Verified:

NukEvil Game profile

Sep 26th 2010, 19:03:50

I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Pain Game profile

Sep 26th 2010, 19:22:00

he hit that one of the head pretty well lol.
Your mother is a nice woman

Marshal Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 0:16:34

Pain means BigDog? Yea he is smart guy.

He was right about multies, they provided land and no multies like at former EC (not that it was totally multi-free) and current Alliance Alliances hit others more and start wars or hit same tgts (those few who are untagged) as others and get crappy returns but don't start wars.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 27th 2010, 5:06:27

Wow he seen the future

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 5:26:42

He didn't really see the future... it was already happening when he wrote that. In 2006, a lot of RD was leaving the game and a lot of land farms were disappearing.

Though he didn't predict that all-x strats would come into vogue... which was the larger in game change that happened as a result of multies leaving the game.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

dustfp Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 7:40:09

I like koon's thoughts about self-retals :p
I think the game would benefit if all alliances moved to a country:country retal system for single hits, with multiple hits open to alliance-wide retals.
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

Thomas Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 7:50:08

Country:Country would never work. You would find alliances that did follow that retal system losing members quite easily once members were fed up with being hit regularly and unable to retal, or retal other hits made on other members. If a 20M NW country hits a 5M NW country, that country would have to blow a lot of stock to even try to get the land back. It would be taken advantage of to the point that the members losing the land would go elsewhere where they could be protected.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 27th 2010, 8:21:02

if u went to country:country u might as well remove the tag, the whole point of a tag was to protect each other
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 8:49:06

While there was a time when tag-wide retals were unacceptable (I think it was IX who fought a couple wars to bring them in), there's no way they'll be leaving the game.

You can only change policies to something that offer an advantage. If a major alliance tried to enforce C:C retals, no one else would even need to fight them over it. They could all follow C:C retals with that alliance and it wouldn't matter -- because there's no way said alliance would netgain as well as alliances following current retal policy.

How many crappy netting resets is a major alliance going to suffer before changing their policies back?

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Pain Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 8:54:48

thomas and fooglmog hit it on the head about C:C.

it will never work. someone may try it but i forsee them dying over and over at the hands of more then 1 tag
Your mother is a nice woman

dustfp Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 9:19:01

the only way it would be possible would be if all alliances adopted it at the same time, that's for sure

"if u went to country:country u might as well remove the tag, the whole point of a tag was to protect each other"

the tag would protect you from multiple hits from the same clan/country
and the grabbing power of a tag would probably be a deterrent, as clans could go into grabbing pseudo-wars without breaking policies

just an idea anyway... i think it would certainly be interesting
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

gwagers Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 12:57:06

If C:C were applied in the way suggested, the larger countries would simply cherry-pick a single, small target from every clan. More likely than not, the hitting clans are all going to find the same target. Now you have a single country that's required by this policy to retal however-many hits on its own, while its larger teammates simply climb the ladder to the top 10.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Patience Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 14:50:25

Wow.

'They'll adapt and "complain" a lot and either fold or merge.'

Smart doggy. ;)
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

NukEvil Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 15:18:35

What's kinda interesting is that he had Elysium in the 'mega' alliance category...and now they're the ones being farmed/killed as per his 'prediction'...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 18:39:46

NA had at its peak over twice current members and that isn't as far as Ely's peak at members.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 27th 2010, 18:48:47

ya ely was pretty big back in the day
Finally did the signature thing.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 18:54:05

and rage et co had years ago several hundred members.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 27th 2010, 18:57:27

i remember 550 in rage that was a little nuts
Finally did the signature thing.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 27th 2010, 19:01:31

but I believe that was during the era when several hundred were multies, be it known to leadership or not :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 27th 2010, 19:33:09

1A had 20,000 countries and 5000 players?:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Sep 27th 2010, 22:44:07

Turtle Crawler
Patron Jul 16th, 2006 1:07
When orkin says your a cheater apologist b/c your using their same arguments, hes really saying that your saying the same things that i said to him when we discussed this exact problem earler. he can call it a "cheater apologist" argument or whatever, but it doesn't make it any less true.

1. Removing NW ratios from landgrabing gains is crucial to large countries hiting each other.

2. without it multies are crucial to having enough land to grab and a fun enviornment for people to play

so

3. if its just like limited without untaggeds you won't have anymore people playing than say... limited.

And it will fail.

People can say whatever they want, but it wasn't a player decision for alliances to not grab each other, it was a decision made by mehul and can only be reversed by mehul. In the end everything is dictated by the rules and formuli that mehul puts into the game, whether he or anyone else knows or takes credit for it or not.
This is where I see us heading

Marshal Game profile

Sep 28th 2010, 19:05:42

2003: 12-14k countries

2010: under 1k