Verified:

simpk Game profile

Jun 16th 2024, 8:15:56

I can deal with retals and landgrabs, but unprovoked AB attacks are???

Attack Time Attacker Defender Losses
PS Jun 14, 15:33 Coke Zero (#7) llaar says join M4D in alliance (#21) 286 A
PS Jun 14, 15:33 Coke Zero (#7) llaar says join M4D in alliance (#21) 255 A
PS Jun 14, 15:36 Coke Zero (#7) llaar says join M4D in alliance (#21) 232 A
PS Jun 14, 15:36 Coke Zero (#7) llaar says join M4D in alliance (#21) 184 A
PS Jun 15, 03:18 llaar says join M4D in alliance (#21) Coke Zero (#7) 467 A
PS Jun 15, 11:16 Blackhole (#14) Coke Zero (#7) 809 A
PS Jun 15, 14:17 Coke Zero (#7) Blackhole (#14) 442 A
AB Jun 16, 05:34 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Coke Zero (#7) 142 B
AB Jun 16, 05:34 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Coke Zero (#7) 140 B
AB Jun 16, 05:34 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Coke Zero (#7) 137 B
AB Jun 16, 05:34 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Coke Zero (#7) 134 B
NM Jun 16, 05:35 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Coke Zero (#7) 398 A
AB Jun 16, 05:35 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Coke Zero (#7) 126 B
AB Jun 16, 05:35 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Coke Zero (#7) 66 B
AB Jun 16, 05:35 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Coke Zero (#7) 121 B
AB Jun 16, 05:35 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Coke Zero (#7) 39 B
AB Jun 16, 05:37 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Coke Zero (#7) 105 B
AB Jun 16, 05:37 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Coke Zero (#7) 103 B
AB Jun 16, 05:37 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Coke Zero (#7) 15 B
AB Jun 16, 05:37 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Coke Zero (#7) 12 B

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 16th 2024, 14:31:42

https://m.earthempires.com/...game-a-52878?t=1718467322

Fireworks, pew pew and explosions for everyone they said!

simpk Game profile

Jun 16th 2024, 15:56:21

Is there a way to report #6 and #14 as potential cheaters?
They are basically online at the same time.

Edited By: Slagpit on Jun 16th 2024, 16:33:51. Reason: you can't post private ingame information that allows others to

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 16th 2024, 16:34:08

You should use the "Report cheaters" link on the main country page to report suspected cheating.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2024, 16:35:30

Lots of people play at that time, and you did quad tap #14 as a retal, and it looks like he was just spying you for his own retal. There can be gray areas across multiple players, but I think you escalated 14 and well, 6, looks like they just want to start trouble. They might even have started enough wars to get killed without any coordination of their enemies, though it's mostly been AB.

BlackHole Game profile

Jun 17th 2024, 9:39:05

simpk - I'm number 14. You landgrabbed me a bunch of times. I dunno what you did to #6, but obviously you pissed him off. If you don't want to get attacked, don't LG people. I haven't even retaliated to you yet, for what you did. So you should save your whining for later.

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 17th 2024, 14:06:27

That was me and I don’t cheat and have never cheated in 20 years of playing.

I think any players that’s ever played with me can vouch for that.

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 17th 2024, 14:15:13

If the mods can clarify what rules I am breaking I would appreciate it. Gallery told me I’m at risk of being deleted and I question that call being biased.

When I complained about SF griefing me on express I was told it was part of the game.

Now mods are messaging me saying they will delete me and other players? Lmfao

I wasn’t aware I broke a rule and others being deleted would just be absurd

Figured I would ask here since slags in this thread

Primeval basically told me to **** off When I said I didn’t think this behavior should be allowed

He said deal with it. So now I am having trouble understanding what’s the issue now?

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 17th 2024, 14:16:05

I guess my point is I was told by mods this is allowed and now I am being told I will be deleted for it.

This doesn’t seem fair at all

BlackHole Game profile

Jun 17th 2024, 15:20:26

Cat - I don't know what you would be deleted for?

You're allowed to attack others. You didn't coordinate with anyone? Did he LG you first? If so, you're completely within your right to attack him back, including AB's.

