Verified:

Greaps Game profile

Sep 11th 2016, 13:33:43

I think more risk for pumping jets the last day and retalling hit from days ago is needed. If the rule was 2-3 hits opens up all attack options, people would have to calculate if they should or shouldn't retal 1:1, or do more..

The same people who play risky and like to multi-tap will still be liable to being killed later, but those just net gaining, making single taps, or even double taps ( although new etiquette would decide if that's wise or now) regain a little leverage. And the late game changes some. More attacking is encouraged.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 11th 2016, 13:48:44

2 hits do open all attacks.
Just shut up and have another beer

Marshal Game profile

Sep 11th 2016, 14:53:31

why more attacking is encouraged?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Greaps Game profile

Sep 12th 2016, 0:20:23

It might just be my opinion, but it creates a stagnant, unhealthy environment for the real players when the game culture is to not hit real players since they will get a "free" retal at a much much much later and more costly date. It encourages people to just avoid humans and farm bots. While I know allowing more attacks exchanged without accessing special attacks will not solve bot farming, I think It may encourage more player verse player interactions.

drkprinc Game profile

Sep 12th 2016, 0:25:27

Originally posted by Greaps:
It might just be my opinion, but it creates a stagnant, unhealthy environment for the real players when the game culture is to not hit real players since they will get a "free" retal at a much much much later and more costly date. It encourages people to just avoid humans and farm bots. While I know allowing more attacks exchanged without accessing special attacks will not solve bot farming, I think It may encourage more player verse player interactions.

its not a free retal, the other player has the option to hit back again and there are those that do and can protect themselves from being killed while doing so its all about risk, do you want to possibly throw your set away or shrug it off and move on.

also express is a weekly server so most won't care and wreck someone for breaking GDI on them then try again next week and hope no idiots come around.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Greaps Game profile

Sep 12th 2016, 0:59:25

2 attacks opening up full war- suicider potential in my opinion seems like to littl agression, increase it to 4+ hits for instance, and people will be forced to consider whether or not to attack more than once or if they want to retal harder or not.

Instead of 1:1 retals, we might see more combinations of how people handle attacks made on them. I know that late game retals are generally jet pumped planned strikes and generally made just because they count on 1:1 and or else full war. Jet pumping wouldn't be as safe if you can just be retaled back again. It just makes the exchange more thoughful, rather than 1 hit and done.

clintonista Game profile

Sep 15th 2016, 1:18:42

In the six years that this GDI has been around people have developed a sense of entitlement to carry light defense knowing they will be hit only once. That sense of entitlement is so strong that double tapping is seen is a good and sufficient excuse to suicide. I would be in favor of anything to restore some of the strategy to the game so we are not just playing a digital form of monopoly but of some semblance of war gaining game.

I agree with greaps

drkprinc Game profile

Sep 15th 2016, 4:44:17

lol if you retal me and don't carry enough defense to keep it I will RoR as many PS as I can break.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Kingme Game profile

Sep 26th 2016, 3:51:15

Originally posted by clintonista:
In the six years that this GDI has been around people have developed a sense of entitlement to carry light defense knowing they will be hit only once. That sense of entitlement is so strong that double tapping is seen is a good and sufficient excuse to suicide. I would be in favor of anything to restore some of the strategy to the game so we are not just playing a digital form of monopoly but of some semblance of war gaining game.

I agree with greaps

Little defense entitlement, as you called it, has been around far longer than when GDI changed. I think allowing one more hit would be fair. I actually enjoyed not having bots this set. Anything that encourages more skilled play is fine in my book.

Xninja Game profile

Sep 30th 2016, 12:02:42

How is farming bots and making a 50m NW finish unskilled?......

If it really is so easy wouldn't the entire T10 be 50m NW finishing bot farmers? To my knowledge this has not happened yet.

I always run an industrial start up in express to not run thin on military even under GDI protection.

Raise the allowed hits to break GDI and you may see a slight change. Though I dont think it's change would fix what your anticipating it to fix.

Wouldn't people still have the option to pump jets and take the minimal retals to maintain GDI status. You would just change 1:1 retals for 3:3 or 4:4 depending on the increase made.

Edited By: Xninja on Sep 30th 2016, 12:14:56
See Original Post
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email: