Verified:

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2015, 15:23:42

How does the world solve the middle-eastern problem?

This is an area of the world that seems to have vast riches in resources and wealth, thanks largely to the petroleum industry, but it appears to be one of the poorest places on earth, the people are malnourished, poorly educated, and illiterate for the most part, but a few of them, dress in fancy and expensive clothes, build huge buildings to honor themselves, and are so rich that they believe that they can get away with anything (and so far they have been doing so).

Unfortunately, throughout history, these folks have been ruled by a monarch, or a dictator, or even perhaps a tribal chief for the vast majority of their history, and I'm not sure they are ready for constitutional democracy at all. They apparently would rather have a dictator, or King in charge, and that seems to be a cultural issue.

Human rights don't exist there, and are rapidly failing here, so, what to do, what to do?

I'm open for any and all suggestions, comments and ideas, perhaps one of you idiots that post here like I do can have a serious thought that makes the world change. Anything can happen, right?

Except for Heston, who's posting diminish the average intelligence around here by a factor of 5.

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

braden Game profile

Nov 17th 2015, 15:33:21

send them all to their corners for a time out, and if they continue threaten to turn this car right around, and if they continue further send them to bed without supper.

elvesrus

Nov 17th 2015, 15:46:02

Consider this a fair warning to keep it clean.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

DruncK Game profile

Nov 17th 2015, 16:03:51

Turn them on each other, convert one Sect to atheism/Catholicism and enjoy the show.

Trife Game profile

Nov 17th 2015, 16:17:29

DruncK Game profile

Nov 17th 2015, 16:24:13

mrford Game profile

Nov 17th 2015, 16:55:56

Originally posted by DruncK:
Turn them on each other, convert one Sect to atheism/Catholicism and enjoy the show.

you apparently havnt been watching the news where the Christians are being ran out of their towns and murdered on sight. the Yazidis too.

the shia and sunis are both Muslims, and they have been killing each other forever. it is the driving force between their inability to team up and fight ISIS. it is the source of the proxy wars being fought. it is why the new Iraq government was never fully supported.

Edited By: mrford on Nov 17th 2015, 16:58:21
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

TAN Game profile

Nov 17th 2015, 17:12:03

Originally posted by elvesrus:
Consider this a fair warning to keep it clean.

*wees on elvesrus*
FREEEEEDOM!!!

archaic Game profile

Nov 17th 2015, 17:29:45

Originally posted by Cerberus:

This is an area of the world that seems to have vast riches in resources and wealth, thanks largely to the petroleum industry, but it appears to be one of the poorest places on earth, the people are malnourished, poorly educated, and illiterate for the most part, but a few of them, dress in fancy and expensive clothes, build huge buildings to honor themselves, and are so rich that they believe that they can get away with anything (and so far they have been doing so).

Wait wut . . .Texas, right?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Heston Game profile

Nov 17th 2015, 18:11:39

This is an area of the world that seems to have vast riches in resources and wealth, but it appears to be one of the poorest places on earth, the people are malnourished, poorly educated, and illiterate for the most part, but a few of them, dress in fancy and expensive clothes, build huge buildings to honor themselves, and are so rich that they believe that they can get away with anything (and so far they have been doing so).
I'm not sure they are ready for constitutional democracy at all. They apparently would rather have a dictator, or King in charge, and that seems to be a cultural issue.

perhaps one of you idiots that post here like I do can have a serious thought that makes the world change.

Except for Heston, who's posting diminish the average intelligence around here by a factor of 5.

Lollolololololololololol

Some more double talk please. How does youre intelligence scale work? A factor of 5 seems like youre just pulling this out of your ass. You know, where your opinions are formed.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2015, 19:28:26

You're right, of course, Heston, I seriously underestimated the dumbing down effect your postings have on this forum. My bad.

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Heston Game profile

Nov 17th 2015, 19:37:11

You certainly kicked of a recocd breaking thread here. Im adding substance now. The least you could do is show gratitude you thankless fluff.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Alin Game profile

Nov 17th 2015, 20:21:14

Send mrford and his weapons there. (Sorry cerb, had to say it).

1. Bombing will not solve a thing. The solution must be a ground one.
2. All the power houses must work together(this is hard to be acomplished). Papa Putin must work with Uncle Obama on this one. Together they ll solve this problem in no time.
3. If they do this just to instate their puppets in diffrent zones, than better to not do it at all.
4. Let them choose a dictator of their own. Choose a dictator is so of a funny statement but that s the reality, that society is not ready or enough evolved for democracy
5. Asist them with military, logistic and training in order to keep terrorism and war acts to a minimum, on their soil and in the world.
6. Let them enjoy their resources for their own wealth, not others wealth.
7. Eventually they ll overthrow their dictator after a decade or two.

I think the only solution is dictatorship. And moderate dictatorshipe in e rest of the zone. Until it evolves enough to be prepapred for something else.

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2015, 0:08:20

Let them do there thing...we need to figure out a way around the whole oil crap so everyone can pull forces out of everywhere, then everyone just needs to run their own countries and not everyone else's. ..

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 18th 2015, 1:07:25

Until fairly recently, the rest of the world was governed in a similar way.
in the vast majority of cases tyranny has not given up easily.

It isn't a matter of occupying and forcing change. If it is going to happen it will happen from internal rebellion (Arab spring type of moment(s)).

That is how came about everywhere else, including the United States (not too long ago really).

Vic Game profile

Nov 18th 2015, 1:14:00

Originally posted by archaic:

Wait wut . . .Texas, right?

Angel1 Game profile

Nov 18th 2015, 4:01:08

Originally posted by Alin:
1. Bombing will not solve a thing. The solution must be a ground one.
2. All the power houses must work together(this is hard to be acomplished). Papa Putin must work with Uncle Obama on this one. Together they ll solve this problem in no time.
3. If they do this just to instate their puppets in diffrent zones, than better to not do it at all.
4. Let them choose a dictator of their own. Choose a dictator is so of a funny statement but that s the reality, that society is not ready or enough evolved for democracy
5. Asist them with military, logistic and training in order to keep terrorism and war acts to a minimum, on their soil and in the world.
6. Let them enjoy their resources for their own wealth, not others wealth.
7. Eventually they ll overthrow their dictator after a decade or two.

I think the only solution is dictatorship. And moderate dictatorshipe in e rest of the zone. Until it evolves enough to be prepapred for something else.

1. I think we mostly agree here. Warplanes cannot occupy land. They can, when properly used, assist ground forces in winning and keeping land with minimal civilian casualties. Many local forces would be considerably bolstered if they had embedded US/French/UK/etc. special forces that could call in airstrikes on specific and local targets.

2. For the long term Middle Eastern situation, you are right. If the major powers decided on the right course for the Middle East to prevent the spread of terrorism, then the situation on the ground could change relatively rapidly.

That being said, President Obama needs to learn to shut up. No red lines and no saying that Assad must go unless you actually mean it. President Obama cannot easily walk back the idea that Assad cannot be part of the solution. Maybe a new president, especially if it wasn't Hillary Clinton, could say that Obama was an idiot on this issue. Maybe a new president could hand Assad's future back to the Syrian people. Maybe a new president could say that it was the Syrian people's decision whether Assad can stay or must go. On the other hand, Obama's credibility may be zero anyway, so what difference does walking this back make anyway.

3. Agreed, provided that we've agreed on the divide so as not to turn our respective puppets on each other.

4. At the very least, a strongman or institution needs to exist (see the Egyptian Army)

5. Agreed, but don't delay with fighting support if the situation calls for it. Again, it's a confidence booster for local forces to know that a better trained and bigger force has their backs if they really need it. Better that they learn from assisted wins, then that their forces be starved of recruits because they lost and many local soldiers died.

6. Any resources that foreign powers hold should be held for the benefit of the people. The resources should be accounted for and audited by other foreign powers to give the local people confidence that their resources are not being stolen. One more thing, no taking the costs of transparency from the resources being moved/sold on behalf of the people; the only people that should be paid from the local resources being moved/accounted for should be local people hired to aid in the process (because they will spend their money in the local economy).

7. Or if chosen carefully, the dictator may choose to ride into the sunset and relinquish power all on their own. Not likely, but at least if the puppet has shut down the schools of terrorism and carefully suppressed these negative elements, then the people could be ready for civil democracy. All this is pinned on the major powers being able/willing to go in (with progressively smaller and fewer) operations to do what they have to do.

Ultimately, while we must show that being involved with ISIS and ISIS-like groups is very a bad idea, the outside world cannot create peaceful, civil democracies in the Middle East. Jordanians, Syrians, Kurds, and others must do this for themselves. They would benefit from the US/Russia/China/etc. making it clear that those people who export terrorism will be hunted to the ends of the Earth, but they must move forward one individual person at a time. The peace that exists in much of Europe has come only after Europeans were ready for peace. Democratic/Parliamentary government came to Europe only when Europeans were ready for it. All other factors aside, if the hearts of the people are set on fighting, you can only hope to contain the fighting.
-Angel1

Alin Game profile

Nov 18th 2015, 6:34:26

6. Any resources that foreign powers hold should be held for the benefit of the people. The resources should be accounted for and audited by other foreign powers to give the local people confidence that their resources are not being stolen. One more thing, no taking the costs of transparency from the resources being moved/sold on behalf of the people; the only people that should be paid from the local resources being moved/accounted for should be local people hired to aid in the process (because they will spend their money in the local economy).

This point is extremely hard to instate because of corruption and money power. I know how corruption works much better than a lot of people in this community. I ve seen it with my own eyes and i am not talking TV news or media here. It is extremely difficult because in our society, every person has it`s own price. I imagine things would be/are worse in middle east - regarding corruption.

Overall is not an easy job. But the modern society has the means to solve it. Maybe not 100% - but even 50% is a good outcome ( at this point ).

Tokyousr Game profile

Nov 18th 2015, 9:59:24

The simple answer is there is no simple answer.

ISIS belives that all religions who agree with democracy have to die, how the hell can you counter that...

They hide behind civilians like cowards. and the more innocent civilians that get killed, their brother/sister/mom/dad/friends/relatives have a higher chance in joining them...

Syria has a population of roughly 25million, and 1/5th of the population have fled the country.. the others that remain are human shields for ISIS...

arthog Game profile

Nov 18th 2015, 10:26:54

i think the solution is for western countries to expel muslims

Angel1 Game profile

Nov 18th 2015, 13:58:06

Originally posted by Alin:

This point is extremely hard to instate because of corruption and money power. I know how corruption works much better than a lot of people in this community. I ve seen it with my own eyes and i am not talking TV news or media here. It is extremely difficult because in our society, every person has it`s own price. I imagine things would be/are worse in middle east - regarding corruption.

Overall is not an easy job. But the modern society has the means to solve it. Maybe not 100% - but even 50% is a good outcome ( at this point ).

You are right. If it's not corruption with the occupied's resources, it would be corruption with the occupier's resources. Most likely it would be both. Just minimizing the loss to corruption would be a win. Transparency would be a win. If a local asks a question, they ought to be able to get an answer (they should be told what the costs of corruption have been for their resources). As you said, even 50% could help build trust at this point. Orienting control of the resources this way would be a win.
-Angel1