He messed up by LGing a bunch of people. I am also completely within my right to retaliate against him whenever I feel like it.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 17th 2024, 17:14:06

Cath - I think building a war country and randomly ABing people out of the blue seems toxic (which is relevant to your comments that you think the in game politics of 1a is running players away - I'd say your continued griefing is more likely to make players want to quit), but I'm not sure what the rule (or spirit of the rule at least) is given there are no longer military sanctions (but mostly because it was challenging to enforce, not because that type of behavior is now encouraged).

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 17th 2024, 17:36:06

I think the original intention behind no "express style" GDI in tournament was that players who want to remain in game A need to keep a good reputation due to the unchanging country names. If they acquire a bad reputation then other players will punish them. There isn't any rule against acting like a jerk in tournament and there isn't any rule against other players punishing them for it.

I don't know what is considered to be normal on tournament, but I can see why other players would be weary about a country doing quad taps. Maybe #6 started doing ABs because he didn't want to be quad tapped himself. Maybe #6 thinks he can win a war with #7 and come out ahead. Maybe #6 is a Pepsi fan. It doesn't really matter as long as players aren't coordinating with each other to gain a significant advantage or to bully and harass other players.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 17th 2024, 17:55:24

The issue was an ingame report because the player thought there could be coordination since he had done no actions against #6 and received harmful ops and ABs during times where he was exchanging hits with another country. Had the two players being reported been unknown to a moderator doing the review, at face value it would look like possible coordination. Given it seems unlikely to anyone that reads the boards that Cath and BH were coordinating together, a further look showed that #6 was doing this to other players. Had it been two players that the moderator did not recognize, there could have been a deletion and we would be discussing this through the appeal process. Hitting players with harmful ops and ABs for generally no reason kind-of makes you a fluff, but its not against the rules. The point is joining in on another player's hostilities against a country that has no interaction with you previously places you on shaky ground if a player submits a report thinking there could be coordination.

Personally, I fully support a player attacking another just over general beef. Using harmful ops and ABs against an unknown player for no reason with seemingly no tactical advantage being gained, especially on a game server that tends to attract new players over the others is pretty uncool.

Edited By: Primeval on Jun 17th 2024, 18:00:27

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 17th 2024, 18:14:06

Originally posted by Slagpit:
I think the original intention behind no "express style" GDI in tournament was that players who want to remain in game A need to keep a good reputation due to the unchanging country names. If they acquire a bad reputation then other players will punish them. There isn't any rule against acting like a jerk in tournament and there isn't any rule against other players punishing them for it.

I don't know what is considered to be normal on tournament, but I can see why other players would be weary about a country doing quad taps. Maybe #6 started doing ABs because he didn't want to be quad tapped himself. Maybe #6 thinks he can win a war with #7 and come out ahead. Maybe #6 is a Pepsi fan. It doesn't really matter as long as players aren't coordinating with each other to gain a significant advantage or to bully and harass other players.

No I’m number 6, no one did anything. I was just in a warpath. Honestly I thought the techer was tert lol

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 17th 2024, 18:17:41

Originally posted by Primeval:
The issue was an ingame report because the player thought there could be coordination since he had done no actions against #6 and received harmful ops and ABs during times where he was exchanging hits with another country. Had the two players being reported been unknown to a moderator doing the review, at face value it would look like possible coordination. Given it seems unlikely to anyone that reads the boards that Cath and BH were coordinating together, a further look showed that #6 was doing this to other players. Had it been two players that the moderator did not recognize, there could have been a deletion and we would be discussing this through the appeal process. Hitting players with harmful ops and ABs for generally no reason kind-of makes you a fluff, but its not against the rules. The point is joining in on another player's hostilities against a country that has no interaction with you previously places you on shaky ground if a player submits a report thinking there could be coordination.

Personally, I fully support a player attacking another just over general beef. Using harmful ops and ABs against an unknown player for no reason with seemingly no tactical advantage being gained, especially on a game server that tends to attract new players over the others is pretty uncool.

“ Personally, I fully support a player attacking another just over general beef. Using harmful ops and ABs against an unknown player for no reason with seemingly no tactical advantage being gained, especially on a game server that tends to attract new players over the others is pretty uncool.”

