Verified:

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 20:16:11

By update, I mean new bonuses and stuff. The game needs rejuvenation, we need more diversity in strats and how to play the game in order to fight off stagnation and keep the current player base interested. How about on top of governments, you can pick state religions and ideologies?

Examples:

IDEOLOGIES

Capitalist - +5% PCI, -1% market commission, -5% food production
Marxist - +5% industrial production, +5% population, +10% chance for disasters
Nationalist - +10% defensive spy bonus, +20 max turn storage, -5% military tech
Pacifist - +5% SDI tech, +5% military tech, -10% weapon tech
Militaristic...etc

RELIGIONS

Judaism - +10% business tech, -5% population
Islam - +5% population, +5% for population booms, effects of getting spy oped double
Christian-Catholic - Ideology bonuses and penalties doubled
Christian-Protestant - Can "declare peace" immediately, 1 second cooldown between attacks
Buddhist...etc
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Rasp Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 20:54:26

I like it.

And make it so you can sell missiles on Public Market.
And be able to loot and FA oil. :-)
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 21:15:37

New ideology:

Rogue state - Can sell missiles on public market, can FA missiles and oil, can't join GDI, no restrictions on NW for being able to get hit
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 23rd 2015, 21:16:43

You could come up with some dark/ignorant bonuses for the religion bonuses/penalties.... :-/

And some funny ones for the ideologies, like...
TEA Party - +40% BPT when building enterprise, government runs out of cash every turn.
Greece's Radical Left - No penalty from running out of cash; cannot maintain allies.

if I was to rebuild parts of the game, I'd suggest adding such items as trees over absolute bonuses (and the trees can't be changed). generally we like to avoid parallel mechanics for a richer gameplay experience. I'm not sure how well we've done that so far :p

oh, and I'd suggest we make it so that when you explore/take over land there is some kind of insurgency/resistance penalty (economic and military) from the enemy forces/loyal population based on a variety of factors. also make it easier to take that land back from the invaders for some duration in terms of military required to break.

Also for the alliance server specifically, there should be alliance-wide components that can be changed by the clan admins (clan government or something).

now balancing all that stuff, that's the difficult part. oh and finding time to do it.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2015, 21:58:48

How about the Canada one, we tax you 70% with free medical one turn , cash increase with drop of population!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2015, 22:12:45

i actually like the idea !
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Vic Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 22:20:27

w00h00 let's destroy a masterpiece!

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 22:28:19

Pang, it would be cool to just have a test server that is free to join and is basically a sandbox betatesting server.

But yeah, if no one has time to even do anything like this, then I guess there's no point talking about it.

I wonder if we can do a mini kickstarter...
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Schilling Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 22:54:29

One idea I like to kick around is a global effect for certain things. Right now, the only thing that happens in terms of interaction is country to country things (alliances for tech, off/def, intel, etc. then of course attacking and spying) and whatever moves through the public market. Global events like massive earthquakes, or storms that effect multiple countries. What about chemical missiles and nukes used in wars add to a global contamination that effects all countries that slowly dissipates (killing population, rendering land useless, etc).

I also like the idea of limited land. Cap the server out at certain points and nobody can explore until more land is 'discovered' or countries are destroyed leaving the land up for grabs.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 24th 2015, 1:00:19

I have at least 2 more projects to do outside of work before I have time for stuff like this. One is essentially donated work for a food bank! :p

I don't want to get myself on the hook for anything where people are promising money for progress until I have all that wrapped up. I was discussing redoing the UI using react.js with qz a little while ago. It's on both of our radars but EE was made while we were doing our masters degrees.... now we're both working full time now.

We opened a sandbox server for a while... lots of my old test countries were killed.

I like a lot of the other ideas on here too! There's been so many good ideas suggested by so many people I feel bad we haven't been able to get them implemented.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 1:04:00

do. not. tarnish. this. game.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 24th 2015, 1:18:38

the biggest thing I want to do is give the game a new ui that behaves like an app. then release it as an app. it's the task that keeps me peripherally engaged
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2015, 2:52:12

That's cool and all pang but a new UI doesn't make the game more fun :s. Focus on gameplay IMO!

