Verified:

Sov Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 9:48:45

Who started this game again? I know it was an Earth player and it is pretty much an Earth clone like EE. Seems to be doing well with lots of players.

Maybe a good recruiting ground for Earth Empires ;)

Sov Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 9:50:44

Apparently has over 60k players?

CrisX1

Nov 16th 2010, 9:52:28

Lol, I meant jeweler

Edited By: CrisX1 on Nov 17th 2010, 11:16:33
See Original Post
ICN- Alliance Server

spawn Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 9:56:42

2 russian guys, both from the russian earth clan, i forgot the name though
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Sov Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 9:59:55

DU if I remember correctly?

Looks like they have done a good job. As I said, might be a good recruiting ground for Alliances here if they have as many players as they say they have.

Looks like there is a CWG over there as well from what I can see. I wonder if any old school CWG are playing there.

If they are heavily populated with players, might be good for the EE developers to take note of the keys to their success to apply them here.

There is no harm in studying and milking your competition. You just need to make sure you get the edge over them as well to make your product a more attractive one.

dixiechick Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 10:24:09

Jeweler is over there with a lot of CWG. Last time we spoke he said it was doing well.

dagga Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 11:15:30

There are 9700 players playing Alliance. I logged in, and it is EXACTLY the same game - lots of ads and looks crappier than this version though.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 11:30:14

I think that their "succcess" is an illusion. Really just a manipulation of numbers.

The 60k players on the front page is the total that have ever signed up for the site. It includes those who aren't active and never were active.

Their "alliance server" claims to have 10k countries, but it doesn't really. I played my initial 50 turns and ended up ranked 1400th. Obviously most of those countries aren't played. I went to the clan list and added up the member totals of the 17 alliances listed... it came to 314. That's 314 players tagged out of nearly 10k created countries on the alliance server. And no, the reset didn't just begin.

Maybe the other servers are healthier... I didn't bother to look. But I'm pretty convinced that they've just chosen to display the biggest numbers possible... even if it doesn't reflect the reality of the game in the slightest.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 11:34:17

Though I do like one thing they've done. They've put the individual turn results in a iframe... less scrolling to get through it.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Sov Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 11:48:30

Well any of their servers can prove to be a viable source of fresh talent for Alliances here. Smart alliances should start working on some message bots, because the transition for players should be seamless.

Think outside of the square...

Whilst the success may be an illusion, there are still players over there who should be playing here ;)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2010, 13:50:26

It's funny you say that because they thought the exact same thing when our earth was taken down!

Sov Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 14:14:41

lol we can use that as another way to motivate people from here then :p

Ivan Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 15:47:49

mars is filled with multies and more multies and more multies

Link Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 15:47:56

i forgot all about that game lol.. hmmm
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

pslayer Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 16:41:34

didn't TC make Mars?

Junky Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 16:56:35

I believe most of the clans that used to play here, are now playing over there... I've been in talks with Klownzee trying to convince him to bring CwG back to earth.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 16th 2010, 19:33:43

TC made mars2026; some DU guys made Mars2025 - with my formula sheet at the time incidentally heh

but I believe there are many multies yes; a russian clan from there would like to jump over here if we add support for a russian translation of the game, which we plan to do eventually... but that will be well after everything else currently on the pile
Finally did the signature thing.

spawn Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 19:37:20

get them over then and just say it might take some time before its implemented
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Marshal Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 20:09:24

alot old Clowns from CWG are playing there.

some play EE too.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2010, 20:14:40

Originally posted by qzjul:
TC made mars2026; some DU guys made Mars2025 - with my formula sheet at the time incidentally heh

but I believe there are many multies yes; a russian clan from there would like to jump over here if we add support for a russian translation of the game, which we plan to do eventually... but that will be well after everything else currently on the pile

Tell them to use google translator.

kemo Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 20:20:08

its really like 250 or less vet players. i do believe the 60k is a total of countries for several sets. theres an insane amount of rainbow strats there. its a land grabbers dream. problem is it lags like oprah bathes in chocolate.

ashkael is the main mod but he dont do much last i knew. jew and clm do most of the work

i stand corrected. theyve actually done extensive work to weed out the multis. sorry ive been outta the mars loop for a long time

Edited By: kemo on Nov 22nd 2010, 18:52:22
See Original Post
all praised to ra

kemo Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 20:22:34

also couple of the main things i like about the place is the ingame storage of spy ops. though it was necessary there cause they dont have clan sites that support their game as we do

that and theres a in game ranking system. the head can view each countrys advisor in his clan as he pleases
all praised to ra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 16th 2010, 21:19:11

we've been thinking about adding ingame op storage as well, mainly for the solo servers, but we'd make it available to all servers :)

as far as mars -> I was told by some mars players that they made it into a Facebook app by just putting the current site inside an iframe and it ballooned in new players, but no one ever did much if anything with the countries/accounts they made

that is in sharp contrast to us, where the user experience for new users is a primary focus, and at this point, what is stopping us from going live right now :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Junky Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 22:13:49

Originally posted by Marshal:
alot old Clowns from CWG are playing there.

some play EE too.

got some to join SOL :-P maybe thats why we started doing better later in the first war, and well second skirmish..

Marshal Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 22:48:48

those who aren't playing ee are happy warring at mars.

Junky Game profile

Nov 16th 2010, 23:18:50

yeah :-P I'm one of them.... starting next set over there.

Sov Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 0:56:06

There is no reason why people cant play both games, but for the benefit and expansion of this game people need to bring them here.

Yeah I am looking forward to your facebook integration Pang. I think it will bring lots of people into Primary.

Then you just need to get them hooked ;)

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2010, 1:06:18

agreed,

it will be our job to recruit out of primary, and bring them to our game and train them.

WHich also means, we need to go somehwat easy on the newer players...be hard enough to show them we know our stuff,

but not enough to push them out of the game.
Z is #1

Devestation Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 4:44:37

Originally posted by kemo:
its really like 250 or less vet players and the rest multis. i do believe the 60k is a total of countries for several sets. theres an insane amount of rainbow strats there. its a land grabbers dream. problem is it lags like oprah bathes in chocolate.

ashkael is the main mod but he dont do much last i knew. jew and clm do most of the work

I use Telstra and it doesn't lag.

The players are coming in because Ashkael is putting the game on the Russian social websites. The facebook app was there for years and is effectively untouched.

Sov Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 5:03:20

Originally posted by Devestation:
The players are coming in because Ashkael is putting the game on the Russian social websites. The facebook app was there for years and is effectively untouched.

Marketing a game is just as important as developing it. If he is putting the effort in then good on him. We need to do the same thing here if we want to see the player base increase.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 17th 2010, 5:17:12

we're looking forward to marketing it.... but we don't want to market it until we're done, since it will be money out of our pocket along with all the free avenues we'll be pursuing :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 5:39:52

Damn Russians... ya nenavizhu Ruskie suki. Federacia s nichivo no merzavki

Thunder Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 6:16:54

Russians are dominating the Express Server...if you ain't with them you're against them and they have kill squads that Gregg would lose his mind over. LOL
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Link Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 6:20:12

if they come here.. we must all band together.. and kill the Russians. ;)
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Drinks Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 10:06:43

lol at link.

And at the Admins:
Maybe ask if one of the Rusians who can speak better english do the physical translating of text for you, and then you just do the coding side of things to make it easier for you. (im not IT wizz, so i might be way off on how this stuff works haha)

<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2010, 14:22:53

To recode a Russian version of the game wouldn't be hard it would just be time consuming and at this point they have more important things to do I would assume.

Revolver Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 15:14:24

fluff load of players that didn't even touch their countries.. I doubt they have more active players than here.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 17th 2010, 16:49:01

Drinks: i don't think the actual translation is the hard part. it's more likely that pretty much every file/page of the game would have to be re-coded to incorporate a "preferred language" where every word used in this (text based...) game would be pulled from a database based on what language you wanted to see.

once something like that was done(which isn't an easy task, by any means) things like actual translations could be looked into but still wouldn't be easy, because with new translations you will get new format issues that have to be looked into.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Nov 17th 2010, 16:50:36

in Express in Mars a couple years back I named my country an old Ukrainian curse... I was in 1st by a mile, first the Americans started demoing me/CDing me I believe is what happened thinking I was Russian, then the Russians started a KR on me because they didn;t udnerstand my country name, and thought I was part of the American team making fun of Russian.

I got caught in the crossfire. BASTARDS.

kemo Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 17:14:21

once in a while when i get really bored ill be russian. name the country as they do. speak to others in game in russian and just see how long i last against the vet american players. kinda entertaining sometimes
all praised to ra

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 19:49:08

that's still around? thought my email to my consulate in Russia would get rid of it..
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 21:50:29

why would it?

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 21:53:40

dunno, because i'd get drunk and call them a bunch of names.
it's a rip-off of a game developed in the US, dang near an exact copy. good thing that Mehul sold it to those drunk Irish people.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 17th 2010, 23:40:27

Heh, though this game is actually closer. To our advantage though, they abandoned the game.

But we're moving farther away every reset =/
Finally did the signature thing.

Vinag Game profile

Nov 18th 2010, 11:23:48

I thought Juice created that game, or runs it these days...

he pops into our Rage site now and then to give it a plug.

Sov Game profile

Nov 18th 2010, 13:40:52

Drinks and Thunder... good to see you guys still kicking around ;)

So... who is good with creating messagebots? I think Alliances should get recruiting on there. I wouldnt mind throwing in a helping hand with some spam recruiting for the benefit of the community.

Devestation Game profile

Nov 19th 2010, 4:24:42

Originally posted by kemo:
its really like 250 or less vet players and the rest multis. i do believe the 60k is a total of countries for several sets. theres an insane amount of rainbow strats there. its a land grabbers dream. problem is it lags like oprah bathes in chocolate.

it's 60k accounts made. However, Ashkael's cleared it down to the newsest 20k or so several times in the last 3 years, and probably monthly since the last big introduction of players.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 19th 2010, 21:33:51

i think juice made global2025.

Nov 20th 2010, 3:56:39

didn't TC make global 2025?

Devestation Game profile

Nov 20th 2010, 9:56:14

I'm pretty sure Moon 2026 was made by a Russian hemaphrodite scientologist named Turtle Juice.

There, I summed up every possible fact you need to know about the earth clones in one sentence.