Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2020, 23:03:28

That's why I always stock it early ;-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Cumorah Game profile

Aug 7th 2020, 0:38:40

Message received after completing one PS. Gotta love the aggressive rainbow countries - telling me how to play the game. Hummmm....
—————————
Message from Turd Ferguson is my name use it (#15) sent on Aug 06, 23:00
Report this message
You have to know I can spy you so why attack me you have to know I am going to poison your food bomb your buildings and planes and get your people to flee I don't get it
————————-

GDI limits the sorts of spy ops, and if you do more than one harmful spy op you can kiss your GDI protection goodbye.

I sense a potential farm candidate.

Cumorah Game profile

Aug 7th 2020, 0:39:23

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
That's why I always stock it early ;-)

It’s always wise, although it’s still a rude price. Good luck to whoever listed it.

Rob Game profile

Aug 7th 2020, 1:39:30

I should definitely remember to stock early next set, these prices are ridiculous its hardly worth grabbing.

Tmac Game profile

Aug 7th 2020, 3:07:21

Techers can stock oil early. The other strats have to buy tech so it's tough. With prices like this, non-techers mine as well build their own rigs. Rigs are the best building right now regardless of govt, lol.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2020, 3:15:00

Originally posted by Cumorah:
Message received after completing one PS. Gotta love the aggressive rainbow countries - telling me how to play the game. Hummmm....
—————————
Report this message
You have to know I can spy you so why attack me you have to know I am going to poison your food bomb your buildings and planes and get your people to flee I don't get it
————————-

GDI limits the sorts of spy ops, and if you do more than one harmful spy op you can kiss your GDI protection goodbye.

LOL WOW

Originally posted by Tmac:
Techers can stock oil early. The other strats have to buy tech so it's tough. With prices like this, non-techers mine as well build their own rigs. Rigs are the best building right now regardless of govt, lol.

Even as farmer I make it a priority to stock up at least 1m barrels before I start grabbing, it's something I've always done, some sets it makes no sense but in sets like this one it paid off, I'm still running on stocked oil, I have about 260k left though :-/ the most I paid for oil this set is $130/barrel.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2020, 3:39:31

Y'all can quit grabbing, I'll keep farming.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2020, 3:51:10

I don't think I'll be grabbing much longer, with a small pool this set it doesn't make sense to, I don't have many options left without risking being retalled.
(•_•)

Cumorah Game profile

Aug 7th 2020, 4:28:13

Originally posted by Cumorah:
—————————
Report this message
————————-

LOL WOW

Even as farmer I make it a priority to stock up at least 1m barrels before I start grabbing, it's something I've always done, some sets it makes no sense but in sets like this one it paid off, I'm still running on stocked oil, I have about 260k left though :-/ the most I paid for oil this set is $130/barrel.

Smart strat I will adopt going forward. I will just build a few ‘000 oil rigs to take the edge off. I don’t really like this set so may start pushing the envelope a little....

Cumorah Game profile

Aug 7th 2020, 22:19:52

Yep. I had to build some but am now self sufficient so won’t need to buy from the market.

Tmac Game profile

Aug 8th 2020, 3:56:15

Should be nice for you to not have to worry about the current oil price every login! As long as prices stay like this for a bit you should easily make up the rebuild cost. I'd imagine the demand will be there another couple weeks.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 8th 2020, 12:20:52

What really bothers me is that people are suggesting to nerf the fascist govt which would make these oil shortages almost guaranteed in primary. And the reason is that fascism is strong in alliance and team, two servers where everyone and their mother oil destock. Fascism's supply the oil on every server, and if they are not a decent choice everyone will be rainbowing their oil supply which will supercharge the decline of the function of the market, which is already happening slowly due to a smaller player base.

I think that when the public market doesnt allow a commie indy to sell their military, or a techer to sell its tech, that is when the game is beyond saving.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2020, 12:24:49

What happens in bot servers shouldn't be applied to Primary, Tournament nor Team.

Don't fix what's not broken.
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2020, 14:11:35

Suggestions do not equal changes; they equal suggestions. If you fear an idea because you think it will be bad for the game, you believe that the Developer is inept.

Suggestions shouldn't bother anyone, and that is the wrong way to look at it.

Servers with low numbers of players will always suck because this game works best with thousands of people, not hundreds. Now go and debate my post with a 3,000-word essay that I won't read.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2020, 17:24:23

TL;DR

🙇
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 8th 2020, 19:16:05

I explained why the suggestion is bad already. And no, primary is decently functional market-wise. So far.

So what are we just going to make suggestions and not debate them? Given that up until about a year ago none of the devs even played the game, yeah I'm going to help them to an experienced player's perspective. Especially when the suggestions are made by people who's frame of reference is one strategy in one server.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2020, 21:19:36

Originally posted by Gerdler:
I explained why the suggestion is bad already. And no, primary is decently functional market-wise. So far.

So what are we just going to make suggestions and not debate them? Given that up until about a year ago none of the devs even played the game, yeah I'm going to help them to an experienced player's perspective. Especially when the suggestions are made by people who's frame of reference is one strategy in one server.

Devs should play a couple rounds to experience the game from a players perspective IMO, players like you that are very analytical provide better input than most of us, I don't have a problem sitting back occasionally injecting a thought and watching you guys give your analysis of it, I actually like it because I learn from it :-)
(•_•)

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 9th 2020, 0:53:49

this is what happens when I don’t play fascist lol

Tmac Game profile

Aug 9th 2020, 11:38:33

Originally posted by Relax lah:
this is what happens when I don’t play fascist lol

Haha, i thought that too. We need at least 1 top guy per set with some rigs. At least alot of the smaller countries do have some rigs though.

Chevs

Aug 9th 2020, 13:07:08

TL;DR

🙇

TLDR is GIT GUD and stop whining
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 9th 2020, 16:13:10

Originally posted by Requiem:
Suggestions do not equal changes; they equal suggestions. If you fear an idea because you think it will be bad for the game, you believe that the Developer is inept.

Suggestions shouldn't bother anyone, and that is the wrong way to look at it.

Servers with low numbers of players will always suck because this game works best with thousands of people, not hundreds. Now go and debate my post with a 3,000-word essay that I won't read.

Well, they did push to nearly all servers a change where you can't AB/BR buildings unless someone is the same building type as you. Just absolutely zero regard for solo servers, and Tournament is still on that change set 9 months later. o_O

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 9th 2020, 16:50:44

^^Good point. I believe its hard to know what solo servers need if you don't play them and afaik no dev is a regular on any solo server.

So I wouldn't call the devs inept but they need more perspectives than their own to decide what is right, and thats why the player base needs to debate suggestions on the Bugs and Suggestions board.

Cumorah Game profile

Aug 9th 2020, 19:33:24

Should be nice for you to not have to worry about the current oil price every login! As long as prices stay like this for a bit you should easily make up the rebuild cost. I'd imagine the demand will be there another couple weeks.

Price is coming down, and I made a nice sum of cash from the high oil price rather quickly. Adapting to the environment is have the fun, and farming and warring too. :-)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 10th 2020, 16:09:53

Adapting is fun within a reasonable space. If I had no oil stock when oil was $999 the adaptation would have to be either stocking turns or exploring/cashing instead of attacking, which is quite a boring adaptation, wouldn't you agree?

Game works when oil is 70-450 or so. When tech is 500-5000 or so(unless very early on, then you can benefit from buying higher priced tech). When food is 30-100. Within those ranges you can adapt how much tech you choose to buy, your tax rate and building composition and how you grab without actually benefiting from going inactive, going rainbow or playing without tech. :)

For instance last set when tech prices were ~$3000 and Hessman kept spying me and telling me I won't win because I have "fluffty techs" even tho I was on my spreadsheet daily to figure out how much tech was worth it for me at that stage at that price. For me thats a fun way of adapting; trying to do whats the optimal at a different conditions, and thereby distinguishing myself from other players. Not just realizing; 'Ouch I should have been a techer, well there's always next set.'

Cumorah Game profile

Aug 11th 2020, 4:24:59

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Adapting is fun within a reasonable space. If I had no oil stock when oil was $999 the adaptation would have to be either stocking turns or exploring/cashing instead of attacking, which is quite a boring adaptation, wouldn't you agree?

Game works when oil is 70-450 or so. When tech is 500-5000 or so(unless very early on, then you can benefit from buying higher priced tech). When food is 30-100. Within those ranges you can adapt how much tech you choose to buy, your tax rate and building composition and how you grab without actually benefiting from going inactive, going rainbow or playing without tech. :)

For instance last set when tech prices were ~$3000 and Hessman kept spying me and telling me I won't win because I have "fluffty techs" even tho I was on my spreadsheet daily to figure out how much tech was worth it for me at that stage at that price. For me thats a fun way of adapting; trying to do whats the optimal at a different conditions, and thereby distinguishing myself from other players. Not just realizing; 'Ouch I should have been a techer, well there's always next set.'

You have a spreadsheet? Now I feel second class.

I agree with your comments. Although if you can sell oil for over $700 then building a few k oil rigs and selling for $ seems to me to be worth it?

Although granted, I don’t run spreadsheets. If only someone had one that would email it to me........?

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 5:03:02

I prefer to hack it with pure instincts lol
though that doesn’t win me the game on most occasions :D

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Aug 11th 2020, 11:49:43

yea im just armed with a desktop calculator to play earth lol

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 13:49:17

I use nothing but Windows calculator for 90% of the set but then once attack phase ends, if i feel my country is competitive, I'll start looking into some of the game formulas and doing some calcs

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 17:05:49

I just play turns.. not even a calculator.
(•_•)

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 17:49:40

Just doing mental estimates for all your grabs huh :) I guess that's why you don't appear on the Attack Success leaderboard!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 18:26:34

Pretty much, I play for fun, if I have to start making spreadsheets and calculation of every move it'll turn into a choir, choir will turn to irritation and I'll end up getting burned out.
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 11th 2020, 18:58:35

I should use excel for grabbing since it would avoid some fails each set. But I get annoyed with tabbing around too much. Windows calculator is not my friend, so I use my TI-84 plus for grabbing which causes me to forget putting in the govt bonus, weaps tech or def bonus and fail at least a hit per set usually. I don't remember ever failing a hit that was not 100% my fault in primary.

You can make nice estimates in windows calculator or your phone calculator on how much tech you should buy up to etc. I know a lot of people who do that. I just made a spreadsheet for it because I wanted faster results really.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 19:02:47

I tip my hat to those of you who put in the work and get reward for it via wins, I have no issues with that ;-)
(•_•)

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2020, 19:13:27

I feel like attacking is so simple that the Windows calculator is all you need. once I get my ops done, typing in the numbers literally only takes a few seconds. only time I failed in my last ~300 attacks was an accidental SS.

Ektar Game profile

Aug 11th 2020, 23:31:57

I just use my iphone 6s with a cracked screen. :-/

Tmac Game profile

Aug 12th 2020, 0:22:39

I just round up their d to a nice round # to make the calculation simple. Multiply by weaps/govt bonus then add in allies. When they have allies i use my phone calc to determine how many allies of each type they have though.

Rob Game profile

Aug 12th 2020, 2:31:03

I just round up their d to a nice round # to make the calculation simple. Multiply by weaps/govt bonus then add in allies. When they have allies i use my phone calc to determine how many allies of each type they have though.

Exactly what i do :)

Need to up my game - Gerdler is making me feel inept

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2020, 19:32:54

My old TI died /sadface

Joey0001 Game profile

Aug 14th 2020, 19:08:47

I do not approve of these market prices.

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 16th 2020, 5:27:22

The EEVIL Empire

Ektar Game profile

Aug 21st 2020, 13:37:16

Military prices are for the birds.

momo Game profile

Aug 23rd 2020, 17:15:30

I do one PS against Turd Ferguson and I get this message:

Message from Turd Ferguson is my name use it (#15) sent on Aug 21, 16:14
Report this message
Guess I deserve that for forgetting to get gdi lol

I don't even reply, thinking that's that. Next thing I know Turd has run 20 spy ops, all of them stealing oil. Then I get this:

Report this message
You have no more oil to attack now your a sitting duck quack,quack enjoy getting grabbed and you can't retal lol

Obviously he's mathmatically challenged, I still had over 300k barrels of oil. Then he sends this message:

Report this message
Please real gdi and my spies will pummel you lol

WTF??
Enough playing around, I launch a PS then send 20 missiles, all of them get thru. After that I get this message:

Message from Turd Ferguson is my name use it (#15) sent on Aug 23, 13:57
Report this message
What's your beef?

My beef is you do more than one harmfull spy op, don't expect GDI to protect you.

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2020, 17:17:47

Well, he's living up to the name it sounds like!

Tmac Game profile

Aug 23rd 2020, 17:36:24

This guy is pretty funny. I'm disappointed I didn't get a message when I grabbed him, lol.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 23rd 2020, 17:37:38

You can't script that fluff lol. Gotta live it to believe it.

Maybe it's someone's goldfish. I can't think of another more plausible explaination. :)

Ektar Game profile

Aug 23rd 2020, 18:07:03

Message from Turd Ferguson is my name use it (#15) sent on Jul 19, 21:06
Report this message
Someone just bought 9 barrel's of oil from me lol

Not sure why he sent me this.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2020, 18:34:21

LOL hahahahaha, he's back, gotta be him, sounds like him hahahaha, I had similar run in with a country last year, he sent hilarious nonsense messages after I PS him and of course retalled (his words) with harmful ops LOL, I'm glad he's still playing :-)
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 24th 2020, 3:24:45

Ivanka Trump Is HoTT (#9) rage quit after the retal?
(•_•)

Cumorah Game profile

Aug 24th 2020, 5:59:13

Ivanka Trump Is HoTT (#9) rage quit after the retal?

Rather dramatic, overreaction....

Ektar Game profile

Aug 24th 2020, 10:10:53

One could say “retalling” someone with over 50 million turrets and 145% weapons tech over 200 acres is an overreaction, yes?

Looks like no retals for moonshiner & the boys.

(-:

Edited By: Ektar on Aug 24th 2020, 11:52:18
See Original Post