EE Patron

Jan 19th 2021, 1:11:19

Rot In Purgatory

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 19th 2021, 12:28:31

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:
If you couldnt sell your food you sold it too high. At those prices last set many with the ability to just build farms for their own needs which is really inefficient. I was saying all along that someone was stocking food and thats why the food prices were too high. Turns out it was the only farmer stocking food(getting it stuck=stocking).

But yeah if the price gets too high first ppl will stop taking turns and wait for better days and if it continues some will overflow, some will build farms. You want neither of that to happen as the server's only farmer.

i wasnt actually stocking food, i have been trying to sell them everyday.. i figure that since i was the only big farmer left, im actually kinda monopolising the price and so the food price is kinda justified.. i actually sold about half of what i put up in market everyday, so it wasnt exactly overpriced, just that with the huge food block at certain price set by me, it makes sense for smaller players and de-stockers to undercut me.. i have to be careful of not crashing the food price and therefore have not been uncutting the price.. at late stage, we have many big players not playing or not in running anymore, so it kinda impacted the food demand.. it makes no sense for me to supply cheap food for ppl to stock.. all about supply and demand

People quit taking turns or build farms when the food price is $80+, you put the price there, you alone lowered demand for food.

We can see the result that you misplayed not only for others but also for yourself. Being the only farmer you should at the very least managed 110-120m NW with that acreage. You got lower NW/land than Tmac and he was a casher in a set with super high food and tech prices.

When you are a techer; sell your tech. When you are a farmer; sell your food. All else is secondary.

remember that i actually ended the round with 33k land.. i got involved in a late hit which screw my running a bit, and shot up to 43k land cos of my retal on a guy, which makes my nw/acre lower.. so im actually a smaller farmer than i look.. i took longer time to reach 33k land compare to the rest of the pack, considering im making tough hits with my single hit policy.. so cut me some slack!

i dunno if it is a good strategy to sell 50% food at say 40 bucks vs 50% food at 80 bucks.. i dont think the big guys would build farms anyway just to avoid buying food.. if im able to sell 100% food at 40 bucks (which yields the same cash as selling 50% at 80 bucks and therefore making it pointless to sell at low price), that means there are ppl stocking.. but there is no need for me to sell food at low prices to allow ppl to stock food and then destock properly.. if there is a real demand for food, then no matter what prices i put (not like its over 100 bucks), ppl still have to buy (it works for me as well if ppl are going to screw their strat to build farms), unless they are gonna overflow their turns which is in favour for me anyway.. other than the smaller farmers, at one point, im also competing with kryptic on the food price when he was destocking

i think it is more likely the fact that last round is a weak round which hamper demand for food.. having 20+mil nw get u get a rank 7, which speaks a lot for food demand.. we have also a couple of top 10 veterans engaging in war, which screw up food demand as well.. the lower the total networth of the server, the smaller the food demand is

Edited By: DeLpHiNuS on Jan 19th 2021, 12:36:54

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 19th 2021, 13:08:45

Selling half at 40 and half at 80 is dumb. What you need is that no one avoids buying food either by storing turns and eventually overflowing, or ending up producing their own food. I hate some people think food demand is constant, because it isn't. Nor is the tech demand. Both are inversely affected by the price.
I wont go past like 177% res/bus if the price is high but if the price is really low I will keep buying when I'm at 179.9%.

Casher and techers can't build farms for their own needs lategame but Commie indies can, given that they don't require specialization and have the tech effect bonus to make a little agri tech that much more effective.
At $80 I employ strategies to reduce food consumption more aggressively than at $50, so I demand lots less food the higher the price goes.

If all your food sells at $80 thats obviously a good price. But if it doesn't, the demand is not high enough at that price. So you lower the price to $70 and see if that changes things. If all your $70 food sells fast, maybe you try $75 next, but if it still doesnt sell you might try $65 next, until it all sells before you have to take turns again.
If you are the only supplier of food on the market, you dont risk causing a crash. And if someone was stocking and didnt sell their stock when the prices where above $70 they are not rational actors anyway and you can't change your behavior to cater to them.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 19th 2021, 13:17:57

i think it is more likely the fact that last round is a weak round which hamper demand for food.. having 20+mil nw get u get a rank 7, which speaks a lot for food demand.. we have also a couple of top 10 veterans engaging in war, which screw up food demand as well.. the lower the total networth of the server, the smaller the food demand is

A lot of players will find a war if the reset is going badly for them, if the lack of food supply makes the round bad for a lot of people, there may be more players who just say 'screw it!' and find that war, or just quit.

