Verified:

dexsydcol Game profile

Apr 5th 2015, 1:42:26

Today my country was banned... Nation of Pimps and Eggs.
I was not a virgin to this act. As a matter of fact, I was banned several years ago for some pretty harsh in game messaging as I was at war with someone and my end game messaging was over the line. I wasn't threatening in any way, shape, or form, but it was out of line and I apologized for it and moved on.

I've been playing this game since the late 90's and have been pretty consistent at following the rules. I've never ever had multiple accounts as I barely can keep my single country going in my busy world.

When my long time friend asked me to run his turns while he was out of the country for a week, I obliged him and as most Primary players know, a ten day absence is basically a set killer.

What I didn't know was that playing his country for him was a rules violation.

I know multi countries are rule breakers but until I read the wiki page the rule saying a player can't use another players account I had not clue as it isn't listed on the details page of the portal as a rules violation.

I've appealed but I doubt it will do any good.

So my apologies to my faithful allies as I won't be back this set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEH_ms8d1ws

EGG

Marshal Game profile

Apr 5th 2015, 2:02:54

logging into other players accounts has been against rules since dawn of time (of course it was easy during mehul's era since his tools to detect multies etc were crappy) and if you have read forums you should know that if 2 countries on same server (non-FFA) are played on same computer w/o players being safelisted leads to deletion of both countries.

Edited By: Marshal on Apr 5th 2015, 13:45:42
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

randus711 Game profile

Apr 5th 2015, 2:10:11

So are you out just for the remainder of the current sets or forever? I really don't see the issue with running someone elses country as you stated unless of course you were using them in the war with your countries.

Ka Mac

Apr 5th 2015, 3:31:27

That act is called "babysitting" during E2025 days. :)

You'll be back for sure.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 5th 2015, 8:02:38

LOL just LOL
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

Apr 5th 2015, 13:47:02

randus: just for this set and valuable lesson learned.

RMcCourt

EE Patron

Apr 5th 2015, 14:15:45

Damn, Eggs, that sucks. I'll see you next set buddy.

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 5th 2015, 16:19:12

oNE TIME in allianc I called my roommate who doesn't play earth to log in and wall for me (this is before smart phones heh). Is this cheating?

mrford Game profile

Apr 5th 2015, 16:25:36

If you had been playing for as long as you claim, you had to have heard about babysitting and it's illegality.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

dexsydcol Game profile

Apr 5th 2015, 17:04:49

Originally posted by mrford:
If you had been playing for as long as you claim, you had to have heard about babysitting and it's illegality.

Well I don't have anything to prove to you as I have been around since the beginnings and no I haven't heard of babysitting in terms of this game before. Doesn't mean I'm a beginner...just means I'm not the forum social butterfly with 10k plus posts that you and others seem to have.

I've deleted my tourney country for this set as well. I can't say I will be back playing again but all good things come to an end I suppose.

I'll just have to leave primary with you and the other dwindling 125 earth players to hammer it out.

Peace be to you all!

EGG

mrford Game profile

Apr 5th 2015, 17:08:59

You sound like a child. Have fun with the rage quit over breaking an obvious rule. Account sharing is against the rules in just about every game that doesn't have a babysitting system coded into the interface like tribal wars. If that game is still even around.

Nice touch with the sarcastic remarks about others high activity and the game dying. Allowing dumbasses like yourself to babysit would only kill the game faster.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Bentville Game profile

Apr 5th 2015, 17:22:37

^^^the forum doosh bag..... lol always at least one on every forum.

mrford Game profile

Apr 5th 2015, 17:39:35

Sorry if I don't coddle stupid.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Bentville Game profile

Apr 5th 2015, 17:56:44

no problem idiot.....

Marshal Game profile

Apr 5th 2015, 19:08:14

dexsydcol: if you had read server's rules (stickied thread made by red x and players are supposed to read it) this whole incident wouldn't have happened.

LATC Game profile

Apr 5th 2015, 20:09:16

Originally posted by Marshal:
dexsydcol: if you had read server's rules (stickied thread made by red x and players are supposed to read it) this whole incident wouldn't have happened.

I disagree with this and always have. You can't expect every player to read the rules, then the wiki, and also the forum just to get all the rules/regulations of a server. If it's not in the official rules of the game itself then it's not dexsydcol's fault. You can post FORUM RELATED rules as a sticky on the forum and expect ppl to follow that when posting, but not game rules.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

dexsydcol Game profile

Apr 5th 2015, 20:39:30

Originally posted by LATC:

I disagree with this and always have. You can't expect every player to read the rules, then the wiki, and also the forum just to get all the rules/regulations of a server. If it's not in the official rules of the game itself then it's not dexsydcol's fault. You can post FORUM RELATED rules as a sticky on the forum and expect ppl to follow that when posting, but not game rules.

My take is that the punishment doesn't fit the crime...

When I first found out the game was still around (yeah I had lost it when that other company ran it into the ground) I used the detail tab on the portal screen to determine which game was best suited for me...

I follow some of the posts but I'm no post "whore"...I don't even read directions out of the boxes I open..."ain't nobody got time for that"...

And mrford's smart ass comments about me throwing some childlike tantrum over a rule break...well, maybe it does piss me off a little...I would have felt a whole lot better with a frigging warning instead of just logging in and getting the "country deleted for rules violation"...

Truth is, I'm no cheater and I broke some silly ass rule I wasn't aware of.

Where I'm from there are a ton of rules that are way out of line...
as a matter of fact, here's a list of them from my state.

Bear wrestling matches are prohibited.

Incestuous marriages are legal.

It is illegal to impersonate a person of the clergy.

It is illegal to maim oneself to escape duty.

Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.
Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.
It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.
You must have windshield wipers on your car.
You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.
Masks may not be worn in public.
It is considered an offense to open an umbrella on a street, for fear of spooking horses.
Women are able to retain all property they owned prior to marriage in the case of divorce. However, this provision does not apply to men.

It is illegal to sell peanuts in Lee County after sundown on Wednesday.
It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.

Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.

It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.

My point is simply this...I have been a long term honest player that made a mistake. Cutting my damn head off for it well that may be your right...but its a little too much.

To play primary and to compete requires some commitment. I consistently have been in the top 30 rankings come end game and I had worked my way up to the top 20 this set.
If I had known you were gonna end my set over such without even questioning me about it I would have never done what I did.

And I certainly don't need some asshat like mrford popping off at the mouth with his name calling over his self righteousness and holier than thou attitude though I'm know it comes with the territory when you air a grievance out on a forum.

So go ahead mrford and take your best shot...I'm sure you and your two other buds are getting a kick out of it.

EGG

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Apr 6th 2015, 1:34:49

I am going to PM you.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 6th 2015, 6:45:19

Originally posted by Red X:
I am going to PM you.

You might just make matters worse.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Apr 6th 2015, 20:30:49

I don't like to respond to this kinda stuff in public, not that I care if anyone knows what I say/said. I just don't like putting peoples stuff out there =p

alexsiki Game profile

Apr 6th 2015, 21:59:01

Originally posted by dexsydcol:

My take is that the punishment doesn't fit the crime...

When I first found out the game was still around (yeah I had lost it when that other company ran it into the ground) I used the detail tab on the portal screen to determine which game was best suited for me...

I follow some of the posts but I'm no post "whore"...I don't even read directions out of the boxes I open..."ain't nobody got time for that"...

And mrford's smart ass comments about me throwing some childlike tantrum over a rule break...well, maybe it does piss me off a little...I would have felt a whole lot better with a frigging warning instead of just logging in and getting the "country deleted for rules violation"...

Truth is, I'm no cheater and I broke some silly ass rule I wasn't aware of.

Where I'm from there are a ton of rules that are way out of line...
as a matter of fact, here's a list of them from my state.

Bear wrestling matches are prohibited.

Incestuous marriages are legal.

It is illegal to impersonate a person of the clergy.

It is illegal to maim oneself to escape duty.

Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.
Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.
It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.
You must have windshield wipers on your car.
You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.
Masks may not be worn in public.
It is considered an offense to open an umbrella on a street, for fear of spooking horses.
Women are able to retain all property they owned prior to marriage in the case of divorce. However, this provision does not apply to men.

It is illegal to sell peanuts in Lee County after sundown on Wednesday.
It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.

Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.

It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.

My point is simply this...I have been a long term honest player that made a mistake. Cutting my damn head off for it well that may be your right...but its a little too much.

To play primary and to compete requires some commitment. I consistently have been in the top 30 rankings come end game and I had worked my way up to the top 20 this set.
If I had known you were gonna end my set over such without even questioning me about it I would have never done what I did.

And I certainly don't need some asshat like mrford popping off at the mouth with his name calling over his self righteousness and holier than thou attitude though I'm know it comes with the territory when you air a grievance out on a forum.

So go ahead mrford and take your best shot...I'm sure you and your two other buds are getting a kick out of it.

EGG

Hello Egg, I am sorry for what happened to you but my first reaction to this is that the admins of earth did the right thing. They need to be very strict with people that intentionally and unintentially break the rules. If I knew people were getting away with cheating I would not play and I am sure many others would feel the same. Whats the point...
Lesson learnt, don't feel angry just accept your punishment and move on. You did something wrong. Next time be more proactive, if you are unsure then research or ask.

Don't play dumb, surely you must of had a negative thought when you were asked to take over somebody elses account. How can you not feel just a little that it was wrong?

Cannon Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 5:58:45

EGG : You're my boy, no probs here. Rules violation but it happens to the best no probs.

Mrford : You're a dink. Never met you but judging solely on your judging of others I don't want to. EGG would crush you in primary anyway.

Everyone else : check you on the flip side

BUTTMAN Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 14:28:21

I don't really have a dog in this fight because i don't care about my primary country, but if #10 was deleted with you, then both of you attacked me within a couple days of each other, you conceivably could have used your friends turns to spy me, then your own turns to attack me.. which is unfair.

in any event, I have had 5% warfare since turn 200 and you were on my radar to get wrecked for double tapping me anyway.

MountainYeti Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 15:25:22

you can already gain essentially the same knowledge buttman from D allies just by checking what they sent for a PS on the relations tab and its perfectly legal

earf

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 15:37:18

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
oNE TIME in allianc I called my roommate who doesn't play earth to log in and wall for me (this is before smart phones heh). Is this cheating?
I asked once and this isnt allowed lol, but it should be. Or have a friend who doesnt play babysit your account should be allowed. Anyway its undetectable #whattheydontknowcanthurtyou

mrford Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 16:05:41

Originally posted by Cannon:
Mrford : You're a dink. Never met you but judging solely on your judging of others I don't want to. EGG would crush you in primary anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/LSsYe7h.jpg
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Marshal Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 19:26:24

Originally posted by earf:
asked once and this isnt allowed lol, but it should be. Or have a friend who doesnt play babysit your account should be allowed. Anyway its undetectable #whattheydontknowcanthurtyou

are you joking? babysitting shouldn't ever be allowed (it was major problem in mehul's game and would ruin this game more).

anyways unless your friend plays ee at your home then it raises flags and prolly leads to deletion so not that undetectable.

LATC Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 21:32:27

1. PUT ALL THE RULES IN THE RULES SECTION OF THE GAME

2. This big brother policing is what has/will kill EE. The fact that bans happen abruptly w/o explanations or warnings turn people off. It's a game, not the military - people want to have fun. Sure there are some things that should definitely be enforced, but it can be done in a more player friendly way. Do small countries ranked 150+ fighting 2v2 or 3v3 really need to be banned? They're just having fun and it's not affecting the real netters. EE NEEEEEEEEDS those types of players to sustain the game rather than turning off 4-6 guys from signing up again.

earf

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 22:07:08

Originally posted by earf:
asked once and this isnt allowed lol, but it should be. Or have a friend who doesnt play babysit your account should be allowed. Anyway its undetectable #whattheydontknowcanthurtyou

are you joking? babysitting shouldn't ever be allowed (it was major problem in mehul's game and would ruin this game more).

anyways unless your friend plays ee at your home then it raises flags and prolly leads to deletion so not that undetectable.
If the person doesnt have their own account mods will never know because it is not against the rules to play from more then one location. What if im going out to dinner on my wifes bday and cant play when round is ending so i tell my kid to go cash my final turns. Why is it a major problem???

Marshal Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 22:19:49

babysitting is cheating, you and only you are supposed to play your country/ies, if you don't have time to play when set ends then tough luck and better luck on next set.

if babysitting would be allowed then wars on alliance-servers (incl team) would become even more tougher than those are atm (thx to smartphones players be online most of day and wall) since even if owner of country isn't available to wall his/her friend can do it and thwart attackers plan.

Bentville Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 22:49:03

Originally posted by Cannon:

http://i.imgur.com/LSsYe7h.jpg

Please do this mr ford

https://38.media.tumblr.com/...k680ieIf1qkeepto1_500.gif

Bentville Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 22:50:50

babysitting is cheating, you and only you are supposed to play your country/ies, if you don't have time to play when set ends then tough luck and better luck on next set.

if babysitting would be allowed then wars on alliance-servers (incl team) would become even more tougher than those are atm (thx to smartphones players be online most of day and wall) since even if owner of country isn't available to wall his/her friend can do it and thwart attackers plan.

Something tells me you're a ginger, probably living in your parents basement. I would guess you are on disability and welfare with that 20k post count.......

Marshal Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 22:55:08

bentville: you are so wrong.

mrford Game profile

Apr 9th 2015, 2:05:44

Originally posted by Bentville:

Something tells me you're a ginger, probably living in your parents basement. I would guess you are on disability and welfare with that 20k post count.......

says the guy telling some random stranger on the internet to kill himself..... lol

you are the joke here. why you so mad for?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

now im nothing Game profile

Apr 9th 2015, 3:00:13

I love how people get so personal over this game, "You must be a loser, redneck, etc etc". Ah well it is semi entertaining I guess.
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

Bentville Game profile

Apr 9th 2015, 20:00:26

Originally posted by Bentville:

says the guy telling some random stranger on the internet to kill himself..... lol

you are the joke here. why you so mad for?

