EE Patron

May 26th 2021, 12:10:14

Off topic

BlueCow

May 26th 2021, 12:27:35

Whens the last post that was on topic?
Slagpit
Mar 31st 2024, 15:13:02

If you sincerely believe that the game admins are lying to you then you should obviously quit the game.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 26th 2021, 13:04:53

They were moved by someone that did not understand the context. So they are over in General talk. I explained the relevance of the posts to Sunday and alliance server. They can be moved back or just move forward on Sundays :)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Link Game profile

May 26th 2021, 16:23:10

Oh what a shock
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

SuperFly Game profile

May 26th 2021, 16:59:12

Be in compliance or face the consequences

Please govern yourselves accordingly

Link Game profile

May 26th 2021, 17:14:06

Originally posted by SuperFly:

Or else the tyrants will swiftly end your fun lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Suicidal Game profile

May 26th 2021, 17:41:28

Originally posted by galleri:
They were moved by someone that did not understand the context. So they are over in General talk. I explained the relevance of the posts to Sunday and alliance server. They can be moved back or just move forward on Sundays :)

Sounds like the wrong person has perms

Link Game profile

May 26th 2021, 18:06:05

Originally posted by Suicidal:

Sounds like the wrong person has perms
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

mrcuban Game profile

May 26th 2021, 22:03:40

Why was my comment removed? what is actually going on around here?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 26th 2021, 22:17:07

mrcuban, I would like to remind you that the game has not had much development for about 7 years and now finally has some. We just had a new changeset that is being rolled into as the servers are restarted, and the bots are being worked on. There's also quality of life changes such as bugs being fixed and flawed mechanisms being improved etc. :)
So while I agree with you that the game had been neglected for quite some time it's a little bit strange to start to complain about it now, when there is actually some stuff going on. :)

That said when it comes to threads being moved I don't understand why it should bother anyone so much.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 26th 2021, 22:21:53

I think that the problem generally stems from consistency. Being inconsistent on how you govern certain things always leads to issues like that.

Edited By: Requiem on May 26th 2021, 22:24:03

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 26th 2021, 22:31:25

Originally posted by Requiem:
I think that the problem generally stems from consistency. Being inconsistent on how you govern certain things always leads to issues like that.

Consistency is not the goal. It will likely never be the goal. I'll use a game-related analogy to make it easy to understand. Suppose there are ten countries breaking the rules on the alliance server.

Scenario A: We delete none of the cheating countries. This is 100% consistent.

Scenario B: We delete 8 out of ten of the cheating countries. This is not consistent. The cheaters complain that other people got away with cheating so they should have been allowed to cheat too.

Which is the preferred outcome?

Suicidal Game profile

May 26th 2021, 22:35:56

Originally posted by Gerdler:
mrcuban, I would like to remind you that the game has not had much development for about 7 years and now finally has some. We just had a new changeset that is being rolled into as the servers are restarted, and the bots are being worked on. There's also quality of life changes such as bugs being fixed and flawed mechanisms being improved etc. :)
So while I agree with you that the game had been neglected for quite some time it's a little bit strange to start to complain about it now, when there is actually some stuff going on. :)

That said when it comes to threads being moved I don't understand why it should bother anyone so much.

Cancel culture

Suicidal Game profile

May 26th 2021, 22:38:36

Originally posted by Slagpit:

Consistency is not the goal. It will likely never be the goal. I'll use a game-related analogy to make it easy to understand. Suppose there are ten countries breaking the rules on the alliance server.

Scenario B: We delete 8 out of ten of the cheating countries. This is not consistent. The cheaters complain that other people got away with cheating so they should have been allowed to cheat too.

This thread had nothing to do with Game Changes....it is the ignorance of having clean post removed from AT. There was no need what so ever to remove or relocate my "Sunday" post

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 26th 2021, 22:43:22

Originally posted by Suicidal:

This thread had nothing to do with Game Changes....it is the ignorance of having clean post removed from AT. There was no need what so ever to remove or relocate my "Sunday" post

You asked for an explanation and you were given one. In fact, a forum moderator even offered to move the threads back for you. Instead of asking her to do so you're going to keep complaining instead? What exactly is the problem here?

Suicidal Game profile

May 26th 2021, 22:49:02

No one let me know it was going to be removed. It should have just been restored when I made notice of it, instead of taking the whole thread to game changes. Didn't think I would have to ask for it to be restored.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 26th 2021, 22:51:46

Your example is out of context you know what I meant by that!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 26th 2021, 23:23:39

I am not sure the riled up mess here going on in here gang? But it was mis understanding of a mod that doesn't know alliance politics. An easy mistake and easy to fix if wanted. Again the posts are easily found on this same game forum...just a different sub forum. Still readable and still able to be commented on.
And I am happy to take the time to move them over for Sui. :)
Sui....I am not making sammiches though if you ask.
Guys ...sing cumbaya, make love, all that.
MrC... mods are mods that have you have known forever. Everyone is human.

Edited By: galleri on May 26th 2021, 23:26:12
See Original Post

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 26th 2021, 23:50:57

if you dont like the mods quit playing the game. you are enabling them by continuing to play.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 27th 2021, 0:09:09

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
if you dont like the mods quit playing the game. you are enabling them by continuing to play.

That's loser talk! Don't listen to this man.

Suicidal Game profile

May 27th 2021, 1:43:40

I am not sure the riled up mess here going on in here gang? But it was mis understanding of a mod that doesn't know alliance politics. An easy mistake and easy to fix if wanted. Again the posts are easily found on this same game forum...just a different sub forum. Still readable and still able to be commented on.
And I am happy to take the time to move them over for Sui. :)
Sui....I am not making sammiches though if you ask.
Guys ...sing cumbaya, make love, all that.
MrC... mods are mods that have you have known forever. Everyone is human.

No sammiches, no more modeling bikinis for you

archaic Game profile

May 28th 2021, 1:33:49

it was mis understanding of a mod that doesn't know alliance politics.

How in 2021 is it that we have a mod that doesn't understand alliance politics? We haven't added anybody new to this game in a decade. AT has NEVER been about the Alliance server, its been about posting in the only forum that anybody reads. We have more idiotic pointless sub-forums than we do players. How about instead of deleting literally the only user content in the game you guys maybe delete some of the inane sub-forums.

If we only had three forums - Game Talk, General Talk, and B&S we'd probably be better off and maybe even more active. As it stands, moving a thread to General is as good as deleting it because nobody ever reads it but the mods.

Hell even the poster child for window licking crack babies - Mickster - didn't delete casual chat from AT.

Edited By: archaic on May 29th 2021, 0:09:45
See Original Post
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2021, 3:34:43

Originally posted by Link:
Originally posted by SuperFly:

Or else the tyrants will swiftly end your fun lol

https://youtu.be/z6eLKC7lt6U

I don't have time to translate but it is a gem of a scene and appropriate for this thread 😂
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Leto Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2021, 4:20:41

Yup and I know many of us pulled some heavy fluff.

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2021, 22:40:43

lol@archaic
I mean these folks cry about the game but can't even forum correctly.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

I'd rather have just the bad flu than the bad flu and migrants, so..
- braden