Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 26th 2023, 13:44:52

Primary without def allies would be fine if you remove the offensive bonus of the PS.

Without def allies and with PS bonus, turrets become pointless for netting since they won't defend you against anyone.

I know some people want this. But the reason primary is interesting to most people is because there is this balance where you have to defend yourself against some, you have to be a reasonable threat to a few others and you have to be able to effectively grab a few others. If you remove def allies you completely remove the ability to stop someone even half decent from breaking you. So you would lose one of the main legs on which the Primary server rests it's justification for being.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 26th 2023, 13:46:07

Don't fix what's not broken.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 26th 2023, 15:02:12

Slagpit was always a big proponent of keeping allies on Primary. I never cared for it, and honestly didn't play too much in the old days because it did seem like you need a group of friends to be the most successful, but he argued it helped create a sense of community: it somewhat encourages people to reach out and make allies with people who were doing well or just against a common aggressor. It certainly has merit for players who start there fresh, but you can see that those without allies are the first to get farmed because how easy it is to PS with that much less defense.

For Cath, his team on the team server all came together because he individually made friends with all those players on different servers and pulled them together. Eventually a number of them did play with Evo when they wanted to try alliance for the first time in a long time (because why not play with the friends you already know?) and Snake did get the record for highest ANW on team server for a team, which is more than just a single player's accomplishments.

It's unfortunate that so many keep griefing cross-servers though. AndrewMose was killed on team (from a group of untags, who considering most of them were Resist and/or LaF players last set, should have had a DNH with him per Black Hole) and then AB'd on alliance for... who knows what reason. He never sent FA, has no connection to any war alliances, and despite only wanting to net has been suicided on 3 sets in a row for alliance, and this looks like 3 sets in a row for team. This type of behavior is exactly why admin's implemented military sanctions to begin with and it's unfortunate that a number of good players are just leaving the game indefinitely due to LaF's cross-server fluffery.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 26th 2023, 15:02:55

@gerdler Hmmm not an invalid point but wouldn’t this same logic apply to tournament?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 26th 2023, 15:47:54

Originally posted by Requiem:
@gerdler Hmmm not an invalid point but wouldn’t this same logic apply to tournament?

Yes, but to a lesser degree.

Tournament used to have allies.

I think primary shouldn't have tech allies because techers have no chance as it is, other than that it's perfect. I suppose you could just remove def allies and add a 50% defense bonus on all countries? But it would vastly dumb down the game as spying/predicting def allies strength is a big part of grabbing here.

And you might be thinking "hold on is he saying that if you remove research allies that techer will be better?"
-Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Tech starts and techers will be slightly stronger if tech allies were removed since it would lead to less tech in the game, which leads to higher tech prices, and a harder time for cashers/indies/farmers to get their techs up.

Allies are a barrier to entry imo. Because you can't compete without them, so if I been away from the game for a year and just wanna test it, if I get farmed to oblivion I just quit, but if I can compete on relatively even terms I might get hooked. Thats how it was for me in 2017, I had planned to just fool around 1-2 months in tournament and a few rounds in express, but it was fun because I could compete right away.

AndrewMose Game profile

Apr 26th 2023, 18:53:07

For what it's worth, I returned about a year ago, and when I played a long time before that I wasn't part of an alliance or team. I got to know people in this past year through asking questions on the forum and looking for allies for primary server. So I do agree with Slagpit's comments about developing a need for community. But I can also agree with Gerdler that it is a barrier because having good allies is important and when you are unproven it can be hard to find good allies.

I got lucky after getting farmed in my first set back I was able to connect with LB and Tertius as DA's and it helped me through a couple successful primary sets. If they hadn't taken a chance on me I may have finished lower.

neversilence

Apr 26th 2023, 20:29:01

Im the goat.

neversilence

Apr 26th 2023, 20:59:36

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Don't fix what's not broken.

Agreed.

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 27th 2023, 4:41:23

My guys were the best :-p it’s not delusion when it’s true. I hand picked them specifically for that reason.

