the war when you killed all his countries. I dont really know what he said but it isnt too important to me if it isnt too important to you mate.
SOF
Cerevisi

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 0:36:29

Not holding SoF accountable for stuff Twiz said, just the usual fluff fluff, lol. But so obviously incorrect makes yah wonder why he bothered to lie, lol.
NBK

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Jan 3rd 2011, 1:01:34

QQ lol

I am not going to agree or disagree, anything I say I am an idiot haha
And yes I stopped playing when I was on holidays... Pretty much just having my cell phone to play on... I can easily hit from my cell, but restart 16 countries??? Ya no aint gonna happen haha

Congratz to NBK, and was nice playing alongside all you DOOM and SoF :)

GunGrave Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 4:03:25

Yea, I have to ask, are half of you computers? LOL you wall like CRAZY!@#!@$!@

just because i had new network interface circuitry installed in my positron matrix brain does make me a computer... just a cyborg... a devilishly handsome cyborg... that plays guitar while he wars. but now that the war has ceased, maybe the beeping in my head will go away.

now back to the mail room.

Edited By: GunGrave on Jan 3rd 2011, 4:07:26. Reason: addendum
See Original Post
Death smile upon all men,
all a man can do is smile back,
so come on... lets put a smile on that face. :D

Asst. Foreign Affairs
Natural Born Killers
email -
irc - irc.gamesurge.net #NBK

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 4:19:09

GG was only a first model android though. Gambit and I were wired with the latest gear.
NBK

Popcom Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 4:23:54

its true.
i once joked about nuking one of k4f originals for the lols, and he came on to wall
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

Kill4Free Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 4:33:25

My Mirc beeped! I had to!
NBK

Rip It Up Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 4:39:58

Great war SOF. you guys put up a good fight. im sure you guys could take it up to anyone on the server if you stick together.

definitely the best war we have been in since EE started.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
MSN:

mdevol Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 7:34:42

Originally posted by Pain:
was a good war for sure. but id just like to qoute something and ask what exactly the point of it was

this was posted a day or 2 before murf and ford and twiz all dropped activity...kinda put a damper on things...
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

mdevol Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 7:35:52

good war NBK it was fun. great hitting speed was fun to wall...and frustrating to have a good run going only to be walled.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Murf Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 11:13:25

Where is Gambit btw? Another plus to come from this war, we gained a new member on the alliance server :)

Hmmm wonder what I'll do with the couple of countries I had left, glad that when I return to work tomorrow I dont have to worry about stonewalling, not that I bothered much over the last 2 weeks lol, before that I walled sporadically

SoF FFA back to netting, perhaps the leader will return now lol

QM Diver Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 13:55:26

LMAO@Rebel

FYI..
Nothing and no one can destroy the NBK people. We are relentless survivors. We are the oldest civilized people on earth's time line. It's true, our existence passes through phases but our basic characteristics remain the same. NBK may yield, we may bend to the wind, but we NEVER break. We thrive, at our perseverance and try to respect all, that deserve it..
Aponic, this thread is the first I've seen lately, that contains any hint of respect towards NBK by you.. You might agree, we deserved your respect last set too.. But I doubt that you'd admit it..

We leaned heavily on our spy advantage and this probably more than anything accounted for the networth gap that we maintained until the final stages of the conflict.
========================================
lol.. The final stages of this war never finished materializing.. If it had, NBK was to destroy the networth aspect of SoF's game plan, also. The final stage of NBK's war had just begun, saving the best for last! And was getting even more fun... Apparently, up to that point, Sof thought NBK could not touch their tops. After we took out some of them, it finally became clear to 'leaders' of SoF, that they were indeed losing, at an increasingly accelerating rate!

I do hope the answer to the question of a winning strategy is also now more clear. It has little to do with networth, as debated elsewhere on FFAT.. You must have more than netgaining talent.. First, you need well built countries, to kill more countries. Then ruin the opponents' desire to war by, yep, you got it, killing more countries than the opponent. Lastly, you need an unbelievably amazing bunch of most excellent players on your crew. This, is the FFA, and we, are the Natural Born Killers!

we lost several key leaders
===========================
I'd only say, I'll cry you some aliyagator tears...
NBK is loaded with leaders, yet ALL are merely members, that will CHOMP your ass, if you mess with them.

I would like to congratulate NBK on their victory.
==================================================
Thank you very much! I'm so proud of our crew! :O)

I have been criticized for saying that you are the premier war alliance on the server
=======================
haaaa, First I've ever seen, of you saying anything like this..

If Ford lost all his countries, who's were the ones that had ducked into 'vacation' mode?