Syko_Killa Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 4:54:03

Great idea TAN!
Do as I say, not as I do.

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 5:01:48

this game is awesome. nothing major needs to be changed. more bots for land to enhance gameplay is a positive imo. this set has been really enjoyable with so much easy land.
no need for any major game changes or this might as well just become a whole new game loosely inspired on EE and 2025.

i think pang has it right.

and remember this game is the best and it owes you all NOTHING

Edited By: Vic on Apr 24th 2015, 5:03:58

Thunder Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 7:22:44

Originally posted by TAN:
New ideology:

Rogue state - Can sell missiles on public market, can FA missiles and oil, can't join GDI, no restrictions on NW for being able to get hit

+100 oh and add once become Rogue State cannot change gov't, can only FA other Rogue States.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 11:38:39

Are you nubs being serious? Rogue state?
That's a really really good idea ...
Not

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 11:42:47

Game changes like making more land available are great and enhance game play for all. What you Nubs are talking about is a whole new game , not EE.

Put your heads together and come up with a new game and like I said, promote it as very loosely based on EE and a lot based on Utopia (those are the type of changes you guys are mentioning). And please leave this masterpiece of a game alone.

It's funny you guys wanting to make these outrageous changes are mostly new players. go try out utopia

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 11:44:32

Btw TAN didn't you suicide on a bunch of alliances and rage quit just two years ago? And now you're back leading a 7th tier alliance and looking for major game changes?
Bottom tier is what that is

archaic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 12:03:10

Could we add apocalyptic meteor strikes?
Maybe add 'media technology' that allows TV talking heads to manipulate the population to increase production or moral outrage?
Maybe as countries become more and more prosperous we could add spurious litigation and patent trolling to hinder growth?

FFS, I come here so I can ignore the world and immerse my self in text based 90's goodness so I can relive a time when I was actually able to still put FUN >>>> responsibility.

If I wanted to play a game where I spent all day working, shuttling kids to swim practice, paying my mortgage, and raging about a dent in my truck - well, I'd just quit drinking so much and set my life to an Nintendo soundtrack.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Untagged Hunter

Apr 24th 2015, 12:27:07

Originally posted by Vic:
Btw TAN didn't you suicide on a bunch of alliances and rage quit just two years ago? And now you're back leading a 7th tier alliance and looking for major game changes?

fluff off noob, this game needs major changes

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 13:41:22

Originally posted by archaic:

FFS, I come here so I can ignore the world and immerse my self in text based 90's goodness so I can relive a time when I was actually able to still put FUN >>>> responsibility.

as usual, archaic is spot on.

Originally posted by Untagged Hunter:

fluff off noob, this game needs major changes

Call me your dad, call me your grandfather, but don't call me n00b. what a golden nub lol

braden Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 14:11:24

well, I'd just quit drinking so much

dont you ever joke about that again.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2015, 14:29:29

Cuz once a week, everyone should experience TANtatatard!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

BUTTMAN Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 14:30:52

Could we add apocalyptic meteor strikes?
Maybe add 'media technology' that allows TV talking heads to manipulate the population to increase production or moral outrage?
Maybe as countries become more and more prosperous we could add spurious litigation and patent trolling to hinder growth?

If I wanted to play a game where I spent all day working, shuttling kids to swim practice, paying my mortgage, and raging about a dent in my truck - well, I'd just quit drinking so much and set my life to an Nintendo soundtrack.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 24th 2015, 14:32:04

Mostly UI and UX improvements I think are what are needed, as pang's mentioned :)
Finally did the signature thing.

