Verified:

Raging Budda Game profile

Aug 8th 2015, 2:09:32

The top 100 in alliance this set is littered with countries that finished with less than 250 acres. I belive the relatively new option of being able to spend oil to generate more private market units is being abused. Nothing against those expolting the new rule, but something is wrong in the game when people spend weeks building a 30,000 acre country to only drop land and build 100% MBs to get really cheap PM prices which the volume has augmented by stockpiling oil over the set.
Your base is mine!

braden Game profile

Aug 8th 2015, 3:01:07

exploiting the new rule is like suggesting exploring for acres is exploiting use of turns..
if the math of the game was changed to accommodate new features, this by definition is not an exploit.. otherwise tech allies is exploiting free tech, or off allies are exploiting free offense, or fluff even defensive allies is exploiting free defense.

why is cheating the way YOU want to cheat ok, but cheating how OTHERS want to cheat isn't?

(it's funny because now you can't answer without admitting you cheat- i don't make the rules, i only word play to exploit the dismal understanding of the language?)

Duna Game profile

Aug 9th 2015, 9:00:41

So whats wrong with droping land? If you gain land, why cant you drop it? I really dont see problem with droping land.

DancingBear Game profile

Aug 9th 2015, 15:55:29

it may be too early to know if the oil for pm units rate needs adjustment

and each server may have different issues

it is true that many of the top netters of last alliance were pushng this new feature

but it also appeared BiBiGoN attempted it last tourney and did not finish top-10, nor any other player with very low land

my assumption is that this game feature was added to enliven the oil market and add the potential for new twists exactlly like this one we are talking about now

i vote to give it another couple of months for everyone to consider it and react to the new possibilities before making any changes

perhaps crazy hard land killers will emerge, just to prove a point ;)

DruncK Game profile

Aug 9th 2015, 15:58:20

Land killing a t10 would be f'ing epic

Marshal Game profile

Aug 9th 2015, 19:08:27

yea except like said on elsewhere it'd require hundreds of millions of jets and fluffload oil and nw should match target.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

h2orich Game profile

Aug 11th 2015, 4:22:41

If a new feature is introduced and people find a way to benefit from it, why stop?

Its like, many netters have found out that bottom feeding in express and primary is the best way to net, should we change the bottom-feeding formula?

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 11th 2015, 4:34:42

if you can't beat them join them simple :)
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Marshal Game profile

Aug 11th 2015, 13:45:08

bottom feeding has been changed quite a much.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 16th 2015, 13:19:05

I informed Qzjul about this idea a long time ago-- I wanted to know if he thought the function was too powerful....

His response was pretty much the same thing dark is saying-- if you can't beat it, join it.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 18th 2015, 16:21:05

Well, enlivening the oil market is precisely what we planned; as for dropping your land at the end and MBRing it... I'm not sure slagpit envisioned the *dropping* of land to a tiny country for TMBRing; but maybe?
Finally did the signature thing.

braden Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 16:42:12

make it so that if below certain acreages you generate fewer units, like over 5000 and as it is, 2000-4999 half of what it is, under 1999 you generate like a quarter?

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 4:44:31

you really want to see 1000$ oil braden >.>
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Marshal Game profile

Aug 19th 2015, 13:42:06

of course he does. different thing is that will anybody buy it.

Forgotten

Sep 13th 2015, 9:14:02

An all explore country with 0 market interaction would have made top 25 last set, heck in past 7 of 10 sets even.

150m for all explore is easy.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~