Aren’t you the mod that essentially told me to fluff off when I said this exact same thing over on express? That’s part of why I was doing it. If it’s good for the goose it’s good for the gander I always say.

I figured if it’s ok to attack netters for no reason I would get in on the action. That’s why I didn’t understand the private message about deleting me that gal sent?

I’m not sure what rule I broke still or are you guys saying I am good but just a jerk? I will agree to that. For sure.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 17th 2024, 18:18:09

I'm not sure what that means exactly, but if you're trying to target another player due to something that happened on a different server then that heavily tips the scales in favor of deletion. Something to keep in mind going forward.

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 17th 2024, 18:20:14

Oh well I should be deleted then. I wasn’t aware of that rule.

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 17th 2024, 18:22:57

I was attacking them because I saw good netters and figured it was evo

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 17th 2024, 18:58:29

SMH
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Jun 17th 2024, 23:02:53

Mods should not delete first then investigate later. They should investigate first then delete if they have a confirmed rules violation. No one should be deleted with an intention to discuss it later via a appeal process.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 17th 2024, 23:19:08

Originally posted by Turtle Crawler:
Mods should not delete first then investigate later. They should investigate first then delete if they have a confirmed rules violation. No one should be deleted with an intention to discuss it later via a appeal process.

But....it's the way....that's how Woke works in RL...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

BlackHole Game profile

Jun 17th 2024, 23:48:08

And what happens when they find that their was egregious cheating, and that person has never admitted their wrongdoing or taken responsibility for their actions?

When someone is being sentenced to prison, part of the sentence determination is based on whether or not they take responsibility and show remorse.

Basically what I'm getting at, TC, is if you've ever done that for the egregious cheating you engaged in?

Oh, and welcome back to the forums. I've been waiting for you. Remember when you told me that I had psychiatric disorders and was detached from reality because I posted a gif?

I'd still like an explanation for that. Or an admission that you were way out of bounds for saying that, and you don't know what you're talking about.

Jun 17th 2024, 23:53:25

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Screw woke.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 17th 2024, 23:57:41

Screw woke.

Yup 👍
(•_•)

Capt Obvious

Jun 17th 2024, 23:59:37

And nobody was deleted here. Congrats on contributing nothing to this discussion.

BlackHole Game profile

Jun 18th 2024, 10:02:50

Originally posted by Capt Obvious:

And nobody was deleted here. Congrats on contributing nothing to this discussion.

Oh, TC was talking out his turtle arse again?

WOW! This is my surprised face.

simpk Game profile

Jun 19th 2024, 15:05:33

My original complaint was that both #14 and #6 used the same *exact* multiple harmful spy ops against me, just two minutes apart.

There was very clear time log on these — which I sent to the mods for review. Chances of that happening at random is slim — So I called them out for potential coordination.

For context, I LG-ed #14 several times ([mod edit]) but did nothing absolutely nothing against #6.

Then #6 (Cathankins) sent me this strange message in Taliban speak:

Message from Scythe of Cronus (#6) sent on Jun 16, 7:04
Report this message
You have suspicious persons I am think
you make terrorist country

This whole episode is weird AF.

Edited By: Primeval on Jun 20th 2024, 5:36:21. Reason: Removed ingame op info

simpk Game profile

Jun 19th 2024, 15:15:12

Whatever it is, that was not cool of #6 to run a suicide country in game A.

Players work hard to get up there, and take calculated risks when choosing LG targets. There’s no need to mess up people’s sets for giggles.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 19th 2024, 15:29:40

This did not happen.

Originally posted by Slagpit:
I'm not sure what that means exactly, but if you're trying to target another player due to something that happened on a different server then that heavily tips the scales in favor of deletion. Something to keep in mind going forward.

Slagpit is correct.

I sent a warning to Cat because: knowing that you and BH are not friends, and BH and the other guy were already engaged in a war, it looked like you (Cat) were purposely trying to get BH deleted.
Cat..... this is a solo server, and what you were doing looked very sus. Specially all the harmful ops. We mods can see everything you do in game.
Simpk and BH were already PSing back and forth a tad bit, so you adding in those harmful ops..... looked like coordination to simpk.

