Verified:

Dadgha Mhor Game profile

Feb 12th 2021, 1:50:46

I mean seriously?

Meant to be a perk of Premium and it invariably says "High". Complete nonsense! I had a SPAL of 43 vs a country with a SPAL of 146 and it said "High". I've never seen anything but a 'high" message and its complete BS!

Please fix this friggin thing because it is a detriment and not a help! I would never have tried any of those ops if it wasn't for the stupid thing saying my chance of success is "high". Come on!

Edited By: Slagpit on Mar 3rd 2021, 17:09:37
See Original Post
Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 12th 2021, 1:52:59

Yes it sux, I fail more to lower spal than high ones, it really is fluffed up and I've been ringing that bell since I came back, Primary is the worst of all servers I've played.

Oh wait, you're talking about premium, yeah I don't have that.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2021, 18:38:59

What percent for success do you personally associate with a "High" chance of success? As in, how often would you expect to fail?

I did run a quick test and I'm able to see "Chance of success: Low" show up.

Prime

Feb 13th 2021, 21:48:10

Originally posted by Slagpit:
What percent for success do you personally associate with a "High" chance of success? As in, how often would you expect to fail?

I feel like some people expect to fail almost never *shrug*. I guess its important if you're tech stealing.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 13th 2021, 22:57:53

You shouldn't ever rely on it, it should just say if you will win or not for the prem-o members :p

Tmac Game profile

Feb 14th 2021, 0:21:19

Is low and high the only 2 categories? If so I would think 50+ would be high, and under 50 low. I wouldn't expect a high chance if my target had a higher spal, muchless 3x higher.

Dadgha Mhor Game profile

Feb 14th 2021, 0:43:56

It's nothing got to do with expecting it to succeed every time Prime, that's an assinine response. But I would expect it to be a bit more than 10%, which is exactly what it has been on a number of occasions during war.
The point I am making is that you wouldn't do 10-15 spy ops in a row (for readiness or whatever) if it says "low", but you are much more inclined to do so if it says "high". In two recent examples, the target had a SPAL of 146 versus my 43 (as I found out after) and there is no way that that is a "high" chance of success, yet it clearly says high when I went to do the op. That's not even a perk, it's a detriment!
I would expect High to be >75%, medium (if it exists) to be 35-74%, and low <35%.

Originally posted by Prime:
Originally posted by Slagpit:

I feel like some people expect to fail almost never *shrug*. I guess its important if you're tech stealing.
Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 14th 2021, 1:54:28

High is supposed to be 80%+. Moderate does exist.

Does anyone have a specific example of this not appearing to work correctly? I need land and spies for both the attacker and the defender, not just SPAL.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 14th 2021, 2:26:05

I can cap one this set for sure Slag. I can say as it pertains to war on very high spal it seems broken... If I'm like ~400 spal and type in a number of someone with both more spies and 3x my spal I do see high as well.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 14th 2021, 2:53:56

How many acres for both countries in your example?

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 14th 2021, 3:08:16

In my example. Let's say I have 18m spies and they have 18m. I'm on 60k acres they're on 12k. I will see high chance.

But just generally from my war experience with most of the player base coming in with 300+ spals, I'm usually middle of the pack but see high for everyone.

Part of me has always been curious if it is including my intel allies but not theirs. Because I have seen it as low before but only in cases where I had no allies.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 14th 2021, 3:50:18

Someone else sent me an example. I'm looking into it.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 14th 2021, 4:20:48

My initial impression is there's a bug in a the code which leads to the wrong result being displayed at times. Fixed code for the issue is currently going through our internal review process. Thank you for reporting this issue!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 14th 2021, 5:30:29

Great! It would be an odd time for me to be helpful oop on the servers I play, but I can tell you I've seen it and sorta laughed knowing I would fail several before I got thru when it says HIGH and I'm very clearly forcing an op thru 7 or 8 fails over someone I generally have no chance to op. If I drop my allies tho, I can tell you quite frankly the accuracy goes way up. Like suddenly if I have 0 intel allies the accuracy of that high or low suddenly just gets very good.

Those are the only two things I'm sure of tho. I do tell people I play with not to believe it and that it doesnt work. But in my head i assume it is because it calculates my allies in as like....if I have 18m spies and my allies each have 10m. It's my 38m spies against the guy I'm trying to op with no allies. At least that's the way it seems...

From my perspective it is more than doubling my spy total with allies (I actually dont know if intel allies can cross the 100% threshold), and not calculating my enemies allies period. That's been my assumption about it but I just tell people generally not to believe it, and that we should do the pencil and paper math anyways.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Feb 14th 2021, 5:39:06
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 14th 2021, 5:51:25

I don't have any real impression of what could be wrong, I just realized I couldn't rely on it very much.

I think it's a little weird to have this in the game at all to be honest, which is why I have not been so bothered with it not being very reliable. :)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 14th 2021, 6:34:30

I think it was supposed to be like a singular reason for a person who is warring to get premium aside from 1 extra turn every 2 days tho. Haha.

I think it is totally wonky that it is in the game too but like if I only played 1a in mercs and no other servers, it'd be super slick to know if my CDs were gonna go thru. Would be extra extra extra slick if that readout gave me some evaluation of my enemies spy DR. But I actually agree with you that it is somewhat weird it is there in the first place. It's just that, for netting premium bonus can generate tons thru being able to max build cost or hit decay at a breakneck. For a war, to be clear, its 1 turn every 2 days and the spy bonus. Maybe like an extra 2% expenses you know haha (aside from not having to click thru ad links like a savage, but everyone can quit being a savage today!)

I think for the developers piggybank sake, it's something totally weird that if it worked and fully included spy DRs and such would make wardogs more religiously premium. I dont think it necessarily adds anything to the game but I think it's a thing that doesnt mess anything up and is a thing to generate pang bux. Pang bux generate interest in development etc. I'm very unopposed to it working properly. Plus I'd like to think MY SPIES OF ALL PEOPLE should know if they were headed to their death.

We need this to work and work well because capitalism.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Feb 14th 2021, 6:53:42
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 14th 2021, 18:15:43

That makes sense I guess. The netter doesn't benefit from this mechanism but the war dogs do, the netters benefit plenty from the bonus thingy already so this makes premium strong for both.

The reason I use premium isn't for the extra point every day it's because the bonus timers no longer diverge. I mean the extra point is nice as well but it used to be so annoying to tryhard and have set 2 alarms every day to get those bonuses.

Edited By: Gerdler on Feb 14th 2021, 18:18:47

Dadgha Mhor Game profile

Feb 15th 2021, 1:09:04

I can give you one that just ahppened to me right now

Me:
Spies 76,693
Land 2584 Acres
Spy Effectiveness: 113.0% of Normal

Target:
Spies 1,080,641
Land 10,524
Spy Effectiveness: 116.0% of Normal

Chance of Success: High!!!!

Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave

commander1972 Game profile

Feb 15th 2021, 1:27:45

set alarms to get bonus ? haha

BONUS

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 15th 2021, 7:58:56

This should be fixed now.

Dadgha Mhor Game profile

Feb 15th 2021, 14:58:44

It is, and you included a "moderate". That's great!
'Thanks
Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave

Tmac Game profile

Feb 15th 2021, 18:59:45

Good work slagpit!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 15th 2021, 21:01:08

@slag awesome stuff. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, does it include spy DRs or no?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 15th 2021, 22:52:18

Lets not answer that so we can test it out ourselves.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 16th 2021, 1:12:49

Easy to test just post here for all to know.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 16th 2021, 5:23:57

Fiiiine lol