Also LB, the reason I was vitriolic towards you guys is you came off as bullies and just mean and dirty people to me. I don’t respect people like you and never will. There is zero reason to be nice to people who won’t do the same. If there is hate directed at me then you can guarantee it’s going to be mutual. I am an eye for an eye man. The universe always finds balance so it is the natural order of things. You guys went to keep following me around and messing with me behind the scenes but then cry when I start having some fun back. “Oh no it’s getting too crazy now” lmao i know your type alright

Many other players I have made friends with and was very kind to. Because they were very kind people. So they got back what they treated me as. You didn’t see this because I do not seek attention or want to try and virtue signal like I do common today. I don’t care if you like me or not. If you guys had left me alone and not tried to keep dragging me into your idiotic clan stuff I would not be pointing out your extremely dishonorable behavior. You are bullieS is what you are. You are trying to bully me to prove a point to Evo when I was a new player to the alliance server and left immediately when I realized you are all totally insane

gran·deur
[ˈɡranjər, ˈɡrando͝or]
NOUN
splendor and impressiveness, especially of appearance or style:
"the austere grandeur of mountain scenery"

SIMILAR:
splendor
magnificence

high rank or social importance:
"for all their grandeur, the chancellors were still officials of the household"

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 27th 2023, 6:30:14

That's way too much for this thread, fluff off, TL:DR
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Cumorah Game profile

Apr 27th 2023, 8:08:11

Lol Cathankins what are you smoking.

“My guys”, “friends”, “bullies” 😂- I just like playing the game, but I feel you have way to much emotion invested in something that kinda isn’t real.

And thanks for the definition 😂 , adding value one post at a time.

LightBringer Game profile

Apr 27th 2023, 10:55:09

Hello

LightBringer Game profile

Apr 27th 2023, 10:56:21

[quote poster=Cathankins; 51668; 1011326]My guys were the best :-p it’s not delusion when it’s true. I hand picked them specifically for that reason.

Also LB, the reason I was vitriolic towards you guys is you came off as bullies and just mean and dirty people to me. I don’t respect people like you and never will. There is zero reason to be nice to people who won’t do the same. If there is hate directed at me then you can guarantee it’s going to be mutual. I am an eye for an eye man. The universe always finds balance so it is the natural order of things. You guys went to keep following me around and messing with me behind the scenes but then cry when I start having some fun back. “Oh no it’s getting too crazy now” lmao i know your type alright

Many other players I have made friends with and was very kind to. Because they were very kind people. So they got back what they treated me as. You didn’t see this because I do not seek attention or want to try and virtue signal like I do common today. I don’t care if you like me or not. If you guys had left me alone and not tried to keep dragging me into your idiotic clan stuff I would not be pointing out your extremely dishonorable behavior. You are bullieS is what you are. You are trying to bully me to prove a point to Evo when I was a new player to the alliance server and left immediately when I realized you are all totally insane

gran·deur
[ˈɡranjər, ˈɡrando͝or]
NOUN
splendor and impressiveness, especially of appearance or style:
"the austere grandeur of mountain scenery"

SIMILAR:
splendor
magnificence

high rank or social importance:
"for all their grandeur, the chancellors were still officials of the household"

[/quote]

None of these word salads you keep coming out with have truth or logic behind them. Whos is "you guys"? This is Primary dude. When have I come across as a bully? Aside from responding to your idiotic posts in this thread, when have I ever been mean or dirty? There is no hate directed towards you, you think I hate you? Come on man, I don't even dislike you, why would I exercise that kind of energy onto people playing an online text based game? Like Cumorah said, you have way too much emotion invested into this game. But seriously, do you suffer from paranoid schizophrenia? No one is following you around, no one cares about you, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. No one is messing with you and no one is crying but you.

Looking up the meaning of big words like grandeur to know what they mean, good on you bud!

PS. Still waiting patiently to hear about your second account.
Hello

Aturan Game profile

Patron
EE Patron

Apr 27th 2023, 11:11:24

Cat used to play under a different account years ago but lost the password to it, so he plays under his new one now. I remember him discussing this when he came back.

Rocky79 Game profile

Apr 27th 2023, 12:56:53

So you mess up and it's time to shutdown the game.... brilliant logic

I am far too sarcastic of a person for text based communication :)

I get in trouble with my wife often for things I text to her and you’d think I would learn after ten years but I don’t

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 27th 2023, 13:07:55

Originally posted by Aturan:
Cat used to play under a different account years ago but lost the password to it, so he plays under his new one now. I remember him discussing this when he came back.

