Verified:

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 14:29:35

Next week the greatest Quarterback in NFL history will be on the field as a confirmed non-cheater.

*waits for ford*

hawkeyee Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 14:50:31

I thought the greatest quarterback in the NFL will be holding a clipboard and signaling in formations for Kirk Cousins.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Trife Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 15:54:00

i was trying to find the thread on at where we talked about it. i think i called either a 0 or 2 game ban

mrford Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 17:19:40

having the case thrown out doesnt mean he didnt cheat. it just means there wasnt enough evidence in a court of law to prove it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 17:35:45

The case wasn't thrown out, the suspension was vacated. The NFL made accusations and handed down harsh discipline, and a court of law found the discipline baseless.

But point taken.

I wonder if the NFL appeals.

elvesrus

Sep 3rd 2015, 17:37:53

they are
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

mrford Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 17:39:35

Brady cheated, but there wernt enough black and white rules and procedures in place for this to have any real success either in arbitration or civil court.

might as well just move on and keep watching the patriots like a hawk. they will break/push the rules again.

Edited By: mrford on Sep 3rd 2015, 17:41:35
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 3rd 2015, 17:43:20

so much butthurt for ford :p

keep reaching for that rainbow!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 17:46:20

and you keep wearing those rose colored glasses. hyperbole goes both ways. just because i think you cheated, when you did, doesnt make me butthurt.

once is happenstance. twice is coincidence. three times is enemy action. i doubt the third time will take too long.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 17:47:30

I bet the pats have 5 Rings before a 3rd scandal.

mrford Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 17:48:50

piling up rings with asterisks isnt something im interested in. but if it gives you pride then good for you.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 17:50:21

The only asterisks are in the court of public opinion, which is about as meaningful as a bag of rocks.

mrford Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 17:53:50

lol what? public opinion literally is the NFL. unless you think the players and owners opinions are what matter? matter for what? it is an entertainment league.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 3rd 2015, 17:55:30

yea, ford's opinion is worth way less than any of those championships... lol

it's the territory that comes with being a great team -- haters clutching at straws to tear down what they have built. keep telling yourself they only win because of cheating and it "taints everything!". it only makes you look like a crybaby
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 3rd 2015, 17:56:42

"it's the NFL"

ya, goodell is always right on the money with his actions -- especially surrounding suspensions. being on goodell's side is exactly where you want to be *thumbs up*
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 17:58:11

quote me where i said they only win because they cheat. i said cheating taints the wins. it isnt the same thing. Bill is easily the best coach in the NFL. he is also a cheater.

plenty of teams have rings without cheating. their rings mean more imo. and their legacies wont have asterisks like brady and bill's will. it is that simple.

you making fluff up and editorializing makes you look desperate. why are you so desperate if im just crying?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 17:58:58

Originally posted by Pang:
"it's the NFL"

ya, goodell is always right on the money with his actions -- especially surrounding suspensions. being on goodell's side is exactly where you want to be *thumbs up*

and now you go and make broad generalizations. more desperation. you didnt even undersand what i said apparently. rodger goodell isnt public opinion.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:02:40

Superbowl rings are what matter.

The NFL thinks Brady cheated. They couldn't prove it, they came up with a report full of inconsistencies and misinformation, and tried to discipline him regardless, and a Judge told them to screw.

It doesn't matter to me what side of the fence you're on. It doesn't matter what anyone's opinion is. That is what happened.

mrford Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:07:31

it doesnt matter to you that the patriots cheat, and that is fine it is your team. but it matters to other people.

i would be saying the same fluff if the browns got busted. and i SURE as fluff say the same thing about the saints and falcons who are recent cheaters as well. rings or no rings cheating sucks. my own team has even been caught before and i denounce it. blind loyalty serves no purpose imo. it is enabling behavior.

Edited By: mrford on Sep 3rd 2015, 18:09:39
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:09:49

Well we won't agree so no sense in carrying on.. but it is exciting that the season kicks off next week.. whats you're prediction for Carolina (that's your team, right?)

mrford Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:11:34

carolina will have a top 5 defense and a bottom 10 offense

but still win the terrible NFC south with something like an 8-8 record.

we dont have any receivers that can actually catch the ball and our o-line is better but still sub par. if you want to beat the panthers stack the box, spy newton, and double olsen. game over.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:13:10

I see ford typing words, but all I hear is crying and hyperbole :p

I'm not even defending the patriots; the punishment didn't fit the "crime" regardless.

tbh I'm just here to troll ford specifically, knowing he cares about this stuff way more than I do :p

I have more awesome playoff memories to fall back on
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:14:39

fluff off canadian. no one cares about your bandwagon ass anyways.

it is easy to be a fan of a team that wins.

it is also easy to see why this game is dying when admins and moderators troll the forums too.

Edited By: mrford on Sep 3rd 2015, 18:20:45
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:14:48

Originally posted by mrford:
blind loyalty serves no purpose imo. it is enabling behavior.