Pain, I echo your question. Frankly speaking, I believe Medevol was simply, full of fluff, in the first place! ;o)

Rudely awoken, from a sound sleep by a vibrating cell phone, my first question (outloud) coming back to consciousness, "Am I dead??" My son, playing xbox, says sarcastically, "Nope. You're alive, Dad." Haa..
Little does HE know!
I popped up the message, expecting to see, "you are being killed!"......
It was from the wife, "Be home with groceries, 5 minutes, get ass up, help unload em!"

Yes, life is great, isn't it?
==============================================================

Natural Born Killers
PreZ

QM Diver Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 13:59:18

good war NBK it was fun. great hitting speed was fun to wall...and frustrating to have a good run going only to be walled.

Glad I could assist, in fueling your frustration.. ;o)
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

mdevol Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 15:14:45

Originally posted by QM Diver:

Pain, I echo your question. Frankly speaking, I believe Medevol was simply, full of fluff, in the first place! ;o)

here let me echo my answer

Originally posted by Pain:

this was posted a day or 2 before murf and ford and twiz all dropped activity...kinda put a damper on things...

KA are still fluff.

aliyah Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 21:46:39

LOL QM. Did you say 'chomp'? What can I chomp? Where?

Oh wait... That was the reason I was crying. There is nothing left to chomp.
ALIYAH
TINY BUT MIGHTY!
HEAR ME RAWR!

LCN Spellchecker in training

aponic Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 23:08:21

QM, I have been talking mostly with K4F during this war in private. If you look at this post again with a bit more openness, I did admit that you were only following your policies last reset and that it was simply my interpretation that you had disrespected us. I know some fluffty comments came out of this war, probably more from us than you, but I really tried to maintain a realistic point of view on the whole thing. I never said anything about NBK following a poor strategy or that I was ever certain of victory. On the same note, I really dont think the war was decided until maybe the 28th when our numbers really fell off.

I said congradulations, but please have some respect and dont put words in my mouth. Check yourself a little here mate. It is only fair.
SOF
Cerevisi

aponic Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 23:10:19

Also, Asing went on vacation because, yes, he was really on vacation. It seemed more than unfair to let you pick him off for no reason.
SOF
Cerevisi

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 23:14:13

seems your interpretation of people following legit policies is that they're disrespecting you pretty often....

just sayin.

aponic Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 23:43:57

Yea, that is a valid point. However, equally valid is people not sticking to their word. SOF plays the game for respect.

In the case of NBK, Aquaview was contacting me through the board system all reset and then never did so when they killed our tagged countries. He instead waited for me on IRC for a couple hours and gave up. He failed to contact Gazza, our other contact in the stickied contact thread, who was on IRC the entire time. I felt disrespected that they killed our countries without contact while they had contacted LAE. Being new to the server, I assumed this was an insult directed at us. I am willing to admit that NBK would have done the same to anyone looking back in retrospect.

Your case is, however, completely different. You said you would be waiting 24 hours for non-tagged countries hitting NBK to tag SOF. You didnt follow your word. Moreover, when your member killed yet another SOF tagged country and we asked him to stop while our member walled, he threatened us. I nuked him and he authed himself a further kill on my country. It boils down to this. If you were not supposed to be killing our restart, my nukes were a 4 to 200 retal. You are a cronic hypocrit and certainly not respectable. You combine that with your non-stop fluff talking of us during the outbreak of the NBK war, and yea, you have disrespected us.

Edited By: aponic on Jan 4th 2011, 2:13:08. Reason: grammar
See Original Post
SOF
Cerevisi

synoder Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 23:53:08

On the same note, I really dont think the war was decided until maybe the 28th when our numbers really fell off.

nah, you were dead the minute you merged with Doom. You just didn't know it yet.

j/k, it was indeed a well fought war on both sides and I believe that I posted on several occasions that the week after Christmas would be the deciding factor ;) If you guys had been able to wait until after the holidays and FS us like you had planned the outcome could have very well been different. Props to NBK's senate for not letting that happen :)

Rip It Up Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 23:58:47

I felt disrespected that they killed our countries without contact while they had contacted LAE. Being new to the server, I assumed this was an insult directed at us. I am willing to admit that NBK would have done the same to anyone looking back in retrospect.

i do believe last set, LAE were our only ally formally pacted, so our obligation was to contact them before doing anything. Thats the difference. If a non-pacted alliance does something to NBK that we see is deserved of being killed off in retaliation, we will make an attempt to contact, but we will not wait for days until its convenient. and your right, we would have done the same to any other non pacted alliance also. not because we had some direct disrepect towards SOF.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
MSN: