Verified:

Angel1 Game profile

Sep 11th 2016, 0:34:20

Bristol Motor Speedway is ~113 miles from the University of Tennessee (Knoxville) and ~112 miles from Virginia Tech University. Twenty days ago, the speedway began a 19 day transformation from NASCAR short track racing to America college football stadium. They raised the infield 3 feet, in several layers of various materials including, stone, sand, rubber, and astroturf. Today, 153,000 fans will pack the stadium in the most attended game in college football history.

Let's all admit that 153,000 fans watching a football game on a field that was raised 3 feet in 19 days is impressive. The irony of this is that a stadium which bills itself as "The fastest half mile" is playing host to a sport which bills itself as four 15 minute quarters + halftime played over the course of 2-4 hours + overtime (if required).

You're welcome.
-Angel1

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 11th 2016, 0:59:12

Football is still #1 world wide, it's why we have World Cup every 4 years, thanks for playing though...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Angel1 Game profile

Sep 11th 2016, 1:17:50

Not to point out the obvious or anything, but...I didn't say that American Football was more popular than Association Football. I didn't even say that NASCAR was more popular/better than F-1.

In fact, all I pointed out was the logistical challenge that was completed for this event to take place and the irony of this event.

So, if you were showing up for a game to play or something, I think you drove to the wrong stadium.

That being said, thank you for stopping by.
-Angel1

mrford Game profile

Sep 11th 2016, 1:29:53

NASCAR is the largest spectator sport though. For what it is worth.

200K drunk rednecks having a good time is something everyone should experience. The race is just a bonus.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 11th 2016, 1:30:33

Well then...thanks for the 411 :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 11th 2016, 1:34:17

Originally posted by mrford:
NASCAR is the largest spectator sport though. For what it is worth.

200K drunk rednecks having a good time is something everyone should experience. The race is just a bonus.

I haven't watched a single race since Dale's last one....let alone been to any....it's in my to do list though, Daytona is my choice venue ;-)
(•_•)

mrford Game profile

Sep 11th 2016, 1:44:27

My boy Mark Martin retired so I lost interest for a bit, but I started following Denny Hamlin recently because of his ties to the Hornets, and I have started paying attention again. Just like any sport, you need to have skin in the game for it to be interesting.

I still make it to at least the 600 every year. 17 in a row and counting.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 11th 2016, 2:08:19

One of the perks of living in the South :-)
(•_•)