Verified:

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2015, 2:51:25

Is now Mob, thank you. I will be back to FA soon.
Catch me on ir c

Kat Game profile

Nov 10th 2015, 3:02:39

I approve this message

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 10th 2015, 3:09:13

F

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

elvesrus

Nov 10th 2015, 3:12:00

you cray cray
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

farmer Game profile

Nov 10th 2015, 3:15:04

gota love someone with stones

DruncK Game profile

Nov 10th 2015, 3:41:19

TTT

m0bzta Game profile

Nov 10th 2015, 5:28:47

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

Raging Budda Game profile

Nov 10th 2015, 6:02:27

that made things a bit more interesting.
Your base is mine!

DJBeif Game profile

Nov 10th 2015, 14:15:21

So is the person named "Mob" in the forums or is it the "m0bzta" that posted here? Whoever it is, please PM me regarding Evo hits...thanks much!

Vic Game profile

Nov 10th 2015, 14:25:07

if mob (I refer to m0bzta as "mob") is stones FA now, then earth empires actually has a chance :p

Lawdog Game profile

Nov 10th 2015, 14:44:11

Excellent...

Marshal Game profile

Nov 10th 2015, 15:41:21

poor m0bby.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

m0bzta Game profile

Nov 10th 2015, 17:47:43

Pm me here :(
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

Marshal Game profile

Nov 10th 2015, 20:20:33

yea m0bby needs pms.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DJBeif Game profile

Nov 11th 2015, 2:23:38

m0bby needs some info too I guess?

"From: m0bzta
12 mins ago
To: DJBeif

Explain to me what this topfeeding is when you have know def to stop these hits how is that topfeeding i call it land trading..... Also We do not Accept L:L retals If you guys would have Started out one to one retls this wouldn't have got out of hand like it has i know this game is not like it once was so you have to think of the game and the people in the game before you decide to grab them"

breeze Game profile

Nov 11th 2015, 2:51:20

Good luck mob

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 11th 2015, 2:52:50

Good luck EDge!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2015, 4:16:06

Leave my Mexican alone
Catch me on ir c

DruncK Game profile

Nov 11th 2015, 4:52:26

Tsk tsk DJ, bringing PRIVATE messages on the boards like this. It's obvious by the highschool level of grammar that the message was NOT written by a Mexican.

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2015, 5:56:03

Well he's white washed Tex Mex
Catch me on ir c

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2015, 9:09:32

topfeeding is grabbing with the intent of benefiting after a single retal, no one aims to topfeed and benefit with even a 80% l:l policy because people can screw you by doing 79% deliberately, which is fair enough since you were trying to screw them in the first place

landtrading is grabbing with the intent of both countries benefiting, how many retals isnt important, a while ago now i actually hit people with the deliberate intent of coming out roughly equal on a retal, but if they decide to pass the retal to a nw optimal mil strat tyranny you get screwed

its a mentality issue

the problem with topfeeding is you have to run a bad country for it to benefit you, you need to topfeed better countries than yours, and someone even worse can come along and topfeed you as well, tends to result in war so isnt ideal for netting

the problem with landtrading is you have to have others run as good countries as you, though they can actually be worse, theres just a bit of a nw issue, in some ways the most hassle of any way to netgain with constant communication

tellarion Game profile

Nov 11th 2015, 11:05:06

Mob, contact me please.

Hawkster Game profile

Nov 11th 2015, 14:33:57

Originally posted by enshula:
landgrabbing is grabbing with the intent of benefiting after a single retal, no one aims to topfeed and benefit with even a 80% l:l policy because people can screw you by doing 79% deliberately, which is fair enough since you were trying to screw them in the first place

landtrading is grabbing with the intent of both countries benefiting, how many retals isnt important, a while ago now i actually hit people with the deliberate intent of coming out roughly equal on a retal, but if they decide to pass the retal to a nw optimal mil strat tyranny you get screwed

its a mentality issue

the problem with topfeeding is you have to run a bad country for it to benefit you, you need to topfeed better countries than yours, and someone even worse can come along and topfeed you as well, tends to result in war so isnt ideal for netting

the problem with landtrading is you have to have others run as good countries as you, though they can actually be worse, theres just a bit of a nw issue, in some ways the most hassle of any way to netgain with constant communication

Fixed that post for you.

Edited By: Hawkster on Nov 11th 2015, 14:36:00
See Original Post

ddd Game profile

Nov 11th 2015, 16:53:31

top feeding does not exist under our rules, u want to keep your land then put enough defense on it to do so, if not, oh well, u lose

tis time the bs on this server stops me tinks

see what u did, now u got me riled up dangit

ps thanks me blood pressure was a tad bit low

Trife Game profile

Nov 11th 2015, 17:10:32

Originally posted by ddd:
top feeding does not exist under our rules, u want to keep your land then put enough defense on it to do so, if not, oh well, u lose

this post has been certified as 33% groton

bstrong86 Game profile

Nov 11th 2015, 17:40:26

Always love this argument.