Simpk: I meant to reach out to you last night and explain I was looking at this more in-depth. Sadly, I fell asleep.
Your report was not being ignored.

TL;DR
P.S.S..... what was failed to be mentioned above that no one else could see in the news, was Cath's country doing a bunch of harmful ops while BH and simpk were exchanging PS's

Edited By: galleri on Jun 19th 2024, 15:38:00

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

simpk Game profile

Jun 19th 2024, 15:35:39

Thanks Galleri — appreciate the good work of the mods.

I was exploring a more aggressive playing style this round — hasn’t exactly worked very well for me. Haha.

Will move on!

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 19th 2024, 16:15:20

Here I was about to hit #6 based solely on the fact that I do not like this player but looks like humanitarians won’t let me hit the $1.4m country sitting on 2.5k land. It’s so bad that I couldn’t even farm it if humanitarians weren’t blocking me as I’d only get 30a per SS….

BlackHole Game profile

Jun 19th 2024, 17:55:17

Simp -

Here's a thought from my perspective on your strategy. Your LG's weren't the end of the world, although you did quite a few. When I retaliated, but with less, you retal'd my retaliation. So I kept going, and it was a little back and forth. Given that I saw you were going to keep retal'ing, I decided to escalate the issue into GS's. The reason I did that is you're a techer, and if you wanted to continue the tit for tat with me, you're throwing away any income generation opportunity, while I can still generate income as a farmer.

You did have me outgunned on tanks, and that was likely going to be a problem for me if it got to that. But I figured if we went that route it was a MAD situation anyway.

IF you had LG'd one or two times, and you hadn't retal'd my retals, I would have let it go. But the extras are what forced me to escalate. I gotta defend my reputation, otherwise people won't respect the name!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2024, 19:02:35

Post Summary:

OP farms people, people retal, OP cries foul, mods press delete, investigate then undelete, OP may or may not learn from his/hers/it's mistakes.

👍
(•_•)

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 19th 2024, 19:25:08

I don't believe that anyone was deleted here.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 20th 2024, 4:53:30

Nerds. For the last time, no one was deleted.
For the first time ever, I sent out a warning. :P

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 20th 2024, 4:57:42

Originally posted by galleri:

Warning cuz you didn't want to deal with the fall out of deleting crazy town lol

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 20th 2024, 5:06:48

Originally posted by SuperFly:
Originally posted by galleri:

Warning cuz you didn't want to deal with the fall out of deleting crazy town lol

You know that doesn't scare me.

Slagpit and Prime convinced me to be nice for once ;)

simpk Game profile

Jun 20th 2024, 5:54:06

Post Summary:

OP farms people, people retal, OP cries foul, mods press delete, investigate then undelete, OP may or may not learn from his/hers/it's mistakes.

👍

Not accurate.

I was in a middle of a retal war with #14 over my earlier landgrabs —

when a third party suicidal country (#6) spy-bombed 5000 buildings over 3 days (no prior interaction with #6). Hit me hard as I was a techer.

Those 3 days coincided with the heaviest war period with #14.

That gave #14 a huge advantage over my ongoing war with him.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2024, 6:05:17

Post Summary:

👍

Post Summary REVISED

OP farms people, people retal, OP cries foul, mods send delete warning, OP has not learned from his/hers/it's mistakes.

(•_•)

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 20th 2024, 12:03:39

Here I was about to hit #6 based solely on the fact that I do not like this player but looks like humanitarians won’t let me hit the $1.4m country sitting on 2.5k land. It’s so bad that I couldn’t even farm it if humanitarians weren’t blocking me as I’d only get 30a per SS….

I wonder if it ever gets old getting outsmarted time and time again?

Enjoy your spy ops

GS Jun 20, 12:00 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3766 C
52 F
GS Jun 20, 12:00 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3649 C
52 F
GS Jun 20, 12:00 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3535 C
52 F
GS Jun 20, 12:00 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3425 C
52 F
GS Jun 20, 12:00 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3318 C
52 F
GS Jun 20, 12:01 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3202 C
52 F
GS Jun 20, 12:01 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3103 C
52 F
NM Jun 20, 12:01 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 228 A
GS Jun 20, 12:01 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3007 C
52 F
GS Jun 20, 12:01 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 2914 C
52 F

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 20th 2024, 12:04:55

Originally posted by simpk:
Post Summary:

👍

Not accurate.

