Verified:

mrford Game profile

Apr 22nd 2015, 21:13:05

So let me get this straight.

Last year the Panthers paid him 14mill to play one game.
At the end of the season he walks, panthers get nothing.
Their only hope is that he has a good year in Dallas so we might get a compensate pick.
Nope, suspended 10 games. Wanna guess what the 11th game of the season is against?
The panthers, in Dallas, on Thanksgiving Day.

Why does the NFL hate the panthers so much. I have never seen an organisation fluff on so bad for doing nothing wrong.....
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Trife Game profile

Apr 22nd 2015, 21:47:21

i think you know how i feel on this subject :)

this is clearly obamas fault

mrford Game profile

Apr 22nd 2015, 22:21:39

http://i.imgur.com/3PSV7cG.gif

and I'm not talking about hardy's actions. I'm talking about how the franchise has been fluffed royally in this whole ordeal.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Boltar Game profile

Apr 22nd 2015, 23:38:05

wow.. i didnt realize game 11 was thanksgiving against u guys... yea ill have to agree with u ford. the nfl does hate u

Deci Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 0:00:56

What crappy luck. Panthers will come through..... sometime!
Retired.... and back again.

Vic Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 0:21:03

hatin' on 90s expansion teams

Trife Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 0:48:35

hardy sitting out last season was the teams' call, right?

this year it's the NFL's call

mrford Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 1:44:02

naw, im pretty sure it wasnt the teams call to bench him and sill pay him $14mill. it was the newly created commissioners exempt list.

the without pay benefits dallas, not the panthers. the panthers pretty much had a 14mill salary cap penalty and got nothing in return. and now the NFL pretty much makes sure they will get nothing in return since hardy cant have a good season sitting out most of it.

it is just a series of events that shafted a team that didnt really have a choice. and insult to injury with the suspension lifting vs the panthers on a high profile game.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Boltar Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 8:26:06

Nah Ford. Even if he was suspended with pay. Dallas was smart cause of this situation. They only pay him for games he physically plays in

Thunder Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 8:45:01

I don't feel like we're very smart. Everything I've read so far though says the suspension will be cut down to at least half on appeal. The suspension is based on the evidence of physical injuries the woman received from Hardy. He wasn't found not guilty, his case was dismissed due to the plaintiff not appearing for court, twice. NFL is acting as judge and jury in this case, but I see the Players Union at the very least getting this reduced to 5 games or hopefully full re-instatement. We could use his pass rushing abilities. :)
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

mrford Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 13:53:24

Originally posted by Boltar:
Nah Ford. Even if he was suspended with pay. Dallas was smart cause of this situation. They only pay him for games he physically plays in

i am fully aware of the wording in his contract dude..... you dont think i have been closely following this?

my entire point was that carolina had to pay him with no chance of playing, and now dallas doesnt, even with the contract. and him sitting out ANY games effects the panthers chances at a worth wile compensatory pick.

Edited By: mrford on Apr 23rd 2015, 13:56:48
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Boltar Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 14:59:49

Very true. And I didn't know u would follow it after he was bound not to return to the panthers

Boltar Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 15:01:33

What are the terms of getting those comp picks? I thought it was based on how much more u lost in free agency compared to what u got

mrford Game profile

Apr 23rd 2015, 15:06:27

Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula.

it is vague as fluff, but if dallas has a good year and hardy makes the pro bowl, we would get a better pick. with the suspension i doubt we get much for him at all. especially with the contract he signed, he wont get paid fluff.

how often does a team lose a premier pass rusher in his prime with nothing to show for it?

Carolina has done it 2x now....
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2015, 15:12:25

I hate Carolina!

Ya'll beat my team with our 10th string QB........
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2015, 15:14:44

I don't think the decision was to punish Carolina. It's more of a message to football players that domestic violence *now* has heavy penalities.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Thunder Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 8:10:53

He was on the exemption list, so unfortunately, compensatory picks do not apply for Hardy.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

elvesrus

Apr 24th 2015, 9:08:13

Originally posted by mrford:
Carolina has done it 2x now....

Peppers to Green Bay for the second?
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

mrford Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 14:20:29

Peppers went to Chicago from Carolina. A long ass time ago.

That one hurt because he was a Carolina boy and the panthers made every effort to keep that greedy fluff.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 14:22:18

Originally posted by Thunder:
He was on the exemption list, so unfortunately, compensatory picks do not apply for Hardy.

I don't believe that.
Swagger of a Chupacabra