At $60/bushel you make considerably more as a dict farmer than a rep casher does despite dict farmer not having a production/commissions/tech/PCI bonus like the fascist, rep and demo govts do. So $60 is a really great price for a farmer. $80 is extortionate, everyone feels that even if they don't do the math.

Tmac Game profile

Jan 19th 2021, 15:05:01

I quit using turns too. I remember seeing 80m at $80, and coming back a few hours later to see 80m more at $77. I didn't want to spend over 12m a turn for just food, and knew there was enough food to feed us. To be fair, I may have done the same thing if I saw the food at $60 and $57. People wouldn't have the F U attitude toward $60 though, lol.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 20th 2021, 12:42:43

Selling half at 40 and half at 80 is dumb. What you need is that no one avoids buying food either by storing turns and eventually overflowing, or ending up producing their own food. I hate some people think food demand is constant, because it isn't. Nor is the tech demand. Both are inversely affected by the price.
I wont go past like 177% res/bus if the price is high but if the price is really low I will keep buying when I'm at 179.9%.

Casher and techers can't build farms for their own needs lategame but Commie indies can, given that they don't require specialization and have the tech effect bonus to make a little agri tech that much more effective.
At $80 I employ strategies to reduce food consumption more aggressively than at $50, so I demand lots less food the higher the price goes.

If all your food sells at $80 thats obviously a good price. But if it doesn't, the demand is not high enough at that price. So you lower the price to $70 and see if that changes things. If all your $70 food sells fast, maybe you try $75 next, but if it still doesnt sell you might try $65 next, until it all sells before you have to take turns again.
If you are the only supplier of food on the market, you dont risk causing a crash. And if someone was stocking and didnt sell their stock when the prices where above $70 they are not rational actors anyway and you can't change your behavior to cater to them.

i think u misunderstand my point.. i did not say it is good to sell 50% at 80 bucks and remaining 50% at 40 bucks.. what i mean is i would rather sell 50% of my food at 80 bucks than selling 50% food at 40 bucks.. i actually adjusted my selling price lower everyday (it is the same when food price trends upwards, and i sell it higher everyday until the peak of about 80+).. when i found i cant sell at 80bucks anymore, i sell lower.. so im not just stuck with putting my food price at 80 bucks, cos i know im competing the food price against de-stockers as well.. but everyday i just find that im only able to sell about half of them as i lower the food price, which eventually ends up me having 100+mil food sitting around at the end of the round..

no one is saying food demand is constant.. it will increase as countries grow, and near the end of the round, countries start to stock food if prices are good which will push up food volume transacted.. im not obligated to supply food 40 bucks or less to allow ppl to stock food

Edited By: DeLpHiNuS on Jan 20th 2021, 12:45:07

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 20th 2021, 12:50:19

Originally posted by Tmac:
I quit using turns too. I remember seeing 80m at $80, and coming back a few hours later to see 80m more at $77. I didn't want to spend over 12m a turn for just food, and knew there was enough food to feed us. To be fair, I may have done the same thing if I saw the food at $60 and $57. People wouldn't have the F U attitude toward $60 though, lol.

yea it is about patience.. i adjusted the food price lower as time goes and my stock of food gets bigger.. that chunk of food is from me & kryptic where we are matching our price closely together.. ppl would either have to overflow turns or buy my food, if im the only farmer with no de-stockers around.. unfortunately that's not the case since we have smaller famers around and few de-stockers

Edited By: DeLpHiNuS on Jan 20th 2021, 13:08:27

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 20th 2021, 13:04:44

A lot of players will find a war if the reset is going badly for them, if the lack of food supply makes the round bad for a lot of people, there may be more players who just say 'screw it!' and find that war, or just quit.

At $60/bushel you make considerably more as a dict farmer than a rep casher does despite dict farmer not having a production/commissions/tech/PCI bonus like the fascist, rep and demo govts do. So $60 is a really great price for a farmer. $80 is extortionate, everyone feels that even if they don't do the math.

actually, it is cos of ppl getting into war that got us in the situation of high food price.. relax got engaged in a war, and then subsequently he gave up playing, which made me the sole big veteran farmer around.. many conflicts occur in veterans like cumorah, rob, all started before the food prices got shoot up to sky high level.. in fact u should thank the war for keeping the food prices low.. cos when the big guys are out of the running, food demand falls..

im basically adjusting my food price according to demand.. if ppl are willing to buy at 80 bucks, i would do so.. im not pointing a gun at their head to tell them to stock, or dont build farms etc..

