Verified:

Trife Game profile

Dec 17th 2015, 16:02:51

The Aluminum Falcon violates the neutral zone and as a result is destroyed by a runabout. Sisqo, Janeway, Archer and Picard have a sexy party in celebration.

Reginald Barclay then spends alot of time in his holodeck program that involves Seven of Nine.

Data, C3PO and R2D2 have kinky robot seks.

Chakotay gets his dumb tattoo laser removed.

Trife Game profile

Dec 17th 2015, 16:04:08

Best part of the movie was when spock gave the shocker sign with his hands and then said "may the force be with you, bro"

Han Solo then popped up and screamed 'IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM'

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2015, 16:40:20

Trife's spin-off !

Capt. Montgomery 'Scotty' Scott : "She is one well-endowed lady. I'd like to get my hands on her "ample nacelles," if you pardon the engineering parlance."

Edited By: Akula on Dec 17th 2015, 16:42:34
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Trife Game profile

Dec 17th 2015, 16:50:08

i'd stick my plasmadyne relay all up in your warp core - geordi

Ruthie

Dec 17th 2015, 17:55:49

awesome, now I don't have to rush to see it! :P
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

archaic Game profile

Dec 17th 2015, 20:14:41

It turns out that Luke has two hearts.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

henrik Game profile

Dec 17th 2015, 22:55:53

I saw it at the cinema now :) It was great! Way way better than Trife's version!

mrford Game profile

Dec 18th 2015, 5:53:49

Just got out of the theater. fluff in loved it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Viceroy Game profile

Dec 18th 2015, 8:12:07

Confirmed. It was fantabulous. My inner fanboy is still squealing with delight.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Steeps Game profile

Dec 18th 2015, 10:47:25

Did they release the same film over here? Good film but let down by some of the plot/acting of originals/writing. Better than Ep1, can't really judge it properly until Ep8 is released.

mrford Game profile

Dec 18th 2015, 15:28:33

quit analyzing fluff so much and just enjoy it.

stop putting the fluff on a pedestal. they brought star wars back, plan on making a ton of episodes, and it didnt suck at all.

fluffin A man. some of you can never be pleased!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ninong Game profile

Dec 19th 2015, 3:05:16

jar jar finally dies
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Steeps Game profile

Dec 19th 2015, 14:06:56

Considering the hype and reviews coming out, it was a let down story wise, but then again that is probably to be expected having JJA (A close relation to JJBinks) at the helm after what he did to the ST: Into Darkness film.

At the start of the Star Wars films you get the rolling text, this sets the scene. Who's who, what the plan is etc... characters are then introduced and developed to give the story and you enjoy the action. In this one once it gets going you are CONSTANTLY reminded who's who through some really bad and awkward dialogue and the key plot point is mentioned so many times, why can't they just get on with it!

Again JJA has basically done what he did with ST:ID and applied it to the Star Wars universe. All that budget and talent available and they couldn't come up with something original. It's made me appreciate EP 2 and 3 more because at least Lucas tried to expand the universe.

mrford Game profile

Dec 19th 2015, 16:05:39

You don't deserve star wars.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Steeps Game profile

Dec 19th 2015, 16:12:31

Star Wars deserved better. I'm not saying it's a bad film but they had an opportunity to make it so much more than it was. Barely any original ideas or expansion of the universe.

mrford Game profile

Dec 19th 2015, 17:13:50

stop putting the fluff on a pedestal. every movie cant be the best movie ever. enjoy it or fluff off imo. you are worse than movie critics. a stick so far up your ass you can never be satisfied.

hardly any expansion of the universe? this was the first movie in forever. they are getting back into the swing of things, and nostalgia was the strongest draw. you want a completely new story line? not everyone is on nerd alert like you are. be fluffing patient lol.

Swagger of a Chupacabra

dex Game profile

Dec 19th 2015, 18:19:41

It's a really good movie actually.

I consider myself a pretty big fan, but some of the others have a whole comlplex about the films.

Does it echo a lot of the original trilogy ? YES
is there fan-service because we have returning characters from the OT? YES
is the plot going to blow your mind inception style? NO
is there a twist that hopefully wasn't spoiled for you? YES
is it a good movie? YES

That's all to it. One thing about The Force Awakens. Lately, with Disney's MARVEL universe movies and the cornucopia of super-hero slap fests, I was growing tired of the 'blockbuster' look. You know it. The hyper jagged up glowy , chrome CGI fluff and crisp HD explosions with fluff flying all over the screen.

