Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 13th 2012, 19:27:26

Ya, we need to be in the loop :P
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

oldman Game profile

Mar 17th 2012, 7:20:28

What happened to these fixes? there's another guy doing the DR thingy in express this set.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 17th 2012, 7:28:57

Who???? You should DT me, oldman, ill GS you 100x maybe if we all start doing it the admins will get back to work!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 17th 2012, 8:15:26

Don't expect anything for a while, both admins are currently busy, pang with work and qz is away on holidays
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

crest23 Game profile

Mar 17th 2012, 14:51:16

Isn't abusing DR in Express "exploiting a bug" according to the rules?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Karim Game profile

Mar 17th 2012, 15:53:21

#8 i guess: way to abuse the system.

If more reported ingame the cheaters every set, we'd have less :)
-[Panzer Division MD]-

Jackelope Game profile

Mar 23rd 2012, 20:54:38

1)GET RID OF STORED TURNS!!!! 360(360)---> 360(30) PLAY YUR fluffING TURNS PEOPLE!!!

it is impossible to play out front.. everyone stores turns and retals 50A hits for 1500A.

2) put a time limit on the retal window!!! 18hrs is about right... 24hrs is too long.

JJ23 Game profile

Mar 23rd 2012, 21:31:44

i kind of agre with the 360(360) being too much.

camping and late starting is probably more exploitation than any tech leech, off ally, or market camp.

it allows you so much information before you take turns and if youre even moderately decent, you can retal anyone if u can roll off 400-600 turns of production.
Originally posted by blid:
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

Kingme Game profile

Mar 23rd 2012, 21:57:45

Special attacks should not count towards DR (like missiles)

Stored turns are fine, but I think they should be dropped to 360(180).

Drop the time it takes for DR to wear off. In this quick format, it should be decreased at least in half.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2012, 22:20:25

360(360) is fine, its express server.
(•_•)

JJ23 Game profile

Mar 23rd 2012, 22:22:36

i feel like things should be done together.

meaning either leave as is or go 360(180) AND DR to 12 hours.

360 (360) + 12 hr DR would be worse.. because then people would just get farmed.

The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2012, 22:28:59

12hr DR in xpress is too long too, should be no more than 6 hrs
(•_•)

Kingme Game profile

Mar 23rd 2012, 22:53:01

No offense KoHeartsGPA, but that's a crappy argument.
I could say the same thing.
360(180) is fine, it's express server.

I agree that DR is too long, I can't say what the perfect time limit would be, but it's something that should be tested and tweaked. I mean express really is the perfect beta server.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2012, 22:56:51

Booo! :p
(•_•)

blid

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2012, 23:37:30

Originally posted by Jackelope:
1)GET RID OF STORED TURNS!!!! 360(360)---> 360(30) PLAY YUR fluffING TURNS PEOPLE!!!

it is impossible to play out front.. everyone stores turns and retals 50A hits for 1500A.

2) put a time limit on the retal window!!! 18hrs is about right... 24hrs is too long.

Amen my friend. 270 (180) in my opinion. It's a 5-day set, with 270 (180) you can skip a full day, 20% of the round, without losing one turn. And you can play a lot of turns at once, but not 360! This plus a DR tweak might be pretty sweet.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2012, 0:03:03

No 360 = No pop solo kills!

Party pooper! You don't want death penalty for douchebags!
(•_•)

Jackelope Game profile

Mar 24th 2012, 0:25:18

KoH.. 360(360) is retarded.
you may have to give up solo kills.. AB'n the fluff outta someone is alotta fun too :P

i like blids idea better 270(180)...
12hr DR
24hr Retal window<-- might not need this if turns are fixed

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2012, 0:34:51

Pfft! Kool aid drinker! :p
(•_•)

rlxdntdt Game profile

Mar 24th 2012, 0:35:09

turns are fine now, problem with big retals then dont go around making noob grabs for 50 acres on half the server...

Kingme Game profile

Mar 24th 2012, 0:38:56

There is nothing wrong with making grabs... it was the intention of the games creator(s).

Jackelope Game profile

Mar 24th 2012, 2:28:10

Originally posted by rlxdntdt:
turns are fine now, problem with big retals then dont go around making noob grabs for 50 acres on half the server...

yup!! your right!! :) we should all store turns and spring traps... like a hooker jumping out of a big cake... SURPRISE!!
i can see what strat you play...
i wouldnt want to take away any advantage to you campers...

Edited By: Jackelope on Mar 24th 2012, 2:32:00
See Original Post

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 23rd 2013, 19:21:36

Bump.

So 14 months and nothing?

Bye again!

Rob Game profile

Apr 24th 2013, 18:36:51

The only changes are... not the really needed ones but the unnecessary ones

I really appreciate what the guys running this free game have done for us all, as i love this game, but does any other server besides alliance matter anymore to the guys running the show?

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2013, 19:20:53

I like the new rules, it keeps people from finding it as easy as possible to behave as a douche nozzle.

Works for me. :)
Thanks.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

DFA Game profile

Apr 24th 2013, 19:45:45

Aww, I didnt see the date :( was getting really excited for the proposed changes :(

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 25th 2013, 9:39:36

Originally posted by Rob:
The only changes are... not the really needed ones but the unnecessary ones

I really appreciate what the guys running this free game have done for us all, as i love this game, but does any other server besides alliance matter anymore to the guys running the show?