Oh yeah. I remember this now.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 27th 2023, 13:40:45

@LB - it's probably a little confusing, but we got on the topic of the other servers when Rocky said he was done playing, and then Cath said he was out too because of cross-server griefing on Team and Alliance, and then you said oh yeah that was you hitting Snake on Team and Evo on alliance, etc. And Gerdler did the same, and Rokkie continues it, and so on and so on. So yeah, the cross-server griefing that goes after all the main netting servers is what he's referring to with people following him around. Tmac and AndrewMose are also both in Snake and get similar treatment, so it's not really paranoia, it's just the usual fluffery in this game that causes people to leave (and maybe come back a few years later).

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 27th 2023, 13:54:06

Yeah, as far as I can remember, it's how this game has always been. Not sure how to stop it other than just banning everyone!

The best solutions are normally from the game mechanics themselves, not from the outside. Damage should be limited on solo servers in some way. In Clash of Clans, you cannot destroy someone's village, for example.

Prime

Apr 27th 2023, 13:56:32

Originally posted by Tertius:
so it's not really paranoia, it's just the usual fluffery in this game that causes people to leave (and maybe come back a few years later).

Or days/weeks by my observations in most cases, if they ever actually stop at all.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 27th 2023, 17:51:56

Originally posted by Requiem:
Yeah, as far as I can remember, it's how this game has always been. Not sure how to stop it other than just banning everyone!

The best solutions are normally from the game mechanics themselves, not from the outside. Damage should be limited on solo servers in some way. In Clash of Clans, you cannot destroy someone's village, for example.

Or you can change country name every set and only tell trusted allies who you are and hope non of the griefers figure out who you are.
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 27th 2023, 18:14:31

Originally posted by Rocky79:

I get in trouble with my wife often for things I text to her and you’d think I would learn after ten years but I don’t

Reinstated, welcome back!
(•_•)

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 28th 2023, 0:52:28

If you have a business and you allow your old grumpy patrons who have no life otherwise run off all of your new patrons it destroys business.

I would highly suggest to anyone who cares about this game not continuing to dwindle into obscurity to

1. Advertise
2. Not allow abusing behavior

This was my experience. A lot of the guys were extremely abusive and it mostly came from the clan stuff.

I understand these guys have some 10 year old beef that I don’t care about but to follow me around and AB every country when I literally was a new player that JUST tried clan is a little absurd.

Obviously this would run off new players. It’s obvious they are doing this to gate keep records as well.

Ive seen a lot of dirty stuff since my return and as someone who used to love this game it’s sad to see.

Play stupid and dumb all you guys want. You know exactly what I’m talking about and I done playing these silly games. It is what it is.

LB, disrespect is no game. If I start calling someone a **** ***** ********* online on call of duty I get banned.

You know why? Because bullying people and being cruel to humans and saying “it’s a game” is psychopathic behavior. Obviously you guys were doing this to me just to try and **** my day up. Thankfully as you said I personally don’t care about this game that much.

Yes my boys in this game are my boys. They were pretty cool dudes. I am sorry you cannot bond with your fellow man in this same way. I see why though.

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 28th 2023, 0:53:03

Originally posted by galleri:
Originally posted by Aturan:

Oh yeah. I remember this now.

Figured you would ;-)

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 28th 2023, 1:00:19

Originally posted by Cumorah:

“My guys”, “friends”, “bullies” 😂- I just like playing the game, but I feel you have way to much emotion invested in something that kinda isn’t real.

I have no idea why you are trying to be so antagonistic today me. I literally do not even know who you are. I tried to look it up and now I’m confused if your name is Mormon or Mexican OR if you are one of those Mormons that went down to mexico. Honestly I don’t care. Take your ur magic underwear and fly away from my proximity.

Cumorah Game profile

Apr 28th 2023, 4:21:42

Originally posted by Cathankins:
Originally posted by Cumorah:

I have no idea why you are trying to be so antagonistic today me. I literally do not even know who you are. I tried to look it up and now I’m confused if your name is Mormon or Mexican OR if you are one of those Mormons that went down to mexico. Honestly I don’t care. Take your ur magic underwear and fly away from my proximity.

Lol I have no idea what you are saying, but please, continue ….. 😂😂

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 28th 2023, 5:31:46

If you have a business and you allow your old grumpy patrons who have no life otherwise run off all of your new patrons it destroys business.

I would highly suggest to anyone who cares about this game not continuing to dwindle into obscurity to

1. Advertise
2. Not allow abusing behavior

This was my experience. A lot of the guys were extremely abusive and it mostly came from the clan stuff.

I understand these guys have some 10 year old beef that I don’t care about but to follow me around and AB every country when I literally was a new player that JUST tried clan is a little absurd.

Obviously this would run off new players. It’s obvious they are doing this to gate keep records as well.

Ive seen a lot of dirty stuff since my return and as someone who used to love this game it’s sad to see.

Play stupid and dumb all you guys want. You know exactly what I’m talking about and I done playing these silly games. It is what it is.

LB, disrespect is no game. If I start calling someone a **** ***** ********* online on call of duty I get banned.

You know why? Because bullying people and being cruel to humans and saying “it’s a game” is psychopathic behavior. Obviously you guys were doing this to me just to try and **** my day up. Thankfully as you said I personally don’t care about this game that much.

Yes my boys in this game are my boys. They were pretty cool dudes. I am sorry you cannot bond with your fellow man in this same way. I see why though.

TL:DR
(•_•)

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 28th 2023, 6:38:00

I’m not going to lie it’s kind of weird how I keep not replying to you and you keep saying that. Obviously I do not care or I would have replied. Take that beta male passive aggressive stuff on you weird triggered boomer.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 28th 2023, 6:43:48

I’m not going to lie it’s kind of weird how I keep not replying to you and you keep saying that. Obviously I do not care or I would have replied. Take that beta male passive aggressive stuff on you weird triggered boomer.

You just did, i win <3
(•_•)

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 28th 2023, 6:50:00

Correct you did win the gift of being blessed with being in the presence of greatness. I envy you Ko. I cannot imagine how great it must be to orbit someone’s presence like myself. A gift from the Gods and a joke that will only be truly understood and appreciated with the passing of time.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 28th 2023, 6:59:44

It truly is!
(•_•)

BlackHole Game profile

Apr 28th 2023, 11:08:18

Hey cat - I'm the one who killed you in team and alliance.

Suck it. Gonna do it again and again too. Same in primary. And Express. And Alliance.

It has nothing to do with gate keeping records, or with any other non-sense you're dredging up.

I'm going to do it because I can. I'll get your little friends too.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 28th 2023, 12:10:29

Originally posted by BlackHole:

Suck it. Gonna do it again and again too. Same in primary. And Express. And Alliance.

It has nothing to do with gate keeping records, or with any other non-sense you're dredging up.

One problem in that equation, you can't kill anyone on this server unless you do a landkill early and he doesn't login to wall, or he abandons the country during the set.
(•_•)

BlackHole Game profile

Apr 28th 2023, 13:06:45

Edited By: BlackHole on Apr 28th 2023, 13:28:48
See Original Post

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 28th 2023, 22:10:03

>be beta male
>make post
>have panic attack
>delete post
>take anti-depressant

Yawn

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 28th 2023, 22:20:32

I am well aware you and gerdler keep killing me on every server. While I do find it hilarious I have triggered whatever group you are a part of (I won’t roast you back so you don’t get triggered and have to report me to the SPLC, I know how you reddit types are)

But that’s was actually my point. I recently came back and obviously you guys are trying to make sure I can’t play the game.

I actually wanted you guys to do that and admit to it which is why I’ve been so antagonistic. I figured one of you would come admit to it. Thank you. Now the mods can at least see this is happening and is probally why so many players are leaving the game.

Unfortunately as many of the guys who I chat with in this game Already know I have to leave soon (your new, I tend to take years long hiatus from this game, not because I don’t like it but because life) so as much as I would like to waste my time being stalked by some weird person I don’t know I’ll have to pass

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 28th 2023, 22:55:46

I dont think Ive ever even hit you on any other server than 1a.

Actually probably a landgrab or two in primary over the years. You know you can check for that, with a few clicks?

I'd love it if I had time to do a tenth of the stuff I get credit for doing.

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 28th 2023, 23:47:35

Originally posted by Gerdler:
I dont think Ive ever even hit you on any other server than 1a.

