Verified:

Jackelope Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 20:01:56

even an average player can pull it off... i mean its a little stupid.. and just too much of an advantage to techers and cashers that wait and wack you back for 10x... i mean a commie has ta sleep some time. you have to have a REAL good game to stay ahead of those retals. and once 1 or 2 catch you with a retal... its all over... the rest are going to get a turn.. and you think 0 DR retals is better... you'ld feel like 2 dollar hooker at a singapore bar on a saturday night. it be frickin gang rape.

and forget about dictator advantage or tyranny... they are already at a disadvantage... this would make them more useless

Edited By: Jackelope on Feb 10th 2012, 20:09:25
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 20:22:26

It's not an advantage for a techer as much, they can't horde turns quite so much as a commie or a casher, or they'll miss the market peak.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

jabberwocky Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 20:58:03

if you attack a lot and have decent defense in express, you're almost always at 0 DR anyway (at least in my experience).

blid

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2012, 21:17:30

You are, unless you double tap and someone unleashes 15 GS or something on you.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 10th 2012, 21:52:21

"
CHANGE #4: If in the past 24 hours a country has landgrabbed you and you have not landgrabbed them since, your first retal will ignore DR rules.

This is abusable in the exact opposite way of what it is trying to prevent. Let's say my friend is in 100 DR caused by 100 ABs and is crippled into nothing, and he has been grabbed 9 times by other people using Change #3 on top of that. He could now explore max turns, make a single SS Defense Held attack on me, and I would be able to retal for huge acres.

In order to fix this, Change #4 should be modified to say "CHANGE #4: If in the past 24 hours a country has landgrabbed you SUCCESSFULLY and you have not landgrabbed them since, your first retal will ignore DR rules." That's the extra word in there, SUCCESSFULLY."

We actually meant successfully, and yeah I realize that that isn't there :P
I'll add that comment though just to be sure.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Pain Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 21:54:22

to be fair i think the initial GDI you start out with should be free like Tourney and if you chose to leave it should cost you the money per turn GDI normally would. essentially reverse them.

otherwise i think these are great changes. its going to force people to play better and not be able to go all jet and hide in DR or cheating to get in DR.
Your mother is a nice woman

Jackelope Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 23:20:46

martian.. if you do 0DR retal in 24 hrs
if youre an agressive player... i can do 20 lgs in 24hrs or more.. so if i fall behind.. because fluff wont sell on the market.. i wont have a country left... 20 0DR retals in one shot would destroy that country. even 10!!... maze well leave gdi and lg one country into oblivion and not worry about a 0DR retal. if people dont like get bottom feed on, dont be at the bottom. simple.

Edited By: Jackelope on Feb 10th 2012, 23:27:18
See Original Post

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 2:45:28

Jackelope, a number of us have also long suggested that the number of turns on Express be reduced to 180(180) or 180(90) to prevent hoarding turns for A) large retals B) market price stability. This would require players to login twice a day, which is reasonable.

And there is nothing wrong with doing 20 landgrabs - you should be prepared for 20 retals. If you don't want to risk this, then only grab say 3 or 4 times on larger targets.

Also in case you think I'm biased, I'm not, my last 5 resets are all CI bottomfeeders, and this is a indirect way of reducing the effectiveness of CIs and early bottomfeeding.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 11th 2012, 3:33:49

270 (180). You should be allowed to miss a day without losing turns. You just shouldn't be allowed to take a whole day's turns at once, or to miss two days.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 11th 2012, 4:49:16

so jack , you think you have the right to go and grab 20 countries who are likely at ODR, but its not ok for them to retal you at 0 DR??
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 11th 2012, 5:58:31

Originally posted by Pain:
to be fair i think the initial GDI you start out with should be free like Tourney and if you chose to leave it should cost you the money per turn GDI normally would. essentially reverse them.

otherwise i think these are great changes. its going to force people to play better and not be able to go all jet and hide in DR or cheating to get in DR.
+1
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Jackelope Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 6:47:54

warster.. this is a war game and no most smaller targets are not at 0DR unless you grab early the first day...and i dont mind them retaling.. its just a little over welming if 20 retal at once all with 0DR... i mean, if bottom feeding was what you set out to get rid of... its going to work for me. But this just gives more power to the techers..
Hey martian, im easy, ask any girl that knows me. I'ld like to try it out. ill be the first country retaled to 0 Acres :)

Edited By: Jackelope on Feb 11th 2012, 6:56:26
See Original Post

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 11th 2012, 12:09:24

then dont go and do 20 hits at once , and this is not a war game, if it was a war game then why does GDi stop special attacks?
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Jackelope Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 18:48:38

Originally posted by Warster:
then dont go and do 20 hits at once , and this is not a war game, if it was a war game then why does GDi stop special attacks?

