Verified:

Greaps Game profile

Feb 2nd 2015, 19:11:43

There are currently 43 countries in game B the Tournament server. Is this typical or should I expect many more as time goes on?

Seems like it would be impossible to attack for land.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2015, 23:08:23

Just AB everyone!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

deezyboy Game profile

Feb 2nd 2015, 23:20:54

^this

Furious999 Game profile

Feb 4th 2015, 17:16:43

There will be even fewer active players. Some of the 43 countries will never get out of protection.

You can grab but targets run out eventually.

My experience (two sets) is that action is painfully slow throughout and everything pretty much grinds to a halt about two thirds to three quarters of the way through the set.

If you play actively expect to get to the top of the scores list and to stay there. If all you want to do is qualify for "A" play cautiously, don't piss anyone off, and you'll finish high enough up whichever strat you play. If you want to win I'd strongly suggest playing all-X casher with a lowish land goal. When the thing goes to sleep you will be well placed to take advantage of the slow markets and should win at a canter. If, like me, you are not great at stocking and de-stocking it will be a good opportunity to practice.

Greaps Game profile

Feb 4th 2015, 21:48:38

Interesting, thanks for the advise, I already committed to a CI, doing well , getting the feel for the game. Thinking of growing to 6-8k acres playing pure CI gathering a sizable stockpiles and maxing out Military tech and converting to TMBR.

Furious999 Game profile

Feb 4th 2015, 22:34:41

I used to play TMBR in the long ago and assumed I could do the same when I found the game again a few months back. Well you can't. People now use their private market to de-stock (because of the smaller numbers I think) and the military market is never active enough to make re-selling viable. That is true on all servers (I haven't played on FFA or Team) but it is particularly true on tourney.

You will do well playing CI but may have to play rather aggressively to be sure of winning. If you just want to qualify into "A" grab to about 20k acres never hitting anyone more than once. After you get to that sort of point my guess is that viable targets will get very thin on the ground w/o taking the risk of pissing people off enough to suicide on you. So you will just have to do the best you can to maximise networth from there. It won't matter though, as you will already have well enough networth to get into "A".

If you want to win, to hell with worrying about pissing people off, just keep aggressively grabbing and aim to finish with 30k acres.

Good luck.

Edited By: Furious999 on Feb 5th 2015, 22:55:07
See Original Post

lmg Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 7:46:24