Verified:

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2016, 0:17:44

Can someone explain why posting a player's spy ops is being allowed on TEAM's forums?

Elvesrus (TEAM) moderator seems to believe it's ok.

Can we get Tella back?

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 28th 2016, 0:21:02
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2016, 0:23:21

Originally posted by elvesrus:
Originally posted by clintonista:
ok moderator

it is against the rules to reveal the results of spy ops on the forum
that rule is clearly spelled out in the rules of the forum

both mrford and thunder have revealed the results of their spy ops show that we have rainbow countries

immediate deletion of their countries is for the good of the game to prevent future instances of revealing spy op results on the forum

countries wouldn't get deleted even if they posted current ops for everyone on the server

elvesrus

Feb 28th 2016, 1:01:25

pointing in the direction of the post tends to help, but that statement is 100% true.

forum actions have forum repercussions
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2016, 1:51:26

The forum rules clearly state you cannot post SPY OPS.
http://earthempires.com/...-conduct-333?t=1456618260

If you're not going to enforce it, then at least update the rules to reflect it.

I like how you found time to delete my post on TEAM but not the violating post. You could have easily deleted the post & told Ford not to do it again, instead you post a statement encouraging the violating behavior.

You have yet to make a statement on TEAM forums condemning the action; but, as I've said in threads before you became a mod, your favoritism towards certain players affects your ability to be an unbiased moderator.

I'd rather have a police officer who shows up late & enforces the rules fairly than one who gets there on time watching the crime happen & does nothing.

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 28th 2016, 2:02:08

elvesrus

Feb 28th 2016, 2:07:06

I didn't see what you have been referring to. How can I condemn what I haven't seen?

pointing in the direction of the post tends to help

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2016, 3:38:56

Same thread in which Ford gave you high 5 for doing nothing.

Right after your post:

Originally posted by mrford:
Thanks elves. I will paypal you that $20 tomorrow!

You know exactly where the thread is. You managed to reply to Clintonista's post who reported it. Now you suddenly you have amnesia.

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 28th 2016, 3:43:10

elvesrus

Feb 28th 2016, 3:46:14

nobody reported the post itself. show me where it is because I must have missed the SPECIFIC post

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2016, 3:49:31

Look @ the post you responded to dude.

It doesn't get any clearer than that. Even your response completely contradicts the forum rules.

http://earthempires.com/...lans-changed-38948#710684

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2016, 3:52:51

And your post is here:

http://earthempires.com/...ns-changed-38948/2#711200

Though you'll probably edit it.

elvesrus

Feb 28th 2016, 3:52:56

you mean the one saying that breaking the forum rules does not result in a deleted country? nowhere in the rules does it mention in game punishment for forum violations.

btw, look at that post again and realize how easy this could have all been by including that last bit in the first place.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2016, 3:56:20

I'm not asking for in game punishment. I never have. I'm asking you condem and not encourage rule violations. And if it's ok to post SPY OPS., then update forum rules.

elvesrus

Feb 28th 2016, 4:00:48

reading comprehension...

did you even read the post I was directly responding to?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2016, 4:05:39

So let me see if I understand what you're saying.

You took the time to correct Clintonista's request on forums, but you didnt and still haven't taken the time to correct Ford's violating post.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2016, 4:07:22

The person who actually did something wrong receives nothing but the person reporting gets corrected--- yeah I'm comprehending just fine.

elvesrus

Feb 28th 2016, 4:09:27

if you want to believe that, then so be it

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2016, 4:16:43

And now you strategically move the thread from suggestions to TEAM. Haha.

elvesrus

Feb 28th 2016, 4:17:45

because the other real alternative was to nuke the whole thing with the way it was going

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2016, 4:19:36

Yeah-- because this thread is far more degenerating than all the other threads. Nuke the self-embarrassment.

mrford Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 4:19:41

Celphi is not good at making friends

Diplomacy man, learn it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 4:24:11

Also, the op was of a dead country. And only to prove it was not a netting country. Context.

That rule was to prevent people for asking for help with kills or giving out info on people they have a beef with. None of that applies here.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

elvesrus

Feb 28th 2016, 4:37:27

I'd still rather err on the side of caution.

clintonista Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 5:20:33

pointing in the direction of the post tends to help, but that statement is 100% true.

forum actions do not have forum repercussions when the moderator will not take action.

this was a clear rules violation, no one disputes that. It is not caution to allow deliberate knowing voluntary rules violations by people with long histories of violating the rules. That is enabling.

Please explain why it is erring on the side of caution to let a serial cheater cheat once more?

There is no exception in the forum rules for posting the spy op on a dead country, the moderator is creating an exception. Probably because he is a friend or some other bias because no objective moderator would allow this.

Link Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 5:21:32

i dont get how posting the op of a dead country violates rules?

i dont have a horse in this race but i honestly dont get the beef.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

mrford Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 5:22:54

Originally posted by clintonista:

forum actions do not have forum repercussions when the moderator will not take action.

this was a clear rules violation, no one disputes that. It is not caution to allow deliberate knowing voluntary rules violations by people with long histories of violating the rules. That is enabling.

Please explain why it is erring on the side of caution to let a serial cheater cheat once more?

There is no exception in the forum rules for posting the spy op on a dead country, the moderator is creating an exception. Probably because he is a friend or some other bias because no objective moderator would allow this.

Your definition of "no one disputes that" is pretty liberal. And by liberal, I mean bullfluff.

I would also like you to post my long history of violating the rules. I would be interested in your months long history view of my breaking the rules. Your love of hyperbole in lieu of facts doesn't help your point. I have never been deleted, banned, or forced to change my nick to be taken seriously.

You are so full of fluff, and wonder why no one takes you seriously.

Edited By: mrford on Feb 28th 2016, 6:18:47
Swagger of a Chupacabra

elvesrus

Feb 28th 2016, 5:24:21

did either of you think to check said post recently?

compare a certain time stamp to celphi's post with the link

mrford Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 5:25:14

Also, learn how to use a fluffing comma. Your posts are giving me cancer asshole.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 5:27:53

did either of you think to check said post recently?

compare a certain time stamp to celphi's post with the link

You caved to terrorists. You are no better than they are.

You gave them the only victory that they were so.desperately clawing for. Shame on you.

An op of a dead country does nothing.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Dissident Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 6:12:03

Breaking of the forum rules can result in your thread/post being edited or deleted. Breaking forum rules multiple times in a short amount of time could turn into a forum ban. You will be banned for an X period of time which will be decided upon by the moderator team

mrford Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 6:17:10

Dissident used logic

it was super inneffective
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Dissident Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 6:19:08

Id like to see more mod action on these rules... lol

-Be respectful at all times. 
-MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL!! INCASE OF DOUBT THE BOARDMODS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT. 
-Please note that posts can also be deleted by the intention of the post even if the posts not breaks any of the above mentioned rules.
-Don't be a pest (this includes such things as topping ancient posts for spamming or other reasons

Link Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 6:21:51

Dissident used logic

it was super inneffective

LMAO
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

mrford Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 6:25:09

Originally posted by Dissident:

-Please note that posts can also be deleted by the intention of the post even if the posts not breaks any of the above mentioned rules.
-Don't be a pest (this includes such things as topping ancient posts for spamming or other reasons

your mother wears combat boots
ELVES HAS NEVER BEEN RIGHT IN HIS LIFE!
the editing of my post is almost as bad as hitler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

done.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

GeneralofRome Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 6:25:43

Country was dead who cares...pull your panties out of your asscrack and play the damn game. Hope some of you aren't married because you'd probably end up being stabbed by your wife if you fluff and moan this much in your personal life

