Verified:

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 10th 2024, 9:36:42

It says I was deleted for cheating or rules violations. I sent an appeal, I certainly didn't cheat and if I broke some policy, it must be a new one. This must be an error, or somebody falsely reported me.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

May 10th 2024, 12:36:39

Welcome back battle

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 10th 2024, 13:12:54

Only if they reinstate my country. Silly moderator games once again.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 11th 2024, 3:57:51

Curious how many players use a VPN service? Because someone reported me for using surfshark apparently. I didn't know that was a delete-able offense. I've been using a VPN when playing this game ever since 2012. I get the feeling I was deleted for a reason that is actually not breaking the rules of the game. Being a pest to the game is not a reason to delete someone, just look at buch..he's a pest but everyone likes him.

Drow Game profile

May 11th 2024, 5:42:12

My impression is that, at present, VPN's are basically an auto ban, as there was a run of them being used specifically so people could run multis.

My impression could be wrong, mind ypu

Paradigm President of failed speeling

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 11th 2024, 7:01:49

Originally posted by Drow:
My impression is that, at present, VPN's are basically an auto ban, as there was a run of them being used specifically so people could run multis.

My impression could be wrong, mind ypu

That is correct, you're not wrong.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 11th 2024, 9:17:36

So you mean to tell me that I'm the only person using a VPN? I seriously doubt it, but can anybody point me to the rules where it says that?

BlackHole Game profile

May 11th 2024, 10:27:07

Syko, you are not. I know using a VPN isn't an autoban, as I know a lot of people that have used them accidentally at times, myself included.

I knwo for a fact I've connected on a VPN this set, and my country isn't banned.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 11th 2024, 13:31:47

In more detail I was told that I was using a proxy that had been banned already. I mean what are the chances that I used a particular server that someone else has used. I don't know why I wasn't banned in previous resets where I was using surfshark. Because I cycle through using the same ones every single reset. I think its a bunk reasoning to be honest and I would like to know which mod did it and I would like the proof where it shows that I am cheating this reset.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 11th 2024, 13:32:47

Originally posted by BlackHole:
Syko, you are not. I know using a VPN isn't an autoban, as I know a lot of people that have used them accidentally at times, myself included.

I knwo for a fact I've connected on a VPN this set, and my country isn't banned.
One honest feller right here.

BlackHole Game profile

May 11th 2024, 13:39:44

I think the VPNs being against the rules is something the community needs to revisit.

People who cheat, can easily do it without being detected on vpns. As someone who has cheated, I can tell you that I could do it again, with ease, if I wanted. Even when I got 'caught' cheating, they didn't catch all my multis, and they caught some people who weren't actually multis.

In other words, false positives and negatives. I think there are better ways to actually detect multis, and I think outlawing vpns negatively effects a lot of legitimate players.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 11th 2024, 16:15:34

I answered this via PM just now

Buch Game profile

May 11th 2024, 17:49:45

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
Curious how many players use a VPN service? Because someone reported me for using surfshark apparently. I didn't know that was a delete-able offense. I've been using a VPN when playing this game ever since 2012. I get the feeling I was deleted for a reason that is actually not breaking the rules of the game. Being a pest to the game is not a reason to delete someone, just look at buch..he's a pest but everyone likes him.

I'm not a pest anymore

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

May 11th 2024, 18:19:37

Buch was never a pest

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 12th 2024, 11:09:34

Thread officially closed

En4cer Game profile

May 23rd 2024, 3:36:57

No not really - the real question is why did u suicide me this set ? :P

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 23rd 2024, 8:03:27

Originally posted by En4cer:
No not really - the real question is why did u suicide me this set ? :P
Which country is yours? What makes you think I did anything to you?

En4cer Game profile

May 23rd 2024, 9:54:06

The spyop you uploaded on me 1 minute before i was suicided....

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 23rd 2024, 10:02:17

The spyop you uploaded on me 1 minute before i was suicided....
Must be a coincidence if true

En4cer Game profile

May 23rd 2024, 10:04:23

i can share the screenshots with you if you want mate :)

En4cer Game profile

May 23rd 2024, 10:06:46

and i totally believe you were poking around Evo's tagged countries with spy ops right at the start of the set and weren't involved in anything nefarious at all.

En4cer Game profile

May 23rd 2024, 10:16:09

along with all the other countries you hit with #200 and its subsequent restarts... you got sloppy bro.

EmpyreanMKR Game profile

May 23rd 2024, 14:03:40

I'm happy to see en4cer still here
Empyrean
M4D - Has A Job

Ex UCN Sec of War
Ex Pres MKR
Ex Girlfriend
EX-Ample
Ex-calibur
EX-cellent
Ex-shut up

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 23rd 2024, 16:06:51

and i totally believe you were poking around Evo's tagged countries with spy ops right at the start of the set and weren't involved in anything nefarious at all.
Hard to believe your playing in Evo. I have nothing against you personally.

trumper Game profile

May 23rd 2024, 16:38:07

Because you suck.