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 14:37:44

Originally posted by qzjul:
Mostly UI and UX improvements I think are what are needed, as pang's mentioned :)

agreed!
the nubs are quickly being driven with pitch forks!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 24th 2015, 14:56:36

Vic is a 7th tier nub!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 15:34:00

Originally posted by Pang:
Vic is a 7th tier nub!

confirm lah~

XiQter

Apr 24th 2015, 16:14:05

no

Wu Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 16:51:35

Ideology:

SOL is ranked too high. -15% to all stats

TAN Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:07:57

Vic is a giant manbaby who has nothing constructive to say, so just ignore him.

The fact of the matter is, this game isn't just stagnating, it's dying. It's been dying. It's because the game has never changed and it's boring, even to the vets.

UI changes aren't going to fix anything. It's gameplay that needs to be tweaked.

Has anyone even invented a viable new strat in the last 5 fluffing years that doesn't involve abusing a game mechanic? No?

Then the problem is gameplay, not UI tweaks.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Untagged Hunter

Apr 24th 2015, 18:10:45

Vic is a giant manbaby.

+1

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:12:22

Vic is a giant manbaby who has nothing constructive to say, so just ignore him.

The fact of the matter is, this game isn't just stagnating, it's dying. It's been dying. It's because the game has never changed and it's boring, even to the vets.

UI changes aren't going to fix anything. It's gameplay that needs to be tweaked.

Has anyone even invented a viable new strat in the last 5 fluffing years that doesn't involve abusing a game mechanic? No?

Then the problem is gameplay, not UI tweaks.

No, actually I'm someone who retired from this game before you started playing it.
No, actually I'm someone who helped rerecruit 30 oldies back to LaF to double the alliance's numbers last set.
No, actually I'm someone who does not resort to spaz quits on AT (you've done that how many times now?)
No, actually I'm someone who does not resort to suiciding other alliances and ruining the game further (how many times have you done that?)
No, actually I'm someone who truly cares about this game and realizes how absolutely perfect the core of it is.
No, actually I'm someone who realizes that these stupid changes will not only be death for the old players of this game, but it will be a huge failure and won't remotely attract anyone new.
No, actually I'm someone who realizes that there are thousands of old players who could be coaxed into coming back, and that we should start with that, and then maybe an app, but not tarnish an amazing game that's stayed pretty pure for over 18 years.

you, trash nub, are indeed a manbaby. go rage quit and suicide again and we'll all be way better off without you.

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:14:09

i just couldn't imagine playing in such a joke alliance lol

TAN Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:27:16

Really? You retired in 2003, dumbfluff? I've suicided twice in 12 years, both on LaF (not "alliances" as you say), because at the time, you guys were a bag of fluffs (though not anymore). Don't presume to know anything about me.

The truth about you Vic is that you're not useful anymore. You're a fossil that no one cares about aside from some repartee on AT here and there. Either do something useful, or gtfo. No one cares about you sucking Mehul's teet. The game needs to change. It's been stagnant for years. Everyone knows this. Even the admins know it.

So quit being a tool and cry me a river, manbaby (I like how you were so original, you're response was "no you're a manbaby!" - lol). Tell me some more things about you and puff up your chest some more in order to stay relevant.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

aponic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:30:29

No need to be straight hating on each other. You two sound like me and mdevol a year ago
SOF
Cerevisi

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:33:20

i have no problem with TAN. I think the ideas were poor and to call someone a "manbaby" because they strongly resist religious bonus changes (???) is just asking for it on these forums :p

he is a nub, however.

TAN Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:34:25

The stupid wanker made it personal. Wasn't even talking to him, then he busts this fluff out as if anyone asked his fluffing opinion:

Note: I hadn't even addressed him a single time before he decided to go ahead and attack me. So this old, irrelevant fossil can go fluff himself and if he wants to make it personal, I'll keep it personal.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 24th 2015, 18:35:02

Disagree -- I think the biggest issue is the hurdles to get into the game; and how frustrating some aspects can be, depending on the game mechanic at the time; obviously we'd like to make things easy to jump into, and make some things less frustrating, like repeatedly dying in war for example heh
Finally did the signature thing.

