Verified:

theannonymousone Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 0:42:44

The ironic thing is I was retaled today by a hit I made 15 days ago. I'm still deciding what to do about that.

But like I told CROATIA, a 72 hour window or even the 'right' to retal are both creations by dreams of men in alliance server. There technically is no 'retal window' nor does the person who gets hit have the 'right' to retal for free. What it boils down to is how each person chooses to deal with someone attacking them with a SS or PS.

I could go ape crazy over a single SS/PS if I wanted, it's my choice. If someone 'retals' you, you could farm them to oblivion if you wanted. All are within the bounds of the game - you just need to take responsibility for the consequences of your action though.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2012, 0:45:08

Originally posted by OneMansArmy:
Not saying I like it, or recommend a month late retals either. Unfortunately I was hit with 2 different month old retals 2 sets ago. I decided to make a war out of it since I had no hopes at a top 30's finish anyway and a stockpile of missiles. For my own retal policy, I generally use about a week for a retal window.

I was just saying, if you are relying on GDI protection and plan to stay inside of that protection, the window is technically the whole set. And its totally up to each individual how they want to respond.
Yeah, I don't think we disagree at all.

Originally posted by AndrewMose:
Reasonable or ethical? what would your response be if someone retalled you after a month?
After a lot of time has passed and everyone is 10,000 or more land bigger and stuff, trying to claim a new hit is a retaliation just seems nonsensical to me, that's why I used the word reasonable. Anyone who's honest should probably be able to admit that a hit a long time later is more like a grab than a retal, and the biggest connection between the two hits isn't retaliation but GDI rules. I hesitate to use the word ethics if we're not talking about cheating, but how about 'douchebag move'? Kind of like lobbing several missiles for a single tap. How I react depends on the scenario, it's happened to me a lot in Express and sometimes I war and sometimes I decide not to. Chewi wars over it, OneMan says he has before, but other times I'm sure people get away with it.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2012, 0:45:51

Originally posted by theannonymousone:
The ironic thing is I was retaled today by a hit I made 15 days ago. I'm still deciding what to do about that.

But like I told CROATIA, a 72 hour window or even the 'right' to retal are both creations by dreams of men in alliance server. There technically is no 'retal window' nor does the person who gets hit have the 'right' to retal for free. What it boils down to is how each person chooses to deal with someone attacking them with a SS or PS.

I could go ape crazy over a single SS/PS if I wanted, it's my choice. If someone 'retals' you, you could farm them to oblivion if you wanted. All are within the bounds of the game - you just need to take responsibility for the consequences of your action though.
Lots of sensible posts going on in this thread :)
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

BobbyATA Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 0:49:09

interesting discussion. I still play by 72 hour retal window. I found it interesting #103 didn't stick to this window earlier this set. If I was RVP I would have retalled what I would have considered a landgrab.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2012, 0:54:05

#103 only took 75 hours, same thing :) I thought that was an interesting move, letting Robin Van Persie stew in his juices and wonder when the hit was gonna come. If Robin moves on and starts grabbing, SV Sounds can get a bit more land back. If he doesn't move on, he's wasting time. My second set on Primary I hit bakku and tried to outrun the retal, he got me almost 6 days later. I didn't think that was unfair though, I guess I'm a bit more lenient than the 72-hour crowd, but I still think there's a limit to what's reasonable.

theannonymousone Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 0:54:37

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
If I was RVP I would have retalled what I would have considered a landgrab.

Which is fine, that's completely up to you. But if #103 then decided to AB, missile, or farm you, you can't complain about it. He's not breaking any game rules - you interpret it one way, the other guy interprets it his way, it's just a matter of each person's opinion and what they want to do about it.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2012, 0:56:49

Also keep in mind RVP's hit was an obnoxious topfeed. Does he really have reason to get uppity over someone taking 75 instead of 72 hours? He's lucky he only got hit back once - SV Sounds was still down 880 acres afterwards!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2012, 1:36:00

Gogy just got pwned for 4K acres, YIKES!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

LATC Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 1:40:44

Is blid gogy? If so then.. yes my bad =X
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

blid

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2012, 1:46:34

Nah not me, Gogy is CROATIA

LATC Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 1:48:51

ahh ok. is gogy his name? And wasn't that over 24 hours ago? Can't blame me for being confused =P

BobbyATA Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 1:49:20

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
If I was RVP I would have retalled what I would have considered a landgrab.

Which is fine, that's completely up to you. But if #103 then decided to AB, missile, or farm you, you can't complain about it. He's not breaking any game rules - you interpret it one way, the other guy interprets it his way, it's just a matter of each person's opinion and what they want to do about it.

yup agreed.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 1:49:47

If I got attacked, I would try to retal quickly, otherwise it would give the impression that your country would not retal, and other people might be tempted to grab too.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 1:50:21

Originally posted by LATC:
ahh ok. is gogy his name? And wasn't that over 24 hours ago? Can't blame me for being confused =P

gogy is the forum name of the country that is called "C R O A T I A" every reset.

LATC Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 1:52:53

gogy is the forum name of the country that is called "C R O A T I A" every reset.

Gotcha. Thanks.

As in the case of #154, although I think he proved his point shortly after.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 2:15:21

Just some food for thought about just HOW open your options are to retal, even if GDI is in play. Last night I made a land grab against a country 3x smaller than me. I logged in this morning to find out the lil thief stole 25k tech points from me through espionage attacks. I don't really plan to do anything about it, since this is only 3 turns to get back, but I am sure it made him feel better about getting grabbed.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 2:30:08

You make $17.6m a turn OneMansArmy? (25k x $2000 x 1.06)/3

So you have a 40k acre country? lol

Alternatively, you are a techer at ~8k TPT (24-25k land).

LATC Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 2:35:21

lol OneMansArmy, you hit both guys who are warring each other? The saying goes, 'My enemies enemy is my friend'.. hopefully they don't team up against you

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 2:37:39

You make $17.6m a turn OneMansArmy? (25k x $2000 x 1.06)/3

So you have a 40k acre country? lol

Alternatively, you are a techer at ~8k TPT (24-25k land).

Second option would be correct, i am a Demo Techer. Almost at 30k land, but I haven't been good about keeping it all built as research labs. Plan to tear down and rebuild the extras as labs in the next day or two.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 2:39:17

Originally posted by LATC:
lol OneMansArmy, you hit both guys who are warring each other? The saying goes, 'My enemies enemy is my friend'.. hopefully they don't team up against you

I figure they would both be too preoccupied with each other to notice me.. =p

Magellaan Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 6:10:18

It seems our friend 'the tank' is angry

"wow my frined...that is twice more of 72 hour retal period...you can't have whole set to retal! this is considered like regular grab and i will retal it! agree? i think it is fair!"

Wow, he retalled your retal.. twice lol.
This should be interesting.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2012, 6:17:10

I don't really get what he's doing. He hits people that obviously will at least have a chance to retal, and then gets mad when they retal. Maybe he should message everyone he attacks and tell them he has a 72-hour time limit because how are they supposed to know that? he just made it up. Maybe another reason he double ROR'd though is because he carries tanks, has SDI, etc.

herbs12 Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 15:50:45

Croatia plays with his own set of rules and its rough to get involved with him. I'm interested to see your response to his actions and his response to your retal.

herbs12 Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 15:54:20

Both hits were ss hits, I wonder if Gogy is massively tanked up already and hitting with those.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 5th 2012, 15:58:31

You can bet he is. I don't call him "the tank" for nothing.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2012, 20:00:55

Originally posted by crest23:
You can bet he is. I don't call him "the tank" for nothing.

He may be, but his hatch is open now :/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

kmang Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 9:45:53

What'd you do knowing that a country'd retal after 20 hours?! :P

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2012, 17:42:23

Im learning this netting thing, one thing i picked up on rather quickly is the way the top players perform their grabs, and its solid way to grow and keep retals at a minimum.
(•_•)

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 5:39:41

2012-12-07 05:32:35 PS Muffin Man (#82) EEVIL WAR MACHINE (#88) 4315A (6351A)
2012-12-06 09:10:12 PS Muffin Man (#82) Ciently (#359) 3218A (4718A)
2012-12-06 08:51:36 PS EEVIL WAR MACHINE (#88) Muffin Man (#82) 464A (987A)
2012-12-05 14:29:36 PS in the spring (#21) Muffin Man (#82) 538A (1113A)
2012-12-05 12:42:52 PS Ciently (#359) Muffin Man (#82) 584A (1158A)

Wow... who is the Mysterious Muffin Man! Jumping massively in NW for the retals!

crest23 Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 5:42:44

Dumb move on Serps part. He usually doesn't do those. #21 just puckered up cos he knows whats a'coming.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 5:43:19

Seems like a successful bait - losing 1.5k land but going to gain 15k back. Maybe Serp hit because he didn't retal the first 2 hits then.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 7th 2012, 5:44:27

Im glad i didn't grab him LOL
(•_•)

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 7:12:55

Oh well. No just running out of time these days and targets. Can't be perfect all the time. I was online just before he hit, then had to check on my son. Lol.
The EEVIL Empire

kmang Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 8:59:08

I blame Ciently for all the mess! :P

herbs12 Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 15:33:55

Ouch serp

blid

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2012, 1:00:45

that retal puts the Reps ahead of the game for sure now I think.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2012, 1:25:29

Originally posted by oldman:
tech prices are still holding up this set. It'll be interesting to see if casher takes it 5 sets in a row.
told ya tech would crash. and that food would go up. this isn't the worst tech set by any means but it's gonna go down as yet another bad one i'd say.

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 2:09:57

Staying ahead in land I think I still stood a chance, but that Retal definitely lost it for me. Those Reps are in a good position now, unless someone hits them big too.
The EEVIL Empire

oldman Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 2:28:06

heh, it's another casher set. Which means there'll be even more cashers next set. There'll come a point when there're too many cashers and that set will be great for techer haha.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2012, 2:33:50

Thing is, the game can support a lot of cashers (and commies). So there'll always be a few people looking for a good tech set, looking for a good food set, just wanting to try a different strat, whatever, and that'll keep casher afloat and those two strats in the weeds.

I mean let's say the game can only support 10% techers and 10% farmers. Someone picking a strat at random though, out of cash/indy/farmer/techer is 25% likely to pick techer, 25% likely to pick farmer, etc... Or, even if everyone recognizes the good strats and plays them more often, if 10% is the right figure they'd have to only try out techer or farmer once every 10 sets to keep the levels right. Not gonna happen.

This seems to be kind of primary specific, though. I know in Tourney it seems a bit more balanced for techer especially. And in Express commie is supreme instead of cash. No idea about the fluffty servers.

The Cloaked Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 6:33:09

Yes. The cashers will take this one. I don't think any commies will be particularly close. Though you can't blame it all on strat. For a military market as thin as this one it boggles my mind that military prices are so persistently low.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 7:09:40

Probably because there are

A) More big commies than big cashers.

B) Less grabbing now that techers have mostly stopped grabbing.

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 8:15:06

Always more big indies, but only a few good big cashers. Xin's one of the big cashers this round. Word is he's the one to beat this round.
The EEVIL Empire

AndrewMose Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 11:32:41

If cashers grow as big as they did last set. Tech shouldnt fall much further until end of set.

VivaNick Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 11:36:52

Originally posted by AndrewMose:
If cashers grow as big as they did last set. Tech shouldnt fall much further until end of set.

Too much big Theo & Demo tech also, all of them doing 8-12k TPT (24k-36k land)

There too much techs to support market due to they stocking piles.
Farmers making biggest income during this phrase.

AndrewMose Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 12:39:24

well the tech supply is done growing and will be constant for the next weeks. Demand should still rise.

BobbyATA Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 18:33:00

ya looking good for reps, esp an apple a day. But good targets seem scarce, everyone is grabbing with some risk of retal I think. So game isn't over yet=)

blid

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2012, 18:53:12

So Close Yet So Far (#188) seems to be right there with Apple. I think there's as many big cashers as there are commies this time.

BobbyATA Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 19:30:01

Originally posted by blid:
So Close Yet So Far (#188) seems to be right there with Apple. I think there's as many big cashers as there are commies this time.

keeping up in land. But a rep casher makes more then a dict casher on the same land.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 19:30:33

One of the things that sucks about a techer is the price ranges. In a 48 hour period, prices of tech can change by hundreds of dollars. Techers try to undercut each other by more than they probably should, which might lead to lower tech prices faster. It is hard to know the right price when your gap between the minimum and maximum prices are so wide each day.