Link Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 6:27:31

LOL
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

elvesrus

Feb 28th 2016, 6:29:43

Originally posted by Dissident:

your mother wears combat boots
ELVES HAS NEVER BEEN RIGHT IN HIS LIFE!
the editing of my post is almost as bad as hitler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

done.

http://pastebin.com/GqdUAsRU

mrford Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 6:31:57

the internet is cray cray man
Swagger of a Chupacabra

SuperFly Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 6:59:30

more like some people on the internet are cray cray, insane in the membrane or even type A assh0les

Link Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 7:14:22

all of the above
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Thunder Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 7:29:57

Sir Celphi CryALot
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

clintonista Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 10:16:50

Moderator,

I appreciate your willingness to be a volunteer for a thankless job. You volunteered to help the game and now you are caught in the middle of a discussion with lots of heat and little light. People are upset and angry and the game is being hurt. I also understand that you have not been given the tools to handle disputes in a transparent process. Process is often as important as result because everyone feels that their side was heard. As one who has adjudicated similar disputes countless times in different forums, I would like to suggest the following approach.

First make a finding of fact.
Next determine which if any rules apply to those facts.
Next determine whether the facts constitute a violation of the relevant rules.
If and only if you determine the facts constitute a rules violation then weigh the aggravating and mitigating circumstances.

Publish your finding of fact, your rules determination, your weighing of the aggravating and mitigating factors.

In this case, the facts are not in dispute. mrford posted a spy op of a dead country.
Also the rules are clear and concise. It is illegal to post spy ops.
Check to determine if there is an exception to the rules saying that it is fine to post ops of dead countries.
I see no such exception.

The difficulty in this case lies in weighing the aggravating and mitigating factors.
Even though the fact that the spy op is not a defense to this conduct it might be a mitigating factor. The mitigation is diminished by the fact that the spy op was a good look at the restart which mirrors the dead country. Also in mitigation mrford has been a long time player. Also in mitigation he posts on the forum constantly.
In aggravation, he insults players relentlessly, he insults moderators and the game's founders on a regular basis, he makes frequent references to gay sex and excrement, and his history is well known.

If you then post your decision, not everyone will be happy but everyone will at least feel that they were heard.

Link Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 11:32:11

Oh stfu already
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Link Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 11:32:51

This server has seen truly garbage mods before lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

tellarion Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 12:01:29

Posting ingame info about someone else's country that can only be gained from spending turns(ie spy ops) are not allowed. We won't delete your country for that, but you'll get a warning and be banned if you continue to do it.

Link Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 12:10:08

A dead country?
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

mrford Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 14:33:16

Tella is the worst mod this game has ever seen.

His affirmation means nothing. And he is definitely not unbiased.

Edited By: mrford on Feb 28th 2016, 14:37:36
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Scott Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 15:23:15

Originally posted by Thunder:
Sir Celphi CryALot

This

SuperFly Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 15:29:41

Hi Tella!

Congrat clintonista on finally using paragraphs :)

Scott Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 15:34:06

Tella is the worst mod this game has ever seen.

His affirmation means nothing. And he is definitely not unbiased.

When your name is "Tella, the camel fluff smella"...

archaic Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 15:51:35

Celphi is bored, nobody has said his name in a while.

Now that he has mastered chess, all he has to live for is mastering the Team Talk forums.

Doxing people did not result in a country deletion for celphi, but posting dead country ops does? lol

He's just mad that we like elves more than we like him. TBH celphi, we like dysentery more than we like you.

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Scott Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 15:59:41

Originally posted by archaic:
Celphi is bored, nobody has said his name in a while.

Now that he has mastered chess, all he has to live for is mastering the Team Talk forums.

Doxing people did not result in a country deletion for celphi, but posting dead country ops does? lol

He's just mad that we like elves more than we like him. TBH celphi, we like dysentery more than we like you.

Most people would rather jam a sword fish in their ass before they would talk to cellphi.