Actually probably a landgrab or two in primary over the years. You know you can check for that, with a few clicks?

I guess I just keep imagining this behavior?

https://www.earthempires.com/profile/45213

https://www.eestats.com/team/oldcountry/3918/108

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 28th 2023, 23:51:07

Call me crazy man but if I was a moderator would try and be kind and help people to join the game. As others have said in other threads I actually do that anyways and I am not a moderator.

It’s pretty crappy when someone with authority can’t handle it. I wonder how many other players you have ran off with this behavior? Is this how you always act? I don’t even know you but my first impression is that you like to play games and then play stupid. Seems to be your guys style.

Where I’m from we don’t like
liars or respect lying period.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 28th 2023, 23:52:33

Deja vu

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 28th 2023, 23:53:46

Smaug (#49) was you. I didn't touch you.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 29th 2023, 0:04:51

Bonus

TidyTerry Game profile

Apr 29th 2023, 3:50:49

Originally posted by Rocky79:

Reinstated, welcome back!

Glad to have you back Rocky79!

cordycsw Game profile

Apr 29th 2023, 4:45:25

nonus

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 29th 2023, 8:04:23

Smaug (#49) was you. I didn't touch you.

I’ve said you guys keep hitting my team and sending guys to hit my team. I created that team man and I played one Or two time’s over on alliance only because I invited T to play with me over there.

It just all seems a little messed up, I obviously did not understand the rules being a new player over there and was just trying to go with the flow and now you decide to send your gang of schizo’s over to team to make sure my team can’t play.

I am not evo. I invited andrew from when we played years ago, i remembered he was a very nice guy and very skilled.

I met Nitell over on express, similar story.

I invited T because of his skill level, didn’t know him and he rejected my idea until I think he realizes that i was serious about about hitting the high score and then he was in. He brought tert.

My point is I am not evo and I did put a lot of work into it.

At one point I wanted to recruit you as well and superfly. Maybe I sent the messages wrong because I didn’t later realize the message system was confusing and I had been messaging guys and it not going to anyone but myself or something strange like that.

So yea that’s why I’m upset. I didn’t just pick you out randomly, your reputation is you are the guy with all the pull and guys listen to you, I actually originally wanted both you and tmac on snake.

When your team comes sending guys to ruin my set, and it has happened so many times now since we started breaking high scores. Every single set actually.

I would not and have not even retaliated. And I could. I am game A tourney right now and if you noticed I never even ruined BH set or anyone else.

I could have, easily. But I chose to show mercy because that behavior is beneath me and as a moderator I would expect the same from you

BlackHole Game profile

Apr 29th 2023, 11:00:01

Cat - STOP CRYING AND QUIT ALREADY. HOLY fluff.

You want to come ruin my set in A? Fvcking go for it. Superfly attacked me day 2. You think I care if you come tango too? fluff, you probably should, cause if not, I might just ruin yours. Now that I know you're in tourney A I guess I gotta do some research and figure out who you are.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 29th 2023, 11:52:33

War game. (bonus)

SuperFly Game profile

Apr 29th 2023, 12:55:09

Cat - STOP CRYING AND QUIT ALREADY. HOLY fluff.

You want to come ruin my set in A? Fvcking go for it. Superfly attacked me day 2. You think I care if you come tango too? fluff, you probably should, cause if not, I might just ruin yours. Now that I know you're in tourney A I guess I gotta do some research and figure out who you are.

Glad to hear I ruined you. My job is done….

Btw you gonna make multiple countries in primary as well to get the kills that you were bragging about in your massages above that you now deleted after everyone told you that you can’t make a kill in primary?

Or is running Multies your thing for team and allaince and only?

https://m.earthempires.com/...eleted-51762?t=1682742425

Edited By: SuperFly on Apr 29th 2023, 12:59:38

BlackHole Game profile

Apr 29th 2023, 13:23:04

Take my deal or stfu Supercry.

SuperFly Game profile

Apr 29th 2023, 13:24:59

What’s the deal multi runner man? Please post here so that my peers can judge if it’s good or not.

BlackHole Game profile

Apr 29th 2023, 13:45:33

Originally posted by SuperFly:

What’s the deal multi runner man? Please post here so that my peers can judge if it’s good or not.

take my deal or stfu