Verified:

tisya Game profile

Apr 25th 2015, 13:51:59

Anyone? :)
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

braden Game profile

Apr 25th 2015, 14:10:31

benny franky was class, but like most people, i enjoy the term moreso thsn the actual activity.

im not allowed eithin a hundred yards of playgrounds because, as thr judge said, im a filthy philatelist..

tisya Game profile

Apr 25th 2015, 15:02:29

Lies! You're banned from post offices aren't you? :P
Tisya

BladeEWG Game profile

Apr 26th 2015, 2:30:28

You collect those?

tisya Game profile

Apr 27th 2015, 16:08:06

Philatelic items? some but it covers a huge area that I have just recently been exposed to
I have always collected stamps but it turns out it covers anything that has to do with the post.

Letter writing? That I do. Yes, snail mail still exits. :O
Tisya

Hawkster Game profile

Apr 27th 2015, 17:27:46

I was when I was younger. Also collected a lot of stamps. What I liked most were the different styles from all the different countries. Some countries stamps it was so obvious where they came from due to art styles, colors used, etc. While other countries stamps were so vastly different from each other. I found all those art styles fascinating. Sadly that hobby didnt last long. Always meant to get back to it and never did.

Trife Game profile

Apr 27th 2015, 17:48:32

tisya sighting!

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 27th 2015, 17:55:10

*nods* philatelic, postal covers, postcards, fluff - sold the post offices though
hey, i had no idea braden was banned on the interpol list of "not allowed in" all this time ... ;)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

tisya Game profile

Apr 28th 2015, 4:12:21

Hawkster, if you still have your collection, you can always sell it. The hobby is a lot more alive and well than I thought lol
I don't actually collect stamps anymore but I do hoard special/commemorative issues in whatever country I am in at the moment and send letters/postcards to people who do collect them. Apparently, mint is more popular than used at the moment though. Probably because letter writing has fallen out of favour. I went to a world youth stamp exhibition hosted here and I have to say, the artwork in some countries is AMAZING. It's literally like looking at tiny paintings.

Trifey sighting! :D

Akula: i am surprised at the dedication of postcard collectors lol I just joined Postcrossing a few months ago and they are so serious! :O
Tisya

Hawkster Game profile

Apr 28th 2015, 16:19:28

Meh, I had lots of stamps, but most were not really worth much, think few were couple dollars. One best and prolly most expensive was stamped envelope from around 1900, and even that was only worth like $5. I loved it just because it was old and with the envelope had history. I believe I finally gave it all away to someone who had a kid that was interested in the hobby, or it may still be at home, but kinda doubt it.

tisya Game profile

Apr 28th 2015, 16:25:17

Aww ok...yeah it's hard now. I went to the Postal Museum in Washington DC and the kids were so bored. There is so much more art in it than people realize. It was more fun waiting for the mail than just getting an immediate response. Love affairs were so much more romantic. Do you know how hard it is to find a guy who would even think to send you a letter with his feelings anymore? Well..it's highly improbable. Meh, I guess I love the romance of it and the ties to the past. :D
Tisya