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2021, 18:11:07

I had to take turns and buy $80 food because my turns were overflowing all reset because I couldn't get my military to sell for the life of me.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 20th 2021, 23:02:38

no one is saying food demand is constant.. it will increase as countries grow, and near the end of the round, countries start to stock food if prices are good which will push up food volume transacted.. im not obligated to supply food 40 bucks or less to allow ppl to stock food

People will buy less food if the food price is high. Not only because of stocking but there are a ton of ways that people can use to reduce food needs, the easiest of which is to stop taking turns or build farms, but it doesnt stop there, not at all.

If you got half your food sold at $80 you would most certainly get more than half your food sold at $60 at that time.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 21st 2021, 10:43:44

People will buy less food if the food price is high. Not only because of stocking but there are a ton of ways that people can use to reduce food needs, the easiest of which is to stop taking turns or build farms, but it doesnt stop there, not at all.

If you got half your food sold at $80 you would most certainly get more than half your food sold at $60 at that time.

it is too hard to say which is the best way to allow me to sell the most food at the best price.. i made an assessment that kryptic would be my strongest food seller competitor, and if i cut the price straight to 60 bucks, he will cut it too since he was de-stocking.. so instead of cutting my price slowly from 80 bucks downwards, if i end up cutting from 60 bucks downwards, it may not give me the best cash yield.. i only login once a day for few hrs at night normally, so i couldnt keep up with the price undercutting to allow me to be the one selling the food to the market

anyway, food price is already getting expensive now and hope that the veterans who replace me and relax can start producing more food!

Edited By: DeLpHiNuS on Jan 21st 2021, 10:48:12

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 23rd 2021, 15:35:21

Need a defence ally replacement.. poor me got ditch:(

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2021, 21:20:20

I'm fully converted to farmer now, food is coming.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Kryptic

Jan 25th 2021, 0:30:54

looking for a tech ally. pm me

Rob Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 6:37:18

Originally posted by Kryptic:

Tech is ridiculously cheap and dropping fast.

archaic Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 18:31:56

So is it common on this server for somebody to spend 6 turns sabbing my missiles so they can do a single 250 acre land grab on me? The hit wasn't even worth retalling, but now I'm probably going to stock up and AB him into oblivion later in the set for doing harm-ops.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2021, 18:38:40

Originally posted by archaic:
So is it common on this server for somebody to spend 6 turns sabbing my missiles so they can do a single 250 acre land grab on me? The hit wasn't even worth retalling, but now I'm probably going to stock up and AB him into oblivion later in the set for doing harm-ops.

No, but I'll assume you didn't join GDI and that's when you'll attract those people, if you're going to net in this server it is important to join GDI, the only other way that can happen is if you broke GDI yourself then it becomes open season, you can avoid seen the pest on your news by outgrowing him/her, once you're 4x the networth they can no longer touch you.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

archaic Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 18:48:24

Yeah I thought this was an automatic GDI server so I'm in GDI now. So are tech prices always this low because teching is just sad right now

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2021, 19:35:44

Yeah I thought this was an automatic GDI server so I'm in GDI now. So are tech prices always this low because teching is just sad right now

Good, no they're not, this is happening because last set was on the other spectrum of the scale, so now we have way too many techers supplying the market, I would hold off because many of them will convert to something else, it's a gamble at this point, maybe hold for another few days to see how current techers react...
(•_•)

archaic Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 19:57:59

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Good, no they're not, this is happening because last set was on the other spectrum of the scale, so now we have way too many techers supplying the market, I would hold off because many of them will convert to something else, it's a gamble at this point, maybe hold for another few days to see how current techers react...

I'm already balls deep with ~7k acres built as labs at this point, I flew past the 'stop here for tech start' sign a few days ago

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2021, 20:06:54

Good, I'll buy your tech :P
(•_•)

Cumorah Game profile

Jan 26th 2021, 1:02:03

Originally posted by Rob:
Originally posted by Kryptic:

Tech is ridiculously cheap and dropping fast.

I did a few days extra research this set. I’ll be good to not buy tech for another 10 days. Thanks cow to the price to be better this set.

Rob Game profile

Jan 26th 2021, 9:38:24

I've given up on tech. Converted to casher instead.

TidyTerry Game profile

Jan 28th 2021, 0:45:33

Thanks everyone for being yourself.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2021, 19:12:46

I don't remember who Flying turns is, but I cut you a break cuz you're a regular, bud 👍
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 28th 2021, 19:39:21

Great now two others do that and the rest of the techers get deleted. If that happens it's all on you! :P

Rob Game profile

Jan 29th 2021, 1:06:26

Great now two others do that and the rest of the techers get deleted. If that happens it's all on you! :P

Well i was hoping that me making it known would deter other techers from converting.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2021, 17:33:55

Flying turns is a flying turd.