It was just a suggestion, no need to get all pissy about it. Deer lowered....

Bentville Game profile

Apr 9th 2015, 20:03:04

Originally posted by now im nothing:
I love how people get so personal over this game, "You must be a loser, redneck, etc etc". Ah well it is semi entertaining I guess.

I don't recall asking for input from the bottom dwellers of the game...

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Apr 9th 2015, 21:55:34

2. This big brother policing is what has/will kill EE. The fact that bans happen abruptly w/o explanations or warnings turn people off. It's a game, not the military - people want to have fun. Sure there are some things that should definitely be enforced, but it can be done in a more player friendly way. Do small countries ranked 150+ fighting 2v2 or 3v3 really need to be banned? They're just having fun and it's not affecting the real netters. EE NEEEEEEEEDS those types of players to sustain the game rather than turning off 4-6 guys from signing up again.

It says in the rules that you are allowed one country per this server. I am not sure how to make it more clear.

Bentville Game profile

Apr 9th 2015, 22:20:27

It says in the rules that you are allowed one country per this server. I am not sure how to make it more clear.

You got your point across, you want to show everyone you are the boss.
Now when you end up with no players you can read those rules over and over to yourself.

mrford Game profile

Apr 9th 2015, 22:40:19

coming from the guy with a best 3 at 43mill average.

just how bad are you at this game? is that why you are so mad?

Edited By: mrford on Apr 9th 2015, 22:42:37
Swagger of a Chupacabra

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 9th 2015, 22:52:17

Are you fkn kidding me!!! It's what makes this game worthwhile, bro!! :-)
(•_•)

dexsydcol Game profile

Apr 10th 2015, 0:46:02

Red, you and I discussed this in pm's...I already told you it wasn't a case of more than one country. I don't know why you can't figure that out but if you cats continue slamming my good name, I'm gonna have to lawyer up and own this damn place.

I already have more anxiety over these false accusations of cheating which are bleeding over into my professional life and personal life. Its even causing me some marital issues as well...all good grounds for a lawsuit from both me and my spouse.

Now that you guys have banned me and are labelling me a cheater...well that's a personal blow I'm not gonna take lightly.

You, Marshal and the fktard Ford may find yourself in a court facing serious charges with these accusations.

I was going to lay low but now you slandering canucks are pissing me off... and slandering my good name and reputation is something I don't take so lightly.

I'm thinking EGG Empires kinda rolls off my tongue sweetly...first thing I'd do is fire you tards and at least fix your rules page as LATC has stated....

Then again I may go on vacation with the money I'm gonna suck out of you for the defamation of character you guys are doing to me.

EGG

RMcCourt

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2015, 1:15:27

Egg, good idea on the name change, that way eestats is still applicable.

mrford Game profile

Apr 10th 2015, 2:23:13

Lol you ruin your own character with posts like that.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

LATC Game profile

Apr 10th 2015, 2:42:04

Red, It wasn't his country though (he didn't create it, it wasn't his account) so he technically didn't break that rule. The rules don't specify that you can't play turns for other players. Nor does it say that you can't run turns for your country on another players computer. That's just the way EE chooses to determine if someone is playing multiple countries. In a court of law ambiguity in a contract favors the non-writing party (Contra proferentem).

Sure it's written in the primary thread but no where in the terms or rules does it say a player is responsible for reading the forums and/or the wiki and abiding by all the rules posted there as well so it can't be expected that all players will know these additional specific server rules.

I know this isn't a courtroom and I'm actually not even trying to advocate for or against dexsydcol, but it's just something that's bugged me about the way things were handled in this new EE because it turns players off when they're banned for something they didn't know about.

Assassin Game profile

Apr 10th 2015, 3:29:28

oh i'll take this case pro bono

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Apr 10th 2015, 12:36:23

egg, you are not banned, feel free to re create. I have not "banned" anyone. I just follow the guidelines that were put in place. Nothing I am doing is new.

Marshal Game profile

Apr 10th 2015, 14:20:40

dexsy: stop acting like a moron.

Bentville Game profile

Apr 10th 2015, 14:44:23

[quote poster=Marshal; 35713; 648079]dexsy: stop acting like a moron. [/quot
dexsy: stop acting like a moron.

Looks like the Dooshoff is starting in this thread between Marshal and mrsford.
Going to be a tough call here. Both are neck and neck right now.

Bentville Game profile

Apr 10th 2015, 14:45:56

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Are you fkn kidding me!!! It's what makes this game worthwhile, bro!! :-)

^^^ finally someone that get's it.