I was in a middle of a retal war with #14 over my earlier landgrabs —

when a third party suicidal country (#6) spy-bombed 5000 buildings over 3 days (no prior interaction with #6). Hit me hard as I was a techer.

Those 3 days coincided with the heaviest war period with #14.

That gave #14 a huge advantage over my ongoing war with him.

I never saw any war the news when I made my hits

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 20th 2024, 14:28:24

Originally posted by Cathankins:

I wonder if it ever gets old getting outsmarted time and time again?

Enjoy your spy ops

GS Jun 20, 12:00 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3766 C
52 F
GS Jun 20, 12:00 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3649 C
52 F
GS Jun 20, 12:00 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3535 C
52 F
GS Jun 20, 12:00 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3425 C
52 F
GS Jun 20, 12:00 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3318 C
52 F
GS Jun 20, 12:01 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3202 C
52 F
GS Jun 20, 12:01 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3103 C
52 F
NM Jun 20, 12:01 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 228 A
GS Jun 20, 12:01 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 3007 C
52 F
GS Jun 20, 12:01 Scythe of Cronus (#6) Tyri (#17) 2914 C
52 F

I am not even in game a nooblet. Doesn’t it get old that you always fall prey to my chirps?

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 20th 2024, 15:36:47

No I think you being a constant liar with no shame is a good thing to be on show actually. I can’t imagine being like that. Where I’m from the people would never do such a thing. We are raised to look down upon people who lie. I find it interesting that you seem to do it with zero shame. Very interesting. It’s almost like you have no shame.

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 20th 2024, 15:38:12

That same behavior is what got all the trouble started on alliance. I’m glad you finally admit that this is a thing you keep doing. When I pointed that out you kept lying about that as well. I’m glad you finally admitted to this behavior.

Jun 20th 2024, 19:21:18

Had it been two players that the moderator did not recognize, there could have been a deletion and we would be discussing this through the appeal process.

Galleri don't gaslight.

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 20th 2024, 19:27:49

Originally posted by Cathankins:
No I think you being a constant liar with no shame is a good thing to be on show actually. I can’t imagine being like that. Where I’m from the people would never do such a thing. We are raised to look down upon people who lie. I find it interesting that you seem to do it with zero shame. Very interesting. It’s almost like you have no shame.

Yes I have no shame that I tricked you yet again. Not as bad as you having no shame for costing a child their life… and continuing to online bully and harass random grown men on these boards…

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 20th 2024, 21:02:49

Had it been two players that the moderator did not recognize, there could have been a deletion and we would be discussing this through the appeal process.

Galleri don't gaslight.

Mods should not delete first then investigate later. They should investigate first then delete if they have a confirmed rules violation.

Since that is what happened here, I assumed you were commenting in support rather than objecting to something. Perhaps she thought your comment was phrased as if it was a complaint.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2024, 21:12:11

I tend to agree with TC on this.
I financially support this game; what do you do?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2024, 21:25:05

Not the gaslight comment, but the _do not delete first then investigate later_
I financially support this game; what do you do?

Jun 20th 2024, 23:29:45

Galleri don't gaslight.

Mods should not delete first then investigate later. They should investigate first then delete if they have a confirmed rules violation.

Since that is what happened here, I assumed you were commenting in support rather than objecting to something. Perhaps she thought your comment was phrased as if it was a complaint.

The comment is (rather clearly) pointed to the fact that the mod process as you described it allows deletion first, investigation later. This is improper and should not happen.

The only scenario where a country should ever be undeleted is if the deletion was an error. If a) a mod made a mistake in reading the data or b) the mod incorrectly applied policy and acted improperly.

There should not be any case where additional information would merit an undelete because the already existing information was already sufficient and reliable and only an internal review is necessary to overturn that.

If someone didn't safelist then by all means apply some grace, but don't go the other way to delete people first and ask questions later, as has been the visible practice recently.