RAWR!
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2021, 23:04:57

Buy my food please, help a farmer keep farming instead of warring a dumbass 😂
(•_•)

archaic Game profile

Jan 30th 2021, 1:31:18

I will be teching probably for the rest of the set, if you planon doing the same send me a PM for nudes and tech ally

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 30th 2021, 14:21:08

damn.. we have 2 veterans farmers warring.. crush them pls for a steady food supply lol

Tmac Game profile

Jan 30th 2021, 14:48:42

damn.. we have 2 veterans farmers warring.. crush them pls for a steady food supply lol

Lol, thanks! I'll try my best! Gl in your war koh =)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 3rd 2021, 8:27:32

Any of you know who the purpled people were?

I mean I'm pretty sure it was two of the five members of thebomb as they got deleted everywhere.

So two of these:
Chevs (aka Real_Man)
Requiem
ZEN (aka ChuckNorrisBeard)
RickyDee (who I presume is Hessman)
TheHawk

I assume they were playing primary to find me and suicide me like always. And like RickyDee did by mistake to Molotov(Winonas beaver) last set or whenever it was, probably thinking Molotov was me.

Did anyone talk to them?

Penguinbeng Game profile

Feb 3rd 2021, 9:09:00

someone told me that the only reason for playing primary is to find Gerdler's country and suicide on it (I won't name names) *winks*

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2021, 18:17:31

Btw last set I did not get hit hard, just one top feed. It was Rob that ROR'd and pulled into war by Winona's Beaver

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2021, 20:26:27

Any of you know who the purpled people were?

I mean I'm pretty sure it was two of the five members of thebomb as they got deleted everywhere.

So two of these:
Chevs (aka Real_Man)
Requiem
ZEN (aka ChuckNorrisBeard)
RickyDee (who I presume is Hessman)
TheHawk

I assume they were playing primary to find me and suicide me like always. And like RickyDee did by mistake to Molotov(Winonas beaver) last set or whenever it was, probably thinking Molotov was me.

Did anyone talk to them?

RickyDee is a Buffalo Bills fan and I only know one other Bills fan in this game, Hessman not being him, so... Yeah I don't think you got that assumption correct, I know who the other Bills fan is but that doesn't mean it's him.
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 4th 2021, 0:43:57

Originally posted by Molotov:
Btw last set I did not get hit hard, just one top feed. It was Rob that ROR'd and pulled into war by Winona's Beaver

ohh right... Well Winonas beaver did it get deleted or what happened?

Either way, RickyDee suicided Rob. It's sad and all when a good player get his set ruined. But lets look beyond that and use the information to our advantage:
1. He hit the best looking casher he didn't know right?
2. He is a qanon + mega maga fan (see general talk)
3. American/canadian looking play times/posting times.
4. He started around the time a certain player from Canada who liked to suicide me every set quit.
5. He won Express. Someone else was trying to win express right before he quit, I forget if he did or not.

I smell a canadian rat. :P

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2021, 1:51:45

Either way, RickyDee suicided Rob. It's sad and all when a good player get his set ruined. But lets look beyond that and use the information to our advantage:
4. He started around the time a certain player from Canada who liked to suicide me every set quit.
5. He won Express. Someone else was trying to win express right before he quit, I forget if he did or not.

Are we looking for the common denominator?
(•_•)

Rob Game profile

Feb 4th 2021, 1:56:46

I feel like you're easy to find most sets Gerdler (except last set). I dont know for sure 100% but i think i know who you are this set :)

And i do hope i dont get mistaken for you again lol

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2021, 2:11:41

I think that for everyone's safety Gerdler needs to disclose that this set his country is #6, but that's just one man's opinion.
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 4th 2021, 6:03:53

I think that for everyone's safety Gerdler needs to disclose that this set his country is #6, but that's just one man's opinion.

That is a bot I think? Bot name, bot build.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2021, 6:42:22

Confirmed, Gerdler is a bot!
(•_•)

Rob Game profile

Feb 4th 2021, 7:04:38

Lol, bot build...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2021, 21:57:48

Mmmm decisions, decisions... what techer do I retal first????
(•_•)

Tmac Game profile

Feb 4th 2021, 23:44:05

Mmmm decisions, decisions... what techer do I retal first????

I missed a retal because they got purpled first =(

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2021, 23:48:39

I might do the Tyranny first since he's SS people instead of PS, he's most likely going to get into a war
(•_•)

Rob Game profile

Feb 5th 2021, 0:45:39

Maybe i should get in there as well...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2021, 1:58:44

I'm retalling everyone and most will lose the exchange, party has begun.
(•_•)

archaic Game profile

Feb 6th 2021, 0:29:08

Does this server not permit war declarations?