The Force Awakens actually doesn't try to top any of that. There's certainly a lot of stuff exploding and CG as Star Wars practically invented what it means to be a blockbuster, but it follows Star Wars rules. This is why The Force Awakens looks like a natural progression from Return of the Jedi, rather than the 7th Star Wars movie after those 3 prequels that in retrospect, pionerred the modern soul-less CGI-heavy 'look'

Steeps Game profile

Dec 19th 2015, 19:16:54

The easiest way to describe this film is a re-hashed Star Trek: Into Darkness, where we take exactly the same story plots from Ep 456, change little details.

As there's a spoiler tag already in the title I have no issue with posting this:
*naughty steeps*

It is a good film yes, but it felt more like a reboot than a new film with fresh ideas.

Edited By: elvesrus on Dec 21st 2015, 2:55:16. Reason: spoilers

mrford Game profile

Dec 19th 2015, 19:19:43

the spoiler tag in the title is a joke spoiler tag.

dont be that guy.

and it literally is a reboot film. by definition. stop complaining about the first offering like it is anything other than what it is. you are just being greedy. be happy star wars is back dude. and that it doesnt suck.

be happy that it is breaking all the records and it retty much insures that the franchise wont be going anywhere anytime soon. this is all good news. the fact that your nerdgasm was blue balled by unrealistic expectations is your problem and your problem alone.

Edited By: mrford on Dec 19th 2015, 19:23:33
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Steeps Game profile

Dec 19th 2015, 20:55:05

I would hardly call it a nerdgasm, I don't know the universe and only seen the other films a couple of times, only recently re-watched so I could get in the spirit which I do with every new film release in a franchise. If I wanted to be all nerdy I'd be going into little crappy details like why did it take Solo so long to find the MF, but then has to ditch it at the first sensible planet because it's an easy ship to track, how someone can master the force in 3 days when they thought it was just a story, when those with proper training take years. Chewie going absolutely nuts when Solo is frozen in carbonite in ep5 but it's fighting as usual in the last battle as if nothing serious had happened... but the evil guy destroys consoles when someone forgot to put a dirty bowl in the dishwasher.

Even the 10/10 reviews are saying the same. 1st review I saw on IMDB:
"The only partial negative aspect is its somewhat lack of originality, it acts more as an homage to 'A New Hope' than an original tale. But if you overthink points like this when viewing it, you won't enjoy it"

How can it be a 10/10 film when it's the same story? It feels like Avatar, beautiful film and really well shot, broke records on release... yet we've been given nothing new story wise! Lucas kept tinkering with the original trilogy adding effects, more scenes, tweaking bits here and there and re-releasing the DVD's fluffing off fans in the process. "Leave the trilogy alone it was a masterpiece"... yet we've just been fed pretty much the same story and as it has a 7 on the box instead of a 4... "wow totally amazing best thing ever!"

Still gets a 7/10 from me as I did enjoy it and I will probably see it again over the christmas holiday as it genuinely felt like a Star Wars film (adding to the box office success), but there was so much more that could have been done to make it a better film than re-hashing what's already happened. It's not my problem alone as there are many review sites and forums discussing exactly the same thing. It's probably the first time I've finished watching a sold out IMAX film where people couldn't wait to leave to stretch legs/go for a pee rather than loiter in the isles with a look of amaze on their face after watching what should have been the best film of the year.

Hoping this will be the "ep1" of the new series of films coming out. Keep this standard of pace and effect but get some writers please.

mrford Game profile

Dec 19th 2015, 20:57:14

you will never be happy.

But if you overthink points like this when viewing it, you won't enjoy it
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Steeps Game profile

Dec 19th 2015, 21:10:11

I've seen about 50 films at the cinema this year and would only say 3-4 of them were better than this, just saying it would have been nice if they'd written an original story like 123 tried to do.

TAN Game profile

Dec 20th 2015, 4:02:48

The villain Kylo Ren is Dumbledore, and is killed by Spock.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

dex Game profile

Dec 20th 2015, 5:32:27

I knew it! Khan also has a cameo too.

JJ and his retconning

MauricXe Game profile

Dec 20th 2015, 15:21:29

meh...I give it a 7/10

Thunder Game profile

Dec 21st 2015, 12:02:04

I absolutely loved the movie.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Trife Game profile

Dec 21st 2015, 15:41:21

Originally posted by dex:
I knew it! Khan also has a cameo too.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by TAN:
The villain Kylo Ren is Dumbledore, and is killed by Spock.

yes

dex Game profile

Dec 21st 2015, 16:41:47

So it made like 250m in North America alone thursday to Sunday. Much higher than Disney's own predictions.

I booked a 3D dbox showing this weekend on saturday and the theatre I book on Is like 60% full. 7 days out.

I feel like this will have a 130m plus Xmas weekend. Insane