:-)

En4cer Game profile

May 24th 2024, 0:20:54

I know that Karny - i wasn't done with the game when LaF pulled the pin - its my only online or gaming presence.

BlackHole Game profile

May 24th 2024, 1:17:53

En4cer, let's put LaF back together.

chem20 Game profile

May 24th 2024, 3:59:24

I agree and second that with En4 too.

En4cer Game profile

May 24th 2024, 6:03:02

thats something for down the track. I am 100% not a fan of the newest change set - i actually think the last set was the ones required to make netting competitive for basically all strats and now everyone but CI has just been nerfed. All the netting scores and records are now completely pointless and irrelevant.

Turtle Crawler Game profile

May 24th 2024, 6:48:46

And the end game is pretty dumb now.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 24th 2024, 12:57:19

I see two commies and ten non-commies with over 100k land. Do you have any constructive suggestions? Or is any change that lowers final NW a bad one? It looks like a casher last won in 2019 on this server. Did a farmer win every other round since then? It's hard to tell at a glance due to the land dropping.

Edited By: Slagpit on May 24th 2024, 13:04:53
See Original Post

table4two Game profile

May 24th 2024, 14:37:38

Cyref or myself might've been the last people to win 1a with a casher. 2019 seems about right as its been a looong time since a casher has last felt competitive.

Its a weird one- You'd think I would be a proponent of the recent change set, as yes it gets stale seeing the one strat dominate. But even more that, the traditional oil destock was such a quality of life addition, I find myself still preferring to have kept this element even if it means the status quo doesn't change.

All that is to say I don't think the benefit of removing the traditional oil destock out weighs the quality of life addition it provided to the wider meta of the game.

Also, it is a shame to see the 'best 3' metric rendered obsolete now. It was the best metric to compare the best netters in the game.

I wonder if there are more surgical ways to rebalance some of the strategies? For example, reducing the food/oil production of the Fascist or increasing the PCI of a Republic?

In any case, it has been fun to see how people are playing this set and seeing how the market plays out. Change is inevitable and you can't make everyone happy. I applaud you Slagpit for trying to shake things up in the first place.

May 24th 2024, 15:02:01

I'm not aware that there was any change to Farmer dominance this set. It had all the top countries. Patch just made things dumb without really balance anything. Slag it's like you are listening to people who don't and can't net. Please listen to only netters when making netting changes. You are making the game unplayable.

BlackHole Game profile

May 24th 2024, 15:11:17

Originally posted by Turtle Crawler:
I'm not aware that there was any change to Farmer dominance this set. It had all the top countries. Patch just made things dumb without really balance anything. Slag it's like you are listening to people who don't and can't net. Please listen to only netters when making netting changes. You are making the game unplayable.

There's that ego of yours again. "Listen to only me and no one else!"

I think slag has been doing a great job the last few months of soliciting feedback from as many people as possible. Why don't you worry about yourself and let him do his job.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 24th 2024, 15:45:43

I am very eager to hear feedback from top players but it's only helpful when they give me accurate information. It seems that En4cer is saying that CI is dominant but you are saying that farmer is still dominant. Both of you can't be right. Who is correct?

Suicidal Game profile

May 24th 2024, 16:07:01

who cares? delete this entire thread and move on with your lives

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2024, 16:47:07

Slag is doing a good job. I like the new changes

I didn’t know TC was netting? Didn’t his clan FS SOL? Pretty sure TC’s country is dead anyhow.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2024, 17:27:26

This set probably isn't the perfect example of a CI or farmer given the early grief, but we'll see how it turns out. I'm also very surprised at the number of people who continued with Fasc Farmers, but it would be quite strong if there were only a few - but maybe not the additional 30% necessary to come out on top. I think seeing how everyone jumps at the end of set will be enlightening, and maybe another set to see how it could be further optimized.

Personally, I'm glad that the land-drop oil destock is gone, but mostly because it never made sense (not that everything in the game has to, but it just seemed like a bug to begin with). At the acres that people are able to grow to, though, it was typically a choice of working backwards on a PM destock over time and/or banking on public market volumes. This was true even 14 years ago, where we would do TMBR for lower acres and as an alliance plan for enough resellers to help the largest have something to buy in the last day or three.

The "best 3" for NW leaderboards has always been challenging - a lot of old players who were quite good were superseded rather easily with the addition of bots. I suppose there could be tweaks to allow a generally upward trend of final NW to allow current players something to improve, but FA to the top will continue to be a way to weight that heavily in favor of particular players (like the current top two or so) so it's not like a perfect netting set will be knocking them from that throne even without these changes.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 24th 2024, 17:43:36

Originally posted by table4two:
Cyref or myself might've been the last people to win 1a with a casher. 2019 seems about right as its been a looong time since a casher has last felt competitive.

Its a weird one- You'd think I would be a proponent of the recent change set, as yes it gets stale seeing the one strat dominate. But even more that, the traditional oil destock was such a quality of life addition, I find myself still preferring to have kept this element even if it means the status quo doesn't change.

All that is to say I don't think the benefit of removing the traditional oil destock out weighs the quality of life addition it provided to the wider meta of the game.

Also, it is a shame to see the 'best 3' metric rendered obsolete now. It was the best metric to compare the best netters in the game.

I wonder if there are more surgical ways to rebalance some of the strategies? For example, reducing the food/oil production of the Fascist or increasing the PCI of a Republic?

In any case, it has been fun to see how people are playing this set and seeing how the market plays out. Change is inevitable and you can't make everyone happy. I applaud you Slagpit for trying to shake things up in the first place.

Thank you for the thoughtful comment.

As I understand it, players on the alliance server are able to send research pacts to bots and get free tech all set. This strikes me as a completely ridiculous mechanic that should be removed. If it is removed then final NWs will drop somewhat which could impact leaderboards. Should it not be removed then?

Generally speaking we're going to prioritize other factors above leaderboard parity. It's really difficult to have meaningful leaderboards over a 15 year period in the first place and any change isn't fair to a certain degree. For example, suppose the same player managed to win the first ten rounds of alliance. He would have a Best 3 of around 300 M. In the current era a player could play a single country to 901 M NW and not even finish in the top ten. He would then have a higher best 3 than the other player. That's hardly fair, right? At some point I plan to offer a seasonal view of the leaderboards that would be retroactively applied. We'd have metrics that would apply on a yearly basis to Alliance in addition to the overall metrics.

We want players to have multiple feasible options for destocking. That's always been a core design principle. Having a single destocking method be dominant as well as risk-free is the exact opposite of that. Can you explain what the missing quality of life feature here is? You can still do private destocks and you can still burn oil for units. It's just less efficient than before.

May 24th 2024, 21:07:36

Tech alliances with bots actually level the playing field and make the game more competitive by reducing the impact of feeding via tech alliances with humans.

Those are the terms you should think about when considering game changes, competitiveness and complexity.

NOT what "strikes you as a completely ridiculous mechanic". Your whims are not the same as good game design and you are not making decisions based on game design principles.

BlackHole Game profile

May 24th 2024, 21:39:30

TC, you need to learn how to communicate without coming off like a prick if you want to influence people with your ideas.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 24th 2024, 21:44:41

If there's an issue with tech alliances then the correct fix is to simply change the code that governs that. There is no need for some bizarre workaround involving sending tech alliances to bots. For some reason I'm reminded of this comment from a few weeks ago: https://www.earthempires.com/...ce-talk/m4d-52704#1034832

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2024, 22:02:21

Originally posted by Slagpit:
For some reason I'm reminded of this comment from a few weeks ago: https://www.earthempires.com/...ce-talk/m4d-52704#1034832

You sir, are an animal.
💀 💀 💀 🤡

TAN Game profile

May 24th 2024, 23:06:24

I'm with Slag on this, it's ridiculous to send out pacts to NPCs and get free tech.

>>make the game more competitive by reducing the impact of feeding via tech alliances with humans.

But...that's been part of the game since 2002. You know what hasn't? NPCs and getting free tech that way. I actually think nerfing NPCs is the way to go - there are too many, get rid of at least half of them, it's way too easy to get land. There are people who are going to get over 200k land by the end of the set, that's just absurd and ridiculous.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2024, 23:21:59

TC, you need to learn how to communicate without coming off like a prick if you want to influence people with your ideas.

*COUGH COUGH*

SORRY CHOKING ON THE IRONY.

but ya, i agree. TC is a prick.

ok bye now

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 24th 2024, 23:55:49

Welp, I've given you all a reason to kill me now. Might stonewall with my 2 Billion cash if I'm lucky.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 25th 2024, 0:53:37

Originally posted by ZEN:

*COUGH COUGH*

SORRY CHOKING ON THE IRONY.

but ya, i agree. TC is a prick.

ok bye now

Welcome back!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 25th 2024, 0:59:22

There's that ego of yours again. "Listen to only me and no one else!"

I think slag has been doing a great job the last few months of soliciting feedback from as many people as possible. Why don't you worry about yourself and let him do his job.

Not picking on you specifically BH. But Slagpit appreciates all feedback. We all do. As with any online gaming forum, feedback can come in many ways and taken in many ways. While, you may have taken TC's response as rude, I didn't read it rude. Just like some people read your responses as rude, I don't read them as rude. ;)

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Doug Game profile

May 25th 2024, 1:08:29

You’re being rude… LADY!!! 😘

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 25th 2024, 1:08:55

Originally posted by Doug:
You’re being rude… LADY!!! 😘

I AM THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED TO TALK IN CAPS!