:-( so much negativity from you Rob. been putting off responding to you because i'm not sure if its worth it.

Contrary to what seems everyone's belief, we do actually put a lot of thought into changes and how they effect each of the various servers.

people calling us out for treating all servers the same must not realise that gdi and the market already run differently on non-clan servers compared to clan servers. proposed changes have been outlined here, and there has been significant work gone into making it happen, but as you can see, it hasnt yet.

we are doing the best we can with what time we have available.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

blid

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2013, 12:02:49

That's not really too much "negativity" from Rob imo, he even took the trouble to couch his comment in a nice "I really appreciate what the guys running the game have done for us all."

Whether or not you put thought into how changes will affect each server, the changes that have been implemented over the last year have all been designed to fix things in Alliance. Every change in the latest package I can point to the problem in Alliance that caused the change to be made, and the last game play change before that was in June and was the "ramp up" attacking change which also was made for Alliance.

We just want a little love and to make sure our issues get put on the docket ahead of the next Alliance tweak, and hope maybe a Primary we all enjoy can avoid the devastating changes looming in front of it.

Edited By: blid on Apr 25th 2013, 12:05:19
See Original Post
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 25th 2013, 14:33:53

i was referring to other posts on another forum about the same thing as well, blid.

As for the ramp up. Why is that bad for so called solo servers? i think its great!! if i go through the trouble of having great defense for special attacks, why should a few attacks completely maim me and ruin my reset? i know that primary has slow turn generation, but that shouldnt make any difference. we actually put this in with non-clan servers in mind. we got quite a few complaints that its pretty easy to ruin someone's reset, regardless of GDI. this change goes to fixing that.

You can continue to say that every change was designed for alliance because you can find a bit of evidence about how it improves that specific server, but it doesn't make the statement true.

Tbh, we are doing as we said we would, and are monitoring these changes and how they effect individual servers. in the grand scheme of things, i think we are doing our best.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

blid

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2013, 14:47:54

1) The ramp up was put in to make kill runs a little harder in Alliance and to assist with the possibility of "walling."
2) You can only hold 80 turns on Primary, 100 turns on Tourney. That's not enough for significant ramp up damage. Evidence was posted of ABs destroying only 0.5% of the target's buildings per attack. ABs and BRs have been effectively removed as warring tools on those two servers except in cases where the person doesn't bother to carry defense.
3) ABs and BRs are only used as acts of war - your round, as far as netting goes, probably should be significantly hampered if you find yourself in a war. I'm not sure who was complaining they were too powerful before, but I didn't find that to be the case. If you have good AB defense you can either prevent it, or give them high readiness costs (which on a server with limited turns limits the damage). They also didn't previously destroy high numbers of construction sites, so rebuilding wasn't impossible.

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 25th 2013, 14:48:02

Because GDI should almost completely nullify the threat of special attacks on solo servers (assuming GDI works on Primary/Tourny the same as Express).
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2013, 14:51:24

It works the same on Primary, Tourney is a bloodbath :) And Tourney is basically fine like that
So yes, you were completely protected from ABs/BRs on Primary and Express unless you didn't join GDI or double tapped someone in which case you're accepting the risk.

Edited By: blid on Apr 25th 2013, 14:58:03
See Original Post

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 25th 2013, 15:23:48

no, ramping up was put in because its more logical that a good defense should mitigate some of the destruction. i think that the average KR lasts nearly as long as they did previously, unless the person walls effectively. surely the people you're attacking on primary should get a chance to 'wall' as well, even if its not at the same time you hit them.

high csite destruction is being looked at game-wide.

And, as you said with .5% thats 30% or more buildings per full set of 80 turns at least. and that assumes that you dont destroy enough tanks to increase that from .5%. is that not enough buildings destroyed to warrant 'significantly hampered' ??

All that being said, we appreciate feedback from our players. we will also review these changes, as we said we would.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

crest23 Game profile

Apr 25th 2013, 15:48:21

I don't know where you get the 30% from (some flawed testing I suppose). I'm yet to see that happen. I will say at most 10% damage, if that.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2013, 16:28:35

Oh, sorry, I mis-reported when I said 0.5%. It's hard to do that much damage. The attempts I posted in the bug forum got half that, 0.25%. Chewi got something closer to 0.4% in his report though. That's weak and comes at a heavy cost (your own losses). In my experience, trying to take down a Tourney player that was bombing my structures, I found it was better for me to just not bother rather than to try to AB him out of production or out of humanitarian range. I was never able to kill more in a day than he was able to rebuild.

Edited By: blid on Apr 25th 2013, 16:35:09
See Original Post

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 25th 2013, 18:11:09

surely the issue is with spyops then and not AB, BR, etc...
-iZarcon
EE Developer

blid

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2013, 18:34:00

I said AB was useless because he could easily rebuild the damage I did on a daily basis, that doesn't have much to do with spy ops (which are indeed an issue, but a separate one).

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 25th 2013, 19:32:20

In my experience, trying to take down a Tourney player that was bombing my structures

^ i was referring to that reference to spying.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

blid

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2013, 19:32:48

I know, but that wasn't the problem with my ABs. The problem was I did dozens for days and he was always rebuilt the next day, and I never got to ramp up and do real damage.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 18th 2013, 17:15:41

Bump again since 4 months ago!

So 1.5 years and DR abuse hasn't been fixed yet?

Bye again!

izapimp Game profile

Aug 18th 2013, 19:26:54

Ttt
-maKaroni