Verified:

Rob Game profile

Dec 17th 2020, 3:40:52

This may turn out to be one of the best tech sets ever. The market seems to be empty quite a bit.

Kryptic

Dec 17th 2020, 4:45:08

The struggle to keep up is real...damn, this is wild. I log on sometimes and see 9 out 11 techs sold out. wth lol. Whoever is first to swoop in gets it all, and everyone else is left with crumbs.

momo Game profile

Dec 17th 2020, 4:53:03

Originally posted by Kryptic:
The struggle to keep up is real...damn, this is wild. I log on sometimes and see 9 out 11 techs sold out. wth lol. Whoever is first to swoop in gets it all, and everyone else is left with crumbs.

Ain't that the truth!

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2020, 11:59:53

yeah man, it’s casher and techer this set

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Dec 17th 2020, 12:01:12

im really tempted to break my 1 hit policy seeing quite a number of fatties near my humanitarian range :S

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2020, 15:37:39

I find that the fewer people there are playing, the more times people trying to win have to hit the low countries, and then the more likely those people are to quiet probably, leading to fewer people playing, and more times we need to hit them,

momo Game profile

Dec 17th 2020, 21:26:34

Originally posted by Molotov:
I find that the fewer people there are playing, the more times people trying to win have to hit the low countries, and then the more likely those people are to quiet probably, leading to fewer people playing, and more times we need to hit them,

You mean quit, right?

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2020, 21:58:59

yes

Rob Game profile

Dec 18th 2020, 2:43:55

Need you to stop grabbing and just sell us tech :)

Kryptic

Dec 18th 2020, 3:12:29

Originally posted by Rob:

Need you to stop grabbing and just sell us tech :)

I stopped a few days ago :P

Edited By: Kryptic on Dec 18th 2020, 3:19:54

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Dec 18th 2020, 12:42:22

i shall continue to be saint then lol

momo Game profile

Dec 18th 2020, 16:50:52

Are 2 and 51 the same guy? They seem to be coordinating attacks.

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2020, 17:44:03

Accusations like that are bound to happen when they name themselves the same thing, but they don't seem to be coordinating attacks to me. #51 slipping in a grab of his own on #32 is nothing of note. I overlap grabs with lots of people a lot more than that.

Tmac Game profile

Dec 18th 2020, 17:44:12

If they are, they're the worst cheaters ever! Our cheating detection system would be even worse though, lol. My guess is they are 2 different people that know each other in rl. I base that on the hope they would've been deleted by now if they weren't legit.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2020, 18:47:35

You're all wrong, they are farmland!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Dec 19th 2020, 15:28:48

im long term ally with #2 (i kinda click with him so he let me be a freeloader on his research lol).. early in the round he says #51 is a friend of his and not to confuse him and the other guy lol.. last round #51 country name is octo.. i think his friend decided to be funny and name after him lol

TidyTerry Game profile

Dec 20th 2020, 20:17:12

Been a while since I heard someone use the expression smarty pants.

Rob Game profile

Dec 23rd 2020, 4:34:23

Top 5 predictions?

ImaSwellFella
The Room Where it Happens
Evisceration
Dahlia
Grievous

Tmac Game profile

Dec 23rd 2020, 15:56:50

I agree with your top 4. 5th is tougher because rhubarb or Winona could get it. Grievous is tough to predict for me since it depends on how well he plays the market. He could be anywhere from 4th to 7th imo.

Rob Game profile

Dec 24th 2020, 0:25:09

Grievous could go as high as 3rd i think. Tech market still holding above 3k and i dont see it going down soon.
Bushels havent been too expensive either so stocking shouldnt be an issue.

Kryptic

Dec 25th 2020, 2:40:33

Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:
im long term ally with #2 (i kinda click with him so he let me be a freeloader on his research lol).. early in the round he says #51 is a friend of his and not to confuse him and the other guy lol.. last round #51 country name is octo.. i think his friend decided to be funny and name after him lol

Are you sure about that? They were both suddenly deleted. :s

Rob Game profile

Dec 25th 2020, 2:58:03

Ahh man, 2 less techers in a tech deprived set.

Better for you Grievous - might need to revise that T5 prediction moving you up.

TidyTerry Game profile

Dec 25th 2020, 3:37:47

Merry Christmas!

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 25th 2020, 3:54:14

I wonder if they got popped for something real or if someone just filed a report and a mod was clearing the queue and didn’t look hard enough at it. Of course there obviously also could’ve been something we couldn’t see too but I’ve seen reversals before.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 25th 2020, 5:01:39

Merry Christmas y'all

🍻🥃
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Dec 25th 2020, 15:35:37

lol i dunno.. that's what he told me.. i had allied with him for many rounds

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 27th 2020, 13:16:35

These market conditions are perfect for a techer. This is like a $175m dream scenario... selling bushels for a $20 profit, jumping off $95 military. 😳

Rob Game profile

Dec 28th 2020, 3:41:33

These market conditions are perfect for a techer. This is like a $175m dream scenario... selling bushels for a $20 profit, jumping off $95 military. 😳

Yeah no kidding. I was doing some simple math, and this set could easily have gotten even more than that for a techer.

I'm playing techer next set i think, so it will probably be one of the worst tech sets next time around :)

Rob Game profile

Dec 28th 2020, 3:46:05

Now i also very curious who Winona is and what reason would one have to ruin what was going to be a pretty good finish from me.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 28th 2020, 4:26:09

Originally posted by Rob:

Yeah no kidding. I was doing some simple math, and this set could easily have gotten even more than that for a techer.

I'm playing techer next set i think, so it will probably be one of the worst tech sets next time around :)

Every year the holidays set is heavily beneficial for one strat, the very next set a fluff ton of people play that strat thinking it'll repeat to only find out that the strat they played the holidays set shines on the next one LOL
(•_•)

Kryptic

Dec 28th 2020, 5:00:09

My math says I suck at this game and will not even come close to those numbers. rofl

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Dec 28th 2020, 12:04:39

i think the whole server will starve if i delete my country right now lol

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 28th 2020, 15:27:18

My math says I suck at this game and will not even come close to those numbers. rofl

Land goal is 30k land on day 30

From there: that's 10k tech per turn, 54 turns a day, $3100 per tech point - since prices never crashed this set. Very unusual, and that's $1.6b/day+

Then say you tech for 26 days before you've jumped high enough that it's no longer profitable. that's over $40b earned (and we'll just ignore the cash/food profits/expenses and the fact you're not starting at 0 net here).

say you manage to turn about $25b into $50 bushels that sells at $70... and the rest breaks even. Now you just made $10b more. Impossible in a normal round since food usually crashes when techers destock, but here beepo falling to the wayside and the low number of techers made the reverse happen.

So now you have over $50b to work with. Buy $100 jets/turrets and that's 300m networth, LOL. Of course once you're spending $50b the military market prices will come way up but even $125 average is 240m net.

Of course I don't think 240m net is possible either, there's too many losses at the margins and things would never work out this smoothly on the numbers. I do think the 175m net i mentioned before or even a little higher is realistic though, but ONLY in this reset and not in the future.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 28th 2020, 15:57:11

Who ever is stocking bushels at this point has gone off the deep end.

I know relax has gone inactive but really its someone stocking bushels as well. its idiotic. They will have to sell those same bushels at 40 later on and buy jets/turrets at 150... No amount of expenses is worth that ever.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Dec 28th 2020, 16:30:49

i dont think anyone is stocking that much of food unlike previous rounds.. food transacted daily has not hit past 100mil unlike previous rounds.. i think im the only big food producer left and i think the whole server might not had stocked enough food to last the remaining 10 days if i delete my account lol

Rob Game profile

Dec 28th 2020, 17:12:50

It’s been a pretty interesting set, I have to say.

Right now i think the most interesting question of this set is how high Grevious will finish - I’m intrigued

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 28th 2020, 18:04:42

i dont think anyone is stocking that much of food unlike previous rounds.. food transacted daily has not hit past 100mil unlike previous rounds.. i think im the only big food producer left and i think the whole server might not had stocked enough food to last the remaining 10 days if i delete my account lol

Well you are a farmer and your NW is still low, so you are likely stocking food is my guess.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Dec 29th 2020, 12:07:57

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Well you are a farmer and your NW is still low, so you are likely stocking food is my guess.

im not! if im stocking food, the server will starve lol.. it is just that there are some food not able to sell at a rather high premium haha

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Dec 29th 2020, 12:08:55

dunno what's with winona, but did my retal.. just a few hundred acres off my personal best hit few rounds ago on serp

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Dec 30th 2020, 6:29:00

With the hit on #58, the top contenders are taken out.. i think #20 has the easiest win (other than grievous who might have a chance as a dark horse)

Tmac Game profile

Jan 5th 2021, 20:54:16

With the hit on #58, the top contenders are taken out.. i think #20 has the easiest win (other than grievous who might have a chance as a dark horse)

You nailed it! Bonus =)

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 5th 2021, 21:58:13

I didn't realize before that this was about me (#58) haha. Was never a contender though, will end with a pretty lackluster score

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 5th 2021, 22:34:17

I think grievous would have won if he destocked earlier. He must have had bushels that he declined to sell at $70+ when he was sitting at 30m NW.

Kryptic

Jan 5th 2021, 23:18:26

I'm still a big noob. I have a lotttt of things to improve. Stock? What stock? Haha When Molotov mentioned the bushel mathemagicz a week ago I was like damn......I should've done that. :(
Oh well, I'm happy to breakout of the 50m NW range I had been stuck at for 3 rounds. It took a miracle round to do it though...

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 5th 2021, 23:55:51

I thought we talked about bushel stocking/cycling a few sets ago over in game messages. But actually you ended up getting kinda unlucky in the end on this destock period with 2 of the 4 big commies totally combusting. Military prices would’ve been a lot lower for longer. Still looks like you’re hitting the big 9 figures of net though!

Tmac Game profile

Jan 5th 2021, 23:57:23

So you only stocked tech and 2b cash? It's usually best to sell as much as possible because tech usually goes down as the set goes on. Food usually rises about half way through the set, then crashes the last week. Of course the market here varies from set to set since it depends alot on what strats the top 10 guys play.

Tmac Game profile

Jan 5th 2021, 23:58:39

I thought we talked about bushel stocking/cycling a few sets ago over in game messages. But actually you ended up getting kinda unlucky in the end on this destock period with 2 of the 4 big commies totally combusting. Military prices would’ve been a lot lower for longer. Still looks like you’re hitting the big 9 figures of net though!

Don't forget rob would've been buying alot of that if he didn't go to war... .

Kryptic

Jan 6th 2021, 0:24:11

I didn't even think about stocking up on bushels and flipping. I just got a enough bushels to get me through the end of the round. :(
This set I tried something completely different, I was 100% resource decay. It was super sketchy towards the end when Winona was going on a rampage. Going back to using bonuses on extra turns.

Anarchist Game profile

Jan 6th 2021, 9:22:09

I played a lot more aggressive this round ended up warring with several people back and forth but still will have my best finish by far in primary.

momo Game profile

Jan 6th 2021, 15:22:26

Anybody else having trouble with one of the bonus sites?