Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 5:08:08

by your war performances this set. Maybe people are leaving the game b/c their alliances have become terrible. Perhaps yes, many people want to net, and can't b/c their alliances are so poorly run they can't offer this protection anymore...

Anyways, my advice to the Pangs of the world is to stop blaming others and look in the mirror about why your alliances, and hence "the game" are so crappy.

Yamaha Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 5:15:45

Wow, another productive thread, thanks for sharing typical AT poster.
Paradigm - The Nuthouse
IMP - Haters Gonna Hate

mrford Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 5:18:25

Why don't you war sof next set

till then shut the fluff up from the sidelines over there ok?

Na and sof waring accomplished many things for both sides, which you don't really need to know about. Now, I like evo and everything, but when is the last time you even fought a war without help? I mean really. Laf, pdm, and na all 3 rammed headfirst into extremely war prepped allia ces this set, and with the exception of laf and sol, they were fairly friendly wars, and were pretty fun.

Who the ahit are you, to sit there on the sideline, not knowing any of the mitigating factors, having not proved yourselves in quite a while, and judge us?

I mean really
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

TAN Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 5:27:09

who let the trolls out?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 5:27:56

P.s. You just took a fluff on atleast 1 evo fdp, probably 2

are you really that stupid? I didn't see you calling NA a crappy alliance when we were bailing your ass out, or helping you through that 8 month span of constant war.

The way I see it, you have no say here. Unless evo smashes into a war alliance atleast the same size as them next set, you will never have any say
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 5:29:50

A) I don't play in EVO anymore, and have decided recently I don't plan on going back. I love the guys there, just not the netting.

B) I'm all about SOF and SOL getting it on next set. That said this thread isn't about SOF and SOL. They are thriving atm. This thread is about the 3 alliances I mentioned and how there problems may be more internal than they seem to want to admit on AT....

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 13th 2010, 5:36:22

bobby's getting the typical SoL training, it seems.

birds of a feather and all that...
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 5:42:10

Want to know what went down with NA? Not that it's any of your buisness.

We decided a week or so into the set we were going to have to war over our new retal policy. So we started poking around. Imag was going to be our target as they were being the biggest fluffs about it, but we were land tradimg with pretty much the entire server.

Sof came to us, after we turned down a friendly, and told us that if we don't hit them in the next week, they were going to hit us, and if we hit imag, they would probably end up hitting us anyways.

We put up all the proper war prepp threads, mmrs, and a thread voting on the fs time. This was an entire week before we fsed. Now na is a pretty relaxed clan and enviroment to play on, so we did not go all Nazi on our members and decided to trust them to get ready. Clearly they didn't.

The selected fs time was a poor one, as it was sof's most active time. But it was when most of us could be online so we went for it. We fsed, and 90% of sof was online and walled, almost as if they knew our fs time. And 2 hours later they were murdering all our non war prepped countries re: no sdi. All the while, sof was the most prepped I've ever seen an alliance on ee. They did an amazing job and at the time of the fs my breakers couldn't hit their top countries because they didn't have the oil to. Another prepp problem.

In addition to this, me, the how, had a Thursday through Monday personal obligation with 0 online time. And apparently llaar became extremely ill that same weekend. This is the same weekend that boxcar went down and all of our ops were lost. Now this is alot of fluff to go through for any alliance, much less a poorly prepped netting alliance.

So we got beat down, who cares. We expected to. What did we gain?

We squashed a years long beef with sof and got respect and a pact
we got pact upgrade offers from no less than 3 clans for what we did
we got to have a little fun in fighting sof
out new members got to attempt to wall some of the best hitters in the game
the list goes on

I don't really see a negative here, other than the fact that idiots like you who can't see past the simple stats think that the war was a total failure.

So my advice to you would be to tKe that foot out of your mouth before it gets stuck in your throat.

Edited By: mrford on Nov 13th 2010, 5:49:22. Reason: Grammer and spelling
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 5:42:51

bobby is ranked to high
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 13th 2010, 5:47:32

mrford, don't try to reason with morons like that...

just make a note of it and move on
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 5:52:38

I am not a moron!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 13th 2010, 5:54:16

also, just as an aside... when I talk about "the game dying" I'm not specifically talking about LaF, despite what you claim.... LaF will be fine, I know the players there and they are strong. It's the evo's and fists and tie's and lcn's and alliances like that which I worry about with this server. The ones who are playing, but there aren't the strong personalities able to take charge when things are tough or who don't have the drive to continue on. That was seen with TIE, and now somewhat with the fist.

every post that bobby makes about me shows that he never actually understands what I'm driving at.... and just wants to flame. fancy that.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 5:57:04

really your clan just went from mid 60s to well I'm not really sure but it looks like your gonna finish this set like last set around 30 members...

Strong indeed

TAN Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 5:58:03

your new retal policy is retarded and you guys deserve a humiliating war.

country:country land:land ONLY -- everything else equals death?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 6:01:15

That is in the case of single grabs in a 24 hour period

damn everyone refuses to read past the fine print, lol

for more than 1 grab on the same country, or by the same country, anyone can retal and it's 2:1

IMO it promotes grabbing, but denounces farming.