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:37:01

Really? You retired in 2003, dumbfluff? I've suicided twice in 12 years, both on LaF (not "alliances" as you say), because at the time, you guys were a bag of fluffs (though not anymore). Don't presume to know anything about me.

The truth about you Vic is that you're not useful anymore. You're a fossil that no one cares about aside from some repartee on AT here and there. Either do something useful, or gtfo. No one cares about you sucking Mehul's teet. The game needs to change. It's been stagnant for years. Everyone knows this. Even the admins know it.

So quit being a tool and cry me a river, manbaby (I like how you were so original, you're response was "no you're a manbaby!" - lol). Tell me some more things about you and puff up your chest some more in order to stay relevant.

but while you are manning a 12 man alliance with the largest country at 12k acres, I've recruited MORE players to the game in the last 2 months than is in your entire alliance? and i'm irrelevant?

and while you are truly irrelevant in this game, I post finishes left and right ... what are some of your recent finishes?

i mean honestly, come at me with something, but at least make it relevant. you exhibit how stupid you are saying that from an 11 man alliance when I single handedly recruited 25+ players who weren't playing. that's a positive to the game.
you on the other hand have suggested religious bonuses? huh?

and my first retirement was in 2001. and for your recollection, you started this game in 2005.
people like me care about this game. we don't fluff and whine, we recruit and make it better.
stfu and do something for once

Edited By: Vic on Apr 24th 2015, 18:39:17

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:38:31

seriously you keep calling me old and irrelevant but you keep avoiding these major facts
1. i posted back to back t10 non land traders. have you posted a t100 even?
2. i recruited over 25 players last set. your alliance is 11 men total.
3. i get along with A LOT of players here and I've never suicided (you have many times)

so ... what says you?
how am i irrelevant? aren't i the opposite of that, and you are precisely that?

lol nub.

TAN Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:38:54

There's been no game mechanics updates though. There's been the occasional tweak here and there, but it's basically the same game from 2000 except with some tweaks. Now I realize at the core, the game shouldn't be changed...but can't there be like...a separate server or something that has "expansion" rules or something? Just to keep things interesting...

I know you guys don't have the time to do it at the moment, which is fine, but down the road if you guys do have some time, I'd be willing to donate a bit to help things get moving.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:39:37

Originally posted by Vic:
seriously you keep calling me old and irrelevant but you keep avoiding these major facts
1. i posted back to back t10 non land traders. have you posted a t100 even?
2. i recruited over 25 players last set (this is a fact). your alliance is 11 men total.
3. i get along with A LOT of players here and I've never suicided (you have many times)

so ... what says you?
how am i irrelevant? aren't i the opposite of that, and you are precisely that?

lol nub.

TAN Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:40:27

Above post a response to qz.

Vic, hush now. Adults are speaking. Keep masturbating to the sound of your recruitment skillz, since you've brought that up 5 times in this thread already.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:41:25

righttttt. we are talking about bringing new players to the game.
which i've done.
you've talked about catholic and islamic bonuses.
lol.

maybe nearing time to rage quit and try to suicide again?

TAN Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:43:50

this thread isn't about you or your l33t recruiting skillz, manbaby, so find somewhere else to troll so we can actually talk about the game, not whose e-peen is longer.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:46:27

this has nothing to do with my "l33t" recruiting skills, half brain. it's simple - we can all recruit old players back and recruit new players to the game. it takes dedication, but we can all do it.
that's the least costly and most effective avenue for growth. (fact)

and sure, glad to walk out of this nubfest thread, but let me leave you all with this :

RELIGIONS

Judaism - +10% business tech, -5% population
Islam - +5% population, +5% for population booms, effects of getting spy oped double
Christian-Catholic - Ideology bonuses and penalties doubled
Christian-Protestant - Can "declare peace" immediately, 1 second cooldown between attacks
Buddhist...etc

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2015, 18:53:47

Well, at least now we have solid entertainment value here :P
(•_•)

TAN Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 18:56:13

All I hear is crying from the manbaby.
FREEEEEDOM!!!