If you. Love it. Put d on it.

Always is and will be the justification for being an ass hat regarding topfeeding
The Death Knights

XI

BudsMyBud Game profile

Nov 11th 2015, 17:53:51

*waves@bstrong* :)
BMB
XI Sumfin or other

zygotic Game profile

Nov 11th 2015, 21:08:12

Hahaha

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2015, 21:10:50

Originally posted by bstrong86:
Always love this argument.

If you. Love it. Put d on it.

Always is and will be the justification for being an ass hat regarding topfeeding

:'(
Catch me on ir c

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Nov 11th 2015, 21:48:18

Originally posted by Trife:

That was 5% groton, tops. I only had to read it once to understand the point.

Trife Game profile

Nov 11th 2015, 21:58:22

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:
Originally posted by Trife:

That was 5% groton, tops. I only had to read it once to understand the point.

hrmmmm seems i need to recalibrate my grotometer

mrcuban Game profile

Nov 11th 2015, 23:21:00

too much talk in this thread not enough action.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2015, 0:33:19

hawkster i eventually put your post into a diff tool to see what you changed

landgrabbing is taking land obviously

topfeeding is expecting to benefit after a limited amount of retals

landtrading is expecting mutual benefit from arranged retals

midfeeding is hitting and trying to avoid being retalled

bottomfeeding is hitting countries you dont expect to try to retal

its really not difficult to grasp, obviously no one wants to be hit apart from trading, and different tags have different ways to dissuage hits on them

and some tags that dont try to netgain or stock sometimes mess with people at various points of the set, sometime because people think they know the way the game should be played, which involves running bad countries that are too thin and will never aim for t10, occasionally more of a midfeeding setup with early commies or theos, but usually to provoke a war

i havnt played a lot of solo servers larely but a topfeeding or midfeeding style gameplay works a lot better there, topfeeding only if tech prices are high enough i guess which they usually arnt on solo servers

DruncK Game profile

Nov 12th 2015, 0:53:14

Bottomfeeding is the only grabbing style that gets you top 10.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2015, 0:58:03

stones 49k acres 16 hits
evo 35.4k acres 17 hits

http://earthgraphs.com/...stones&warreport=Show

cant tell what that first big nw drop is for evo, its about 15m nw

Hawkster Game profile

Nov 12th 2015, 1:57:41

Originally posted by enshula:
hawkster i eventually put your post into a diff tool to see what you changed

landgrabbing is taking land obviously

topfeeding is expecting to benefit after a limited amount of retals

landtrading is expecting mutual benefit from arranged retals

midfeeding is hitting and trying to avoid being retalled

bottomfeeding is hitting countries you dont expect to try to retal

its really not difficult to grasp, obviously no one wants to be hit apart from trading, and different tags have different ways to dissuage hits on them

and some tags that dont try to netgain or stock sometimes mess with people at various points of the set, sometime because people think they know the way the game should be played, which involves running bad countries that are too thin and will never aim for t10, occasionally more of a midfeeding setup with early commies or theos, but usually to provoke a war

i havnt played a lot of solo servers larely but a topfeeding or midfeeding style gameplay works a lot better there, topfeeding only if tech prices are high enough i guess which they usually arnt on solo servers

That is not the definition of a top feed. All land grabs are done with the intent to gain land, if they arent then you are not doing them correctly. Your definition applies to ALL land grabs, not just top feeding.

If we were to follow your definition of top feed, than anyone with equal land and NW that does a LG is a top feed so long as they intend to gain land after being retalled, sorry but that is wrong. Anyone that is much larger NW is also a top feed would also be per your definition which is complete opposite from the truth.

You really need to review clans retal policies, I am not aware of any clans top feed definition given as such. Most clans define having larger land (often a certain % amount over) and some might include NW as well. Your definitions of Mid feeding are also incorrect. However, those are not as commonly stated in clans retal policies so could only give definitions as stated in wiki. The only one you listed above which might be correct is Bottom Feeding, however it is usually mainly associated with hitting a much smaller country, that is unable to retal back.

DruncK Game profile

Nov 12th 2015, 4:23:58

That timeframe is inaccurate. It doesn't show EVOs counterstrike of 1 BR.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2015, 6:32:18

no its only a topfeed when your using a 1:1 policy to limit the amount of times you get hit back

it can be a bad topfeed if a 1:1 makes you come out behind, or just non consensual landtrading if you both come out roughly equal

but topfeeding usually you aim to come out far ahead and dont really care how the defender does, but your pretty sure you will get retalled once

if your much larger in nw you are usually trying to avoid any retals because any retal will usually take a lot more from you in return, then it becomes midfeeding

arguing about countries being the same size is pointless, because a bad landthin country will always have less networth in tech given equal tech levels, less networth in land and buildings and more in military

anyone can stock for a while then start topfeeding and say "im 1000 nw/acre you should have bought defense and finish as low nw as im going to"

combined with 50% PS bonus topfeeding obviously isnt hard, even if your just lazy and use the PS to balance normal defense allies

with a good policy what you call a grab doesnt matter, its only useful in discussing things

the common retal policies are

1:1
1:1 c:c
1:1 escalating
1:1 c:c escalating
land:land
land:land c:c
1:many or 1:kill and dont grab yourself
1:missile or many:missile if your sort of farmland

anything that invoves nw's and land ratios just invites people to mess with you and abuse it, stick to how much you get back for simplicity

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2015, 6:38:19

you could make an argument topfeeding in its original form doesnt exist any more though

because optimal grabs used to be hitting someone 140% of your networth, which meant if you were even land they would always get less back in a retal

now gains are pretty balanced up/down with max hitting from 95% of the defender

for less mil heavy countries if you hit from 95% your then at about 105% for the defender to hit you, but with topfeeding youd probably stay smaller, unless you bought up after hitting which is very common for topfeeders to do

some of the really extreme topfeeders used to drop empty acres and only keep buildings

Hawkster Game profile

Nov 12th 2015, 7:18:15

What do you mean No? It has nothing to do with any set policy. Top Feeding, literally means feeding from the top.

In every game I have ever played (including this one) this is the case. It always means when a player attacks (feeds) on another larger (top) player. The only thing that is ever different from game to game is what does the "Top" or larger specifically mean in context to that game. Here in this game that means Land .. and sometimes NW is also included.

What baffles me is that I should even have to explain what the words Top and Feeding means. More baffling is that you are even contradicting your own clans definition that is posted on its retal policy. This is really sad that someone in clan leadership does not even know their own clans policies and definitions.

Your definition "is grabbing with the intent of benefiting after a single retal"
LaF posted definition "Any attack where the attacker has less land than the defender will be considered a topfeed"

I think your clans definition is bit vague, but at least it is applicable. Yours however is just wrong.

Sure I guess you could make an argument topfeeding doesnt exist any more, and if it does it is rare, but that would mostly be due to stated clan policies to discourage it and one that is backed up heavily by most major clans here. But you dont even know what the words mean, so you are arguing something totally different. So the rest of everything you said is irrelevant because it is all based on something entirely else than what you are arguing about.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2015, 8:55:49

if you want to put a different label on what i described feel free

im pretty sure the term bottomfeeding came first, used derogatorily to describe people hitting small countries that couldnt hit back

keep in mind back then there were no databases and you had to use ingame search to find countries to hit, so a lot of people only looked at their scores list seeing 50 countries around themselves

topfeeding in this game was only used because the terms bottomfeeding and later midfeeding were in common use

theres plenty of places you can topfeed if you want to, solo servers and ffa definately

not sure what teams like currently

im not describing policies anyway, im describing the goals of each method, arguably the most common goal of topfeeding is to provoke a response, sometimes a unap, and sometimes a war

Hawkster Game profile

Nov 12th 2015, 11:53:37

It is not me trying to put different label on it lol. Nor is it even this game. That is what the definitions are for any and all games. As to Bottom feeding coming first. I have no idea, but it means feeding from the bottom, the exact opposite of top feeding.

bstrong86 Game profile

Nov 12th 2015, 16:54:02

Top feeding is hitting someone with way more land then you. Typically 125-140%+ more. Plain and simple. Its a method used in clan based servers by bad players with even worse countries. That cant handle the concept of the game that, is to finish with the highest nws.
The Death Knights

XI

DruncK Game profile

Nov 12th 2015, 16:57:29

Topfeeding is the attacking country having 80% or higher military as jets. No other definition of "Topfeed" exists.

Over The Hill Game profile

Nov 12th 2015, 17:06:24

Originally posted by DruncK:
Topfeeding is the attacking country having 80% or higher military as jets. No other definition of "Topfeed" exists.

This is the most asinine comment I've ever read

It makes absolutely zero sense

DruncK Game profile

Nov 12th 2015, 17:18:27

/me spins

That was the ORIGINAL "definition" of a topfeed. This new breed of earthers whine too much.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2015, 19:25:25

when did other games start using topfeed?

i cant remember what utopia used to call it but that whole game was based around being able to grab full defense people at x% of your nw or land size

id just argue topfeeding is a grabbing philosophy, the exact definition doesnt matter as its the general concept which leads to conflict

if i was bottomfeeding or midfeeding tags the same would hold true

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2015, 19:27:36

this game was based on

solar realms elite
then
barron realms elite
then
earth 2025

btw, sre was made in 1990 for bbs's

DruncK Game profile

Nov 12th 2015, 20:50:46

I know topfeeding was invented in FFA but that's all I know.

Trife Game profile

Nov 12th 2015, 20:53:34

are we still trying to define topfeeds after over a decade?