But this community is so change-a-phobic that they refuse to read into the police and just see the country:country and dismiss it
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 6:02:07

I actually do like your retal policy mrford. I just wish an alliance with any power tried to use it:P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 13th 2010, 6:03:25

bobby, if you don't realize that alliances have ups and downs, then you're even less intelligent than you've portrayed yourself to be on these forums ;)

I'll leave you with this thought I posted in another thread, which the haters conveniently ignored, but sums up what I've been saying since the SLIT wars outcome was obvious and things started t go downhill:

Originally posted by Pang:
Regardless of how you perceive what you're doing, there are others who don't agree with it, and are being turned off of this server/the game because of it. Whether it SoL hitting netters consistently for the last year, imag randomly hitting alliances with flimsy reasoning, LaF farming a small tag, or PDM topfeeding all-x countries on a consistent basis -- people aren't enjoying the outcomes of what is going on.

All I've been saying is that if everyone keeps going on the polarized path they are on now with an unwillingness to promote positive change for this server, this server is going to dwindle down until there are not even enough alliances left to rationalize the server's name.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

TAN Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 6:06:56

Originally posted by mrford:
That is in the case of single grabs in a 24 hour period

damn everyone refuses to read past the fine print, lol

for more than 1 grab on the same country, or by the same country, anyone can retal and it's 2:1

IMO it promotes grabbing, but denounces farming.

But this community is so change-a-phobic that they refuse to read into the police and just see the country:country and dismiss it

It's still a fluffty policy. This is the ALLIANCE server. Why the eff would you prohibit clanmates from taking a retal? The land belongs to the alliance, not to the individual.

Originally posted by Pang:
...or PDM topfeeding all-x countries on a consistent basis...

There's no such thing as topfeeding anymore. Everything is based on similar networths. This term "topfeeding" needs to get dropped -- even the name is a misnomer now.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 6:14:54

Didn't you retire tan?

Don't tell me your like helltard now and fake retiring every few months.

It's a valid and grab promoting policy, which as I understand it is pdm's mission statment.

Single grabs in 24 hours are 1:1 country:country
multiple in 24 hours are 1:1 esc and any can retal
no l:l unless fa talks are made

5+ non retal hits on our tag from a country within 72 hours will be met with death
any missiles on our tag will be met with death
any AB/GS/BR attacks on our tag will be met with death
any harmful spy ops on our tag will be met with death
declaring war on any country in our tag will be met with death

I really don't see why that is such a horrible policy. If you don't keep enough d onhand, then you need to keep enough cash onhand to retal. Obviously if someone tries to abuse this police and only grab once every 24 hours, we will take extra measures.

This is only for unpacted clans, it can be avoided by pacting NA. I think it encorages people to pact na or leads to grab and defend their land.

Well fluff fire, that sounds exactly like what PDM is trying to do doesn't it? Just because it's new, and all scary, you reject it
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 13th 2010, 6:18:51

The fact that you joined an alliance that got absolutely demolished in war two sets ago shows that you understand that alliances have good sets and bad sets.

crazyserb Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 6:19:19

what the hell you guy arguining anymore lol who cares anymore, everyone needs to lighten up a bit
just play the game, fight, net whatever

for me this game is amazing i still don't know what everyone is talking about when they say "decline of the game"

Chewi Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 6:39:07

BobbyATA should be embarrassed for converting to a 40k acre MBR!

I can do it too =P

TAN Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 7:23:09

ours promotes lging too, but gives a bit more options for retaliation. none of this retarded "if you don't do exactly as we say, you die" fluff.

you'll kill someone over a single missile? seriously?

i'm going to put your retarded policy to the test next set.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 13th 2010, 7:26:34

Oct/15/10 15:01:38 SS I forgot how to play (#226) (Paradigm) Steve Morrison Stomp Ur Soul (#159) (xICNx) 160 A 302 A

Oct/15/10 19:37:36 NM Steve Morrison Stomp Ur Soul (#159) (xICNx) I forgot how to play (#226) (Paradigm) 445 A

Is this promoting landgrabbing?

locket Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 7:50:53

How is topfeeding a thing of the past? I dont care what peoples networths are. If you have someone with 100k acres and 50mill networth and someone who jumped with 5k acres and 50mill networth and the 2nd country hits the first one that is a topfeed. Im using a crazy circumstance on purpose. Even with ghost acres returns wont be similar in the least :P

TAN Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 8:23:33

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Oct/15/10 15:01:38 SS I forgot how to play (#226) (Paradigm) Steve Morrison Stomp Ur Soul (#159) (xICNx) 160 A 302 A

Oct/15/10 19:37:36 NM Steve Morrison Stomp Ur Soul (#159) (xICNx) I forgot how to play (#226) (Paradigm) 445 A

Is this promoting landgrabbing?