This is so true, even in aspects outside of the NFL.

elvesrus

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:18:24

I'm just happy as long as the cowboys lose. Makes up for bad years in red and gold.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:19:41

Originally posted by mrford:
fluff off canadian. no one cares about you and your bandwagon ass anyways.

it is easy to be a fan of a team that wins.

it is also easy to see why this game is dying when admins and moderators troll the forums too.

lol, butthurt much? :p

and I predate the Brady/Bellichek era as a fan. don't make assumptions... you sound like an ignorant redneck.

keep reaching for that rainbow, buddy!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:20:26

keep cheating for that rainbow.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:21:18

good comeback.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:21:53

poor trolling and amateur name calling makes it easy to retort.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:25:38

you're right, and that's why it was so easy to get a rise out of you :p

enjoy another one-and-done season, at best, down in Carolina

edit: i guess they did beat arizona last year, thinking back.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:27:02

Originally posted by elvesrus:
I'm just happy as long as the cowboys lose. Makes up for bad years in red and gold.

The Cowboys are one of those teams that can't lose enough for me.

With that said, one of my favorite sporting events each year is watching them play (and lose) on Thanksgiving. Just checked the schedule, I will be rooting for Carolina for at least one game this year!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:28:06

Originally posted by BUTTMAN:

With that said, one of my favorite sporting events each year is watching them play (and lose) on Thanksgiving. Just checked the schedule, I will be rooting for Carolina for at least one game this year!

I actually like seeing the Cowboys win because it makes people so angry. If the Pats aren't in the superbowl, I'd cheer for the Cowboys just to see everyone's reactions.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

elvesrus

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:30:14

Only thing worse than the cowboys would be an LA team :p

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:32:07

Originally posted by Pang:

I actually like seeing the Cowboys win because it makes people so angry. If the Pats aren't in the superbowl, I'd cheer for the Cowboys just to see everyone's reactions.

Haha, too true.. Spite is a very underrated emotion. I work with a rabid Cowboys/Romo fan, otherwise i'd be right there with you.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:35:00

I am generally against anything Florida, Texas, or California, I can't explain why.

hawkeyee Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:51:03

Assuming he did cheat, the maximum penalty for tampering with equipment, even if it gives a competitive advantage (which it did not), is a fine of $25,000. Forget about whether or not the investigation was impartial or whether or not he did it. Assuming he did do it, the suspension is invalid. He can't hide behind one part of the CBA that says he's the absolute authority on discipline while ignoring another part of the CBA which outlines maximum penalties for infractions.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Trife Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:57:04

why are canadians even commenting on this thread?!

get outta here you floppy headed bastids!

http://33.media.tumblr.com/...zbvxcTzC1r4gei2o1_400.gif

braden Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 18:57:57

so much racism between ford and trife.

canadian is a race, right??

bstrong86 Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 19:58:51

He was suspended due to destroying his phone when told to hand it over because there was records of texts showing he talked about about inflating/deflating balls after week 7 with 2 other employees of the patriots. If that doesn't scream "heyyyy i know more then i should" i dont know whatvto tell you.

Whether the judge upheld or throws it out. Tom knew what was going on. He handles...them balls allday everyday
The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 20:03:29

Those rings will be forever tarnished. No question. Look at mlb and the roids. Those HR and batting statistics will forever be tarnished. The year bonds hit 70.. Thats ruined.

The years that the pats won. Tarnished. Forever associated with cheating.

The Death Knights

XI

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 20:25:05

Nope!

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 20:46:26

Originally posted by hawkeyee:
Assuming he did cheat, the maximum penalty for tampering with equipment, even if it gives a competitive advantage (which it did not), is a fine of $25,000. Forget about whether or not the investigation was impartial or whether or not he did it. Assuming he did do it, the suspension is invalid.

Excessive Profanity, other Unsportsmanlike Conduct; $11,576; $23,152

Assuming he did do it, it ranks as slightly worse than using the F word in a game. Not 4 games worth. Thats exactly where the outrage comes from.

Its easy to hate the champ (unless you live in New England or are Pang), but giving ammo like deflategate to the haters is frustrating, because now they feel they have vindication for their hate.

mrford Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 20:49:41

The outrage should be about cheating, not the punishment.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 20:52:20

its in violation of the rules, just like unsportsmanlike conduct.

bstrong86 Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 20:59:28

You're neglecting the fact that he purposely destroyed a device that would have proved his inncocense or guilt. Thats why goodel rammed him 4 games
The Death Knights

XI

BUTTMAN Game profile

Sep 3rd 2015, 21:00:32

He had a perfectly reasonable explanation for that!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 3rd 2015, 22:03:58

That's what counts in my book too. LOL As long as the cowboys lose, I really don't care who wins. :)
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 3rd 2015, 22:05:39

Originally posted by bstrong86:
He was suspended due to destroying his phone when told to hand it over because there was records of texts showing he talked about about inflating/deflating balls after week 7 with 2 other employees of the patriots. If that doesn't scream "heyyyy i know more then i should" i dont know whatvto tell you.

Whether the judge upheld or throws it out. Tom knew what was going on. He handles...them balls allday everyday

And them ain't the only balls he handles, jiggles, squeezes, fondles. LOL
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Vic Game profile

Sep 5th 2015, 1:40:25

lol great thread :p

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Sep 5th 2015, 5:22:17

I am generally against anything Florida, Texas, or California, I can't explain why.

Texas and California both border Mexico. Florida is close to Cuba.

Clearly, you're a racist.