STOP ATTACKING PEOPLE!!! THIS IS NOT A "WAR" GAME!! Please Explore and sing Kumbaya my lord as you do.

that is all.

just kidding :)

the DR system needs to be fixed, that is very true, i just think this goes a little to far. my 2 cents.

braden Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 20:06:45

curbing the strategy of 2 turns for every one mid game would be ridiculously unfair against non-commies who are already ridiculously susceptible to large commies early game.

now if i have to hold 6k acres instead of 3k acres, I'm fluffed, and have little interest in being anybodys landfarm, so why bother playing?

"if people dont like get bottom feed on, dont be at the bottom. simple."

made moot by the point of if you don't want to hit for small gains and be retalled for large gains, don't hit for small gains. even simpler.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 11th 2012, 20:14:46

Originally posted by braden:
curbing the strategy of 2 turns for every one mid game would be ridiculously unfair against non-commies who are already ridiculously susceptible to large commies early game.

now if i have to hold 6k acres instead of 3k acres, I'm fluffed, and have little interest in being anybodys landfarm, so why bother playing?
What are you saying here? Do you mean to say one can't compete with commies without storing turns? If so I don't really agree.

Jackelope Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 20:41:25

if commies dont LG the techers early on for small gains.. the techers would own the game. very simple
its known tech starts and techers will get hit early, as well known they get big retals for those 50A gains... which is BS. they should have a 18hr time limit to do a retal.. or the slate is wiped clean.

Edited By: Jackelope on Feb 11th 2012, 20:43:34
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 11th 2012, 20:43:44

Not with the current tech prices!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Jackelope Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 20:53:26

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Not with the current tech prices!

doesnt matter..koh.
if you choose to tech early or bank turns and fall behind ...you should get hit, this is your choice, WHY SHOULD I GET PUNISHED FOR THAT??? So you can retal for 2000A? fluff that!!!... Play your turns or get wacked..

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 11th 2012, 21:04:32

I played my turns properly, teched early and switched to farmer :) cheap food is killing me!
(•_•)

braden Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 21:16:09

i am not your personal landfarm. after my billion nw on this server, you'd think people would realize that john birch or taylor swift is X is more than capable of retalling.

if i only have 18 hours to retal you, then reduce the gains to half of what you'd otherwise get. curb how i play, curb how they play.

it is a perfectly legitimate strategy to incur small losses early game and then get big returns mid game. Just like you sit there yelling and screaming about how it's a perfectly legitimate strategy to attack somebody 222k nw and 1800 acres.

"What are you saying here? Do you mean to say one can't compete with commies without storing turns? If so I don't really agree. "

I mean to say that if i can get to 3200 acres and hold for stored turns and log into six or seven grabs for less than a hundred acres, then if i was forced to sit on 6500 acres instead, i'd get that much more raped, and my retals would STILL gain me far more acres than you would have taken.

YOU hit for small gains, YOU chose how it unfolds, not me. You can take my land? sure thing. I can sure as fluff get it back, you'd better be damned sure of that.

you chose your play style, which benefits you. i choose my play style, which benefits me.

turns shouldn't be changed. and if they are, then the commies ridiculous early game advantage needs to be addressed, too. Or we can keep it as it stands, where both parties are fairly happy with how it works (they show this by continuing to attack for small gains.. what, the other big commies aren't viable targets? because they can retal right now? i call bullfluff on that, barrister)

braden Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 21:28:01

(he says immediately before failing a retal.. :P)

Jackelope Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 21:30:35

LOL,thats funny :)
JUST get rid of dr all together... reduce gains abit... thats fair then... NOONE can hid behind the sheild of DR.. just get rid of it!!! done. thats my vote.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 11th 2012, 23:04:12

Lets give the new rules a try, assuming they won't take too long to implement. Then we can complain about the people who find a way to get the most out of them, and decide whether the Spirit of the Game is being upheld or they are dirty scoundrels :)

crest23 Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 23:24:37

I'll be playing a different style next set. I will like to seeif he falls for my trap. You know who you are.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Jackelope Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 23:25:35

who me? what trap?? i dont like the sound of this....

tduong Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 23:26:13

ok, please set it up and i'll fall right in :)
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

crest23 Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 23:30:54

Not you Jack, you are a friend. Not you tduong, I don't hang with cheats. And not you braden, I like you.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

tduong Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 23:40:52

lmao drama boy. go back home to your mama and cry on her lap

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 13th 2012, 4:52:58

yeah. I remember the game before DR you know..:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 13th 2012, 4:59:40

Please!!!!! Make it 3 hits to void GDI!!!!! 5 is too many!
(•_•)

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 21st 2012, 15:43:16

we're probably going to test some changes in a public beta run for express..
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 21st 2012, 15:44:45

All i ask is that any changes be made public BEFORE the set begins. Its not cool to think things are all and well and then you get blindsided as Old Man did this past set.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 21st 2012, 15:47:04

that's going to be the idea this time..
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Jackelope Game profile

Feb 21st 2012, 17:21:37

martian, When are these changes going to take place?

Edited By: Jackelope on Feb 21st 2012, 17:57:35
See Original Post

mdemon Game profile

Feb 21st 2012, 21:11:44

I agree that removing GDI protection from a country after hitting 5 hits is way too many. GDI should only protect those players that are not aggressive and who do don't run farms. Any country that hits another country 2 or more times deserves to be suicided on (you have to give something to those players who play the game only to suicide on others or who kill countries for fun). Anyways, the unwritten and accepted rule is that if you lg a country 2 or more times, he/she has sufficient reason to suicide you.

The only difference would be that instead of allowing the country that got attacked to do special attacks, you open the offensive country to everyone who has nothing to lose and wants to get even at someone. It will give a place to everyone.

People that like to police for others would be able to identify the suiciders and help maintain order in the game. It will also keep the game clean and discourage land trading among friends.

Edited By: mdemon on Feb 21st 2012, 21:20:35
See Original Post

Fatty Game profile

Feb 22nd 2012, 19:45:53

GDI FTL

DELETE GDI

Bring the players back.

Simple as that.

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 22nd 2012, 19:48:29

Im gonna farm someone to see how many hits before GDI goes away, any takers? ill return the favor :p
(•_•)

Jackelope Game profile

Feb 22nd 2012, 19:49:59

yup.. #48 :) I get to retal though... we could be the first non-GDI scum. lol

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 22nd 2012, 20:08:52

Go to irc, Jack :)
(•_•)

Jackelope Game profile

Feb 22nd 2012, 20:10:51

i gotta head to work bud... :( bills aint going to pay themselves!! :)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 22nd 2012, 20:11:35

LOL, ok, ya i gotta hit the road tonight :(
(•_•)

crest23 Game profile

Feb 23rd 2012, 14:44:51

I THOUGHT THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF THE CHANGE IN EXPRESS WAS TO COUNTER,............. THIS!!!

http://www.eestats.com/express/country/134
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 23rd 2012, 14:48:29

I was just looking at those two countries myself, trying to see how the GDI rules work. Isn't this person supposed to be kicked out of GDI, for starters? What we haven't seen yet, but what I suspect is supposed to happen, is that the people #134 attacked should be able to get full gains on retals even though #134 shows DR.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 23rd 2012, 14:56:58

Who knows, there was and still is no announcement on anything.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 23rd 2012, 15:04:35

Maybe they're doing one step at a time. This set you don't get kicked out of GDI and can't quit, because they are just focusing on the retal coding. They should tell us how it's supposed to work though... it clearly isn't doing what martian posted in this thread and I don't know if that's a bug in the new rules or not!

tduong Game profile

Feb 23rd 2012, 15:25:15

maybe we should just ask them instead of guessing

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 23rd 2012, 15:31:10

something has been implemented on the alpha server and we are in the process of testing/debugging. There is a possibility that there will be a beta round of express to test the changes once there is reasonable confidence that things are more or less doing what we say they will do.

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

blid

EE Patron

Feb 23rd 2012, 15:37:36

But we're all in GDI in Express already. Is this an alpha server or a beta round or something? Has anything been changed this set except auto-GDI? Is there any way out of the GDI?

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 13th 2012, 18:18:39

So any updates on this?

It's been a while.