Yes, because if you want all your land back, you need to retal it yourself. OR you can open it up clan-wide, and 1 retal should be more than enough to get all the land back if countries with similar NWs are chosen properly.

Also, why shouldn't special attacks be considered legit retals? In most cases you'll actually lose less by getting retalled with a missile.

Our policy extends both ways and it gives disenfranchised countries a means to deter hits on them that are otherwise unretallable by them.

Finally, it's more fun this way. We play this game to have fun, right? At least we do.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Murf Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 9:21:49

BobbyATA i know your enjoying your stay in SOL this set, but to come on here and talk smack about 3 alliances having poor performances, when you yourself actually died to one of the slowest FS kill runs I've ever seen. Pot calling kettle black comes to mind.

locket Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 9:28:30

lol murf :P I dont think he got much attention for it either way.

Detmer Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 15:06:43

Why would we be embarrassed that we are losing to an alliance twice our size, full of people who want nothing more than to sit online waiting for a chance to stonewall?

PDM has almost tripled in size over the past the past three rounds so I am not really sure why you think we're poorly run... we obviously are having fun and are enjoying playing this game our way....

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 15:21:23

that is a good point Murf

Junky Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 17:18:10

well if anyone should be embaressed, It'd have to be PDM.. they had the net, the numbers, even a still recovering SOL, and are still getting beat down... they should technically have more kills then they have right now..
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Detmer Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 17:30:57

Originally posted by Junky:
well if anyone should be embaressed, It'd have to be PDM.. they had the net, the numbers, even a still recovering SOL, and are still getting beat down... they should technically have more kills then they have right now..

The numbers? We are outnumbered 2:1... and fighting a war of only trying to do better than if we had been FSed...

Also, we should not *technically* have more kills than we do now... we simply should have more kills than we do now...

Junky Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 18:06:55

thier is a technicality somewhere in there... the wind was blowing against yas, the grass a tad bit too high.. sunglare.

Emp1r3 Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 21:17:20

To much complaining...I loved the war, I played this game about 3 years ago and randomly (after getting an email from Llaar) decided why the fluff not and came back to play again. I have no idea what I am doing, but this war taught me a whole hell of a lot. I learned different things for prep, for hitting, and for warring. I mean honestly...just because you don't do well in a war doesn't mean you gotta be ashamed...It means there is room for improvement. This is a game for fluffs sakes. Now if this was a war in real life, than you can spout off that we out to be ashamed, but you didn't fight...so that would mean you ought to be more ashamed than you think we ought to be...

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 21:51:31

this thread reminds me why I don't read AT often.

Junky Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 23:45:43

not enough trash talking for ya NOW?

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 14th 2010, 0:01:57

lol this thread finally got my access removed from EVO...I'm actually kinda sad by that. QZ has some great tools on that website

locket Game profile

Nov 14th 2010, 2:14:29

well there is one less tool on their website now

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 14th 2010, 2:15:50

LOL!

Detmer Game profile

Nov 14th 2010, 2:40:26

Originally posted by locket:
well there is one less tool on their website now

LOL! Quite clever!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2010, 5:53:02

NA and LaF should be, but lets be clear we had no expectations on PDM :p

mrford Game profile

Nov 14th 2010, 6:01:32

Your right

NA had every intention of winning our war and are early extreemly pissed that we lost.

You so smart. Learn me some things please masta!

Dude, all 3 of there wars were netting clans hitting war clans before the war clans hit them. I don't see how any of these wars differ from the other, and how any of the clans should be more ashamed than the other. Your bias is disgusting.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Nov 14th 2010, 7:10:19

Originally posted by mrford:
And apparently llaar became extremely ill that same weekend.

So llaar being sick made him unable to run all his multies in NA?

LOL
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Thunder Game profile

Nov 14th 2010, 7:52:35

LI you of all people should be the last person to talk about running multies.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 14th 2010, 8:03:53

Originally posted by Thunder:
LI you of all people should be the last person to talk about running multies.

ZING THUNDER RIGHT ON Q

You still sweatin the small stuff of 6 years ago hahaha.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

Thunder Game profile

Nov 14th 2010, 8:10:30

Truth hurts...doesn't it?
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 14th 2010, 8:13:19

you never read my wiki have you? :P

Truth is? I, as like many, inside ICN or not, whome you may or may not know :P, ran multies in e2025.

yep im hurting now =P

not like its new or anything.

but it burns you up for some reason. some deep, deep reason.

hahaha
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

Thunder Game profile

Nov 14th 2010, 8:16:37

Nah, I just like to hit you where it hurts....by the way...where did all the crying and sobbing you did with DC get you ?? I LOL'd when she told me about it. ;) you remember, when you were crying and begging to get back into ICN and still got told NO
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

locket Game profile

Nov 14th 2010, 8:18:22

Many of us didn't run multies too LI. Your comments are a waste of this forums time.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 14th 2010, 8:19:29

umm unlike you i dont have an emotional connection to this game :P

and DC was not in charge back then, so i dunno wtf you are talking about

LOL.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet