Verified:

mrcuban Game profile

Jan 28th 2018, 21:39:21

My take on this from the mountains of threads I can skim over is that this beef is really between LAF v Elders? I can see that you guys have warred a few sets and there is bad blood. The others who have joined in have been bullied by LAF in some way as smaller tags? IE LAF grabs, they retal, laf grabs again and then get tag killed for it?

LAF you have tried to say you're not the instigator here by offering pacts, and saying that if noboby hits us we won't hit anyone else? I can vouch for the fact for years you have been farming the fluff out of small tags. In my history I would say over 10 years, (but you aren't the only ones who have done it).

It is a war game, and the problem lies in between people who want to net and people who want to war, and the declining player numbers means that those 2 types of players will cross over. People who want to net will get hit, and people who want to war may have to net sometimes due to pacting.

Would love a clear background on this.

Soviet Game profile

Jan 28th 2018, 22:29:50

started reading title

seen mrcuban

realized i dont care
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2018, 22:32:34

Edited By: Jayr on Oct 30th 2020, 23:51:16
wasn't me...

mrcuban Game profile

Jan 28th 2018, 22:39:17

@soviet, you still hurt because you've been playing this game forever and still aren't really good at any of it?

archaic Game profile

Jan 28th 2018, 23:26:28

Going back as long as I can remember Laf has aggressively and very deliberately farmed smaller tags out of existence, they have brutalized less small tags that had policies that were not 'Laf friendly' (see what happened to the early land trading clans), and if there was a larger tag that they felt was a rival - they had them botted out of existence by their alter egos. This is not made up, its well documented.

Now, for the most part that has died down as the game has become more and more geriatric and netting alliances turned to bot farming. However, the north remembers. Many of the old guard players that essentially had the game stolen from them by Laf are among the very few remaining players in the game. Many (most) of these guys were pretty minor players back in the day - but in the valley of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Enter the era of the griefer. With only a couple of hundred players left and no clan of 50 members remaining, the game is ripe for small loosely organized bands to terrorize their former oppressors. Elders is the quintessential loosely organized militant group and the field is ripe for them to succeed in quest to turn the tables. Players like Mobs, DrunK, Derrick, Weezy, etc. - guys that were small fish in the old game, well now they are easily able to stand on even footing with Vic, H4, Gains, etc. Equality is only an AB away after all. They don't need to win, they just need to exist in order to bend the server to their will

TL,DR the pond is drying up and all of our fins are sticking out of the mud. The buzzards will be along soon.

Edited By: archaic on Jan 29th 2018, 1:43:53
See Original Post
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2018, 23:32:39

Originally posted by Soviet:
started reading title

seen mrcuban

realized i dont care

This
Catch me on ir c

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 28th 2018, 23:41:36

Since the bots came and farming other tags was no longer useful, we have wanted to pact everything and not hit anyone unless they hit us. This set we had pacts with EVERY tag of 4 or more except Elders who we have learned we can't pact because they just hit us anyway. We also pacted several tags under 4 members after finally reaching them. We were pacted with all the tags that hit us this set except eevil, which I offered a pact to. :)

The issue back a few years ago before the bots was that the game incentivised farming of players. In fact you could not win without it at one point. So people frowned upon something that the game forced ppl to do, then when landtrading was created to avoid this, people thought that was not legititimate and they suicided over that. Then now that bots are created to further avoid this, people hate those who farm bots and suicide them over it.
In express they hate people who sell tech to the bots as well. :)

Either way I dont care about anything that LaF did prior to 2017. I was a victim of that too, I was also a victim of many other alliances, cheaters, griefers etc then. It was a very different game then, the player run bots are no more, cheating is far less rampant and LaF does not farm small tags for land, in fact we want to pact everyone of those unless they did us wrong. the only constant over 20 years is the griefer and the restart rules and spy changes have made them stronger than before. The game developers are also at fault for creating this situation but any player always has the choice to grief or not.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2018, 17:55:30

Archaic is mostly spot on. Elders doesn't even use a website for anything but target selection. We've, however, been fighting a common enemy long enough that many of us are Facebook friends, Snapchat friends or send texts to each other. Elders warchats are arrange via text message. We come together on a moments notice when a common enemy is wanted killed. This was shown off when Tob told us laf would hit us those sets ago. Elders response time to that message was under 12 hours to an 11 kill fs. We have no leaders, only warchat mins and people who handle fa issues.

But this war is not just laf vs elders. If it were, I don't think you'd see the sort of numbers en masse that you're seeing now. Many people are here for many different reasons, but mostly its to say hey, you aren't going to bully yet another small tag off the server.

As gerdler said, with the addition of bots the incentive of farming people became lowered and laf just wanted to be left alone. That's true, but you can't make enemies all along and then just one day wake up and decide you don't want to fight them anymore. The north does remember.

Short of offering reparations for years and years of pushing around tags that I loved, I doubt I ever come around on laf.

On the other hand, the strength of the anti-laf sentiment is being shown off right now. Laf still thinks it can push people around but the server is too small now to do so without all of the anti-laffers coming together to prevent it.

I consider myself to be not the most rational person here. I would, however, rather prevent continued hostility than run off players I like in LaF. My goal would never be to ab fs laf until its members quit. I wouldn't want that to happen and if anyone were to do that to them I'd likely be on the other side getting a pro laf crew together despite my feelings on the tag.

And that's why stones is the great equalizer. They support the right side, and attempt to eliminate the bully. That's why they've been on both sides of fighting elders.

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 29th 2018, 18:59:37

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Either way I dont care about anything that LaF did prior to 2017.

You really should. LaF's been "voiding" pacts whenever it's expedient for them to do so for at least half a decade. The only thing that's changed this time is that LaF actually gave a warning about the pact being voided before FSing the other alliance. And now there's like 300 countries left in the Alliance server. The era of text-based browser games is long past, and the decline of players in this game has always been inevitable. However, I do believe that LaF's policies and alliances who play and/or played like LaF in the past has hastened the decline.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2018, 19:13:19

We need a meme of Vic's face that says "Declares pacts voided" on the top and "calls those that believe him pact breakers" on the bottom. I expect this done within 2 hours. Annnnd go.